Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Dooley?? 13:51 - Jul 29 with 7497 views_DailyDale

Anyone know what’s happening with Dooley? Training with the squad, went to Tenerife but hasn’t played a minute? Think it may have something to do with “EFL and International Clearance”
Stephen Dooley?? on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 5368 viewsfitzochris

That wouldn’t stop him playing friendlies, but it seems it’s best not to ask.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stephen Dooley?? on 14:04 - Jul 29 with 5341 views442Dale

Has there been any interviews with Hill since Tenerife? Can’t remember any interviews after games, not even with the players.

We know now we get such info and insight when it’s deemed appropriate. There is seemingly no consistent approach or plan. Does it help? No. But it’s understandable that’s how things are.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Dooley?? on 14:11 - Jul 29 with 5319 viewsfitzochris

Stephen Dooley?? on 14:04 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

Has there been any interviews with Hill since Tenerife? Can’t remember any interviews after games, not even with the players.

We know now we get such info and insight when it’s deemed appropriate. There is seemingly no consistent approach or plan. Does it help? No. But it’s understandable that’s how things are.

There is no plan because such things are at the behest of one individual.

Stephen Dooley?? on 15:32 - Jul 29 with 5135 views1907

Hill always tends to sign one player in July & January that we rarely end up seeing. Maybe Dooley is this years offer?
Stephen Dooley?? on 15:51 - Jul 29 with 5068 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stephen Dooley?? on 15:32 - Jul 29 by 1907

Hill always tends to sign one player in July & January that we rarely end up seeing. Maybe Dooley is this years offer?

I think even last year's version, Reece Brown payed in a couple of friendlies and certainly the Caraboa Cup.
Stephen Dooley?? on 16:10 - Jul 29 with 4991 viewssteofthedale

He was sat in the stand at Tranmere yesterday so I went and had a chat.

Nice bloke and seems to be settling in ok. Unfortunately he has an injury that has precluded his participation in the preseason matches.

steofthedale*

Stephen Dooley?? on 16:25 - Jul 29 with 4948 viewsD_Dale

Stephen Dooley?? on 15:32 - Jul 29 by 1907

Jack Muldoon ... Dave Owusu ... Javan Vidal ... Dave Syers ... Sean McGinty ...

But I hope not Dooley too: when signed, he seemed very keen to show what he could do in English football.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 16:35]
Stephen Dooley?? on 17:32 - Jul 29 with 4804 viewsJames1980

Stephen Dooley?? on 16:10 - Jul 29 by steofthedale

He was sat in the stand at Tranmere yesterday so I went and had a chat.

Nice bloke and seems to be settling in ok. Unfortunately he has an injury that has precluded his participation in the preseason matches.

What sort of injury and did he get it in Tenerife?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Dooley?? on 17:47 - Jul 29 with 4758 views1907

Stephen Dooley?? on 16:25 - Jul 29 by D_Dale

Jack Muldoon ... Dave Owusu ... Javan Vidal ... Dave Syers ... Sean McGinty ...

But I hope not Dooley too: when signed, he seemed very keen to show what he could do in English football.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 16:35]

Fabian Brandy. The lad from Lincoln last season (who had mental health problems). Joel Taylor.
Stephen Dooley?? on 18:53 - Jul 29 with 4590 viewssteofthedale

Stephen Dooley?? on 17:32 - Jul 29 by James1980

What sort of injury and did he get it in Tenerife?

No specifics about what, when or where....just picked up a knock.

However he is keen to be involved as soon as......

steofthedale*

Stephen Dooley?? on 19:11 - Jul 29 with 4552 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stephen Dooley?? on 17:47 - Jul 29 by 1907

Fabian Brandy. The lad from Lincoln last season (who had mental health problems). Joel Taylor.

Knotty?
Stephen Dooley?? on 20:03 - Jul 29 with 4408 views49thseason

I guess you have to kiss a few frogs before you find a Prince. There is no real harm gambling on a player each season on the off chance he becomes the player others thought he might become or a youngster who has failed somewhere else who suddenly "gets it" and becomes a proper player. Given KH's record, there is a better chance he will unearth someone than most managers, for the sake of a relatively low wage its always got to be worth trying.
Stephen Dooley?? on 23:54 - Jul 29 with 4159 viewsfitzochris

Stephen Dooley?? on 18:53 - Jul 29 by steofthedale

No specifics about what, when or where....just picked up a knock.

However he is keen to be involved as soon as......

It has taken a supporter asking the fellow directly to ascertain why Dooley isn’t playing. Ace.

Stephen Dooley?? on 00:44 - Jul 30 with 4110 viewsBrierls

It’s a shame Dooley has missed the pre-season games, I was looking forward to seeing him play. Fingers crossed we get to see him soon, but I think it will take him a while to make up for sharpness lost in pre-season.

I don’t understand why it’s such an issue for some that the reason for his absence hasn’t been made public.
Stephen Dooley?? on 06:04 - Jul 30 with 4019 viewsfitzochris

Stephen Dooley?? on 00:44 - Jul 30 by Brierls

It’s a shame Dooley has missed the pre-season games, I was looking forward to seeing him play. Fingers crossed we get to see him soon, but I think it will take him a while to make up for sharpness lost in pre-season.

I don’t understand why it’s such an issue for some that the reason for his absence hasn’t been made public.

I imagine because they feel the way you outline in your first sentence.

Stephen Dooley?? on 07:45 - Jul 30 with 3929 viewsdaz

Don't think Hill has ever publicly announced details of injuries. It is a shame with Dooley and he's probably gutted too at not having the chance to get going.

