Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere 01:39 - Jan 2 with 11920 viewsFredManRave

The atmosphere, or lack there of, certainly came through "loud and clear" on the stream of BEIN that I watched. The occasional "Faurlin" and, er, nothing else. I've no idea if it's just a general malaise that's running through the fans that go to games at the moment and it's been a long time since I was regularly going to games but even back then, in the "Real" shite that we were going through of the late 90's I'm sure we used to get behind the players alot more.

"Johnny Hollins/Gerry Francis Blue and White Army" ringing around the ground for 10, 15, 20 minutes without a break and in general alot more vocal backing and singing in support of the team. I've no idea if the current state of the atmosphere is as a result of the last 5 years of "football" that is taking its toll on the fans but it's not like I remember it. And unfortunately I don't know how/if it can get back to like it was. Such a shame as ironically the players and manager need it more than ever at the moment.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Atmosphere on 18:26 - Jan 2 with 3371 viewsTacticalR

Atmosphere on 17:45 - Jan 2 by paulparker

I thought it was a good crowd considering, that said the board missed a trick big time yesterday
They should have offered at least 2 free pints before the game like Leicester have done
It didn't take a genius to work out that a New Year's Day game against a team that would bring about 200 fans would be a dead rubber, get the fans up for it, a couple of pints would have had least got a few people going
Also the way we play isn't very inspiring we ain't very high tempo , especially leaving polter up top on his own , if we had got at Hull from the off then it may have been different

Opium would be better.

Air hostess clique

Atmosphere on 19:11 - Jan 2 with 3314 views08olesen

Went on Monday and that atmosphere was really bad. Lots people around me giving far too much abuse to Fer than he needed. If the end result is that you want the guy to know he is a c*unt, then carry on. However if you want the Rs to do better i really suggest we change. It is clear since the booing started under Ramsey that it has not done the team any good, as we are sitting in 15th odd.

I think the fact that Hoilet hasn't been booed for a while has really helped his game no end. Why can't we do the same thing for the others.

We could argue if its the players who should get the fans going, or the other way round all we want, but the point is, we could quite easily be in League 1 this time next year, so i suggest we try and back the team and improve the atmosphere otherwise its us who will suffer not Leroy Fer and Karl Henry

Poll: Who will the other play off

Atmosphere on 21:19 - Jan 2 with 3218 viewsDevonWhite

I've been away for a month so this was the first game I've been to since November and the atmosphere was disgusting for the most part, at least around me in R block. It's really disheartening to see how entitled a large proportion of our fanbase seems to have become. Sarcastically cheering when Henry is replaced, slating Polter, singing Warnock's name. One bloke near me got up and screamed "you're fcking SHIT Polter" right in his face when he was a few yards away. Clearly he heard it. How the fck is that going to help things? It's embarrassing to be a QPR fan at the moment.

I really don't know what people expect. Ramsey was hounded out and guess what, we're still sh!t. This was always going to be a difficult season whoever was in charge, be it Ramsey, Clement, Warnock, JFH. Can we not just accept that and try and get behind the team? Particularly with players like Polter who clearly give a sh!t and want to do well.

It feels like as a fanbase we're getting the team/performances we deserve at the moment.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 21:19]
Atmosphere on 21:33 - Jan 2 with 3202 viewsLythamR

"I believe there is more than football causing the angst and consider the rapid changes in society to have left many a little unsure / angry / out of sorts etc etc with the world"

I dont think rapid changes is society can be blamed although there may be an argument for this generally however how does that explain the QPR support compared to others

Look at Crystal Palace, their support in terms of volume and positivity has grown considerably over the last 6 years or so even before the last 2 seasons , look at Watford, Look at Brentford, frankly they all put us to shame

We are rubbish and almost never sustain a song, even 5 years ago would would go away and sing constantly for large chunks of games regardless of if we were winning or losing, now that atmosphere is toxic or at best, flat
Atmosphere on 22:15 - Jan 2 with 3155 viewsRangersw12

Atmosphere on 21:33 - Jan 2 by LythamR

"I believe there is more than football causing the angst and consider the rapid changes in society to have left many a little unsure / angry / out of sorts etc etc with the world"

I dont think rapid changes is society can be blamed although there may be an argument for this generally however how does that explain the QPR support compared to others

Look at Crystal Palace, their support in terms of volume and positivity has grown considerably over the last 6 years or so even before the last 2 seasons , look at Watford, Look at Brentford, frankly they all put us to shame

