Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local Elections results 08:56 - May 4 with 13048 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am surprise we haven't had some Tory Boys on here crowing this morning. ;-)
It's neck and neck isn't it?
The Torys have not had the kicking they were expecting.
I think this down to the collapse of the UKIP vote with their votes going to Conservative. After all you can't put a tissue between Rhys-Mogg and Farage.
In addition I think Labour has not done so well as a result of its stance on Brexit. As a current Leftie I have to say I am a tad disappointed.
I have always said though that antcscemitsm and Brexit are the main obsticles for a Labour sucess.
It is a wake up call for JC and it could be going the way I have said it might do in the past.
Labour could be forced to change its stance as a result of internal pressures and call for a Referenedum once the final Brexit deal isn't done. After all it really is looking like a dogs dinner. Defeat for the Cons would mean a General Election.
If that resulted in a Labour / Lib Dem / Green coalition with the end of Brexit then I for one would be very happy.
Views?
[Post edited 4 May 2018 8:58]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Local Elections results on 11:33 - May 4 with 1558 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 11:28 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Nah

The Torys are doing ukips job very nicely and more .

Plenty of working folk who would balk at voting Conservative seem to have no problem voting for somebody even further to the right, Tom. I’m on shifts with enough of them to sink a ship.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Local Elections results on 11:35 - May 4 with 1555 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 09:59 - May 4 by omarjack

The Tory party has been hijacked by the UKIP and their far-right friends.
Just like how Trump hijacked the Republican party in the US.
Which is terrifying as now they have a legitimate big platform fuelled by other oblivious centrist Tories who can't see how the rug is being pulled from under their feet.

I was expecting big Lib-Dem gains from concerned Tories over the state of their party, And Labour Blairites and centrists who are uncomfortable with Corbyn's ambiguous policies.

Thanks for a decent reply. :-) I have also been surprised how the Lib Dems have not been embraced to any any extent as the only true out and out Remain Party.
I don't think Labour''s policies arevambiguous bur maybe a bit too radical for some hence there is still work to be done. I still think Labour would have been far more successful this time had they offered a referendum on the final deal if they could not get a General Election.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Local Elections results on 11:36 - May 4 with 1550 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 09:40 - May 4 by Lohengrin

As well as a Unicorn? Fair play old Jezz makes Abundantia seem positively stingy by comparison.

Mmm true to form.

Local Elections results on 11:37 - May 4 with 1550 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections results on 11:33 - May 4 by Lohengrin

Plenty of working folk who would balk at voting Conservative seem to have no problem voting for somebody even further to the right, Tom. I’m on shifts with enough of them to sink a ship.

Indeed

I hear you loh

I work shifts also , it’s rife amongst the man on the street

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Local Elections results on 11:39 - May 4 with 1548 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Local Elections results on 11:35 - May 4 by Private_Partz

Thanks for a decent reply. :-) I have also been surprised how the Lib Dems have not been embraced to any any extent as the only true out and out Remain Party.
I don't think Labour''s policies arevambiguous bur maybe a bit too radical for some hence there is still work to be done. I still think Labour would have been far more successful this time had they offered a referendum on the final deal if they could not get a General Election.

Sunderland voted leave +60 %

Now it’s just elected a huge swing of Lib Dem councillors.

Bizarre stuff ?

Local Elections results on 11:43 - May 4 with 1542 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 11:36 - May 4 by Private_Partz

Mmm true to form.

What was it Plato said about constancy being the one trait directly attributed to the soul?

Local Elections results on 11:49 - May 4 with 1533 viewslondonlisa2001

This Tory party are divisive, divided, extreme, utterly incompetent and actually just plain nasty. The party has been taken over by bigots, zealots, right wing extremists, and even their much trumpeted economic competence has been thrown aside to pursue the most ridiculous, self harming direction it is possible to imagine. Their leader is dreadful and weak and is surrounded by people who are both useless and spiteful.

If the Labour Party had a leader of even moderate competence, they would be winning everything in an absolute landslide. Instead, London (a city most affected by issues such as Windrush, Brexit, disgusting attitudes to immigrants) sees only a small move to Labour and a notable failure to take the Tory councils, and the rest of the country actually sees a small move to the Tories.

It beggars belief. For the love of God can't we see a sensible centrist Labour front bench, a vote in the house on the Brexit details that will protect this country from the madness and consign the likes of Rees Mogg, Johnson, Hunt, Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott to the political wilderness where they belong.

It's totally depressing. Two extremes, yelling at each other, while the country disintegrates.
Local Elections results on 11:59 - May 4 with 1522 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 11:49 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

This Tory party are divisive, divided, extreme, utterly incompetent and actually just plain nasty. The party has been taken over by bigots, zealots, right wing extremists, and even their much trumpeted economic competence has been thrown aside to pursue the most ridiculous, self harming direction it is possible to imagine. Their leader is dreadful and weak and is surrounded by people who are both useless and spiteful.

