Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Huw Jenkins step down? 23:49 - Feb 4 with 13036 viewsDull1Thomas

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 23:37 - Apr 14 with 2229 viewsChrisSCFC

Yes.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 00:06 - Apr 15 with 2183 viewsDewi1jack

I'm angry at the mo at the sly, underhanded, snide way things have been done.
No honesty. No integrity.
But he's not the only fugger I have no faith/ trust in at the mo as far as the club is concerned.
Get shot of that useless b'stard of a Commercial Director.
And he can take all the useles tw@s he and the board have employed with him as well.

I'd be uncomfortable if Jenkins stayed on, but, I'd rather him leading for a few months until the septics can hire someone who can take the club forward from this debacle.
So that's me getting splinters then!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 00:26 - Apr 15 with 2151 viewsBorojack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 00:06 - Apr 15 by Dewi1jack

I'm angry at the mo at the sly, underhanded, snide way things have been done.
No honesty. No integrity.
But he's not the only fugger I have no faith/ trust in at the mo as far as the club is concerned.
Get shot of that useless b'stard of a Commercial Director.
And he can take all the useles tw@s he and the board have employed with him as well.

I'd be uncomfortable if Jenkins stayed on, but, I'd rather him leading for a few months until the septics can hire someone who can take the club forward from this debacle.
So that's me getting splinters then!

Yes he should

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 00:35 - Apr 15 with 2132 viewsUplandsJack

Absolutely. ...
HJ & LD, get your shit together and get the fook out!!
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 01:58 - Apr 15 with 2083 viewsJJJack

Noticeably not one name has been put forward as a potential replacement for Jenkins.....enough said. The bitters on here are having a field day. Fill your boots lads!
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:49 - Apr 15 with 2072 viewsLoyal

Some relevance here to the fact that Martin Morgan as I understand it didn't want anything to do up front with the club for many years due to the way fans of clubs can change so quickly in their opinions of people.

Seems he was very right.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 07:53 - Apr 15 with 1989 viewsAngelRangelQS

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:49 - Apr 15 by Loyal

Some relevance here to the fact that Martin Morgan as I understand it didn't want anything to do up front with the club for many years due to the way fans of clubs can change so quickly in their opinions of people.

Seems he was very right.

The change in tide towards them is totally their own doing. They deserve all the stick they get IMO
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:09 - Apr 15 with 1969 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A noisy protest outside Morgan's Hotel would be a good step.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:43 - Apr 15 with 1940 viewsBarryTownSwam

In my opinion Huw Jenkins was right to keep the proposed takeover quiet since December. The club was a complete mess at the time on a long run without a win under a manager who was being exposed as increasingly clueless as time went on. There was genuine concern by all connected with the club that we would be relegated and miss out on the golden egg financial boost. I don't recall there being too many kind compliments from the fan base at that time about the character and ability of HJ or his fellow board members. I admit that keeping the takeover quiet until safety had been assured was deceitful and unprofessional and disrespectful to the Trust but maybe they knew the takeover would not happen if we had been relegated ? I suspect that the 40 point safety mark triggered confirmation from the investors that the takeover was 'on'. Is it a case of if we'd gone down there's no takeover and no story and nothing to report so no need to discuss it with the Trust (the only non-selling shareholder. I can imagine the abuse from some on this board being directed at HJ if the takeover was in the public domain alongside the truma of battling relegation with no manager in place and a team playing shite ! Maybe it's best that we didn't know ? Be honest. whT would you have done in HJ's situation?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 8:52]
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:54 - Apr 15 with 1929 viewsSwaneeRiver

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 00:33 - Feb 5 by truckjack

Hang on, what is Jenkins supposed to do, reveal all the behind the scenes discussions and our considered options to the press before even having a meeting with Laudrup? Are you real? Maybe he should also reveal any transfer targets we have in future just to appear 'honest' to the press. Its a game Huw has learnt well, hats off to him.

Exactly. Like any organisation, even voluntary ones, an elected body gets together, makes decisions and sanctions actions which they follow through, without telling the masses.
The minutes of the board meeting are I guess not open to public scrutiny, as would be the records of any discussions between the board, any of it's member and any other private individual.
HJ, is no more duplicitous that the CEO of many major companies (banks, etc) who far from getting ousted, get rewarded with big fat bonuses.
The club is 79% owned by individuals and 21% owned by the Swans Trust.
Sorry, but unless any Swans fans can afford to buy those shares, then HJ (and the others) can sell to whoever they want, subject to due diligence being followed.
It stinks, but it happens every day when businesses are sold, the employees have no say and worse, they then suffer job cuts as the new owners look to make the business more profitable.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:56 - Apr 15 with 1920 viewsPhil_S

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:09 - Apr 15 by felixstowe_jack

A noisy protest outside Morgan's Hotel would be a good step.

