Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman 22:57 - Oct 25 with 3101 viewsthomasJack

The Premier League have been urged by one of their own clubs to take the lead on slashing ticket prices for hard-up supporters by encouraging every top-flight team to reduce admission fees.

Swansea vice-chairman Leigh Dineen said he would like to cut huge amounts off all ticket prices for City’s fans, including season tickets, and believes other clubs could do the same due to the £5.5billion of TV riches pouring into the Premier League in the current three-year TV deal ‘cycle’.

But he says if Swansea - a family-friendly club co-owned by fans - go it alone on price reductions, they would put themselves at a competitive disadvantage.
Dineen said: ‘We’d love to substantially decrease ticket prices for all of our fans but we’d be less competitive. It could only happen if all Premier League clubs agreed to the same reductions. The German model with low ticket prices is great and something we could look towards in our league.’

He said the Premier League should have taken a lead on the issue when the TV deal was announced.

‘The Premier League missed a trick on this issue,’ he said. ‘They could have announced that all clubs would be required to make reductions for away fans carte blanche. Instead, it’s been left to the clubs to try to strike reciprocal deals.

'We approached all the clubs last year and got nowhere. Since then we’ve managed to strike reciprocal deals with six or seven clubs including Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa and West Brom, with others coming forward. But if the Premier League had taken the lead, we wouldn’t have had to spend so much time trying to generate interest for the benefit of our fans.’

Kevin Miles, chief executive of the Football Supporters’ Federation suggested Premier League crowds could soon ‘die out’ if ticket prices continued to rise because young fans were being priced out.

This year, supporters will pay an average of £526 for their club’s lowest priced adult season ticket, a rise of 6.5 per cent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2807889/Premier-League-urged-slash-tick

Poll: Next signing

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:59 - Oct 26 with 746 viewswestx

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:55 - Oct 26 by dgt73

There does seem to be some envy directed towards our board of directors, do you think this is the case and if so why.?

envy? How do you figure that one out?

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 18:00 - Oct 26 with 740 viewsdgt73

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:59 - Oct 26 by westx

envy? How do you figure that one out?

Because some people keep mentioning the "dividends"

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 18:18 - Oct 26 with 715 viewswestx

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 18:00 - Oct 26 by dgt73

Because some people keep mentioning the "dividends"

How does that make people envious?

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 18:27 - Oct 26 with 704 viewsdgt73

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 18:18 - Oct 26 by westx

How does that make people envious?

You tell me? As I've already said i believe in rewarding success, but some people don't, maybe it's a Welsh Trait i don't know.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 18:32 - Oct 26 with 682 viewswestx

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 18:27 - Oct 26 by dgt73

You tell me? As I've already said i believe in rewarding success, but some people don't, maybe it's a Welsh Trait i don't know.

What do I need to tell you? It was you that used the word envy

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 19:20 - Oct 26 with 646 views_

As has been mentioned on here many times. The whole Trust Director getting too cosy with the actual board, being allowed to buy shares 5 years after the birth of the new Swansea City and at what price(?), the attitude to Swans fans and the stuff mentioned on the other thread about the Trust....well Leigh's got some more PR work to do beside come out with the soundbites he's done with this.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 19:46 - Oct 26 with 607 viewsjackonicko

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 19:20 - Oct 26 by _

As has been mentioned on here many times. The whole Trust Director getting too cosy with the actual board, being allowed to buy shares 5 years after the birth of the new Swansea City and at what price(?), the attitude to Swans fans and the stuff mentioned on the other thread about the Trust....well Leigh's got some more PR work to do beside come out with the soundbites he's done with this.

The whole thing read as a thinly veiled PR drive to me anyway. Very little of what is said stands up to scrutiny against the club's own ticketing track record. Europa and COC anyone?

Now, why would there be a PR drive right now to get on side with the fans?
Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 20:23 - Oct 26 with 579 viewswhiterock

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 17:39 - Oct 26 by dgt73

As for mr VZ that is what he told me and i have no reason to disbelieve him (in saying that everyone and everything has a price) i actually saw him today in costa coffee in Swansea city centre, with a Swans top on, maybe i should have asked him again. As for the dividends, this gets paid to the people who own the club, it's called business and is not a new phenomena.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2014 19:13]

How van you tell when the clog is lying?

His lips move
Login to get fewer ads

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 20:50 - Oct 26 with 541 viewsSweyns_Eye

Premier League urged to slash ticket prices by Swansea City vice-chairman on 19:46 - Oct 26 by jackonicko

The whole thing read as a thinly veiled PR drive to me anyway. Very little of what is said stands up to scrutiny against the club's own ticketing track record. Europa and COC anyone?

Now, why would there be a PR drive right now to get on side with the fans?

To be fair, its been said the club recognise they made an error with the pricing of the Europa tickets. So hopefully they change things in the future. The Everton cup tickets were cheaper recently and let all hope this is a trend for the future.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024