We are rubbish and almost never sustain a song, even 5 years ago would would go away and sing constantly for large chunks of games regardless of if we were winning or losing, now that atmosphere is toxic or at best, flat

Atmosphere is like it was in the first few years after relegation in the mid 90's

Fans seem to think we should be turning up and beating everyone regardless and when we obviously fail to do that the atmosphere gets toxic
Atmosphere on 00:15 - Jan 3 with 3082 viewsBoston

....toxic because we're watching hazmat?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Atmosphere on 09:40 - Jan 3 with 3012 viewsisawqpratwcity

Atmosphere on 16:45 - Jan 2 by themodfather

for the first time since dec 99 i choose not to attend a home game, this team is lost, i fear ferdinand is causing grief behind the scenes .....we have no leader,little formation, poxy goalie, mute support and we could be sacking mangers weekly again....sick of it

I understand your frustration and sympathise but, genuine question, why do you call Ferdinand out like that? I can't see any motive/benefit for him by the team performing badly.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Atmosphere on 11:16 - Jan 3 with 2938 views18StoneOfHoop

Where is Tommy Collins when you need him?

As for me..thrown out of Q & R blocks by stewards and fans a couple of seasons back...
Simon or a mate was gonna do me for drunkenly shout opining "Might as well watch Brentford.." when we were shat on by Luis Suarez HQ 0-3 half-time v Liverpool last game of 2012..v v v bad vibes..the next game SWP scored and didn't celebrate..

..and no I didn't enjoy or know or speak to the company much..

One man Lone Ranger past it 50 year old fat pisshead barmy army here.
What with my lumbago and narcolepsy I thought I'd be serving out a mainly silent drooling retirement by now..wake me up when it's full time.

I'm at the very back of Mu Row S 157,
I'm six pints and a double ready for a sing-song most matches.
Only positive vibes.
(see Donald Sutherland Oddball in Kelly's Heroes)
No harshing my rowdy mellow,man

Come and join me.

Will be mostly premiering
"This old man played one,he played nick-nack on my thumb...(10 verses deep)
on Saturday 23rd January v the Wolves.
I couldl be the new gingerless LR HQ Gareth Malone minus the mustard troos:

Sing your hearts out for the lads..
When the footie gets crap,that's when the tough get singing..
SUPPORT YOUR TEAM WHEN THEY ARE SPIT!

Also a future possibility:
"When Jimmy goes winning at home again..hoorah! hoorah!
In 2016 we'll all drink stone wine again and we'll all feel GAY(?!) again."

Come on MU block,sit down and make some noise..moooooo with me now!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 11:52]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere on 11:36 - Jan 3 with 2909 viewsRaymond

I think people are just generally fed up with all the goings on at the club.

Players on massive wages the last 3-4 years.

Said players not giving a shit, Barton the exception to be fair to him.

Turnover of staff & managers

Mike Rigg, Kia & Hughes destruction.

Terrible quality football

The Ramsey debacle.

Just takes its toll over time, and wears people down.
Atmosphere on 12:23 - Jan 3 with 2863 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Atmosphere on 11:36 - Jan 3 by Raymond

I think people are just generally fed up with all the goings on at the club.

Players on massive wages the last 3-4 years.

Said players not giving a shit, Barton the exception to be fair to him.

Turnover of staff & managers

Mike Rigg, Kia & Hughes destruction.

Terrible quality football

The Ramsey debacle.

Just takes its toll over time, and wears people down.

Yes the last 4 seasons have been mostly terrible to watch
I think the fans are worn down and have had enough of the overpaid tossers otherwise known as players not trying or having basic skills and application
The bullshit off the pitch doesn't help matters either - we must be the worst club run in England - only thing we are any good at it seems
Atmosphere on 12:41 - Jan 3 with 2836 views18StoneOfHoop

We can all do the whys ,wherefores and the analysis..

How about those who do go, take some responsibility
and instead of tutt-tutting at others..do their bit..

MAKE SOME NOISE!

Or does 'paying good money' necessitate slumbering apathy?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 20:11]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Atmosphere on 14:55 - Jan 3 with 2743 viewsDorse

I always make some noise. ALWAYS. Admittedly, it's a sort of low moaning sound, but I ALWAYS MAKE SOME NOISE!

