Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelski moving 18:35 - May 11 with 25295 viewsHollowayRanger

The Blues want to relocate to Wembley for three years and a £20m-a-year deal has reportedly been agreed.But they have also held talks with the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) about a temporary move to the Olympic Stadium, which will become West Ham's home from next season.It would mean West Ham receiving a significant discount on their £2.5m-a-year rent for the 60,000-seater stadium.

Chelsea are also understood to be considering a switch to Twickenham

Remind me how much are wet spam paying per season?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Chelski moving on 10:30 - May 13 with 1992 viewsKonk

Chelski moving on 10:21 - May 13 by kensalriser

This seems standard practice for a fridge, to be honest, making stuff cold. I mean, that's what they do. Are you're sure you're not overselling it a tad? Perhaps you had an old gas-powered fridge previously. Everything's relative after all.

No, this fridge is fu cking brilliant. It keeps veg fresh far longer than you have any right to expect and it chills beers and white wine like something from a dream. I wouldn’t die for this fridge, but I’d certainly fight anyone who was stupid enough to slag it off when I’d had a few drinks. And I’m not the fighting type. It’s become more of a friend than a fridge. I fu cking love it.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Chelski moving on 10:34 - May 13 with 1980 viewsTHEBUSH

Chelski moving on 15:05 - May 12 by Maggsinho

Budgen's is going to become a Co-Op so we're waiting with baited breath if it's going to remain poncy.

In my day's as a carpenter, I once built some fitted shelves in a Budgen's.

Later, sad to say, I heard they had to be reinforced, as they were straining under the weight imposed on them ?

Probably not one of my finest achievements
Chelski moving on 10:42 - May 13 with 1972 viewsLongsufferingR

Chelski moving on 10:34 - May 13 by THEBUSH

In my day's as a carpenter, I once built some fitted shelves in a Budgen's.

Later, sad to say, I heard they had to be reinforced, as they were straining under the weight imposed on them ?

Probably not one of my finest achievements

At my parents' house, they have an MFI cabinet/shelving set that was purchased shortly after they bought the house in 1977. They used the shelves to house a full set of Encyclopedia Britannica, which have never been used, but did cause the shelves to bow quite substantially and alarmingly.

We're now approaching the 40th anniversary of the shelves, and they are still holding, although they would be more useful as a Hot Wheels track than as shelves.
Chelski moving on 10:50 - May 13 with 1950 viewsFDC

Chelski moving on 10:30 - May 13 by Konk

No, this fridge is fu cking brilliant. It keeps veg fresh far longer than you have any right to expect and it chills beers and white wine like something from a dream. I wouldn’t die for this fridge, but I’d certainly fight anyone who was stupid enough to slag it off when I’d had a few drinks. And I’m not the fighting type. It’s become more of a friend than a fridge. I fu cking love it.

No greater love than that of a man for his functional fridge.

My fridge is ok. If anything a bit below standard, but it's functional.

My over is pretty good though. Not great, but good.

Cheers.
Chelski moving on 10:54 - May 13 with 1942 viewsKonk

Chelski moving on 10:42 - May 13 by LongsufferingR

At my parents' house, they have an MFI cabinet/shelving set that was purchased shortly after they bought the house in 1977. They used the shelves to house a full set of Encyclopedia Britannica, which have never been used, but did cause the shelves to bow quite substantially and alarmingly.

We're now approaching the 40th anniversary of the shelves, and they are still holding, although they would be more useful as a Hot Wheels track than as shelves.

Have they considered flipping the shelves over?

Chelski moving on 11:00 - May 13 with 1934 viewsLongsufferingR

Chelski moving on 10:54 - May 13 by Konk

I'm not sure they've considered anything that goes on in that house at all to be honest. If you did flip them over, the volumes that didn't slip towards the edges wouldn't fit in the remaining gap between the upturned shelf and the top of the cabinet, so it's a tricky one.

