Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Life Expectancy coming down. 11:52 - Jan 17 with 2880 viewsHCMC

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/life-expectancy-falls-by-a-year-in-several-re

So we can assume the age of receiving the old age state pension will no longer rise?

All parties have felt the need and proposed to raise the age so this is not a politically motivated post.

Various reports in the last year or two have stated within the UK life expectancy is actually coming down.

Here is another.

https://www.ft.com/content/78146114-15f5-11e7-80f4-13e067d5072c
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 12:01]
Life Expectancy coming down. on 19:37 - Jan 17 with 2756 viewsperchrockjack

I d have thought many on here would be pleased given the contempt they have for older people

Maybe given the cost, older people should be culled as we re living too long

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Life Expectancy coming down. on 20:13 - Jan 17 with 2732 viewsPozuelosSideys

No chance. The main reason pensionable age is going up is because there are more and more people drawing from a pool which isnt expanding quickly enough - simply because people dont save enough. Youre supposed to save around 30% of salary throughout working age on average.. no hope of that for the majority.

Many, many pension schemes are in huge shortfalls too - Carillion being an apt case in point

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Life Expectancy coming down. on 21:44 - Jan 17 with 2670 viewsperchrockjack

In fairness ,main problem is getting kids to realise life just motors ahead quickly and before you know it ,you re old .

It's all very well living for today ...

Don't complain if you ve made no provision and frittered your money away

I d suggest doing what dr Winston has done and build a property portfolio

Life Expectancy coming down. on 21:48 - Jan 17 with 2657 viewslifelong

Life Expectancy coming down. on 21:44 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

In fairness ,main problem is getting kids to realise life just motors ahead quickly and before you know it ,you re old .

It's all very well living for today ...

Don't complain if you ve made no provision and frittered your money away

I d suggest doing what dr Winston has done and build a property portfolio

Many young people today are unable to get on the property ladder let alone build a property portfolio.
Life Expectancy coming down. on 21:50 - Jan 17 with 2651 viewsperchrockjack

And it was the same when we were young Roger.
Remember 18 per.cent mortgages

Yes you do ,I do.

It's never been easy

Life Expectancy coming down. on 21:53 - Jan 17 with 2644 viewsperchrockjack

Add to that ' a time when thrre was a three day week, unemployment higher and higher and 25 year low cost endowment mortgages that conned us all

Life Expectancy coming down. on 22:02 - Jan 17 with 2627 viewslifelong

Life Expectancy coming down. on 21:50 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

And it was the same when we were young Roger.
Remember 18 per.cent mortgages

Yes you do ,I do.

It's never been easy

There are more young people, up to their middle 30’s, living with their parents today than there ever has been.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/young-adults-live-parents-at-home
Life Expectancy coming down. on 22:04 - Jan 17 with 2621 viewsperchrockjack

Yes I know but it doesn't alter what we had Roger ,does it.

I'm not saying it's easier btw.

Biggest difference in our lifetime is treatment,care and cost of old people who are treated like shyte

Login to get fewer ads

Life Expectancy coming down. on 22:10 - Jan 17 with 2608 viewstrampie

The war generation must be turning in their graves at the yuppie generation they spawned, they voted for greed by voting for Thatcher and Blair, they paid themselves too much, retired too early, they gave themselves too many holidays, they sold off the countries housing stock, they sold off the countries nationalised industries, they were all drink and drugs, all free love, no morals, they turned away from religion.
They had free education and health, they had benefits and services but did not want to pay taxes and got rid of everything that made the country great at the alter of selfish greed, they have left other generations up the creek without a paddle.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Life Expectancy coming down. on 12:14 - Jan 18 with 2497 viewsjack_lord

Life Expectancy coming down. on 19:37 - Jan 17 by perchrockjack

I d have thought many on here would be pleased given the contempt they have for older people

Maybe given the cost, older people should be culled as we re living too long

I agree, currently I'm thinking 67 should be the age of culling but I will look at that age again in a few years time :)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024