If the Labour Party had a leader of even moderate competence, they would be winning everything in an absolute landslide. Instead, London (a city most affected by issues such as Windrush, Brexit, disgusting attitudes to immigrants) sees only a small move to Labour and a notable failure to take the Tory councils, and the rest of the country actually sees a small move to the Tories.

It beggars belief. For the love of God can't we see a sensible centrist Labour front bench, a vote in the house on the Brexit details that will protect this country from the madness and consign the likes of Rees Mogg, Johnson, Hunt, Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott to the political wilderness where they belong.

It's totally depressing. Two extremes, yelling at each other, while the country disintegrates.

On a lighter note there was a pretty little thing sitting opposite me in Costa yesterday wearing a pair of red, suede pixie boots who must have wondered why I smiled when she sat down.

Login to get fewer ads

Local Elections results on 12:00 - May 4 with 1520 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 09:19 - May 4 by Darran

“I have always said though that antcscemitsm and Brexit are the main obsticles for a Labour sucess”

The main obstacle for a Labour success is Jeremy Corbyn.

Why do you think that Darr?

Local Elections results on 12:04 - May 4 with 1515 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Nah

You are so far off it’s unbelievable

Brexit is the biggest issue on the table

The man on the street wants a hard Brexit

And the re moaners can bark its labours fault all they want .

Ukip have done their job and now they’ll vote Tory until it’s done .

To be honest I voted remain and this Brexit has ruined politics

But the people have voted

Vote Lib Dem if you don’t want Brexit

By the way I’ve never voted labour in locals either

Local Elections results on 12:09 - May 4 with 1510 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 09:28 - May 4 by bluey_the_blue

Has to be said it's a disaster for Labour and Corbyn.

Unpopular government, local elections are often protest votes yet Labour unable to make any of the gains they'd need to if they harbour hopes of winning next general election.

It's all very well calling for Corbyn to change course on Brexit but he's always been anti-EU as have the unions - cheap labour doing away with jobs for Brits or so the mantra goes. He's not going to change his principles - and if he does, then he's a hypocrite really.

What I suspect will happen is that Labour completely and utterly mislead the signs and decide they need to go further left.

Thank's to you as well Bluey even though I always disagree with everything you say. ;-)
It is not a disaster IMHO but disappointing nonetheless.
I have been reading up on reactions of Corby supporters to his stance on the EU and there is no doubt there is a groundswell of opinion for him to change direction.
I belive him when he said he was 70/30 in favour of Europe and he would still vote to remain. Changes are needed but you have to be in it to change it.
It is still neck and neck. All to fight for even if the end result is a coalition.
[Post edited 4 May 2018 12:13]

Local Elections results on 12:22 - May 4 with 1498 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections results on 12:04 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Nah

You are so far off it’s unbelievable

Brexit is the biggest issue on the table

The man on the street wants a hard Brexit

And the re moaners can bark its labours fault all they want .

Ukip have done their job and now they’ll vote Tory until it’s done .

To be honest I voted remain and this Brexit has ruined politics

But the people have voted

Vote Lib Dem if you don’t want Brexit

By the way I’ve never voted labour in locals either

What possible evidence do you have for thinking the man on the street wants a hard Brexit.

Even assuming three quarters the leave voters wanted a hard brexit, there is a substantial majority who don't.

No one here was talking about Brexit on the doorstep (at least the ones who visited us). The only debate was Charing Cross Hospital.

But Brexit is Labour's fault. Specifically Corbyn.

I have voted Labour in locals many times. Not yesterday.
Local Elections results on 12:36 - May 4 with 1484 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 10:24 - May 4 by Highjack

Yeah stop getting distracted by politics and support the team you BUNCH OF FACKING MUGS!

Wrong board guys ;-)

Local Elections results on 12:45 - May 4 with 1479 viewsPrivate_Partz

Local Elections results on 11:39 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Bizarre stuff ?

It is why I am so worried by referenda. It seems Joe Voter has not got a clue what is going on. At least with General Elections it only effs us up for 4 years or so of it goes nipples up. The Brexit debacle will see us done over for generations.

Local Elections results on 12:49 - May 4 with 1471 viewslondonlisa2001

Local Elections results on 11:39 - May 4 by oh_tommy_tommy

Bizarre stuff ?

Students they are saying. Voting in one constituency now and a different one for Brexit (when term was over).
Local Elections results on 12:57 - May 4 with 1468 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 12:22 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

What possible evidence do you have for thinking the man on the street wants a hard Brexit.

