Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker transfer would really excite me 16:06 - Jul 9 with 6482 viewschris1969

Got to get this one over the line...........22yr old captain has been voted young player of the season everywhere he has played even when on loan. If we are planning on staying in the premiership this would be a great long term signing and possible future England captain.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 08:05 - Jul 10 with 1990 viewsWokingR

I was quite excited at the thought of this signing to start with but I'm now going cold on the idea. Either he wants to sign for us or he doesn't. Don't use us as a fall back plan if something better doesn't come along.
Sign and commit to us or p*ss off.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 08:46 - Jul 10 with 1946 viewsDANRANGER

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 08:05 - Jul 10 by WokingR

I was quite excited at the thought of this signing to start with but I'm now going cold on the idea. Either he wants to sign for us or he doesn't. Don't use us as a fall back plan if something better doesn't come along.
Sign and commit to us or p*ss off.

Would be a great signing but if it doesn't happen I'd be happy enough with rio/nedum and then look elsewhere. If caulker has heard liverpool might be interested then he is right to wait. I'm not sure if they will be though as once the Suarez deal happens they have cash to go and get a top ready made centre half ie hummels, lovren so maybe a reality check for caulker who did play for a relegated team last year. 3-4 years with us and then he will get his big move and be better for it.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 08:54 - Jul 10 with 1935 viewsjonno

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 23:57 - Jul 9 by IrishR

The delay in a decision from Caulker makes me doubt this will go through. Seems like hes waiting for a better offer and if thats the case we need to move on. Transfer situation should be.

Make offer and get accepted
agree terms with the player and give 3 days to make a decision.
doesnt meet the deadline withdraw the offer and move on.

Exactly right. You can see what's going to happen now, we will waste time p1ssing about trying to sign players who have no interest in playing for us but whose agents will us as a way of flushing out better offers. Then we'll end up rushing about at the end of the window desperately trying to get any player that is still available, ie the dregs.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 09:05 - Jul 10 with 1907 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 08:54 - Jul 10 by jonno

Exactly right. You can see what's going to happen now, we will waste time p1ssing about trying to sign players who have no interest in playing for us but whose agents will us as a way of flushing out better offers. Then we'll end up rushing about at the end of the window desperately trying to get any player that is still available, ie the dregs.

Agree with that.

Ashley Williams agent has managed to get him 2 pay rises out of our interest and he was never going to sign for us!
Caulker transfer would really excite me (n/t) on 09:39 - Jul 10 with 1842 viewsrrrspricey

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 23:51 - Jul 9 by SpiritofGregory

He
still shouldn't be in the first 11, don't think he is sharp or canny enough, his distribution can also be poor - remember the playoff final.

So from everything that he did (alongside Dunne) in the play-off final, you choose the one mistake he made which lead to O’Neil’s sending off.

Other than that Ned was immense and if it weren’t for his epic performance in the 2nd leg of the semi we may not of even reached the final.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2014 13:44]
Caulker transfer would really excite me (n/t) on 09:39 - Jul 10 with 1842 viewsrrrspricey

He
still shouldn't be in the first 11, don't think he is sharp or canny enough, his distribution can also be poor - remember the playoff final.

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 13:36 - Jul 10 with 1734 viewsLoft1979

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 03:09 - Jul 10 by timcocking

I see this as a potentially pivotal transfer. If we sign him, i'll be feeling so much more confident, but i fear it might not work out. He's obviously (unsurprisingly) not too keen on the move. Caulker and Chief/Rio would be quality imo.

One thing is for sure, we need several good signings; we're nowhere near a squad capable of staying up at the moment now everybody has left or is leaving. Have we even got 11 decent players? We have one striker, assuming that pr!ck Remy escapes, no left back, no holding midfielder, one centre back unless Dunne and Clint Hill can hang in there another year, and the clock is ticking inexorably onwards.

The trouble is, after the shambles last time and our training facilities etc., you can see why players would think of QPR as a last resort...

