Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8,400 at bury (n/t) 20:56 - Apr 21 with 9197 viewsdilleydaler

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 06:27 - Apr 22 with 3398 viewsTalkingSutty

Looking at Burys crowds this season and the fact that last night was a shoot out for a automatic place, a bit of a winner takes all, I think they would have attracted between 5-6000 for the game anyway. So how many turned up just because it was a free game?

I think it would be the equivalent of us attracting a gate of 5,500-6000 when we were in a similar position fighting to get out of league two the first time. The attendance at giggle was what I expected it to be, if it had been a mid table game against Cambridge it would have been around the 5000 mark. The magnitude of last nights game was a very big factor, the crowd didn't surprise me and neither did the scoreline.

Dragging 8000 through the turnstiles does prove that there are people who would like to go to games but for some reason don't, it's down to the cost but we already know that.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 6:49]
8,400 at bury (n/t) on 06:54 - Apr 22 with 3343 viewsaleanddale

Hate writing this...

Fair play bury magnificent effort to get 8400 at giggle.

If nothing else they now know what potential they are working towards crowd wise...

It will be very interesting to see how many return to giggle on Saturday. Obviously the result will put most off.

Not quite last chance auto saloon for the buckets but they could be facing the play offs if either Wycombe or Southend better their result on Saturday.

Wake up call for Dale and makes the £2 increase all areas next season even more of a baffling decision by the board.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 7:22]
8,400 at bury (n/t) on 07:10 - Apr 22 with 3310 viewsTalkingSutty

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 06:54 - Apr 22 by aleanddale

Hate writing this...

If nothing else they now know what potential they are working towards crowd wise...

It will be very interesting to see how many return to giggle on Saturday. Obviously the result will put most off.

Not quite last chance auto saloon for the buckets but they could be facing the play offs if either Wycombe or Southend better their result on Saturday.

Wake up call for Dale and makes the £2 increase all areas next season even more of a baffling decision by the board.

Bury have had quite a few crowds around the 5000 mark this season which is pretty good but is that because of their pricing policy? I am not sure how much they sold season tickets for or what the prices at the turnstiles are like. 3000 supporters who turned up because of a freebie last night I reckon but the game itself was burys biggest of the season so in reality it was the perfect storm for the giggles. It would have been a more realistic experience if both tables had nothing to play for,but it was still a decent crowd.
8,400 at bury (n/t) on 07:17 - Apr 22 with 3291 viewsdingdangblue

Hate writing this...

I'm not sure about the "potential" comment, had Dale not been playing I might have popped down to bury last night myself.......to cheer on Southend.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 08:19 - Apr 22 with 3190 viewsTTNYear

1,914.... Christ. If the powers that be don't see this as a wake up call then nothing is.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 09:25 - Apr 22 with 3099 viewsParkinsGimp

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 21:09 - Apr 21 by DaleiLama

Think we attract 8,400 for a freebie?
Would like to see the results from that experiment!
I suspect it may end up in tears

Dont forget bURY have been pushing the side all season and had billboards all over town , they been banging on about how good they are....compare that to Dumbo and the crew on our board....shhhhh dont tell any one...shhhhh dont spend any money....we are not worthy of this league.... so No we wouldnt get 8000 even if free.
8,400 at bury (n/t) on 09:28 - Apr 22 with 3092 viewsfitzochris

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 09:25 - Apr 22 by ParkinsGimp

Dont forget bURY have been pushing the side all season and had billboards all over town , they been banging on about how good they are....compare that to Dumbo and the crew on our board....shhhhh dont tell any one...shhhhh dont spend any money....we are not worthy of this league.... so No we wouldnt get 8000 even if free.

Yes, but 'Dumbo' and our board are not looking to turn our club into a car park.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 11:32 - Apr 22 with 3009 viewsColDale

I'd imagine over the past ten years, our averages are pretty similar. But Bury's crowds fluctuate more than ours do. Without checking, I'd guess out of the two clubs, they've had the highest league attendance whilst also have the lowest league attendance during the ten years. I'd put that as much down to their form having similar fluctuations, whilst we've been on the whole consistent.
Login to get fewer ads

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 11:42 - Apr 22 with 2984 viewsTTNYear

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 09:28 - Apr 22 by fitzochris

Yes, but 'Dumbo' and our board are not looking to turn our club into a car park.

Dumbo?...

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 11:44 - Apr 22 with 2970 viewsfitzochris

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 11:42 - Apr 22 by TTNYear

Dumbo?...

Placed in quotation as I was highlighting what our friend ParkinsGimp referred to our chairman by.

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 11:57 - Apr 22 with 2931 viewsTTNYear

Ah!

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 12:44 - Apr 22 with 2853 viewsTVOS1907

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 04:23 - Apr 22 by pioneer

wouldnt it be great to see the board make Saturday free for all and push to get 6 or 7 thousand up there to cheer us on for a great finish and thank the players and coaching staff for a superb season.