I'll bring it up next time I go round there as it will provide a far more interesting topic of discussion than anything I've previously experienced there.
Chelski moving on 11:07 - May 13 with 1923 viewsTHEBUSH

Chelski moving on 10:54 - May 13 by Konk

From my sad experience, it's probably better to double up on the thickness of the said MFI shelves.
This would obviously destroy the aesthetic appearance of the 40 year old MFI shelves, but it's seems like a more practical solution
Chelski moving on 11:32 - May 13 with 1885 viewsPhildo

Chelski moving on 11:07 - May 13 by THEBUSH

From my sad experience, it's probably better to double up on the thickness of the said MFI shelves.
This would obviously destroy the aesthetic appearance of the 40 year old MFI shelves, but it's seems like a more practical solution

Not practical at all -MFI have been closed for years.

Speaking of which those IKEA Billy bookcases do like to fall apart after a year or so don't they?
Login to get fewer ads

Chelski moving on 11:44 - May 13 with 1869 viewsMick_S

G-Plan. The daddy of all shelves. Held my encyclopedias safely (and horizontally) for over 30 years.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Chelski moving on 12:16 - May 13 with 1842 viewsPommyhoop

This old gadget is similar to the system me and my dad listened to the Wolves Liverpool match 1976 on.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Chelski moving on 12:18 - May 13 with 1836 viewsKonk

Chelski moving on 11:00 - May 13 by LongsufferingR

I'm not sure they've considered anything that goes on in that house at all to be honest. If you did flip them over, the volumes that didn't slip towards the edges wouldn't fit in the remaining gap between the upturned shelf and the top of the cabinet, so it's a tricky one.

I'll bring it up next time I go round there as it will provide a far more interesting topic of discussion than anything I've previously experienced there.

Have they thought about floating shelves? When we moved into our new flat, we couldn’t afford to get a chippy to fit floating shelves in our alcoves, so I took the job on myself. A mate had just returned from travelling, was stopping with us and had nothing better to do, so with some instructions garnered from the internet, we set about making our own. It took a lot longer than expected, mainly because we’d start at 10am, pop to the pub at noon and that would be it for the day. But after about six days, with a further day for painting, they were in place, and eight years on, there’s been none of the bowing or 3am collapses that were gleefully predicted by the doubters. And me and my mate are sh it at DIY. If you’d spent a couple of grand on them, you’d be underwhelmed, but as it is, I’m rather proud of them. Drilling, sawing, gluing, travelling home from Travis Perkins on the bus with big old sheets of board, a lot of standing on a set of steps with a spirit level and tape measure…the whole shebang. I was wandering round with a pencil behind my ear, for fuc k’s sake. In fact, other than fathering my son and becoming the youngest sixer in the district as a Cub, they’re probably my greatest achievement in life. I’ll be sad to say goodbye when we move.

Mick S - that's a beautiful unit, you've got there. You should be very proud.

Chelski moving on 12:29 - May 13 with 1821 viewsMonkey_Roots

I have just been diagnosed with Crohn's disease 5 years after putting up some floating shelves of my own.

Coincidence?
Chelski moving on 12:30 - May 13 with 1819 viewsMick_S

Chelski moving on 12:18 - May 13 by Konk

Have they thought about floating shelves? When we moved into our new flat, we couldn’t afford to get a chippy to fit floating shelves in our alcoves, so I took the job on myself. A mate had just returned from travelling, was stopping with us and had nothing better to do, so with some instructions garnered from the internet, we set about making our own. It took a lot longer than expected, mainly because we’d start at 10am, pop to the pub at noon and that would be it for the day. But after about six days, with a further day for painting, they were in place, and eight years on, there’s been none of the bowing or 3am collapses that were gleefully predicted by the doubters. And me and my mate are sh it at DIY. If you’d spent a couple of grand on them, you’d be underwhelmed, but as it is, I’m rather proud of them. Drilling, sawing, gluing, travelling home from Travis Perkins on the bus with big old sheets of board, a lot of standing on a set of steps with a spirit level and tape measure…the whole shebang. I was wandering round with a pencil behind my ear, for fuc k’s sake. In fact, other than fathering my son and becoming the youngest sixer in the district as a Cub, they’re probably my greatest achievement in life. I’ll be sad to say goodbye when we move.