+1
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 19:30 - Jul 10 with 1649 viewsDylanP

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 00:02 - Jul 10 by SpiritofGregory

We need to start giving these players deadlines, we are the ones with the money offering premier league football. This is why having a decent scouting system is so important, we should have lists of targets in each position. Need to stop allowing players and agents to give us the run around. In relation to Rio, why do we have to wait can't someone fly over with the contract, a camera and hooped top and sort it out. Other clubs seem to sign players with ease.

How do you know we haven't done exactly that? Why do you assume the worst? There is nothing to suggest we don't have lists of targets and so on. You just seem to be hoping that the worst is true so you can say "told you so"

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 20:02 - Jul 10 with 1620 viewsIrishR

For me it was based on the fact that we agreed a deal with Cardiff what two weeks ago? Give it a few days for contract negotiations and another few to think about it. In the meantime we seem to have seen Palace put in a bid. If he doesnt want to come then fine by me and I wish him luck, the thing is if we didnt get Caulker id like to get Lascelles but with all the dicking around we will probably end up with neither. I dont like us being seen as a soft touch or second choice regardless of which other teams are mentioned. If we are not big enough for Caulker we would be for Laschelles, maybe Van Dijk or even someone like Jonathan Tah(Im working in Germany and a guy was raving about him and alot of other young talent here although i will take a closer look on him this season).

I hoping for sods law now and we get both now :P. Caulker, Nedum, Lascelles and a year or two out of Rio and Dunne and we have CBs sorted for the next 5+years and can move on to sort other positions.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 20:42 - Jul 10 with 1565 viewsAgedR

He

As I've said before, we shan't fall out.

But, that's just daft.

Not only should Nedum be the first name on our team sheet, but, on the evidence of the last month, he should be the first on England's

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 20:44 - Jul 10 with 1564 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Whether you like it or not we are, to paraphrase Joey, the ugly girl at the dance.

At best, at the moment, a Yo-Yo club.
The smallest ground and attendances in the PL.
Second favourite to go down.
With a recent reputation of buying a new team every transfer window.

To get good players to upgrade our squad needs patience, persistence, good negotiation, probably paying more than anyone else and other clubs to make mistakes and miss out.

Telling players to piss off as soon as they delay signing for us to consider their other options doesn't quite get the job done.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 20:58 - Jul 10 with 1524 viewsIrishR

Last seasons buys of Austin and Phillips has shown the club are learning something but the scatter gun approach in January for Keane, Maiga etc etc was worrying but they were loans after all.

I suppose the club should always keep enough irons in the fire and with bids for Caulker and Lashelles I suppose they are doing that. I will reserve all judgement till September but would ideally like our business done before then and then give Harry one token player on deadline day as that keeps him happy :P

I was having a bad day and needed to complain about something but I hope we are pushing on with others regardless of Caulker's indecision.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 21:02 - Jul 10 with 1513 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 19:30 - Jul 10 by DylanP

How do you know we haven't done exactly that? Why do you assume the worst? There is nothing to suggest we don't have lists of targets and so on. You just seem to be hoping that the worst is true so you can say "told you so"

I know from our track record that's all, nothing to do with ''told you so'.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 21:13 - Jul 10 with 1488 viewsSpiritofGregory

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 20:42 - Jul 10 by AgedR

As I've said before, we shan't fall out.

But, that's just daft.

Not only should Nedum be the first name on our team sheet, but, on the evidence of the last month, he should be the first on England's

Nedhum first player on the teamsheet - that doesn't say much for our squad.

He is not good enough, you can't get away with having poor distribution and being cumbersome in the premier league. I don't blame Harry for wanting two centrebacks and if anyone thinks that we'd sign Ferdinand and Calkner to sit on the bench, then think again.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 21:16 - Jul 10 with 1480 viewsTacticalR

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 21:02 - Jul 10 by SpiritofGregory

I know from our track record that's all, nothing to do with ''told you so'.

This is what people don't realise. SoG's harsh medicine is for our own good.

Spare the rod and spoil the supporter.