I don't think it would to be honest. We are going about things in the right way and ultimately whatever happens here we have to work somewhere with the people whether the deal goes through or not.

If the deal doesn't go through the sellers are still shareholders and if it does so are the buyers

Protests are not what is needed at the moment, we need the detail to understand what is right

IMHO of course
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:00 - Apr 15 with 1916 viewsBarryTownSwam

I agree. The Swans are a multimillion pound global business and must be managed and governed as such. We are not talking about a tin pot local league footy club here and fans should remember this. We are fortunate to have maintained our ownership 'status quo' for so long - maybe fans should be more open and aware of how big business works and just accept change is necessary.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:16 - Apr 15 with 1899 viewsSwaneeRiver

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:00 - Apr 15 by BarryTownSwam

I agree. The Swans are a multimillion pound global business and must be managed and governed as such. We are not talking about a tin pot local league footy club here and fans should remember this. We are fortunate to have maintained our ownership 'status quo' for so long - maybe fans should be more open and aware of how big business works and just accept change is necessary.

Of course change and genuine investment is necessary. However if this is intended to be an asset stripping exercise then I rather we bide our time until genuine investors come along.
BTW HJ should not step down, until he decides he has had enough - I'm not for deposing him. The guy has done too much good for the club to deserve short thrift from the fans now.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 9:17]
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:28 - Apr 15 with 1886 viewsLandore_Jack

There is no doubt that Huw Jenkins & Leigh Dineen have burnt their bridges with the fans.

#backtojack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:53 - Apr 15 with 1851 viewsWarwickHunt

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:00 - Apr 15 by BarryTownSwam

Some of us are very aware of how big business works and that's why we're nervous, especially when six (or twelve, depending on who you believe) months of negotiations have taken place behind the backs of the ST who also happen to own 21.1% of the club.

No problem with change if it's done properly. I fact it's been obvious that something has been needed for a couple of years at least.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:08 - Apr 15 with 1809 viewsDewi1jack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:56 - Apr 15 by Phil_S

I don't think it would to be honest. We are going about things in the right way and ultimately whatever happens here we have to work somewhere with the people whether the deal goes through or not.

If the deal doesn't go through the sellers are still shareholders and if it does so are the buyers

Protests are not what is needed at the moment, we need the detail to understand what is right

IMHO of course

You are of course making sense here.
Trouble is if the deal goes titsup then nothing our present sneaky, underhanded directors say will be believed in any shape or form.

Keeping Jenkins could be the lesser of 2 evils.
Someone who has no clue about football and is likely to ask why the quarter back isn't padded up running the club, or Jenkins?
No brainer. Has to be Jenkins.

All the other directors involved from the start, shouldn't be anywhere near the club, let alone employed by the club. No confidence!

About time we had a properly run commercial department raising revenue for the club.
And, with the expected huge growth in the "Merican" market, maybe, just maybe the buyers will be in it for the long term gain.
We can all hope I s'pose

There's an awful lot of people that are grateful for what the board have done with the club and for that, thanks.

You sneaky, sly, underhanded, snidey b'stards could have taken your money and gone as heroes, if you'd have done this morally, properly with integrity and honesty.
Should have let ALL the shareholders know.
Everyone could have had a look for other possible buyers (so maybe raising the price) and started checking on the buyers. Could have signed a NDA if trust was an issue.
Trust and honesty an issue?
Not everyone is as immoral/ dishonest as some members of the board are.
Take your money and fuk off

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:20 - Apr 15 with 1791 viewsjojaca

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:08 - Apr 15 by Dewi1jack

You are of course making sense here.
Trouble is if the deal goes titsup then nothing our present sneaky, underhanded directors say will be believed in any shape or form.

Keeping Jenkins could be the lesser of 2 evils.
Someone who has no clue about football and is likely to ask why the quarter back isn't padded up running the club, or Jenkins?
No brainer. Has to be Jenkins.

All the other directors involved from the start, shouldn't be anywhere near the club, let alone employed by the club. No confidence!

About time we had a properly run commercial department raising revenue for the club.
And, with the expected huge growth in the "Merican" market, maybe, just maybe the buyers will be in it for the long term gain.
We can all hope I s'pose

There's an awful lot of people that are grateful for what the board have done with the club and for that, thanks.