I know, that would never happen at Rochdale, but we can dream.

All Goldbond members were eligible for free entry at the home game with Lincoln in April 2004 as a scheme tried by the former commercial manager.

Think the crowd was about 4500 and we lost 3-0!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 12:51 - Apr 22 with 2833 viewsTVOS1907

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 09:25 - Apr 22 by ParkinsGimp

There's only one Dumbo on here.

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 13:14 - Apr 22 with 2771 views442Dale

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 12:44 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

All Goldbond members were eligible for free entry at the home game with Lincoln in April 2004 as a scheme tried by the former commercial manager.

4224. We'd won once in nine games previously and were 21st in the bottom division. There were still another six games left, so it wasn't a relegation decider either.

Proof that such schemes do get people into the ground.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 13:43 - Apr 22 with 2709 viewsdingdangblue

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 12:44 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

Dale also made people get tickets - bury had everything in their favour last night, great form, won last 2, a win takes them 3rd, lovely sunny night. I'm amazed they just let people turn up on the night - but that is the best way if it can be done. Asking people to make a special journey to the stadium to collect free tickets is always going to put a few off.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 15:07 - Apr 22 with 2581 viewsPDIDDY

Hate writing this...

Back to 3200 no doubt, played well first half , should've been at least 2 up, 2 nd half more even, but we will beat tranny 1-0 and southend will get thumped at morecambes
[Post edited 4 May 2015 7:21]

Gissa job

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 15:22 - Apr 22 with 2564 viewsTVOS1907

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 13:43 - Apr 22 by dingdangblue

Dale also made people get tickets - bury had everything in their favour last night, great form, won last 2, a win takes them 3rd, lovely sunny night. I'm amazed they just let people turn up on the night - but that is the best way if it can be done. Asking people to make a special journey to the stadium to collect free tickets is always going to put a few off.

Agree with that.

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 15:33 - Apr 22 with 2545 viewsBobbyjoe

The latest "promotion" appears to be, "Season-tickets on sale, you know where the ground is. Oh, and it will be two quid more per game if you don't get one". Can't think why people aren't battering the gates down. Oh no, wait, it's all their fault. Tesco are probably thinking the same thing!
8,400 at bury (n/t) on 20:45 - Apr 22 with 2342 viewsceme_ender

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 00:11 - Apr 22 by tazzydjr

Just think if that were 8,400 paying customers bet it felt like a FA Cup 3rd Round to them against Ramsbottom Utd

I'm sure there is some humour in there somewhere. Have you got a job yet? You will have to be extra careful now after home games with the tram now going into rochdale.
8,400 at bury (n/t) on 07:17 - May 4 with 1980 viewsPDIDDY

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 22:06 - Apr 21 by zxcvbnm

But they now get to relive their glory days by going to wembley

You were saying ?
[Post edited 4 May 2015 7:18]

Gissa job

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 13:51 - May 5 with 1716 viewsParkinsGimp

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 12:51 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

There's only one Dumbo on here.

Yes of course, the brilliant chairman who refused to sack parkin the day he took the job. Then evenyually had no option...then dithered around looking for a replacement leaving Hillcroft to fortunately show the way...so fell very luckily on that senario.
Next loses the said dynamic duo and again refuses to interview good candidates and plumps for a mate of someone at GMR cos he was told he was good. FFS in comes Steve Eyre...
Then when that fiasco unfolds gets an even bigger clown in Coleman.
Finally waiting for the messaih to return when the opportunity arose. Hardly brilliant decision making is it. Also not always getting the best prices for players outgoing, but hey hes a Rochdale fan so thats ok LOL.
Ride on into the sunset with your blue tinted glasses.
8,400 at bury (n/t) on 14:27 - May 5 with 1671 viewsfitzochris

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 13:51 - May 5 by ParkinsGimp

Yes of course, the brilliant chairman who refused to sack parkin the day he took the job. Then evenyually had no option...then dithered around looking for a replacement leaving Hillcroft to fortunately show the way...so fell very luckily on that senario.
Next loses the said dynamic duo and again refuses to interview good candidates and plumps for a mate of someone at GMR cos he was told he was good. FFS in comes Steve Eyre...
Finally waiting for the messaih to return when the opportunity arose. Hardly brilliant decision making is it. Also not always getting the best prices for players outgoing, but hey hes a Rochdale fan so thats ok LOL.

Are you for real?

Dunphy has his flaws, true, but so does every chairman. He is, quite frankly, the best chairman for our football club at this time.

For starters, you overlook the money that his player sales have brought in subsequently rather than instantly.
[Post edited 5 May 2015 14:32]

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 15:28 - May 5 with 1630 viewsTVOS1907

8,400 at bury (n/t) on 13:51 - May 5 by ParkinsGimp

You'll find they are tinted blue and black, but I probably need a new pair now.

Has it taken you a fortnight to think up all that?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024