Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis 11:27 - Dec 7 with 2048 viewssully49

According to BBC sport,Warnock his No.1 January target is Gomis. We must concentrate on bringing a few players to enhance our squad, not to let anyone go.

For discussion only, if the price is right, would we let him go and what effect will it have on the squad?????

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Gomis on 11:31 - Dec 7 with 2029 viewsLohengrin

He's not had the impact most had hoped for, granted his chances have been limited by Bony's form, but if the right offer came in I can see him depart.

That said we haven't GOT to sell anybody unless Monk has a replacement in mind. Not a bad position to be in.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Gomis on 11:31 - Dec 7 with 2027 viewsDr_Winston

Absolute non-starter in Jan unless the price is ridiculous, and maybe even then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis on 11:33 - Dec 7 with 2008 viewsLeonisGod

Unlikely if Bony heads off to the African cup.
Gomis on 11:35 - Dec 7 with 1988 viewsHubert

Need him as cover for the Wilf during the African Cup of Nations...end of story
Gomis on 11:38 - Dec 7 with 1966 viewsthomasJack

no sell from me. and i think if he gets some full games in a row we will see some pretty good Things from him

Poll: Next signing

Gomis on 11:38 - Dec 7 with 1960 viewsLohengrin

Is Barrow likely to be heading to Africa in January too?

Gomis on 11:41 - Dec 7 with 1937 viewsSenhin

Does he seriously think we'd sell him in January and leave us with no striker? Or has he, like most people in football who talk about anything to do with us, not done the slightest bit of research before just assuming things?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Gomis on 11:42 - Dec 7 with 1937 viewsdobjack2

If an offer came in with a promise of more regular football I could see him wanting to go. Limited chances but has not really impressed me, unlike bony at the start of last season where you could see there was something there.

However letting him leave will I think depend on the wording of any release clause that may exist in his contract.

Same paper apparently has warnock interested in Taylor as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis on 11:51 - Dec 7 with 1873 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gomis on 11:42 - Dec 7 by dobjack2

If an offer came in with a promise of more regular football I could see him wanting to go. Limited chances but has not really impressed me, unlike bony at the start of last season where you could see there was something there.

However letting him leave will I think depend on the wording of any release clause that may exist in his contract.

Same paper apparently has warnock interested in Taylor as well.

Aye. We're bound to flog off our first choice left back and our only back up striker half way through the season. Silly season ahead.

Poll: Tory leader

Gomis on 11:57 - Dec 7 with 1833 viewsWireSwan

Gomis on 11:35 - Dec 7 by Hubert

Need him as cover for the Wilf during the African Cup of Nations...end of story

Of more concern will be the good ol' press - Aguero crocked, Wilf in form, top 2014 scorer bla bla bla...City need a replacement...

They'll conveniently overlook Cup of Nations. How unsettling will this all prove to be? Can't help matters can it
Gomis on 12:01 - Dec 7 with 1802 viewsWireSwan

"Same paper apparently has warnock interested in Taylor as well"...

Does anyone reckon Taylor will have his head turned like he did when Newcastle were sniffin before his injury?
Gomis on 12:19 - Dec 7 with 1712 viewsMrSwan

Gomis on 11:38 - Dec 7 by Lohengrin

Is Barrow likely to be heading to Africa in January too?

He chose to play for Sweden.

I wouldn't sell Gomis been frustrating that he hasn't done what everyone expected but with time i'm sure he will.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Gomis on 12:32 - Dec 7 with 1655 viewsLohengrin

I know he's played in Sweden but he's Gambian. Does he qualify under residency or something?

http://gambiasports.gm/index.php/football/1561-modou-barrow-becomes-first-gambia

Gomis on 12:36 - Dec 7 with 1634 viewsStarsky

Gomis on 12:19 - Dec 7 by MrSwan

He chose to play for Sweden.

I wouldn't sell Gomis been frustrating that he hasn't done what everyone expected but with time i'm sure he will.

"What everyone expected"?
He scored the winner against Arsenal but he's hardly featured other than 10 minute cameos.
I think the only one frustrated should be Gomis. Bony has kept him out of the team. His time will come in January during the African tournament.

It's just the internet, init.

Gomis on 12:36 - Dec 7 with 1629 viewsMrSwan

Gomis on 12:32 - Dec 7 by Lohengrin

I know he's played in Sweden but he's Gambian. Does he qualify under residency or something?

http://gambiasports.gm/index.php/football/1561-modou-barrow-becomes-first-gambia

Think he qualifies under residency i may be wrong but i am sure i read something like that but have Gambia qualified for the AFCON.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Gomis on 12:46 - Dec 7 with 1588 viewsDr_Winston

Gomis on 12:36 - Dec 7 by Starsky

"What everyone expected"?
He scored the winner against Arsenal but he's hardly featured other than 10 minute cameos.
I think the only one frustrated should be Gomis. Bony has kept him out of the team. His time will come in January during the African tournament.

This.

Like what I've seen of Gomis so far given the team's struggles to play to his strengths when he's playing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis on 12:51 - Dec 7 with 1563 viewsdobjack2

Gomis on 11:51 - Dec 7 by exiledclaseboy

Aye. We're bound to flog off our first choice left back and our only back up striker half way through the season. Silly season ahead.

Can't see us selling Taylor that would be silly season, with Gomis my concern is one of these mystical release clauses. No release clause no go but if there is one we may be vulnerable depending on the contract wording.
Gomis on 12:51 - Dec 7 with 1562 viewscanhecatchit

He has had limited game time. Same as Bony when he first came here under Laudrup. Given games, think we will see the best out of him with Montero supplying crosses for him

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024