Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Turning Point 16:41 - Feb 14 with 3645 viewsdilleydaler

Done going off v Stoat. Clueless since.
The Turning Point on 16:45 - Feb 14 with 3629 viewsmacro

Shut up
The Turning Point on 17:06 - Feb 14 with 3549 viewsdilleydaler

Since he went off v Stoke, we have conceded 9 goals. With no out ball, which we have relied upon, we are too predictable. Add Hills weird selections and it adds up to a heap of bother.

Continue in denial if you wish, but make no mistake. We are in the mire here.

Concerned.
The Turning Point on 17:11 - Feb 14 with 3489 viewsalderleydale

The Turning Point on 17:06 - Feb 14 by dilleydaler

Since he went off v Stoke, we have conceded 9 goals. With no out ball, which we have relied upon, we are too predictable. Add Hills weird selections and it adds up to a heap of bother.

Continue in denial if you wish, but make no mistake. We are in the mire here.

Concerned.

My mate just sent me a text saying Hill at times is too clever for his own good

My answer......Far too clever!!
The Turning Point on 17:14 - Feb 14 with 3445 views442Dale

Suffering a postponement the week after a positive result at Coventry without Done. If we'd built on that with a home win, who know what would have happened.

That game being off deflated a great percentage of the fanbase and magnified the departure of Done earlier in the week. There was still momentum after the transfer with people saying it would be interesting to see if those who did well at Coventry could grab their chance at home, that momentum was lost and the team have now had three away games on the spin instead.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Turning Point on 17:18 - Feb 14 with 3412 viewsTalkingSutty

The Turning Point on 17:11 - Feb 14 by alderleydale

My mate just sent me a text saying Hill at times is too clever for his own good

My answer......Far too clever!!

We've lost two difficult away games, what's the panic?

Time to stick together and support the team and get behind the best manager we have ever had at the club.

Plenty of games to play and we are in a good position to achieve our goal.
The Turning Point on 17:22 - Feb 14 with 3375 viewsalderleydale

The Turning Point on 17:18 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

Time to stick together and support the team and get behind the best manager we have ever had at the club.

Have you been to the last two games???
The Turning Point on 17:25 - Feb 14 with 3344 views442Dale

The Turning Point on 17:18 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

That 'games gap' between us and the bottom four is still three. We just need to ensure it stays around that and we concentrate on getting back in track.

Back to basics, get Bennett back and Hery back involved then look at starting games on the front foot rather than chasing them.

Would leave the likes of Camps, Cannon and Logan on the bench or out of the squad for a while, don't need them to suffer a bad run unnecessarily.

The Turning Point on 17:25 - Feb 14 with 3346 viewsTalkingSutty

The Turning Point on 17:22 - Feb 14 by alderleydale

Have you been to the last two games???

I went to Walsall, but i still know that Walsall and Peterborough away are tough fixtures and i didn't expect us to win either.

In fact i don't expect us to win any game in this league, it's tough.
Login to get fewer ads

The Turning Point on 17:26 - Feb 14 with 3319 viewsalderleydale

The Turning Point on 17:25 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

I went to Walsall, but i still know that Walsall and Peterborough away are tough fixtures and i didn't expect us to win either.

In fact i don't expect us to win any game in this league, it's tough.

It is when you sell your best players
The Turning Point on 17:29 - Feb 14 with 3291 viewsTalkingSutty

The Turning Point on 17:26 - Feb 14 by alderleydale

Done wanted to leave though didn't he ?
The Turning Point on 17:32 - Feb 14 with 3252 views442Dale

The Turning Point on 17:26 - Feb 14 by alderleydale

We've not had problems scoring without him though. 5 goals in 3 away games. That should be enough to ensure more than one point.

The Turning Point on 17:37 - Feb 14 with 3194 viewsSuddenLad

The Turning Point on 17:32 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

We've not had problems scoring without him though. 5 goals in 3 away games. That should be enough to ensure more than one point.

