Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all our new American fans 11:29 - Oct 4 with 12868 viewsDafyddHuw

There's a few points that you need to be aware of -

1. It's not soccer, it's football

2. All Americans are yanks, whatever part of the US you live.

3. The hostility to our new owners - these yanks couldn't care less about Swansea, they couldn't even care less about football. They only care about profit. And every penny that the slimeballs pocket is a penny less that could have been spent on strengthening the team. And although they've bought the club they've not invested a penny in the club.

4. The hostility towards Bucket Bob - we've got a manager that would never even have been on any other club's radar. If he wasn't a yank he would never have been considered here either. He may work out, but we don't know that yet. What we do know is that many excellent European managers have been ignored/excluded from any shortlist simply because they weren't american enough.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can stick your old glory up your arse (sorry, ass).
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:36]
To all our new American fans on 14:44 - Oct 4 with 1699 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 14:42 - Oct 4 by union_jack

Or Jackfath / Gaz_m / Murph75?

Didn't look, but were they posted in 'recess' time?

I don't find the need to hide behind a pseudonym.
To all our new American fans on 15:14 - Oct 4 with 1656 viewsGowerjack

To all our new American fans on 14:44 - Oct 4 by Murph75

I don't find the need to hide behind a pseudonym.

Are you sure about that?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

To all our new American fans on 15:16 - Oct 4 with 1648 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 15:14 - Oct 4 by Gowerjack

Are you sure about that?

Yeah - he was actually christened Murph75 don't you know.
To all our new American fans on 15:20 - Oct 4 with 1632 viewsGowerjack

To all our new American fans on 15:16 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

My thoughts exactly Lisa.

Plastic since 1974

To all our new American fans on 15:20 - Oct 4 with 1631 viewsunion_jack

I've heard worse I suppose!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

To all our new American fans on 15:20 - Oct 4 with 1631 viewsgreggk

1. F-off, we will call it whatever the hell we want to. Tw@t.

2. Fine. But you are a bunch of lime sucking, xenophobic, dead empire, queens penis sucking baststards.

3. Ahh yeah, lets make a million and buy a provincial Welsh club! That will make us rich!

4. Fair enough, but lets face it, your biggest problem is he is an American.

As far as I am concerned, the Welsh are jealous of the Americans because we had the bravery to be free.
But go ahead and bow to to her majesty.
To all our new American fans on 15:21 - Oct 4 with 1625 viewsunion_jack

To all our new American fans on 15:20 - Oct 4 by greggk

2. Fine. But you are a bunch of lime sucking, xenophobic, dead empire, queens penis sucking baststards.

3. Ahh yeah, lets make a million and buy a provincial Welsh club! That will make us rich!

As far as I am concerned, the Welsh are jealous of the Americans because we had the bravery to be free.

Trampie!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

To all our new American fans on 15:22 - Oct 4 with 1614 viewsGowerjack

What are your views on Mr Trump?

Plastic since 1974

Login to get fewer ads

To all our new American fans on 15:25 - Oct 4 with 1596 viewsUxbridge

To all our new American fans on 14:02 - Oct 4 by nierika

Here's how a meeting with the supporters trust would have went:

Owners: Hey the team is playing like sh1t, we're already in a relegation battle, the team has no consistent identity week to week and players are disrespecting the manager when being subbed off. We're going to replace him with Bob Bradley.

Trust: No!

Owners: Well, we own the team so we're going to do it anyway.

You're assuming a meeting happened. It didn't.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

To all our new American fans on 15:27 - Oct 4 with 1583 viewsLord_Bony

You're another new one today...we ve had so many..(is it you Bob?)....welcome to Planet Swans.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

To all our new American fans on 15:27 - Oct 4 with 1581 viewsjack247

This could be an absolute PR disaster for these soppy tw@ts. One of the first things American fans are going to do is come on here or scfc2 and think we are a bunch of insular xenophobes. If having their country ridiculed every other thread isn't enough to put them off for good, I don't know what would be.

Bob better hit the ground running, it's not going to get any better unless we are picking up points
To all our new American fans on 15:27 - Oct 4 with 1580 viewsgreggk

To all our new American fans on 15:22 - Oct 4 by Gowerjack

What are your views on Mr Trump?

