Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? 09:41 - Jun 1 with 27180 viewsbermudajack

Just came across this on twitter...

" I Hear Swansea have agreed a fee of 8 million Euros with FC Twente for Luc Castaignos. Personal terms not yet done"

Anyone heard of him?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:14 - Jun 1 with 5048 viewsbargoedjack

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 13:37 - Jun 1 by tautologist

As others have said, was very highly rated, then dropped off a bit. Even after his disastrous spell at Inter he was chosen as one of the top 100 young players in world football by inbedwithmaradona.com (fantastic site) at the start of last year. Here is their review of his 2013:

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/100-2013-review/2013/12/1/luc-castaignos

To explain their grading: "We consider C to be the norm, a straight line, a ‘good’ that indicates a player is performing well and their development is on course"

Edit: this was obviously done 6 months ago so does not include his recent form, which by all accounts has been good. He did not appear on the 2014 list which can be seen here if you're interested, Ben Davies is on it: http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2013/12/18/ibwm100-for-2014
[Post edited 1 Jun 2014 13:40]

Nice link ....

Interestingly, Jordy Clasie is next in line in the review ...

Also there are a couple of lines Tom Ince could do with reading - based on Castaignos' Inter experience ...

"A time to get back to basics. Back in the Eredivisie with Twente after the move from Inter last year, it’s been a year of understanding his reality. After a small war of words he’s now had to accept that his time in Italy has made him a poster boy for too much too soon, seduced by a transfer to a club with a huge history but little time or inclination to alter to suit his needs. Most observers felt it was going to go exactly as it did but hoped it wouldn’t, the fact it did go so wrong shouldn’t hang over the rest of the his career like a blue and black striped milestone."
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:21 - Jun 1 with 4993 viewsDrizzy

A lot of people are going to have to eat their words about how Monk won't be able to attract top class players if this one comes off.

Heck of a signing, this.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:39 - Jun 1 with 4881 viewsNatterjack

Lots of Dutch fans in Twitter rolling about laughing at the €8m fee. Hope they're choking on their spam & cheese sandwiches this time next year.
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:50 - Jun 1 with 4814 viewsKingsJack

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:39 - Jun 1 by Natterjack

Lots of Dutch fans in Twitter rolling about laughing at the €8m fee. Hope they're choking on their spam & cheese sandwiches this time next year.

He was the 5th top goal scorer in the Eredivisie last season and is only 21. He's got a lot to prove after the Inter Milan move didn't go to plan for him. Sounds like a Swansea City player to me! Can he play out wide too?
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:53 - Jun 1 with 4789 viewsCatullus

14 goals in 21 last season. A very good strike rate.
He's young, he's a goalscorer, just what we need.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:53 - Jun 1 with 4783 viewsmonmouth

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:14 - Jun 1 by bargoedjack

Nice link ....

Interestingly, Jordy Clasie is next in line in the review ...

Also there are a couple of lines Tom Ince could do with reading - based on Castaignos' Inter experience ...

"A time to get back to basics. Back in the Eredivisie with Twente after the move from Inter last year, it’s been a year of understanding his reality. After a small war of words he’s now had to accept that his time in Italy has made him a poster boy for too much too soon, seduced by a transfer to a club with a huge history but little time or inclination to alter to suit his needs. Most observers felt it was going to go exactly as it did but hoped it wouldn’t, the fact it did go so wrong shouldn’t hang over the rest of the his career like a blue and black striped milestone."

We should get Clasie...he'd just have to fit in wouldn't he?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:58 - Jun 1 with 4764 viewsnyc_swans

i think clasie will sign with a bigger club, but he would be perfect.

i like the castaignos signing if it comes off. this would be worlds better than the loan signings of the last 2 seasons and a hint of ambition of garry and co.
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 15:26 - Jun 1 with 4575 viewsScoobyWho

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:21 - Jun 1 by Drizzy

A lot of people are going to have to eat their words about how Monk won't be able to attract top class players if this one comes off.

Heck of a signing, this.

Well, agents and the board are doing well.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 15:29 - Jun 1 with 4561 viewsDrizzy

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 15:26 - Jun 1 by ScoobyWho

Well, agents and the board are doing well.

But will he want to come play for Monk mun?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 16:13 - Jun 1 with 4352 viewsScoobyWho

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 15:29 - Jun 1 by Drizzy

But will he want to come play for Monk mun?

I'm sure the money will make him want to play for anyone ;-)

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 17:09 - Jun 1 with 4165 viewsVetchitBack

You mean there are other reasons players join clubs than the career profile of the manager???

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 17:22 - Jun 1 with 4113 viewsScoobyWho

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 17:09 - Jun 1 by VetchitBack

You mean there are other reasons players join clubs than the career profile of the manager???

I believe so.

Oh and money of course.

And then there's the money.

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 17:45 - Jun 1 with 3986 viewsmalagajack

http://www.twentefans.nl/nieuws/12748/-castaignos-voor-acht-miljoen-euro-naar-sw

some interesting comments both positive and negative at the bottom (use google translate)

more info on him here

http://www.vi.nl/spelers/carriere/luc-castaignos.htm
[Post edited 1 Jun 2014 17:53]
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 18:36 - Jun 1 with 3790 viewsJokeren1943

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 14:21 - Jun 1 by Drizzy

Heck of a signing, this.

Castaignos is not a top player. He is a young player with potential.

Don't know him, but could be a fantastic match to Bony.
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 19:22 - Jun 1 with 3617 viewsdutch9

I feel sorry for you guys. It's a lot of money for a very mediocore striker. The statistics of Castaignos may look quite good for a 21 year old, but it isn't anything special. FC Twente basically played the best football in The Netherlands last season and Castaignos is - IMO - the reason why they didn't became champion. He missed lots and lots of great chances. I don't know if your team still plays a offensive passing game. If so, that doesn't suit Castaignos. He is fast so counter football suits him more.

