Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Billy Sharp to Reading 16:44 - Sep 20 with 8364 viewsDieByYourSide

All but done on loan. Why can't we make a sensible Championship signing for once in our lives rather than chasing Adebayor/Defoe etc

He'll do well for them. Not sure how many more strikers of his quality will be available on loan.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:05 - Sep 21 with 2752 viewsPommyhoop

Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:02 - Sep 21 by QPR1882

Sometimes you have to look at situations and react accordenly.With our 1 fit striker we have scored less goals then any of the top 10 teams in the championship and its only our defence/keeper keeping clean sheets that is keeping us top of the pile.Now with injuries to said defence how long will this continue ?.

we have 3 centre backs and 1 of them is injured

we have 3 strikers and 2 of them are injured

the 2 most important positions ( imo ) on the field and we have a zero tolerance on injuries/ suspensions.

Loans/buys are not always the answer, but sometimes they are.

Thing is Clive we have got a short term manager who will always go for a short term fix. We might as well accept that HR isnt going to pick up a promising youngster( unless its an 11 year old from Spuds to develop for them)
and let him or encourage him to go out and get some cover for Austin.Lets worry about the long term when we have got a manager who gives a sh!t about it.
More (Spurs) blood I say.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:09 - Sep 21 with 2749 viewsNorthernr

Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:02 - Sep 21 by QPR1882

Sometimes you have to look at situations and react accordenly.With our 1 fit striker we have scored less goals then any of the top 10 teams in the championship and its only our defence/keeper keeping clean sheets that is keeping us top of the pile.Now with injuries to said defence how long will this continue ?.

we have 3 centre backs and 1 of them is injured

we have 3 strikers and 2 of them are injured

the 2 most important positions ( imo ) on the field and we have a zero tolerance on injuries/ suspensions.

Loans/buys are not always the answer, but sometimes they are.

We should look at our situation with one fit striker and more quality fit midfielders than the rest of the top ten put together and pick a formation to suit.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:33 - Sep 21 with 2713 viewsGrifter

Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:09 - Sep 21 by Northernr

We should look at our situation with one fit striker and more quality fit midfielders than the rest of the top ten put together and pick a formation to suit.

Haven't you previously said it's crucial for us to go up quickly, clive? Teams dropping into the championship in the future will have even juicier parachute payments.

Maybe this season isn't the one for us to intentionally take the hard option, as a means of 'teaching the club a lesson' or whatever.

Strikers are being snaffled up quickly- better to take a reasonable one now than be left with the absolute dregs if Austin gets injured in a month.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 01:04 - Sep 21 with 2700 viewsbaz_qpr

We need a number 9 Billy sharp aint that nor is hitchcock or any of the other kids, Cole IMHO is the player we need to balance the squad
Billy Sharp to Reading on 04:54 - Sep 21 with 2658 viewsLoft1979

Disagree in parts.
We have a really good squad
Biggest worry I have is the centerbacks position if Nedum is out long. I reckon Gary one ill might be tried there in a pinch.

It is amazing that we only dropped 4 points and those were unlucky. We lost AJ, toilet, and did not have Matt for most of the last 7 games. Zam is not fit, now done for. kranc has not even played yet.
Bottom line, is the skill players have not even featured yet. sWP is doing a cameo as a winger. But Hoilet , Phillips and Krank are the guys we need to open up defenses. Once they get going the real QPR will up and running.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 05:29 - Sep 21 with 2649 viewsjamois

Seems everyone is agreed that our success (financial and otherwise) is predicated on going straight back up at the first attempt. With that in mind, why would we cut our nose to spite our face? Yes Clive you're right, we've been feckin awful at building a balanced squad, at investing in youth development, in coaching players and creating a QPR ethos. But now is not the right time to not get a decent striker in to support Austin when we can certainly afford to do so. The management is slowly correcting the wrongs of our more recent regimes, but given the wages we're most likely currently paying, not signing another striker would be a step too far at this point IMO.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Billy Sharp to Reading on 07:12 - Sep 21 with 2633 viewsRanger78

Billy Sharp to Reading on 23:03 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Most other clubs in this league wouldn't have a fcking choice mate. Most other clubs in this league could only dream of starting a season with Zamora, Johnson and Austin as their starting strike force. They'd have to bankrupt their club to get them and if they got injured they'd be absolutely fcking fcked for the next three years. QPR have them and say "we could do with some more" and then when they get injured immediately say "transfer, transfer, transfer". We're playing a club tomorrow who's strike force is one Irish lad they got from Carlisle for £50,000. He's injured as well as it turns out. What are they doing? Coping. No Billy Sharp for them.

Cope with it. Play Austin, rotate him with a youth teamer, use the 378 midfielders we're paying. It would do QPR good, medium and long term, to actually realise squads need to be cultivated over time so you've got options to cope with such mishaps. It's lazy, short termist and causing us problems that we always seek to cure every ill with another signing or loan.

Or more blood. Whatever. Fcking football club.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I agree with your point entirely.

However, we have Harry Redknapp in charge..... it's unrealistic expecting him to do anything different.

His career track record shows that his way of getting out of any kind if problem is to sign more players. It's crazy anyway that we have a squad top heavy of midfield players!