Exactly this. Let's not put too much emphasis on the departure of a single player. It's defensive frailties that have been exposed rather than scoring goals.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Turning Point on 17:51 - Feb 14 with 3123 viewsD_Alien

I'm not sure what it means, but it seems ridiculous that we're on the same points total as Crewe (albeit having played two games fewer) whilst having a combined goals difference advantage of +30

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Turning Point on 17:56 - Feb 14 with 3088 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's this gifting teams a 3-0 or 2-0 start that's frustrating.......mountains to climb jobby.
The Turning Point on 18:03 - Feb 14 with 3032 viewsrobtheb

We still have 54 points to play for (inc 2 games in hand) get anywhere near half the points we will be ok. I admit we have some tough games coming up but we also have some easier ones.

Ok we have been riding high but haven't we done well.

Nearly all teams have a blip throughout the season (except Chelsea)

Trust in Keith and the squad, let them settle and I am sure all will be well.

Remember the famous saying "Don't panic Captain Mainwaring"
The Turning Point on 19:20 - Feb 14 with 2836 viewsnordenblue

Not really a true indicator 442 as Walsall when 3 up obviously came off the gas and invite you to attack leading to our 2 goals just chasing your arse throwing caution to the wind as nothing to lose, similar today when 2 down after 10 mins you've got nothing left but to attack.
Its not only Dones foward play/goals we are so obviously missing, the work ethic he put in high up the pitch made their defender not have a minute and just launch a ball up making it much easier to defend, now the opposition are given more time to build from the back and pick a pass add to this playing people out of position who cant defend it only ends one way
The Turning Point on 20:46 - Feb 14 with 2711 views442Dale

The Turning Point on 19:20 - Feb 14 by nordenblue

Not really a true indicator 442 as Walsall when 3 up obviously came off the gas and invite you to attack leading to our 2 goals just chasing your arse throwing caution to the wind as nothing to lose, similar today when 2 down after 10 mins you've got nothing left but to attack.
Its not only Dones foward play/goals we are so obviously missing, the work ethic he put in high up the pitch made their defender not have a minute and just launch a ball up making it much easier to defend, now the opposition are given more time to build from the back and pick a pass add to this playing people out of position who cant defend it only ends one way

Can't disagree with any of that, it's just that we should be taking more points if we score that many goals away from home. Forgetting Done for a minute, we're not giving ourselves the best chance of getting a result if we don't have the strongest side out with the players in their best positions. But after listening to Hill's interview, maybe this will be rectified.

The Turning Point on 21:03 - Feb 14 with 2665 viewsTalkingSutty

The Turning Point on 20:46 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

Can't disagree with any of that, it's just that we should be taking more points if we score that many goals away from home. Forgetting Done for a minute, we're not giving ourselves the best chance of getting a result if we don't have the strongest side out with the players in their best positions. But after listening to Hill's interview, maybe this will be rectified.

Hilly obviously has a lot of faith in the youngsters and they all look to be capable, but Bunney at left back? Never in a million years. Beech should have had Hill in a Boston Crab the moment he suggested it.

Its a big ask blooding any youngster in the Football league, even more so at league one level. Get Rose and Hery back in and around the team and if Brandy and Lazarus aren't up to speed get someone in who is.

How long have those two been at the club and how many games have they started?
The Turning Point on 21:37 - Feb 14 with 2590 viewsnordenblue

The Turning Point on 20:46 - Feb 14 by 442Dale

Fully agree, as mentioned on another post he can be too stubborn for his own good and his current slections reflect this .Theres not a chance in gods name Bunney should be anywhere near starting at left back and if thats the case Hillys got his recruitment wildly wrong if he's the best player for that position at his disposal.
He just looks a bigger fool when he's got a recognised left back picking up a wage for not doing an awful lot this season, then you through Hery into the mix and theres something majorly wrong if hes not in and around the first team every week.
The Turning Point on 10:56 - Feb 15 with 2403 viewsParkinsGimp

The Turning Point on 17:29 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

Done wanted to leave though didn't he ?

If he wanted to leave then lets make sure we have a contingency plan to keep going forward. Not sign duffers like Brandy and Andrew or Noble-Lazarus. All three are League 2 standard.
We have a few more difficult games coming up. If we keep losing our confidence will be shot and then we could be in trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024