Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) 20:08 - Jul 23 with 11120 viewsRanger78

"My Sporting Life" programme. On until 10
[Post edited 23 Jul 2015 20:34]
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 00:20 - Jul 24 with 3536 viewsbarbicanranger

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 00:08 - Jul 24 by FredManRave

Just to follow on from that point/time it's interesting to hear Warnock (as always) after our opening day win against Barnsley;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_1/8882155.stm

Little did we know what was to follow.
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 00:41 - Jul 24 with 3510 viewsqueensparker

Listened to a lot of it, and I got the impression that we're tightening our belts, a few players will be off, and the club message is all about playing everything down.

That's the first time I've heard Ramsey speak at length, and he wasn't exactly giving it the "we will fight them on the beaches" Churchill rhetoric. I thought he sounded pragmatic, slightly depressed, and expecting the sack eventually (they kept mentioning it). Hope I'm wrong, but it wasn't exactly inspiring (much as I like the man)
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 01:32 - Jul 24 with 3456 viewsPunteR

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 00:41 - Jul 24 by queensparker

Listened to a lot of it, and I got the impression that we're tightening our belts, a few players will be off, and the club message is all about playing everything down.

That's the first time I've heard Ramsey speak at length, and he wasn't exactly giving it the "we will fight them on the beaches" Churchill rhetoric. I thought he sounded pragmatic, slightly depressed, and expecting the sack eventually (they kept mentioning it). Hope I'm wrong, but it wasn't exactly inspiring (much as I like the man)

All managers get the sack. Its inevitable. Warnock was the same.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 03:06 - Jul 24 with 3395 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 23:44 - Jul 23 by daveB

Warnock said similar to what Ramsey is saying now, said we'd give promotion a go but might take a couple of seasons. That pre season we looked a million miles away from a title winning side, saw us against Plymouth a week before the season and we looked awful. Following week we signed Adel and Tommy Smith came in a few weeks later and the team was transformed

I went to the Plymouth game and thought they played far better than us. Barnsley, I felt we were lucky in such an emphatic scoreline... the Tykes played really well that day. Went to Port Vale on the Tuesday and thought that the Barnsley result was a freak and it was back to same old QPR (given that we had had a purple patch the season before under Mad Madge)...

Not sure if Chery is this season's Tarbs but would be wonderful if he was. Not necessarily for promotion but entertainment alone
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 08:28 - Jul 24 with 3117 viewsDiscodroids

hopefully talksport have out it up on a podcast. i wouldnt mind having a listen.

glad les and ramsey are looking to sort this puny defense out... devil in skirt charles hawtree would walk straight into this side .

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 08:58 - Jul 24 with 3035 viewsQPRski

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 01:32 - Jul 24 by PunteR

All managers get the sack. Its inevitable. Warnock was the same.

Almost all. However there are exceptions such as Ferguson and Wenger.

But we are QPR and I count 16 different managers this Century (since the year 2000). I do not expect a Ramsey dynasty, but I do hope that he easily exceeds our average term in office.
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 09:08 - Jul 24 with 3015 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 08:28 - Jul 24 by Discodroids

hopefully talksport have out it up on a podcast. i wouldnt mind having a listen.

glad les and ramsey are looking to sort this puny defense out... devil in skirt charles hawtree would walk straight into this side .

They have a clip re Charlie.
CR "Unless Charlie goes to a top team that is challenging then I think he is more likely to stay" Hinting again that Charlie is only really looking for a move up rather than into another side scrapping in the bottom half.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-qpr-boss-chris-ramsey-admits-charlie-aus
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 10:48 - Jul 24 with 2877 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 22:27 - Jul 23 by WeaverQPR

Austin thrives when alongside a hold up man, he's never as effective on his own. How many teams play with a Zamora type these days?

Austin played almost our entire promotion season up front by himself.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 10:56 - Jul 24 with 2849 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 08:58 - Jul 24 by QPRski

Almost all. However there are exceptions such as Ferguson and Wenger.

But we are QPR and I count 16 different managers this Century (since the year 2000). I do not expect a Ramsey dynasty, but I do hope that he easily exceeds our average term in office.

Nice in theory to say that, but if Ramsey does a very poor job (the jury is still out of his ability) i don't want to keep him for the sake of 'stability'.