You sneaky, sly, underhanded, snidey b'stards could have taken your money and gone as heroes, if you'd have done this morally, properly with integrity and honesty.
Should have let ALL the shareholders know.
Everyone could have had a look for other possible buyers (so maybe raising the price) and started checking on the buyers. Could have signed a NDA if trust was an issue.
Trust and honesty an issue?
Not everyone is as immoral/ dishonest as some members of the board are.
Take your money and fuk off

I don't think your going to have long queue of people preparing to spend £100 million into the football club and it's case of getting the money and running unfortunately and praying that it works out. But Huw Jenkins is still the best chairman in the world, the board have worked wonders over the years. There is a lot of jealousy towards them because how little they invested compared to the returns. Bet we are thinking wish I could have invested all them years back, you didn't.

Even when you know, you never know?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:47 - Apr 15 with 1761 viewsOxOsp

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:43 - Apr 15 by BarryTownSwam

In my opinion Huw Jenkins was right to keep the proposed takeover quiet since December. The club was a complete mess at the time on a long run without a win under a manager who was being exposed as increasingly clueless as time went on. There was genuine concern by all connected with the club that we would be relegated and miss out on the golden egg financial boost. I don't recall there being too many kind compliments from the fan base at that time about the character and ability of HJ or his fellow board members. I admit that keeping the takeover quiet until safety had been assured was deceitful and unprofessional and disrespectful to the Trust but maybe they knew the takeover would not happen if we had been relegated ? I suspect that the 40 point safety mark triggered confirmation from the investors that the takeover was 'on'. Is it a case of if we'd gone down there's no takeover and no story and nothing to report so no need to discuss it with the Trust (the only non-selling shareholder. I can imagine the abuse from some on this board being directed at HJ if the takeover was in the public domain alongside the truma of battling relegation with no manager in place and a team playing shite ! Maybe it's best that we didn't know ? Be honest. whT would you have done in HJ's situation?

I agree with most of what you said. But to get this far down the line (and this is already a long way past the stage where the last lot got to), without mentioning it to the second largest shareholder, even just out of courtesy, is poor in my view.

It's essential (and probably contractual within the Heads of Terms) that these kind of discussions are kept private for a period of time but it implies that the other directors do not trust Phil and Huw Cooze to keep it under wraps.

We are very lucky to have HJ, but I am disappointed in him for this fact alone. Makes an ongoing relationship between him and the Trust much more difficult.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:05 - Apr 15 with 1726 viewssomersetsimon

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:16 - Apr 15 by SwaneeRiver

Of course change and genuine investment is necessary. However if this is intended to be an asset stripping exercise then I rather we bide our time until genuine investors come along.
BTW HJ should not step down, until he decides he has had enough - I'm not for deposing him. The guy has done too much good for the club to deserve short thrift from the fans now.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 9:17]

But what do you mean by 'genuine investors'? An investor is someone who wants to buy shares in the club because they think those shares will go up in value or they can extract enough of a return through dividends. I haven't really bought into the asset-stripping fears as any action that significantly affected the performance of the team would devalue those assets faster than they could get a return.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:10 - Apr 15 with 1713 viewsAngelRangelQS

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:43 - Apr 15 by BarryTownSwam

There's a world of difference between releasing it to the media and telling the supporters trust who could have used that time to get legal advice, do due diligence etc.

I don't think you'd get many arguing that they were wrong to keep it out of the public domain until we hit 40 points but it doesn't explain why the trust were kept totally in the dark.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:15 - Apr 15 with 1703 viewsJJJack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:47 - Apr 15 by OxOsp

I agree with most of what you said. But to get this far down the line (and this is already a long way past the stage where the last lot got to), without mentioning it to the second largest shareholder, even just out of courtesy, is poor in my view.

It's essential (and probably contractual within the Heads of Terms) that these kind of discussions are kept private for a period of time but it implies that the other directors do not trust Phil and Huw Cooze to keep it under wraps.

We are very lucky to have HJ, but I am disappointed in him for this fact alone. Makes an ongoing relationship between him and the Trust much more difficult.

I think you're being a little unrealistic. I agree with BTS's post. I think we , just because we have the Trust, expect to know far too much. It's not healthy for a successful business to wash dirty linen in public.....same when, for example, we are in for a player/Manager. The Board (ironicaly in this case), do a brilliant job of keeping things quiet at our club....half the time on match days we turn up and find a player is injured....well if we've not heard, chances are the oppo haven't so thats a good thing.
What positive difference could it have made for fans or teh Trust to know about this in advance? Yes we could have "protested". But what I can't understand is that AT SOME POINT the Directors were always going to sell. IF you can make millions and are finding the pressure hard to take, why on Earth wouldn't you sell. I do not believe a single person wouldn't do likewise, given similar circumstances.
Perhaps the Shareholders felt it was too risky to tell the Trust and that it would become public knowledge? I don't know how many people would have had to know if the Trust would have been told - but presumably they would have been obliged to tell Trust members?? If the Americans wanted it kept schtum then so be it.
I'm pretty damn worried about the takeover overall. Venture Capitalists....people need to knwo the meaning of this term....
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:18 - Apr 15 with 1692 viewsLoyal