I suggest the formation of some sort of Chant Committee (established 2016) to be held prior to each match. Chanting should be regulated and chantsheets could be distributed inside programs. Then, at the appropriate moment, the Chanter In Chief, could simply call out the correct chant for the situation.

For example: a potentially good passage of play is disrupted as a result of a bad tackle:

CIC: Siblings, please turn to number 47 in the chantsheets.
Crowd: 'You R's! You R's! You what?! You eeeediot! I keeeeel you!'

I think I could be onto something here.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Atmosphere on 17:07 - Jan 3 with 2651 viewsqprphil

Quite simple really, if the players give it a go week after week, win or lose, so will the fans. Slagging off players doesn't help, but its a natural reaction when you pay hard earned money to watch players looking as if they don't give a monkeys. Fans will pick there scapegoat, and usually for a reason.
Atmosphere on 17:30 - Jan 3 with 2630 viewsisawqpratwcity

Atmosphere on 17:07 - Jan 3 by qprphil

Quite simple really, if the players give it a go week after week, win or lose, so will the fans. Slagging off players doesn't help, but its a natural reaction when you pay hard earned money to watch players looking as if they don't give a monkeys. Fans will pick there scapegoat, and usually for a reason.

Polter isn't a great striker, but tries hard and is improving with two goals and two assists recently. Why does he get so much grief?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/161714/polter/#72

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Atmosphere on 10:15 - Jan 4 with 2525 viewsStanisgod

I think it's all down to the 6 year olds in the Lower Loft. They haven't the staying power of the people that had been in there for 40 years that they replaced. I know the atmosphere wasn't always great in there since seating but it was a damn sight better than it is now.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Atmosphere on 10:33 - Jan 4 with 2084 viewsrobith

I see a combination of factors

- First of all, pretty much since Redknapp took over with the odd blip here and there, the football has been pretty atrocious. I'm a happy clapper "let's get behind the team" and even I spend most of my time in maudlin silence

- There has always been a strain of Rangers fan who turns up bizarrely just to slag off the team. My dad tells me of a man who turned up every week just to call Stan Bowles a c unit. When the team aren't giving much to cheer for, their negativity fills and echoes in the void

- I find it hard to look beyond our recent experiences having warped our fan base a little bit. I don't even think this group is particularly bad on the endeavour front but they're reaping the whirlwind of the failings of others - for instance I find the barracking of people like Polter when Adel at his worst and Cisse got off seemingly scot free baffling. Even Bosingwa didn't get it until the very dog days. Those experiences have worn people's patience thin.

Likewise, if you have a squad built for consolidating in the champ and building for the future, then are told to expect promotion - despite the evidence to contrary - it is a natural reaction to then be disappointed about where we find ourselves.

For the younger part of our fanbase I suspect being in the Prem was quite a damaging experience - I notice a lot of people cite younger fans as the loudest detratcors. Being in the Prem at that time meant while I myself grew up with us in the lower reaches, they've had their first big taste during the age of clickbait transfer headlines, FIFA, SSN where all your answers are a manager sacking or big transfer away.

- The above brings me to football overall. The atmosphere every in dreadful. The game is in an absolute rut. Someone mentioned the atmosphere at Palace - they had to get a committee together to get people to sing. At the football. They actually had to work at it. I've sacked off away games now and I find the experience is generally sitting in a half full ground where the home fans sit in silence, surrounded by a load of lads gakked up to the eyeballs who might fill your head in if you happen to cheer on their latest boo boy.

The internet is another thing. I imagine the administration of a football club is quite boring so we're not privvy to. The internet fills the gap with wild flights of fancy. Even on this site, I have seen someone state a speculation about Les Ferdinand's actions as cast iron fact, then responded to by people going "can't believe that mate. he's got to go!". There's a pretty solid reason why you can't believe it.

Whether it's the TV coverage, or the money creating a disconnect, or social media meaning every time I open twitter I see our fans abusing Charlie Austin, football is eating itself.

Anyway, while I think the new changes to season ticket buying are good, as I pay monthly I will end up paying twice for a couple of months. My dad is probably not going to renew, and at the moment I look at spending £500 on something where I spend most Saturdays thinking "do we have to leave the pub?" . I sacked on the Hull game to have a big roast at home. No big plans, just didn't go, and didn't really miss it either.
Atmosphere on 11:59 - Jan 4 with 2025 viewsTacticalR

@robith 'There has always been a strain of Rangers fan who turns up bizarrely just to slag off the team. My dad tells me of a man who turned up every week just to call Stan Bowles a c unit. When the team aren't giving much to cheer for, their negativity fills and echoes in the void'

In 'Fever Pitch' one of the first things that the youthful Hornby notices is that a lot of the fans hate the team.

