Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exsuse my sexism 21:21 - Jan 2 with 10434 viewsHayesender

But surely I can't be the only one who can't stand all these women commentators?

They're all over ssn screeching, there's that woman talking shite on the channel 5 highlights show, and there's even that woman making the cricket seem even worse on bt sports ashes coverage.

The misses has told me to stop being a miserable old git

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Exsuse my sexism on 12:42 - Jan 3 with 2822 viewsMistication92

Exsuse my sexism on 22:22 - Jan 2 by flynnbo

I don't know. I think that Alison Mitchell's cricket commentary is excellent.

Agreed, I don't have any problems with any other women commentators either. Breaks up the monotony of the dull male commentators.
Exsuse my sexism on 13:03 - Jan 3 with 2774 viewsNW5Hoop

As long as Jonathan Pearce is in gainful employment, criticism of all other sports broadcasters is irrelevant.
Exsuse my sexism on 14:35 - Jan 3 with 2715 viewsJigsore

if Martin Tyler was a woman the 'Aguerooooo' moment would just be swept under the rug as "screeching" presumably

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Exsuse my sexism on 14:59 - Jan 3 with 2670 viewsBoston

Exsuse my sexism on 07:58 - Jan 3 by CamberleyR

Yep, filmed at LR like a few other BBC programmes have in the past when Television Centre was on the doorstep. Didn't you spot our awful plastic pitch?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 8:00]

You're a strange type of cove Cambers, fit young ladies running around bare chested and you're looking at the pitch!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Exsuse my sexism on 17:29 - Jan 3 with 2594 viewsMrSheen

Michelle Owen of Sky. A sweet, cheery milkmaid from the pages of Thomas Hardy, destined to be ruined by a heartless brute of a cavalry officer. Oh, for another goal from Yeovil!
Exsuse my sexism on 21:37 - Jan 3 with 2502 viewsCiderwithRsie

Exsuse my sexism on 08:44 - Jan 3 by daveB

I don't think there has been a very good female football commentator yet and after years of only hearing male voices do the sport it is going to be weird to hear a woman but am sure that we'll get a very good one eventually.

the women who did the Ashes on BT was pretty good

The female cricket commentators are not bad at all, I think that's partly because the BBC seems to have had a bit of a structure about it (they seem to start on county matches on R5SX then work their way onto limited overs before they get near TMS; some of the male commentators have gone that route too) but mainly because nearly all of them are ex-pro cricketers.

Don't think football has got that sussed yet.
Exsuse my sexism on 22:00 - Jan 3 with 2483 viewslondonscottish

Exsuse my sexism on 11:28 - Jan 3 by WrightUp5hit___

Agree with Boston, whether male or female, there are careerists who can absorb all the facts and figures but cannot evoke real enthusiasm for their subject matter and on the other hand people who genuinely love their subject and understand far more of the nuances involved and are able to pass that on in their reporting.

Please forgive me listening to Talksport on a weekend morning but I quite like Georgie Bingham.

To be fair the competition on TS on a weekend morning is not exactly great but I don't mind Georgie Binghgam.

I guess they all have acres of space to fill with fairly meaningless stuff but she does it better than some of the blokes eg Max Rushden & Barry Glendenning. Or the two Mikes.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Exsuse my sexism on 08:02 - Jan 4 with 2385 viewsWokingR

Exsuse my sexism on 17:29 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

Michelle Owen of Sky. A sweet, cheery milkmaid from the pages of Thomas Hardy, destined to be ruined by a heartless brute of a cavalry officer. Oh, for another goal from Yeovil!

It's not just me then
Login to get fewer ads

Exsuse my sexism on 10:42 - Jan 4 with 2296 viewsMick_S

Can't see it, myself.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Exsuse my sexism on 13:04 - Jan 4 with 2240 viewsWokingR

Exsuse my sexism on 10:42 - Jan 4 by Mick_S

Can't see it, myself.

You still would though
Exsuse my sexism on 13:09 - Jan 4 with 2233 viewsMick_S

I'd nod off.

Exsuse my sexism on 22:18 - Jan 4 with 2128 viewsdistortR

Exsuse my sexism on 13:04 - Jan 4 by WokingR

You still would though

Woking, you mustn't judge everyone on your own standards.
Exsuse my sexism on 22:32 - Jan 4 with 2110 viewsloftboy

I can’t stand them either, but I’m the same with women comedians, the voice just doesn’t sound right, as far as I’m concerned women’s football is a different sport altogether, they even have a woman “expert” giving punditry on the BBC Saturday scores show.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Exsuse my sexism on 08:09 - Jan 5 with 2016 viewsGloryHunter

I would prefer any screeching woman to the whingeing Alan Green.
Exsuse my sexism on 08:27 - Jan 5 with 2014 viewsWokingR

Exsuse my sexism on 22:18 - Jan 4 by distortR

Woking, you mustn't judge everyone on your own standards.

Sorry, you're obviously confusing me with someone else.

What standards ?
Exsuse my sexism on 09:49 - Jan 5 with 1985 viewsW7Ranger

Exsuse my sexism on 08:55 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

Bianca Westwood's good.

Yes she is...

And so are her leaked pics!!
Exsuse my sexism on 10:23 - Jan 5 with 1967 viewsMick_S

Exsuse my sexism on 09:49 - Jan 5 by W7Ranger

Yes she is...

And so are her leaked pics!!

What should I do Brian? One part of me would like a peek, the other part of me feels like I'm being unfaithful.

It's a conundrum.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 10:24]

Exsuse my sexism on 11:22 - Jan 5 with 1931 viewshubble

Nice conflation of Tess Durbeyfield and Bathsheba Everdene there Bela, and props for the Hardy reference*.

Anyway, as for the theme of this thread, I can't stand some of the screeching female commentators, but then I can't stand plenty of the male commentators either, starting with Guy Mowbray, through Jon Champion all the way to Martin MUFC Tyler...

*that is the first time I have ever used the term 'props' in its modern context. Apologies. I won't be doing it again.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024