Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of our owners 18:04 - Dec 17 with 17085 viewsDarran

http://footydeck.com/a/12NCz?via=tweet

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Some of our owners on 21:14 - Dec 17 with 2904 viewsTummer_from_Texas

One interesting name who is NOT on this long list of owners: Dan Katz - a/k/a Barstool Big Cat.

Katz was a guest on NBC's Men In Blazers last season claiming to be a part owner, and talks about it on Twitter all the time with his half million followers.

Dude is an obnoxious, embarrassing douchebag and it would be hilarious if he has been lying all this time about owning part of the Swans.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Some of our owners on 21:18 - Dec 17 with 2877 viewsFlashberryjack

Some of our owners on 21:03 - Dec 17 by Outsider

This is spot on - the Trust asleep (compromised) at the wheel - and Jenking/Dineed/Morgan et al cashing in. Not welcome in Swansea anymore.

Were they asleep or did they look the other way for some reason ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Some of our owners on 21:19 - Dec 17 with 2874 viewsQJumpingJack

Dan Katz - Swans owner:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1527180464028311&id=478544295558605&
Some of our owners on 21:27 - Dec 17 with 2840 viewsOutsider

Some of our owners on 21:18 - Dec 17 by Flashberryjack

Were they asleep or did they look the other way for some reason ?

Good question ... in my opinion the answer ranges from incompetence to far worse.
Some of our owners on 21:33 - Dec 17 with 2815 views3swan

Walesonline have picked up on it......well repeated it

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hollywood-actress-reve

The last line

Swansea City have been approached for comment.
Some of our owners on 21:35 - Dec 17 with 2801 viewsQJumpingJack

Kaling has 11.1m followers on Twitter.
I wonder what she thinks of our current league position?
Some of our owners on 21:37 - Dec 17 with 2786 viewsOldjack

Some of our owners on 21:35 - Dec 17 by QJumpingJack

Kaling has 11.1m followers on Twitter.
I wonder what she thinks of our current league position?

Ask her

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Some of our owners on 21:40 - Dec 17 with 2764 viewslondonlisa2001

Some of our owners on 21:14 - Dec 17 by Tummer_from_Texas

One interesting name who is NOT on this long list of owners: Dan Katz - a/k/a Barstool Big Cat.

Katz was a guest on NBC's Men In Blazers last season claiming to be a part owner, and talks about it on Twitter all the time with his half million followers.

Dude is an obnoxious, embarrassing douchebag and it would be hilarious if he has been lying all this time about owning part of the Swans.

As I said, it's largely a list of fund managers, who probably front a whole list of people that have invested in their fund...

It's turtles all the way down.
Login to get fewer ads

Some of our owners on 21:41 - Dec 17 with 2758 viewspencoedjack

My biggest surprise is that Swans fans are surprised that an American hedge fund are in it to make money .... Who is in the hedge fund is pretty irrelevant

Please tell me you are not that naive
Some of our owners on 21:43 - Dec 17 with 2746 viewsSwanjaxs

Some of our owners on 21:41 - Dec 17 by pencoedjack

My biggest surprise is that Swans fans are surprised that an American hedge fund are in it to make money .... Who is in the hedge fund is pretty irrelevant

Load of rubbish! You'll be telling us Farther Christmas isn't real next! 🙃

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Some of our owners on 21:43 - Dec 17 with 2746 views3swan

No not naive but what info are they being fed from the majority owners?

Any info may or may not be usable.

Let's not dismiss any bit of info
Some of our owners on 21:44 - Dec 17 with 2746 viewsJackfath

Correct fella.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Some of our owners on 21:46 - Dec 17 with 2728 viewslondonlisa2001

Some of our owners on 20:54 - Dec 17 by MoscowJack

From your experience, would you expect them to throw money at trying to keep us up (to protect their asset) or write it off a a bad investment and walk away?

I know that the sums involved will mean different things to different funds (ie larger funds will care less than the smaller ones) but I do wonder whether these fund managers and mini-stars could raise enough to save us this season.

I'd be surprised if they don't see it as a punt - if it works, great, if not, get as much back as possible and try something else.

The way most of these work, is that they invest in a range of high risk investments, and only need a few to come off before they make enough overall. Tax losses on the others protect the profits on the ones that make a stack.

To be honest, I'd find it hard to imagine a more depressing scenario than this sort of investor profile.
Some of our owners on 21:50 - Dec 17 with 2695 viewsQJumpingJack

Lisa - were the Trust aware of this set up/number of investors behind Steve and Jason?
Some of our owners on 22:00 - Dec 17 with 2653 viewsGaryjack

Some of our owners on 21:50 - Dec 17 by QJumpingJack

Lisa - were the Trust aware of this set up/number of investors behind Steve and Jason?