Even assuming three quarters the leave voters wanted a hard brexit, there is a substantial majority who don't.

No one here was talking about Brexit on the doorstep (at least the ones who visited us). The only debate was Charing Cross Hospital.

But Brexit is Labour's fault. Specifically Corbyn.

I have voted Labour in locals many times. Not yesterday.

”But Brexit is Labour's fault. Specifically Corbyn.”

That’s some stretch, love. Why would you think that with one toot of his Trotskyist flute millions would march in lock-step through the streets in behind him? I’m not buying that at all.

Living in London I think you have drastically underestimated just how ferocious the anti-EU sentiment became in many areas. Much of it may have been anti-immigrant, much more would have been a more generalised ‘my life is shit, there has to be something else.’

If you’re looking for a more sophisticated acuity I doubt you’ll find it.

Local Elections results on 13:00 - May 4 with 1461 viewsDippy

I'm voting for nobody.. the reason is simple

If you're not part of the inner tory or labour sanctum.. your financial, perceived education, and lives are unlikely to be enhanced at all.

I just see average people earn above average money, for selling their souls to organisations that are more corrupt than Hitler's army.

I just use nursery logic.

"You see that big man over there offering sweets to you, he's a bad man! You do not take sweets off this man, do you understand me"

You get taught this stuff in nursery..

"Do not steal! Stealing is bad"
"People who steal get punished"

Once you've joined a cult.. etc.

But when people get older.. they just assume that these rules don't apply.

They all complain..

"Why am I stressed"
"Why am I being financially punished"
"Why am I ill"
"Why am I this"
"Why am I that"

It's almost as if I've got to slap you on your face to wake you all up..

Poll: Cooper Out

Local Elections results on 13:03 - May 4 with 1451 viewsPrivate_Partz

I actually think it would be good for politics if we had right left and centre. It would give the voters some actual choice and control.
Far better than New Labour and the Tories fighting for the middle ground occupied by Lib Dens. There was no choice.
Labour currently have a radical manifesto offering real change. Austerity has been around for so long now people think we don't deserve any more. Couple this with slurs and a Murdoch media and there is a real mountain to climb.
It is still neck and neck after the massive surge to Labour and there is not hhe slack to be taken up this time. There is a huge swathe of brexiteers who don't give a damn about jobs or the economy. They will prop the Tories up regardless.
I think the way things are going there could be a Labour or coalition government and Brexit being consigned to the bin. Optimistic I know but I think it could happen ;-).

Local Elections results on 13:16 - May 4 with 1435 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

And still his supporters can't see it is him that is the problem. The further left they go, which I'm sure they will, the worse it will get.

I actually think she'd win another general election against him today.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Local Elections results on 13:16 - May 4 with 1435 viewsEbo

Local Elections results on 11:59 - May 4 by Lohengrin

On a lighter note there was a pretty little thing sitting opposite me in Costa yesterday wearing a pair of red, suede pixie boots who must have wondered why I smiled when she sat down.

Never had you down as a Costa customer Loh. Always had you down as someone who would sidle up to a backstreet espresso bar and sit there sipping an Americano.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Local Elections results on 13:17 - May 4 with 1432 viewsEbo

Local Elections results on 10:21 - May 4 by Darran

No it wasn’t and didn’t,whats your point?

My point being that Corbyn has resurrected the popularity Labour party, it was on its arse under that idiot Milliband.

Local Elections results on 13:19 - May 4 with 1428 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 13:16 - May 4 by Ebo

Never had you down as a Costa customer Loh. Always had you down as someone who would sidle up to a backstreet espresso bar and sit there sipping an Americano.

Dodging a downpour, Ebs. Needs must.

Local Elections results on 13:20 - May 4 with 1427 viewsEbo

Local Elections results on 13:16 - May 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

And still his supporters can't see it is him that is the problem. The further left they go, which I'm sure they will, the worse it will get.

I actually think she'd win another general election against him today.

If there was a GE tomorrow Maybot would shit her kecks

Local Elections results on 13:21 - May 4 with 1426 viewsomarjack

I think the Centre needs to regroup(whether they're centrist remain Tories or non-Corbyn Labour.) Perhaps under the Lib-Dems banner. We would have a strong anti-populist font ala Macron in France that will get everybody's sh!t together and end this madness.
If Remainers and moderates in this country put their differences aside for the greater good, they'd probably win most elections.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Local Elections results on 13:22 - May 4 with 1422 viewsLohengrin

Local Elections results on 13:17 - May 4 by Ebo

My point being that Corbyn has resurrected the popularity Labour party, it was on its arse under that idiot Milliband.

Oddly enough Ed Miliband is the one politician my eldest girl has any real time for.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024