Mick S - that's a beautiful unit, you've got there. You should be very proud.

Thanks mate - wait until Bri reads about those shelves - that's a deal clincher if you ask me.

Chelski moving on 12:33 - May 13 with 1807 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chelski moving on 09:38 - May 13 by Konk

It can be. We inherited it from the previous owner - it's Miele and everything. Honestly, you put twenty beers in the drawers which are intended for meat, fish and veg, and within no time at all, they're lovely and cold. Genius. The freezer, however, is a bit sh it and one of the draw fronts is knackered, so you have to go easy with it. Requires regular defrosting as well. Have a think about it and let me know before we exchange.

As luck would have it, Konk my man, I'm in London this weekend so I can pop over and have a look at the fridge.

I'll take the house at £700k. No need to involve the bank is there? I'll just pay you direct. Let's say £800 a month? Cash, naturally.

Keep the duvitts. no such thing as a good stain.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chelski moving on 12:35 - May 13 with 1802 viewsKonk

Chelski moving on 12:29 - May 13 by Monkey_Roots

I have just been diagnosed with Crohn's disease 5 years after putting up some floating shelves of my own.

Coincidence?

I'm very sorry to hear that, mate. If it's any consolation, my old boss has Crohn's and I'm fairly certain she'd be the last person to attempt floating shelves. So, it's probably unrelated.

Chelski moving on 12:40 - May 13 with 1788 viewshopphoops

I highly recommend invisible shelves from Dutch design firm Umbra. They're entirely staffed by female graphic design PHD types, and their ability to get stuff out of the warehouse to your address is minimal, but when you ring up to check on progress you're guaranteed a lovely chat with a husky voiced minx called Anneke or Lotte.

[Post edited 13 May 2016 12:40]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Chelski moving on 12:44 - May 13 with 1778 viewsLongsufferingR

Chelski moving on 12:40 - May 13 by hopphoops

I highly recommend invisible shelves from Dutch design firm Umbra. They're entirely staffed by female graphic design PHD types, and their ability to get stuff out of the warehouse to your address is minimal, but when you ring up to check on progress you're guaranteed a lovely chat with a husky voiced minx called Anneke or Lotte.

[Post edited 13 May 2016 12:40]

The finished article looks too creepy for me I'm afraid. I can only imagine the reaction of the kids when they wake up in the middle of the night and are faced with their Star Wars annuals floating half way up the wall.

I might give Anneke a call to discuss it though.
Chelski moving on 12:46 - May 13 with 1769 viewsMonkey_Roots

Chelski moving on 12:35 - May 13 by Konk

I'm very sorry to hear that, mate. If it's any consolation, my old boss has Crohn's and I'm fairly certain she'd be the last person to attempt floating shelves. So, it's probably unrelated.

I keep looking at them and shaking my fist... initially I went mental and started trying to rip them off the wall, but alas, i'd done such a solid job — and they were from NEXT - so they wouldn't budge. But hey, if you're a doctor, and i'm assuming you are — and you think its unrelated, then i'll leave them alone.

To be honest its good timing — I think the under stairs cupboard has given me ankylosing spondylitis. Fighting 2 wars against the shelves and the cupboard would have left me vulnerable to an attack... which will most probably come from the spice rack — she keeps making comments about the Crohns trying to wind me up.
Chelski moving on 12:47 - May 13 with 1762 viewsPommyhoop

Anneke relaxing between jobs.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Chelski moving on 12:48 - May 13 with 1760 viewsKonk

Chelski moving on 12:33 - May 13 by BrianMcCarthy

As luck would have it, Konk my man, I'm in London this weekend so I can pop over and have a look at the fridge.