Like it or not, I expect to see Cartlon Cole come in on loan
(No subject) (n/t) on 07:57 - Sep 21 with 2614 viewsLoft1979

Billy Sharp to Reading on 07:12 - Sep 21 by Ranger78

I agree with your point entirely.

However, we have Harry Redknapp in charge..... it's unrealistic expecting him to do anything different.

His career track record shows that his way of getting out of any kind if problem is to sign more players. It's crazy anyway that we have a squad top heavy of midfield players!

Like it or not, I expect to see Cartlon Cole come in on loan

Login to get fewer ads

Billy Sharp to Reading on 08:17 - Sep 21 with 2601 viewscorse

ohh the misery...but it was pretty silly to start the season with only austin, zamora and johnson. cause it seems that hitchcock wont get any minutes.
two of those four... well three...mentioned are injury prone and very well past their best before date. even in championship.
and face it. our opponents have not been from the top of the table yet. more from below mid table. for what ive seen so far there is a lot of work to be done if we re about to get any points from leicester, watford,reading,forest.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 09:53 - Sep 21 with 2565 viewsscot1963

would have been worth getting just to stop him scoring against us - if my memory hasn't failed (and it may well have done) every time I looked he was scoring a goal against us for whichever team he happened to be playing for
Billy Sharp to Reading on 14:40 - Sep 21 with 2488 viewsHollowayRanger

we could be playing

3-7-0

if we lose another centreback and austin then!

im not saying spend x amount of millions on 4 year contracts

but baird has signed for reading on a deal till January!!! couldnt we even just match that!

calton cole on a season deal max would be good

otherwise just a couple of loans to give us options an vital cover

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Billy Sharp to Reading on 14:47 - Sep 21 with 2485 viewsisawqpratwcity

Billy Sharp to Reading on 14:40 - Sep 21 by HollowayRanger

we could be playing

3-7-0

if we lose another centreback and austin then!

im not saying spend x amount of millions on 4 year contracts

but baird has signed for reading on a deal till January!!! couldnt we even just match that!

calton cole on a season deal max would be good

otherwise just a couple of loans to give us options an vital cover

Look' I sympathise, Holloway. I know that you, too, have been arguing for more strikers.

Sit back and see what unfolds.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Billy Sharp to Reading on 14:52 - Sep 21 with 2477 viewsJonDoeman

Billy Sharp to Reading on 00:05 - Sep 21 by Pommyhoop

Thing is Clive we have got a short term manager who will always go for a short term fix. We might as well accept that HR isnt going to pick up a promising youngster( unless its an 11 year old from Spuds to develop for them)
and let him or encourage him to go out and get some cover for Austin.Lets worry about the long term when we have got a manager who gives a sh!t about it.
More (Spurs) blood I say.

Your hatred of Harry is causing you to post a load of bollocks Pom...!!!
[Post edited 21 Sep 2013 15:38]

It Is What It Is !!

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:29 - Sep 21 with 2416 viewsHollowayRanger

Billy Sharp to Reading on 14:47 - Sep 21 by isawqpratwcity

Look' I sympathise, Holloway. I know that you, too, have been arguing for more strikers.

Sit back and see what unfolds.

i think we all know whats needed including harry but i get thefeeling he's waiting again for a biggie like hooper parker baird were and if he isnt careful will be left with nothing

very very nearly another 2 points dropped today to join the two lost v brighton

not saying another striker would have made a difference but at least we would have more options

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:35 - Sep 21 with 2409 viewsQPR1882

Billy Sharp to Reading on 17:29 - Sep 21 by HollowayRanger

i think we all know whats needed including harry but i get thefeeling he's waiting again for a biggie like hooper parker baird were and if he isnt careful will be left with nothing

very very nearly another 2 points dropped today to join the two lost v brighton

not saying another striker would have made a difference but at least we would have more options

Apart from the penalty we never had a single shot on target. Once again if it was not for the defence/keeper we would not be top of the pile.

Not rocket science to know we need a striker to support what we already have.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:01 - Sep 21 with 2384 viewsbaz_qpr

Surely if we've not had a single shot on target it suggests the issue is creating chances not finishing them.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:10 - Sep 21 with 2373 viewsQPR1882

Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:01 - Sep 21 by baz_qpr

Surely if we've not had a single shot on target it suggests the issue is creating chances not finishing them.

We had 7 shots on goal but none on target, so we are creating chances.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 15:14 - Sep 22 with 2303 viewsLoft1979

Billy Sharp to Reading on 18:10 - Sep 21 by QPR1882

We had 7 shots on goal but none on target, so we are creating chances.

Interesting debate:
Based on the last few comments, we observe; chances are being made, but not taken.
- Are they clear cut? Several were.
- Why the concern? Injuries to Hoilet and AJ . WITH AJ and Hoilet our attack looked alot better. Concern? Baird, Bridge and Adam LeFondre & Pogreybnak at Reading. They started slow, but Baird might galvanize them.

MY ASSESSMENT: I think Matt Phillips and Hoilet will diffuse alot of issues and Austin will score his share. But Austin needs a supply chain. AJ took a lot of pressure away. I think Cole will do likewise.
Billy Sharp to Reading on 15:44 - Sep 22 with 2279 viewsJonDoeman

@NickGodwinsport 21m

No Defoe on the bench. Don't think he's injured. Not saying anything else. Kane is only out and out striker named as sub #thfc

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024