We were always going to get knocks in pre season. I heard last Tuesday that all squad were available bar Dooley and Delaney, but a couple more names missing on Saturday, not sure whether these were injuries or not.
Stephen Dooley?? on 07:57 - Jul 30 with 3916 viewsfitzochris

Stephen Dooley?? on 07:45 - Jul 30 by daz

Don't think Hill has ever publicly announced details of injuries. It is a shame with Dooley and he's probably gutted too at not having the chance to get going.

We were always going to get knocks in pre season. I heard last Tuesday that all squad were available bar Dooley and Delaney, but a couple more names missing on Saturday, not sure whether these were injuries or not.

Your first sentence is incorrect and is why other forum users, such as 442, have referred to inconsistency. He has been more tight-lipped about this area in recent times, however, granted.

When all said and done, it’s a minor gripe on a fans’ forum. It’s not keeping me awake at night, punching walls.

I imagine there are reasons other than injury as to why Hill hasn’t done any media since Tenerife, and that’s up to him.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 8:04]

Stephen Dooley?? on 08:10 - Jul 30 with 3880 viewsdaz

Stephen Dooley?? on 07:57 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

Your first sentence is incorrect and is why other forum users, such as 442, have referred to inconsistency. He has been more tight-lipped about this area in recent times, however, granted.

When all said and done, it’s a minor gripe on a fans’ forum. It’s not keeping me awake at night, punching walls.

I imagine there are reasons other than injury as to why Hill hasn’t done any media since Tenerife, and that’s up to him.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 8:04]

I said I don't think Hill has announced details of injuries in the past but if he has I stand corrected. He has been very quiet this pre season you're right.

Dooley was a player I (and others I guess) was excited to see in action so it's a shame he's picked up a knock. Nice that we have the squad to cope with this though and still (hopefully)be competitive.
Stephen Dooley?? on 08:59 - Jul 30 with 3803 viewsJames1980

Has the lack of information re injured players ever been raised at fans forum's?

Stephen Dooley?? on 09:12 - Jul 30 with 3770 viewsisitme

I think so.

It comes down to not wanting to give the opposition any advantage (however minor it might be) regarding team selection.
Stephen Dooley?? on 09:18 - Jul 30 with 3755 viewsfitzochris

Stephen Dooley?? on 08:59 - Jul 30 by James1980

Has the lack of information re injured players ever been raised at fans forum's?

I believe the issue around the inconsistency of info has been raised before, yes.

Again, though, this doesn’t need to be a big deal. Nobody is asking for Dooley’s medical records or a letter from his GP. A new signing, who has been labelled as an exciting winger, not playing in any pre-season games, will naturally have fans wondering where he is. A simple “he’s picked up a knock” would’ve been enough. Stops all the “international clearance, he’s shite, he’s homesick” type speculation.

And while I understand that on occasion the availability or unavailability of a player can hand the opposition a slight advantage, in pre-season, with an unknown quantity of a player, it’s negligible. Nobody is naïve enough to think Burton won’t have had at least one of our friendlies watched for shape and personnel, regardless.

Stephen Dooley?? on 09:50 - Jul 30 with 3675 viewsrochdaleriddler

I don’t buy into all this ‘it gives the opposition an advantage’ guff. Other clubs keep the fans informed about injuries, likely return dates etc. In this Information Age the club could do so much better. As Fitz said, it’s a minor gripe, but how often have fans said to each other at games last year, ‘oh so and so isn’t even on the bench’ and then only getting the reason 3 weeks later,if at all

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stephen Dooley?? on 10:11 - Jul 30 with 3618 viewsJames1980

When the player who is out then tells a fan why, it does leave one doing a bit of head scratching re the policy of silence

Stephen Dooley?? on 10:16 - Jul 30 with 3606 viewsMorden

Stephen Dooley?? on 09:18 - Jul 30 by fitzochris

I believe the issue around the inconsistency of info has been raised before, yes.

Again, though, this doesn’t need to be a big deal. Nobody is asking for Dooley’s medical records or a letter from his GP. A new signing, who has been labelled as an exciting winger, not playing in any pre-season games, will naturally have fans wondering where he is. A simple “he’s picked up a knock” would’ve been enough. Stops all the “international clearance, he’s shite, he’s homesick” type speculation.

And while I understand that on occasion the availability or unavailability of a player can hand the opposition a slight advantage, in pre-season, with an unknown quantity of a player, it’s negligible. Nobody is naïve enough to think Burton won’t have had at least one of our friendlies watched for shape and personnel, regardless.

I think the problem is what do you put out if he is shite or homesick?

If you establish a precedent of letting the public know when the problem is something like a knock or international clearance, the public will then expect it whatever the reason. If the reason is related to the player suitability, the club wouldn't be able to comment. But then, even the absence of a comment would have people speculating as to the player's capability. I think the club might take the view that it is best not to comment at all on player's unavailability
Stephen Dooley?? on 10:16 - Jul 30 with 3604 viewsDaleiLama

Stephen Dooley?? on 09:50 - Jul 30 by rochdaleriddler

I don’t buy into all this ‘it gives the opposition an advantage’ guff. Other clubs keep the fans informed about injuries, likely return dates etc. In this Information Age the club could do so much better. As Fitz said, it’s a minor gripe, but how often have fans said to each other at games last year, ‘oh so and so isn’t even on the bench’ and then only getting the reason 3 weeks later,if at all

Pretty much my view too. How good your team is, how it matches up against the opponent, tactics chosen in view of the above and in-game adjustments are all more important. If the opponent have a back 4 all > 6' 6", even if one is injured and we don't know, the long ball to Calvin probably won't work (some would argue it never did)!

There were quite a few times last season when I arrived at the ground to find a player coming off a long term injury back in the first XI without even knowing they were fit again.

#ignoranceisbliss

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024