I hate him. Same as Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson.
To all our new American fans on 15:31 - Oct 4 with 1554 viewsjack247

4. Our biggest problem is his 30+ year mediocre career
To all our new American fans on 15:32 - Oct 4 with 1540 viewsgreggk

To all our new American fans on 15:27 - Oct 4 by Lord_Bony

You're another new one today...we ve had so many..(is it you Bob?)....welcome to Planet Swans.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I am an American and a Celtic supporter. I have no plans of every supporting the Swans.

However I follow our national team very closely and wanted to see what the views on Bob were. To be honest, it seems like most of you don't like him because he is a Yank, not because of his coaching. From an American perspective, he would drive me crazy because of how conservative his style was. However, he did get the boys playing well above their abilities. We won our group in the 2010 world cup (with england in it).

Bob won't win you the league, but that wasn't going to happen anyway. But he will keep you about mid table and may surprise you with better.

Good luck.
To all our new American fans on 15:35 - Oct 4 with 1522 viewsmonmouth

To all our new American fans on 15:21 - Oct 4 by union_jack

Trampie!!

Trumpie!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

To all our new American fans on 15:37 - Oct 4 with 1394 viewsjack247

To all our new American fans on 15:32 - Oct 4 by greggk

I am an American and a Celtic supporter. I have no plans of every supporting the Swans.

However I follow our national team very closely and wanted to see what the views on Bob were. To be honest, it seems like most of you don't like him because he is a Yank, not because of his coaching. From an American perspective, he would drive me crazy because of how conservative his style was. However, he did get the boys playing well above their abilities. We won our group in the 2010 world cup (with england in it).

Bob won't win you the league, but that wasn't going to happen anyway. But he will keep you about mid table and may surprise you with better.

Good luck.

Bob is a pawn in all of this. The real vitriol is for our board, past and present, for allowing this whole situation (the takeover, the shutting out of the trust, the abysmal transfer window, Bob, whatever is next...), to happen.

If I was in his shoes, I'd have done it too
To all our new American fans on 15:41 - Oct 4 with 1381 viewsvetchonian

To all our new American fans on 15:32 - Oct 4 by greggk

Good luck.

The issue of his nationality is only due to the fact those who employed him have done so because they are of the same nationality.

Our gripe is his relvent experience and past history and ability to do this job at this level.

Had he been European, South American or form Mars he would not have been considered suitably "qualified" for interview due to the level he has managed at.....albeit a spell at international level whihc is so diferent to working at a club level...ask the likes of Coleman

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

To all our new American fans on 15:57 - Oct 4 with 1343 viewsONENATIONUNDERGOD

Hell Yeah!!

Gun control? Is that when you shoot with two hands??!

To all our new American fans on 15:58 - Oct 4 with 1341 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 15:14 - Oct 4 by Gowerjack

Are you sure about that?

It's pretty evident I'm more than happy to share my views under the same username.

Plus I'm very lazy and couldn't be arsed registering again.
To all our new American fans on 16:01 - Oct 4 with 1323 viewsMurph75

Not bad Lisa.
To all our new American fans on 16:04 - Oct 4 with 1318 viewsDafyddHuw

Ignoring your ridiculous language for points 1 &2, answer me this, Donald

3. Explain why the yanks bought our club then if not for their profit.

4. We don't have a problem because he's American, we have a problem because he has no experience of the Prem or any other European 1st division. Our wonderful new owners wouldn't have looked at him twice if he had the same lack of experience but wasn't American. And he keeps saying he's on a par with Klopp and Guardiola, but he's 57ish and his best league management is French Div 2. Ffs.

Over to you.
To all our new American fans on 16:30 - Oct 4 with 1262 viewsstAteSwan

1. It is indeed, but the word soccer was first coined in England, so its their fault and not ours.

2. Which is an interesting view. In America, Yanks is considered a putdown for someone from the North.part of the country. We use Yankee, but same thing.

3. Been following the club since 2010. You don't have to explain to me Welsh feelings on the new owners. I know the history, and have seen Jack to a King. I'm as angry as you about the so called transfer dealings of the club last summer.

4. To be fair to Bradley, he's been on the short list for fore than a few Premier League Jobs. Hull was the last to take a look at him.

Did the new owners force this hire? Who knows. The few reputable Journalists we have in the states have said that Huw Jenkins was the one who turned down a couple of the European coaches immediately, and made a final decision based on Bradley vs Gigs. They could be completely getting this story fed to them from Kaplan and Levien, but we can't say that for sure.