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 07:53 - Apr 15 by AngelRangelQS

The change in tide towards them is totally their own doing. They deserve all the stick they get IMO

For some people maybe, others just see football as a hobby and non political, this is where people's opinions will differ. The very fact that 15 years ago Martins family were very cautious of any ' obvious ' involvement fearing this very thing is now evident. I remember Dai Penny getting a brick through his window when he hopped off to Cardiff and the so called ' Super Johnny Cornforth ' getting a two minute warning in a bar one evening.Martin Thomas ( he of the West Ham winner in the cup ) was a hero one week and knocked out for being a silly lad the next.

Some pundits ( fck me they think that's a job ) call football fans fickle, ok they are at times but people attached to the club should also remember how we got the club and the type of people that by any means enabled them to run it. It wasn't just fictitious amounts in bags of money etc and a few swans fans and Mel Nurses car park money. There is much more to it and they should be very aware of that. This is the type of person who can make their lives extremely difficult in the local area. However, I am sure the cool millions gained will take the edge off. however I understand money isn't everything, in some cases I think they may well find out if this goes wrong.

I will say this. Remember it was the boards parochial thinking and their unacceptance of 'outsiders' they did not know that maybe made us as a club successful and them as well. Now equally those very things that made them can break them.

It's just an opinion based on what I know, nothing more. They need a Max Clifford without the salivating penis and obscure sexual thinking, a PR guru who can help them out of this mess because at the moment they are sailing towards the Golden Fleece and Jason's Argonauts are waiting for any excuse to do their thing.

I will remain anonymous and enjoy my weekend in Newcastle the with my boy and wife. That for me beats any amount of money.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:24 - Apr 15 with 1678 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Trust is the second biggest shareholder and as such had a reasonable expectation that it would be informed. The Trust might have wanted to sell some or all of its shares. It may have been legal to keep the Trust in the dark but, in the light of the history of the club over the last 15 years, it was morally reprehensible to exclude a board member and second biggest shareholder.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:26 - Apr 15 with 1673 viewsLoyal

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:24 - Apr 15 by Joe_bradshaw

The Trust is the second biggest shareholder and as such had a reasonable expectation that it would be informed. The Trust might have wanted to sell some or all of its shares. It may have been legal to keep the Trust in the dark but, in the light of the history of the club over the last 15 years, it was morally reprehensible to exclude a board member and second biggest shareholder.

And this will always be an issue no matter what.
No repairation can be done, it's unfixable.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:28 - Apr 15 with 1670 viewsLandore_Jack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:15 - Apr 15 by JJJack

I think you're being a little unrealistic. I agree with BTS's post. I think we , just because we have the Trust, expect to know far too much. It's not healthy for a successful business to wash dirty linen in public.....same when, for example, we are in for a player/Manager. The Board (ironicaly in this case), do a brilliant job of keeping things quiet at our club....half the time on match days we turn up and find a player is injured....well if we've not heard, chances are the oppo haven't so thats a good thing.
What positive difference could it have made for fans or teh Trust to know about this in advance? Yes we could have "protested". But what I can't understand is that AT SOME POINT the Directors were always going to sell. IF you can make millions and are finding the pressure hard to take, why on Earth wouldn't you sell. I do not believe a single person wouldn't do likewise, given similar circumstances.
Perhaps the Shareholders felt it was too risky to tell the Trust and that it would become public knowledge? I don't know how many people would have had to know if the Trust would have been told - but presumably they would have been obliged to tell Trust members?? If the Americans wanted it kept schtum then so be it.
I'm pretty damn worried about the takeover overall. Venture Capitalists....people need to knwo the meaning of this term....

The current shareholders have worked with the Trust since 2002. The descent thing would have been to tell the Trust about the potential sale of shares to the Americans. I know they are not obligated to do so but in my view it would have been the right thing to do.

A document was signed in December 2015 agreeing the sale of shares. The trust had no knowledge of this until two weeks ago. As a trust member I feel Huw Jenkins and other shareholders have stabbed the Trust in the back. You may not agree but that is how I feel.

To sign a document without some of the shareholders consent or knowledge speaks volumes about HJ. He had no right to do so, and you can understand why two of the shareholders are very angry.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 11:57]

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024