Last year you've had a great singing with Wilfried Bony, who was by far the best striker in The Netherlands. Castaignos is only mediocore.
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 19:30 - Jun 1 with 3409 viewsScoobyWho

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 19:22 - Jun 1 by dutch9

I feel sorry for you guys. It's a lot of money for a very mediocore striker. The statistics of Castaignos may look quite good for a 21 year old, but it isn't anything special. FC Twente basically played the best football in The Netherlands last season and Castaignos is - IMO - the reason why they didn't became champion. He missed lots and lots of great chances. I don't know if your team still plays a offensive passing game. If so, that doesn't suit Castaignos. He is fast so counter football suits him more.

Last year you've had a great singing with Wilfried Bony, who was by far the best striker in The Netherlands. Castaignos is only mediocore.

Don't feel sorry for us, we'll be fine.

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 19:48 - Jun 1 with 3311 viewscaerleon_jack

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 19:22 - Jun 1 by dutch9

I'd say your review of his abilities is probably why we're after him. Monk seemed to favour a system towards the end of last season where there was someone with pace who could play alongside Bony and utilise the counter attack. Even if we revert to type and play one up front he will provide a different style of attacker as an option. The fact that he is seen as ranging between 'mediocre' and 'great potential' means that he is within our price bracket and the fact he's had his fingers burnt by a move to a big club already means that he's not like previous targets who are still unproven at a level similar to the Premier League but seem to think that only a Champions League team will do for them. Whether it's £6.5m or €6.5m we've got the finances to take that sort of gamble - and in the grand scheme of things I don't think it's any worse a fees than we gambled on Routledge, Dyer, Moore, Cotterill, Beattie... some worked out, some didn't but a club like us has to take chances.

Insert something witty here

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 20:05 - Jun 1 with 3247 viewseddie71

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 19:48 - Jun 1 by caerleon_jack

I'd say your review of his abilities is probably why we're after him. Monk seemed to favour a system towards the end of last season where there was someone with pace who could play alongside Bony and utilise the counter attack. Even if we revert to type and play one up front he will provide a different style of attacker as an option. The fact that he is seen as ranging between 'mediocre' and 'great potential' means that he is within our price bracket and the fact he's had his fingers burnt by a move to a big club already means that he's not like previous targets who are still unproven at a level similar to the Premier League but seem to think that only a Champions League team will do for them. Whether it's £6.5m or €6.5m we've got the finances to take that sort of gamble - and in the grand scheme of things I don't think it's any worse a fees than we gambled on Routledge, Dyer, Moore, Cotterill, Beattie... some worked out, some didn't but a club like us has to take chances.

Good post, Swansea have a history of working with young players who haven't fulfilled thier potential up to the point we signed them and our record is pretty good in that regard. I would have prefered Batshuayi but he clearly has his mind on a champions league club.
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 23:19 - Jun 1 with 2960 viewsbargoedjack

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 17:45 - Jun 1 by malagajack

http://www.twentefans.nl/nieuws/12748/-castaignos-voor-acht-miljoen-euro-naar-sw

some interesting comments both positive and negative at the bottom (use google translate)

more info on him here

http://www.vi.nl/spelers/carriere/luc-castaignos.htm
[Post edited 1 Jun 2014 17:53]

Too right there are some interesting comments at least when translated ...

"Dear people ... Let we all deal with this guy with respect. He always tried his smelly for the club ... If he had been allowed to carry the pingels ..."

"Bow around and away with it"

"I go out to do the flag"

"I have a pedalo - who brings him?"
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 23:52 - Jun 1 with 2883 viewsDaithejack

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 23:19 - Jun 1 by bargoedjack

"Dear people ... Let we all deal with this guy with respect. He always tried his smelly for the club ... If he had been allowed to carry the pingels ..."

Those mad crazy Dutch!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 00:53 - Jun 2 with 2776 viewsJackSomething

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 23:19 - Jun 1 by bargoedjack

The context doesn't matter, "I have a pedalo - who brings him?", is the best thing I've read on the internet in ages.

As for Castaignos, hadn't heard of him until today, but fingers crossed. Can't be a worse signing than Cornelius was.

BTW, Jokeren, if we use your definition for 'top player' then we've never signed one under any manager ever.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 07:50 - Jun 2 with 2582 viewsAngelRangelQS

Reminds me a lot of the Shelvey signing last summer
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 10:05 - Jun 2 with 2390 viewsJonnyTheJack

We should know more after Tuesday. He's playing for the U21s on Tuesday so he'll make a decision after that.

We're probably paying 1 million more than we should but Twente bought him for 6 million euros from Inter and he has a good scoring record with them, so we can't really kick up a fuss about the price.
Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 10:07 - Jun 2 with 2385 viewscaerleon_jack

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 07:50 - Jun 2 by AngelRangelQS

Reminds me a lot of the Shelvey signing last summer

Just to add some sense to the proceedings.

I once signed Castaignos on loan in FIFA 12, and he was ace so we are definitely getting a 20 goal stiker for peanuts here.

Insert something witty here

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 10:20 - Jun 2 with 2357 viewsmacthejack

Luc Castaignos fee agreed? on 10:05 - Jun 2 by JonnyTheJack

We should know more after Tuesday. He's playing for the U21s on Tuesday so he'll make a decision after that.

We're probably paying 1 million more than we should but Twente bought him for 6 million euros from Inter and he has a good scoring record with them, so we can't really kick up a fuss about the price.

Anyone know if this game will be on some kind of televisual channel?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024