Of course they bloody weren't! Neither did the sell outs, but of course they didnt care either way! .........Obviously!
Some of our owners on 22:00 - Dec 17 with 2646 viewsPawelAbbott

What is interesting here is that these people hold a share of the club and that they are interested in making a profit from the club.
If we get relegated they won't see much return on their investment.
The trust still hold 21% of the club.
If the trust was to approach these guys directly and offer them a different approach to running it they could take the controlling share from Levein and co.
Propose to them that it is run how it used to be. Bring in quality, cheap players from Spain etc. No more expensive, poorly thought through flops. Get rid of Jenkins and bring in someone with contacts on the continent and a good scouting system.
They now have all the names to contact.
They want to make money, which is fine if money means success. The current plan is failing.
The trust have a large enough share to still do this.
Some of our owners on 22:02 - Dec 17 with 2635 viewsPozuelosSideys

Some of our owners on 21:46 - Dec 17 by londonlisa2001

I'd be surprised if they don't see it as a punt - if it works, great, if not, get as much back as possible and try something else.

The way most of these work, is that they invest in a range of high risk investments, and only need a few to come off before they make enough overall. Tax losses on the others protect the profits on the ones that make a stack.

To be honest, I'd find it hard to imagine a more depressing scenario than this sort of investor profile.

I can.

Think of us being relegated and then all of our saleable assets released. Then imagine the club is sold back to Jenkins et al at a knock down price. The "boys" have made their money and they have the club back as well. The cake is there and its been eaten.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Some of our owners on 22:05 - Dec 17 with 2621 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I guess if the club became more hassle than it was worth these types would seek to move on.

Cue the Trust.

Maybe some are on social media?

[Post edited 17 Dec 2017 22:10]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Some of our owners on 22:07 - Dec 17 with 2606 viewsGaryjack

Some of our owners on 22:00 - Dec 17 by PawelAbbott

What is interesting here is that these people hold a share of the club and that they are interested in making a profit from the club.
If we get relegated they won't see much return on their investment.
The trust still hold 21% of the club.
If the trust was to approach these guys directly and offer them a different approach to running it they could take the controlling share from Levein and co.
Propose to them that it is run how it used to be. Bring in quality, cheap players from Spain etc. No more expensive, poorly thought through flops. Get rid of Jenkins and bring in someone with contacts on the continent and a good scouting system.
They now have all the names to contact.
They want to make money, which is fine if money means success. The current plan is failing.
The trust have a large enough share to still do this.

You're not getting any of this are you?
Some of our owners on 22:17 - Dec 17 with 2546 viewspencoedjack

Some of our owners on 22:07 - Dec 17 by Garyjack

He’s off with the fairies in la la Land Gary

Fuk me are people really so naive
Some of our owners on 22:20 - Dec 17 with 2523 viewsGaryjack

Some of our owners on 22:17 - Dec 17 by pencoedjack

He’s off with the fairies in la la Land Gary

Fuk me are people really so naive

Some of our owners on 22:23 - Dec 17 with 2503 viewsPawelAbbott

Some of our owners on 22:07 - Dec 17 by Garyjack

Quite possibly not.
The trust holds 21.1%.
The consortium holds 68% split over 25 sub share holders.
The consortium is held together by Levein and Kaplan.
However, a consortium member does not have to remain in support of its key shareholers and can use their shareholding to back a different controlling stake in the club if they feel that is a better management of their investment.
Current management of the club is looking like losing their entire investment, possibly they would seek a better leadership of the investment than Levein and Kaplan are currently displaying.
The idea that they are or can asset strip has been discussed at length on here previously and the result is always that it is not legally possible as they can't take the money from the club except via dividends or sale of shares.
Relegation means almost entire loss of investment.
I probably am missing something though
Some of our owners on 22:23 - Dec 17 with 2503 viewsYossarian

Some of our owners on 19:02 - Dec 17 by londonlisa2001

So as I suspected and stated on here many times, the 'two' are just a front for a large group of people that fancied a plaything.

Not exactly the ownership structure that would lend itself to a sustained period of progression and investment.

Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan et al, should hang their heads in collective shame. Rather than sell a few percent to the Trust, or at the very least sell to people that may have a genuine interest in development of the club, they've ended up selling the club to a bunch of disintrested speculators.

Spot on Lisa. Mark 8:36.
Merry Xmas and a combative 2018.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Some of our owners on 22:35 - Dec 17 with 2449 viewsDarran

Some of our owners on 19:02 - Dec 17 by londonlisa2001

So as I suspected and stated on here many times, the 'two' are just a front for a large group of people that fancied a plaything.

Not exactly the ownership structure that would lend itself to a sustained period of progression and investment.

Jenkins, Dineen, Morgan et al, should hang their heads in collective shame. Rather than sell a few percent to the Trust, or at the very least sell to people that may have a genuine interest in development of the club, they've ended up selling the club to a bunch of disintrested speculators.

I’m not being a clever twát here Lis but how could they have sold a few percent to the Trust if the Trust didn’t have the money to buy?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Some of our owners on 22:39 - Dec 17 with 2421 viewslondonlisa2001

Some of our owners on 22:35 - Dec 17 by Darran

I’m not being a clever twát here Lis but how could they have sold a few percent to the Trust if the Trust didn’t have the money to buy?

Wouldn't have been the first time shares were sold undervalue (Nurse), or people were given plenty of time to find the money...

You can sell your shares for what you want Darran. They'd have made less of course. Possibly a lot less. But they could have also held on and worked with the Trust to find someone that valued being different and working with fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024