If anything having Les in place and Ramsey as 'Head Coach' gives us the stability anyway, as if Ramsey does get sack Les replaces him and the new person will have to fit in the existing setup.

In theory of course...
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 11:22 - Jul 24 with 2788 viewsCamberleyR

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 03:06 - Jul 24 by GetMeRangers

I went to the Plymouth game and thought they played far better than us. Barnsley, I felt we were lucky in such an emphatic scoreline... the Tykes played really well that day. Went to Port Vale on the Tuesday and thought that the Barnsley result was a freak and it was back to same old QPR (given that we had had a purple patch the season before under Mad Madge)...

Not sure if Chery is this season's Tarbs but would be wonderful if he was. Not necessarily for promotion but entertainment alone

Ah, the Port Vale game. The night this happened....

[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 11:23]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 11:30 - Jul 24 with 2767 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 11:22 - Jul 24 by CamberleyR

Ah, the Port Vale game. The night this happened....

[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 11:23]

Yes... I know how he felt!
[Post edited 24 Jul 2015 11:31]
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 11:31 - Jul 24 with 2757 viewsDiscodroids

just listened to Chris Ramsey , the boring prophet..

"there shall, in that time, be *rumors* of Charlie Austin going astray, errrm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, Leicester, west ham, crystal palace and other sundry teams of that nature ..and nobody will really know where lieth Charlie Austin and his boots with the sort of raffia work base that has an attachment.... At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young in the Loft shall not know where lieth Charlie Austins boots.. possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock. Yea, it is written in the book of Cyril that..."

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 11:55 - Jul 24 with 2698 viewsWestbourneR

Chris Ramsey is a nice man and clearly a good coach.

He is not a personality and I have never been dazzled by any of his insights. My gut tells me is no manager.

I hope it works out, I want it to, but I think we'll have a new man by Christmas.

Or worse - we'll be plodding along in mid table for 3 years with him as boss, each season hoping that this season would the one where we push on.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 12:05 - Jul 24 with 2661 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 11:55 - Jul 24 by WestbourneR

Chris Ramsey is a nice man and clearly a good coach.

He is not a personality and I have never been dazzled by any of his insights. My gut tells me is no manager.

I hope it works out, I want it to, but I think we'll have a new man by Christmas.

Or worse - we'll be plodding along in mid table for 3 years with him as boss, each season hoping that this season would the one where we push on.

For all the talk about patience, building slowly and stability - Ramsey will be gone by November if we are in the bottom 3, maybe even if we are in the bottom half of the table.

Agree i've seen nothing to suggest he is up to being a manager YET. Sending him into the season with Furlong and Hill at fullback and an unproven German upfront probably won't help...

2 weeks till the season starts, 5 league games before the window closes - how these go will likely shape our season.
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 12:07 - Jul 24 with 2650 viewsTacticalR

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 10:56 - Jul 24 by adhoc_qpr

Nice in theory to say that, but if Ramsey does a very poor job (the jury is still out of his ability) i don't want to keep him for the sake of 'stability'.

If anything having Les in place and Ramsey as 'Head Coach' gives us the stability anyway, as if Ramsey does get sack Les replaces him and the new person will have to fit in the existing setup.

In theory of course...

So we don't like his ability but we do we like his stability.

Air hostess clique

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 12:13 - Jul 24 with 2572 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 12:07 - Jul 24 by TacticalR

So we don't like his ability but we do we like his stability.

I also like his humility and tranquility, but dislike his fallibility and credibility...
Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 12:24 - Jul 24 with 2545 viewsYorkRanger

Ramsey in the Studio, live on Talk Sport now (n/t) on 12:05 - Jul 24 by adhoc_qpr

For all the talk about patience, building slowly and stability - Ramsey will be gone by November if we are in the bottom 3, maybe even if we are in the bottom half of the table.

Agree i've seen nothing to suggest he is up to being a manager YET. Sending him into the season with Furlong and Hill at fullback and an unproven German upfront probably won't help...

2 weeks till the season starts, 5 league games before the window closes - how these go will likely shape our season.

Not sure Ramsey will be gone so quickly if we are bottom 3 in November. Effectively It is a joint effort him and Les - think that will protect him.

Anyway hopefully this is a hypothetical situation that will not materialise
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024