Air hostess clique

Atmosphere on 12:10 - Jan 4 with 2005 viewsNorthernr

Robith's is a very good post with lots of points that echo my own thoughts.

It's getting on for ten years now since the money first arrived here, and that's quite a long time really. There will be people going to rangers who've only known us as a monied club that can spend big on players.

I certainly don't think spoilt is the right word - ooh Mr Ambassador, with all these relegations and Paul Harts you're really spoiling us - but I certainly think we've been conditioned and/or changed by the way the club has behaved. We too now expect signings to be made and managers to be sacked, we barely even register when the club spends £3m on a player any more, and we're all in favour of players we've only just signed being cast aside after 10 minutes if they're no good. Signing players and sacking managers used to be a big deal here.
Atmosphere on 12:21 - Jan 4 with 1980 viewswhittocksRs

Atmosphere on 12:10 - Jan 4 by Northernr

It's getting on for ten years now since the money first arrived here, and that's quite a long time really. There will be people going to rangers who've only known us as a monied club that can spend big on players.

I certainly don't think spoilt is the right word - ooh Mr Ambassador, with all these relegations and Paul Harts you're really spoiling us - but I certainly think we've been conditioned and/or changed by the way the club has behaved. We too now expect signings to be made and managers to be sacked, we barely even register when the club spends £3m on a player any more, and we're all in favour of players we've only just signed being cast aside after 10 minutes if they're no good. Signing players and sacking managers used to be a big deal here.

Yep, it wasn't all that long ago that Mike Sheron was still our record signing.
Atmosphere on 12:27 - Jan 4 with 1976 viewsadhoc_qpr

Atmosphere on 12:21 - Jan 4 by whittocksRs

Sheron got 19 goals in 63 appearances - 1 in 3 is not that bad considering he was labelled a complete flop!

I can't think of many recent strikers who have managed it (other than Austin obviously).
Atmosphere on 12:29 - Jan 4 with 1973 viewsdaveB

Atmosphere on 10:15 - Jan 4 by Stanisgod

I think it's all down to the 6 year olds in the Lower Loft. They haven't the staying power of the people that had been in there for 40 years that they replaced. I know the atmosphere wasn't always great in there since seating but it was a damn sight better than it is now.

what about the other 16,000 people in the stadium, does a few 6 year olds sitting in a different stand stop them from singing

Lower loft has been dead atmosphere wise for 20 years now, even in the Holloway years it was silent with loads of empty seats for most games
Atmosphere on 12:37 - Jan 4 with 1963 viewspaulparker

Atmosphere on 12:10 - Jan 4 by Northernr

We have always sacked managers , none of them last here and that goes back to when I started going in 85 ,
I do agree with you about the players though, blimey in the 10 years we must have signed well over 100 players , its like a bad championship manager game sometimes,
TF had the opportunity to change things, he didn't , he wanted OOC , he wanted Prem football, the money , the fame, he is as bad as Tango & Cash IMHO
he has divided this fanbase , he has let us down , with the money we have spunked we should be where Southampton, Leicester, Swansea , Bournmouth are now
I don't blame those who boo, or moan , we pay over the odds for season tickets, and matchday prices and for what, to see Leroy fer half arsed, Sandro not bothering , Rob Green picking up a huge wedge to throw away games
even when we do sign young promising players we don't play them, what's the point ?
and yes like it or not Les has to take the blame, he oversees the coaching , the development, the recruitment, its his job to make sure these young players come through, where are all of these promises then of "going back to the old QPR" "doing things the right way "
we have gone back to the "big name players " again , it doesn't work and the fans have had enough ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Atmosphere on 13:15 - Jan 4 with 1926 viewsStanisgod

Atmosphere on 12:29 - Jan 4 by daveB

what about the other 16,000 people in the stadium, does a few 6 year olds sitting in a different stand stop them from singing

Lower loft has been dead atmosphere wise for 20 years now, even in the Holloway years it was silent with loads of empty seats for most games

It was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek, but hey .....

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Atmosphere on 13:32 - Jan 4 with 1896 viewsQPunkR

Atmosphere on 12:21 - Jan 4 by whittocksRs

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024