Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Ramsey 18:24 - Feb 11 with 3537 viewsraynor94

Has signed a pre contract agreement with Juventus, paying a basic contract of £400,000 a week, making him the highest paid British player ever, based on a basic contract.

Nice work if you can get it!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Aaron Ramsey on 21:05 - Feb 11 with 1141 viewsmajorraglan

Aaron Ramsey on 20:56 - Feb 11 by Glyn1

Should the money go to the players or should the mega-rich club owners keep it for themselves? Tough question. Either way it won't go to the supporters or (in the Chelsea owner's case) to the Siberian miners making his money for him.

Personally I confess that I wouldn't turn it down.

For the sake of argument, let's say the the club thinks that he's worth it, and it turns out that they are correct, does that change anyone's opinion?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 20:59]

I wouldn’t turn it down either, but I would make sure that a proportion of it is spent on improving people lives and good causes.
Aaron Ramsey on 21:11 - Feb 11 with 1138 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Aaron Ramsey on 18:56 - Feb 11 by swancity

Excellent player but not world class which makes his salary excessive to sag the least and all that's wrong with modern football. Almost £60,000 a day basic wage. That's a disgrace. It's certainly something that needs to be stopped (if at all possible).

There are only 11 world class players in the world.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Aaron Ramsey on 21:12 - Feb 11 with 1130 viewstheloneranger

Aaron Ramsey on 21:11 - Feb 11 by felixstowe_jack

There are only 11 world class players in the world.

Time for a team talk

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Aaron Ramsey on 21:16 - Feb 11 with 1116 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Aaron Ramsey on 21:05 - Feb 11 by majorraglan

I wouldn’t turn it down either, but I would make sure that a proportion of it is spent on improving people lives and good causes.

He should pay 45% of it in income and local taxes in Italy.
Should help them reduce their national debt.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Aaron Ramsey on 21:17 - Feb 11 with 1114 viewsjasper_T

A lot of footballers donate huge sums to charity, and not just because it's a good tax writeoff.

Ramsey's currently big on protecting endangered species, and charities like WWF spend a lot of their money improving the lives of people who live in the same areas as those animals, so they're not forced to poach etc.

It's honestly a lot better having these sums of money in the hands of footballers than the businessmen running clubs. Even the idiots are spending the cash on stuff, so it's good for the economy, innit.
Aaron Ramsey on 21:17 - Feb 11 with 1113 viewsbonymine

Aaron Ramsey on 20:09 - Feb 11 by 34dfgdf54

One of the most overrated players in football.

I have to disagree he’s a very talented player just exposing the football transfer laws these days ....if Arsenal were interested they should have signed him up simple as that 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Aaron Ramsey on 22:21 - Feb 11 with 1053 viewsMervyn

Good to average player ,surprised to see a club like Juventus paying that sort of money. Joe Allen and Leon Britton both a class above imo
Aaron Ramsey on 23:39 - Feb 11 with 1013 viewsJackSomething

Aaron Ramsey on 22:21 - Feb 11 by Mervyn

Good to average player ,surprised to see a club like Juventus paying that sort of money. Joe Allen and Leon Britton both a class above imo

Now that's just silly and patently not true. Remind me when Juventus, Barcelona, PSG, Bayern and more wanted to sign Leon or Joe?

Can't help but think his Cardiff background skews some people's view of him to ridiculous levels.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Ramsey on 23:52 - Feb 11 with 1009 viewsWinner_

Aaron Ramsey on 20:55 - Feb 11 by SgorioFruit

It is absolutely absurdly obscene. What the hell has gone wrong with the world?
Children dying from illnesses that this type of money would help a great deal with medical research.
The sooner this gazallionaire lifestyle for kicking a ball is stopped the better.

Also, just think what that type of money could do for grass roots football

It isn’t being taken away from medical research though.

