Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New kit 2014-15 21:25 - Mar 27 with 11885 viewsieuan95

Anyone got any news on what the new kit for next season may look like. This season we were poorly informed on the details and were rewarded with a poor generic adidas kit. I really hope adidas can come up with something better for next season,

New kit 2014-15 on 08:20 - Mar 29 with 2444 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 22:21 - Mar 28 by Darran

Proved wrong because he texted one player yeah ok.

So you're a long term sufferer of failure and shite football eh? When was this again?

Oh and as for being too negative for me or Planetswans come to that it isn't about me and it doesn't alter the fact that you're very negative when it comes down to the Swans.

"So your a long time sufferer of failiure and shite football eh ? when was this again? "

Clearly you have only Followed the Swan from the last 10 yrs ..

Apart from a spell 78-81 watching them fall down from the old first to rattling around the lower leagues for 30 odd years was shite, hence crowds of 2-3000 we had our moments of course but it was generally a labour of love and nothing else .

Considering you didnt know anything about Alex ferguson's managerial record while in scotland and you asked " when were we last shite," id say you have only been tuned into the Swans 8yrs maximum, maybe 10 yrs, not that it makes a blind bit of difference mind you.

Welcome to supporting the Swans Darren
New kit 2014-15 on 08:28 - Mar 29 with 2432 viewsDarran

New kit 2014-15 on 08:20 - Mar 29 by icecoldjack

"So your a long time sufferer of failiure and shite football eh ? when was this again? "

Clearly you have only Followed the Swan from the last 10 yrs ..

Apart from a spell 78-81 watching them fall down from the old first to rattling around the lower leagues for 30 odd years was shite, hence crowds of 2-3000 we had our moments of course but it was generally a labour of love and nothing else .

Considering you didnt know anything about Alex ferguson's managerial record while in scotland and you asked " when were we last shite," id say you have only been tuned into the Swans 8yrs maximum, maybe 10 yrs, not that it makes a blind bit of difference mind you.

Welcome to supporting the Swans Darren

Strange comments,very strange comments.

The first blip we've had in a decade and you're talking about something from nearly 40 years ago,weird.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New kit 2014-15 on 08:52 - Mar 29 with 2401 viewsNOTRAC

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the away kit was the home kit.There are only two teams that play in white at home besides ourselves,Spurs and Fulham(who may not be there next season anyway.
Not to have an away kit would be class!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

New kit 2014-15 on 09:00 - Mar 29 with 2392 viewscaerleon_jack

New kit 2014-15 on 08:52 - Mar 29 by NOTRAC

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the away kit was the home kit.There are only two teams that play in white at home besides ourselves,Spurs and Fulham(who may not be there next season anyway.
Not to have an away kit would be class!

Unfortunately we have to have one, but we might be able to get away with the sort of kit Spurs had in the past (which was such a pale blue it wasn't far off white) or when Newcastle had a white away kit (because of course its the black, not the white that might clash with other kits).

Maybe resurrect the black and white hooped shirt someone mentioned earlier, and make it as white as the rules will allow.

Insert something witty here

New kit 2014-15 on 09:19 - Mar 29 with 2379 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 08:28 - Mar 29 by Darran

Strange comments,very strange comments.

The first blip we've had in a decade and you're talking about something from nearly 40 years ago,weird.

Accurate comments,very accurate comments .

Because you never challenged them they must be true

Its also weird why you decided to de rail a perfectly good thread about the kit and ,and you being a MOD tut tut .

So, moving on . Does anybody know if our deal ends this season ? i thought that it did and if thats the case the rumour mill is a bit quiet regarding possible new kit suppliers .

Personally i think Addidas was hit and miss,the sheer size of the company ment we were so far down the chain it would take 4 months to get an extra batch of shirts for sale ,like the centenary shirt for example .

Im sure other companies could have a lead up time far shorter,though ive no idea of how it all works from design .development ,shipment etc .
New kit 2014-15 on 09:22 - Mar 29 with 2373 viewsDarran

New kit 2014-15 on 09:19 - Mar 29 by icecoldjack

Accurate comments,very accurate comments .

Because you never challenged them they must be true

Its also weird why you decided to de rail a perfectly good thread about the kit and ,and you being a MOD tut tut .

So, moving on . Does anybody know if our deal ends this season ? i thought that it did and if thats the case the rumour mill is a bit quiet regarding possible new kit suppliers .

Personally i think Addidas was hit and miss,the sheer size of the company ment we were so far down the chain it would take 4 months to get an extra batch of shirts for sale ,like the centenary shirt for example .

Im sure other companies could have a lead up time far shorter,though ive no idea of how it all works from design .development ,shipment etc .

We'll all men here unfortunately unlike other sites where true relevant comments about someone get removed.

New kit 2014-15 on 09:34 - Mar 29 with 2356 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 09:22 - Mar 29 by Darran

We'll all men here unfortunately unlike other sites where true relevant comments about someone get removed.

Have you told the women that post on here that they are men ??..

Ive no idea what your talking about now to be honest, if you have issues with certain posters on Thejackarmy.net thats your problem,if they are giving you crap and spoiling the forum i will make sure its stopped,we are civiilised men on Thejackarmy.net see Darren .