Air hostess clique

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 10:27 - Jul 11 with 1252 viewssimmo

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 21:13 - Jul 10 by SpiritofGregory

Nedhum first player on the teamsheet - that doesn't say much for our squad.

He is not good enough, you can't get away with having poor distribution and being cumbersome in the premier league. I don't blame Harry for wanting two centrebacks and if anyone thinks that we'd sign Ferdinand and Calkner to sit on the bench, then think again.

If Nedum is cumbersome what the fck does that make Dunne?

It's like you have an agenda against him because he is not a ball playing centre back, well to be honest good passing is about 10th on my list of attributes I would want a CB to have, and he excels in the most important, particularly giving us what none of our other CBs have - pace. But he has pace coupled with strength, which is rare and invaluable to a club like us in the premiership.

There's no point sayin how we can't have players that can't 'get away with' certain weaker attributes of our play, we are QPR, newly promoted and punching above our weight, all of our players will lack certain qualities, if they didn't then they wouldn't be playing for us would they. You should try concentrating on his positives, of which there are many, instead of being contrary for the sake of it

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 13:23 - Jul 11 with 1149 viewsDiscodroid

in response to the op,in terms of excitement, a vibrating cock ring , filled with a gel as yet unknown to the periodic tables, normally gets me 'over the white wash',
not some kid who at 22 thinks he's a hybrid splice of guiseepe bergomi and johan neeskens .

only the champions league ampitheatre of the gods, his own 'joy division' and im guessing £75,ooo per week will sate his talents.

the opportunity to play next to the reigning undisputed world lumbago champion may not swerve it for us
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 13:34]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 14:16 - Jul 11 with 1091 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 10:27 - Jul 11 by simmo

If Nedum is cumbersome what the fck does that make Dunne?

It's like you have an agenda against him because he is not a ball playing centre back, well to be honest good passing is about 10th on my list of attributes I would want a CB to have, and he excels in the most important, particularly giving us what none of our other CBs have - pace. But he has pace coupled with strength, which is rare and invaluable to a club like us in the premiership.

There's no point sayin how we can't have players that can't 'get away with' certain weaker attributes of our play, we are QPR, newly promoted and punching above our weight, all of our players will lack certain qualities, if they didn't then they wouldn't be playing for us would they. You should try concentrating on his positives, of which there are many, instead of being contrary for the sake of it

Good post.

Also Nedum has well over 100 prem appearances under his belt, he's not an unproven lower league player making the step up.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 14:22 - Jul 11 with 1079 viewsdaveB

This is why we shouldn't be telling the world when we agree a fee with someone. Caulker has plenty of options so was never going to decide on us straight away. I still think we'll get him but he is right to look at all of his options before deciding. I'd rather someone joined us after thinking about it and chooses us rather than we are his only option and we offer lots of money so go on then I'll sign.

Loic Remy took 2 weeks to sign for us as well and the Austin transfer went on for a month last year with some claiming Forest had signed him. Just wait and see, if he signs great good luck to him if he doesn't then we go and get someone else.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 14:37 - Jul 11 with 1064 viewschris1969

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 13:23 - Jul 11 by Discodroid

in response to the op,in terms of excitement, a vibrating cock ring , filled with a gel as yet unknown to the periodic tables, normally gets me 'over the white wash',
not some kid who at 22 thinks he's a hybrid splice of guiseepe bergomi and johan neeskens .

only the champions league ampitheatre of the gods, his own 'joy division' and im guessing £75,ooo per week will sate his talents.

the opportunity to play next to the reigning undisputed world lumbago champion may not swerve it for us
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 13:34]

I'm already regretting the use of 'really' excite me maybe 'partially' would be more apt.
Caulker transfer would really excite me on 14:40 - Jul 11 with 1056 viewsDiscodroid

Caulker transfer would really excite me on 14:37 - Jul 11 by chris1969

I'm already regretting the use of 'really' excite me maybe 'partially' would be more apt.

lol!

no worries mate, i actually do get excited at the new series of 'towie' so i can rant at the screen like magnus pyke on angel dust

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024