The world we live in is that some people are mega rich, it’s always been this way. It’s just that football has become so popular that they now choose to put their money here instead of putting it in stocks for example.

I do think it’s an issue however and would prefer to see a salary and transfer cap but for that to work the cap would have to be Europe wide. In short, it will never happen.

Ironic that so many complain about money ruining football and then beg for an oil tycoon owner.
Aaron Ramsey on 05:30 - Feb 12 with 939 viewsicecoldjack

Big time Charlie when playing for Wales, always too selfish and tries to not be in Bales shadow, I guess this move explains a lot in that respect.

Good luck to him anyway, hope he does well there and that many other British players go abroad, it will make him a far better player, he'll have to graft for his 400k a week though, the Italians won't take to him strolling around the field going through the motions.

My guess is that he'll be a sensation over there.
Aaron Ramsey on 07:26 - Feb 12 with 915 viewsbuilthjack

He will actually see around 40% of it. But yes, still obscene.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Aaron Ramsey on 08:45 - Feb 12 with 887 viewsjackrmee

Aaron Ramsey on 18:29 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not qualifying for a World Cup with him, Bale and other players such as Allen and Williams in supporting roles is horrendous. The fluke in France hides the fact Coleman under performed massively with the best Welsh team we have had in decades and wont likely see again in our life time.

The most annoying and negative poster on here. I wish your fingers fall off

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Aaron Ramsey on 09:11 - Feb 12 with 874 viewsItchySphincter

Aaron Ramsey on 19:05 - Feb 11 by Oldjack

Vastly overrated

Well said Alan.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Aaron Ramsey on 09:42 - Feb 12 with 861 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Aaron Ramsey on 20:54 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why will it burst soon? Sky, BT and others paying for the TV rights must be paying these sums because they're seeing a return on their investment.

There's still so many options they haven't touched as well. Surely an online subscription service isn't too far away, similar to what the American sport leagues have.

Personally I would like to see a much higher percentage of the money go towards grassroots initiatives and other community projects. A team salary cap would be great but I suspect it is likely illegal and agents, players and others who stand to lose out would have the idea buried very quickly.

From what I read yesterday this is a very real possibility, the main difference being is that the Premier Lg want to steam the Premiership games themselves to generate their own revenue stream and cut out Sky/BT from any TV deal.

If there's any truth in that then it would be a game changer for everyone.

Aaron Ramsey on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 860 viewsGaz_M

Aaron Ramsey on 18:29 - Feb 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Not qualifying for a World Cup with him, Bale and other players such as Allen and Williams in supporting roles is horrendous. The fluke in France hides the fact Coleman under performed massively with the best Welsh team we have had in decades and wont likely see again in our life time.

Attention seeking cock.
Aaron Ramsey on 09:56 - Feb 12 with 844 viewsjack_lord

Aaron Ramsey on 18:56 - Feb 11 by swancity

Excellent player but not world class which makes his salary excessive to sag the least and all that's wrong with modern football. Almost £60,000 a day basic wage. That's a disgrace. It's certainly something that needs to be stopped (if at all possible).

Him earning in a day what it takes a lot of Swansea people 3 to 4 years to earn highlights how stupidly crazy the bubble has got. Personally, I want this to end unless there is a super taz which sees most of their earnings channeled to helping solve real issues.
He isn't even that good.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Aaron Ramsey on 12:44 - Feb 13 with 722 viewstrinityann

The bubble has burst for me, I am not renewing any sports TV subscription next season(does help Swans not in Premier League). Sky and BT can whistle!
Aaron Ramsey on 14:30 - Feb 13 with 694 viewswestwalesed

Aaron Ramsey on 18:58 - Feb 11 by swancity

Underperformed ?

A mix of one world class player, two excellent ones and then a mixture of good pros and journeymen. Was a great achievement to get that close to the final and only the best all round player in the world stopped them.

Not to mention the fact that Bale was injured for key games during that campaign.

What a clown?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024