We've got enough problems over here (See Race Riots/2016 Election of Idiots...err President) to show too much national; pride right now. The reasonable of us are acutely aware that the rest of the world is laughing at us right now.
To all our new American fans on 17:26 - Oct 4 with 1188 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

To all our new American fans on 16:30 - Oct 4 by stAteSwan

1. It is indeed, but the word soccer was first coined in England, so its their fault and not ours.

2. Which is an interesting view. In America, Yanks is considered a putdown for someone from the North.part of the country. We use Yankee, but same thing.

3. Been following the club since 2010. You don't have to explain to me Welsh feelings on the new owners. I know the history, and have seen Jack to a King. I'm as angry as you about the so called transfer dealings of the club last summer.

4. To be fair to Bradley, he's been on the short list for fore than a few Premier League Jobs. Hull was the last to take a look at him.

Did the new owners force this hire? Who knows. The few reputable Journalists we have in the states have said that Huw Jenkins was the one who turned down a couple of the European coaches immediately, and made a final decision based on Bradley vs Gigs. They could be completely getting this story fed to them from Kaplan and Levien, but we can't say that for sure.

We've got enough problems over here (See Race Riots/2016 Election of Idiots...err President) to show too much national; pride right now. The reasonable of us are acutely aware that the rest of the world is laughing at us right now.

I laughed out loud at number 3, fair play!
To all our new American fans on 17:36 - Oct 4 with 1165 viewsgreggk

To all our new American fans on 16:04 - Oct 4 by DafyddHuw

Ignoring your ridiculous language for points 1 &2, answer me this, Donald

3. Explain why the yanks bought our club then if not for their profit.

4. We don't have a problem because he's American, we have a problem because he has no experience of the Prem or any other European 1st division. Our wonderful new owners wouldn't have looked at him twice if he had the same lack of experience but wasn't American. And he keeps saying he's on a par with Klopp and Guardiola, but he's 57ish and his best league management is French Div 2. Ffs.

Over to you.

Awww you think I am a Trump supporter don't you. I am not. I am a staunch liberal and a proud american. And let me remind you, you guys actually voted for a policy just as stupid and silly as anything to come out of Donald's mouth. On this day, Trump is WAY behind in the polls. We are not so easily swayed by stupidity I guess.

3. I think they bought it because they love Soccer and want to have a team in one of the biggest leagues in the world. Swansea has zero chance of getting any traction in the states. It won't happen unless you guys sign a guy like Christian Pulisic, which you can't afford. I honestly believe they love the game and jumped at the chance to own a historic club like yours. They obviously don't want to lose money and the fact is and the only way you they are going to do that is with success on the field. If you guys go down it is a disaster of an investment.

4. You are not wrong about it other than he was the manager of a very fine USA team. On club level sure, he is lacking, but sometimes a gamble. There is a tendency I have seen in English sports to never take chances with managers and stay conservative. There is a tendency in American sports to give an outsider a chance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but maybe you guys should give the guy a chance first.
To all our new American fans on 17:43 - Oct 4 with 1152 viewsGowerjack

To all our new American fans on 17:36 - Oct 4 by greggk

Awww you think I am a Trump supporter don't you. I am not. I am a staunch liberal and a proud american. And let me remind you, you guys actually voted for a policy just as stupid and silly as anything to come out of Donald's mouth. On this day, Trump is WAY behind in the polls. We are not so easily swayed by stupidity I guess.

3. I think they bought it because they love Soccer and want to have a team in one of the biggest leagues in the world. Swansea has zero chance of getting any traction in the states. It won't happen unless you guys sign a guy like Christian Pulisic, which you can't afford. I honestly believe they love the game and jumped at the chance to own a historic club like yours. They obviously don't want to lose money and the fact is and the only way you they are going to do that is with success on the field. If you guys go down it is a disaster of an investment.

4. You are not wrong about it other than he was the manager of a very fine USA team. On club level sure, he is lacking, but sometimes a gamble. There is a tendency I have seen in English sports to never take chances with managers and stay conservative. There is a tendency in American sports to give an outsider a chance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but maybe you guys should give the guy a chance first.

Fair play lads I'd already asked the Trump question and our new friend passed with flying colours.

#maga

Plastic since 1974

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024