So, any chance you getting back on thread any time soon, you are a MOD and you should really know better

The kit Darren the kit!!! lets talk about the kit !!
New kit 2014-15 on 21:39 - Apr 10 with 2236 viewsieuan95

Im not too sure when the adidas deal ends, but i cant see much point in resigning with them. The centenary shirt has been the best they produced and all of the others have just been a bit of a let down. Although warrior have a bad reputation for their Liverpool away kits, i think its in their capability to produce something far more original and classic than anything adidas would do next season. I quite liked Liverpools home kit this season, so it may just be a possibility. Smaller sporting companies like warrior, puma, and joma e.t.c are always looking to take over from the bigger companies like nike or adidas. This could potentially bring in more money as well. I like the idea of mostly white with hooped black collars, without the tacky gold sponsor, as a home kit. As an away kit id like a rendition of the light/navy blue kit of the toshack era. Just a thought though not that adidas would ever listen
Login to get fewer ads

New kit 2014-15 on 21:59 - Apr 10 with 2201 viewsicecoldjack

I like the Warrior home kits for Liverpool, they have done a nice job with them, the away kits are obviously done by the apprentice kit designer and he is told to free style and be creative !!

Addidas have been a big let down for me,not so much the designs,which are template anyway but the apparent lead up times and inability to be flexible with orders.

I know the club dont like to have thousands of left over stock(they probably have this season) but the centenary shirt should have been handled a bit better by addidas IMO, im sure they could have knocked out a couple thousand more to cater for demand but basically it looked like they didnt give a fook.

I dont know all the in's and outs but i suspect a smaller kit supplier will also perhaps be a bit more flexible?

Hummell is still a big make over in scandanavia and would be a good fit for us, and we used them before .
New kit 2014-15 on 22:00 - Apr 10 with 2196 viewsElward

For what it's worth Warrior are a brilliant company and not as small as you may think, all my ice hockey kit is custom made my Warrior and whenever dealing with them has always been a pleasure.
New kit 2014-15 on 22:12 - Apr 10 with 2163 viewsicecoldjack

What i should clarify is that i meant that Warrior are smaller than Addidas ,at least in football terms .

Warrior must have serious buying power though ,didnt they out bid reebok or addidas to secure the Liverpool deal ?

Addidas are massive in football terms though and i would be quite happy to move onto somebody different.

Actually some of the Bergoni polo shirts from years back are still working well, much better than some of the Addidas polo shirts ive bought in the last couple years .
New kit 2014-15 on 22:36 - Apr 10 with 2122 viewsDarran

New kit 2014-15 on 22:12 - Apr 10 by icecoldjack

What i should clarify is that i meant that Warrior are smaller than Addidas ,at least in football terms .

Warrior must have serious buying power though ,didnt they out bid reebok or addidas to secure the Liverpool deal ?

Addidas are massive in football terms though and i would be quite happy to move onto somebody different.

Actually some of the Bergoni polo shirts from years back are still working well, much better than some of the Addidas polo shirts ive bought in the last couple years .

Warrior are owned by New Balance and also sponsor the Boston Red Sox,New Balance are based in Boston and so are the Fenway Sports Group who just happen to own Liverpool.
It's not rocket science.

New kit 2014-15 on 23:09 - Apr 10 with 2068 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 22:36 - Apr 10 by Darran

Warrior are owned by New Balance and also sponsor the Boston Red Sox,New Balance are based in Boston and so are the Fenway Sports Group who just happen to own Liverpool.
It's not rocket science.

Yes i know that ,whats your point ?

im talking about the money on offer and the fact they payed more than addidas/reebok to secure the deal .
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 23:11]
New kit 2014-15 on 23:11 - Apr 10 with 2063 viewsDarran

New kit 2014-15 on 23:09 - Apr 10 by icecoldjack

Yes i know that ,whats your point ?

im talking about the money on offer and the fact they payed more than addidas/reebok to secure the deal .
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 23:11]

You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.
You're making out as if the company with serious money is Warrior,it's not it's New Balance.

You knew my point though.

New kit 2014-15 on 23:15 - Apr 10 with 2058 viewsMrSwerve

New kit 2014-15 on 23:11 - Apr 10 by Darran

You're making out as if the company with serious money is Warrior,it's not it's New Balance.

Under Armour

Edit: didnt mean to quote you Darran.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 23:16]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

New kit 2014-15 (n/t) on 23:30 - Apr 10 with 1972 viewsieuan95

[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 23:35]
New kit 2014-15 on 23:32 - Apr 10 with 1970 viewsieuan95

Our away kit this year looks similar to one that cardiff had around the 70s. Surely a dark navy blue with light blue, or even yellow with red are more suitable colours for an away kit. Cant see swansea having a red kit again soon, being so similar to cardiff.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 18:39]
New kit 2014-15 on 23:37 - Apr 10 with 1958 viewsicecoldjack

New kit 2014-15 on 23:11 - Apr 10 by Darran

I love how you split hairs . Lets take it the next step and not call it Warrior at all but New Balance instead ,so Liverpools new New Balance kit is very nice dont you think ?

How do you know the money paid to Liverpool comes from New Balance ? id love to know your answer to this one.

Anyway,the point is that New balance/Warrior offered more than addidas or reebok, while there is plenty of back scratching that goes on in buisness cash is the king , and in fairness, they make a nice kit fair play to them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024