I'll take the house at £700k. No need to involve the bank is there? I'll just pay you direct. Let's say £800 a month? Cash, naturally.

Keep the duvitts. no such thing as a good stain.

Good man, Bri. Although I ought to point out that it's actually a maisonette and not a whole actual house. A quick look on Rightmove tells me it's yours for a lot less than £700K - we can discuss exactly how much when you come round to look at the F/F.

On the stain front - I couldn't agree more. I had a few Dutch mates staying with us years ago, woke up to a lot of Dutch shouting at about 3am, went into my front room and one of the lads says, "Tell him what you did, Pim!", to which Pim replied, "I did a pis s on the blanket (duvet)". There was no saving it - it had to go in the wheelie bin. In the middle of the night. Good knows what the neighbours thought - a lot of Dutch shouting, doors opening, a duvet being stuffed into the bin by a man in his pants etc. In his defence we'd carried on plying him with drink when he was already extraordinarily drunk and he did have the good grace to look suitably embarrassed.

Chelski moving on 12:57 - May 13 with 1784 viewsKonk

Chelski moving on 12:46 - May 13 by Monkey_Roots

I keep looking at them and shaking my fist... initially I went mental and started trying to rip them off the wall, but alas, i'd done such a solid job — and they were from NEXT - so they wouldn't budge. But hey, if you're a doctor, and i'm assuming you are — and you think its unrelated, then i'll leave them alone.

To be honest its good timing — I think the under stairs cupboard has given me ankylosing spondylitis. Fighting 2 wars against the shelves and the cupboard would have left me vulnerable to an attack... which will most probably come from the spice rack — she keeps making comments about the Crohns trying to wind me up.

You need to pick your battles. I’m not an official doctor in the sense that I haven’t studied medicine, but I’ve picked-up quite a lot over the years watching Holby City, ER etc. To be clear, mine weren’t made shelves that you simply fix to the wall, we screwed batons into the wall, glued struts(?) to the batons, screwed the board to the batons using my new power drill, glued strips of board for the fascia, filled the screw recesses, filled them, sanded them down and then painted the bas tards. And I did most of it in my pants cos it was boiling hot that week.

Chelski moving on 13:02 - May 13 with 1766 viewsLongsufferingR

Chelski moving on 12:57 - May 13 by Konk

You need to pick your battles. I’m not an official doctor in the sense that I haven’t studied medicine, but I’ve picked-up quite a lot over the years watching Holby City, ER etc. To be clear, mine weren’t made shelves that you simply fix to the wall, we screwed batons into the wall, glued struts(?) to the batons, screwed the board to the batons using my new power drill, glued strips of board for the fascia, filled the screw recesses, filled them, sanded them down and then painted the bas tards. And I did most of it in my pants cos it was boiling hot that week.

Wouldn't there have been more room on the wall rather than in your pants?
Chelski moving on 13:03 - May 13 with 1762 viewsMick_S

Chelski moving on 12:57 - May 13 by Konk

Konk - are you flippin' mad?

Chelski moving on 13:10 - May 13 with 1743 viewshopphoops

Chelski moving on 13:03 - May 13 by Mick_S

Konk - are you flippin' mad?

He's left blobs of No More Nails on the wall and his daughter's leant on them and now she's stuck there for good.

No such thing as a perfect new product.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Chelski moving on 13:10 - May 13 with 1741 viewsR_from_afar

Chelski moving on 21:43 - May 12 by YorkRanger

The Cherry Blossom tree in my front garden is in bloom. Generally this only lasts for about 3 weeks and that does disappoint me.

I am envious. I planted a crab apple tree years ago but it has never flowered. I feel cheated and will probably take the resultant bitterness with me to the grave.

In other news, I am worried that I am becoming subversive because I occasionally put spoons in the knife section of the cutlery drawer. Only when no one is looking, mind, but I do worry that it is only a short hop from there to storming the House of Commons, flaming torch in hand, like Bracknell's answer to Giuseppe Garibaldi.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024