Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! 16:45 - Sep 1 with 3050 viewsJackfath

Hey! Here's an idea! Instead of asking where are the "doom and gloom merchants" and you "cant believe the negativity" on here - here's a novel idea for you.

Instead of starting a new thread asking about the above, why not post something of your own opinion, which is positive about the game? There are so many who are content just to have a go at those who offer their opinion, they store up the posts and then come on here and have a pop at the poster who "dared" to offer his opinion.

Carazy Swans fans. Having a go at the people who are "having a go". Now here's me having a go at the people having a go, having a go.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 16:56 - Sep 1 with 3020 viewsPrivate_Partz

Indeed. That is exactly what you are doing. I just thought you were jumping he gun a bit. You could still be right but it does look a lot more rosey at the mo.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 22:25 - Sep 1 with 2901 viewsborinifanclub

I can't be arsed to have a go at you you negative twaat......you are happy now with a win

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 22:28 - Sep 1 with 2883 viewsmawdlamjack

all rosy in the garden today mun, except for the tosser having a pop at bony innit

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 23:13 - Sep 1 with 2845 viewsGeoffThom

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 22:28 - Sep 1 by mawdlamjack

all rosy in the garden today mun, except for the tosser having a pop at bony innit

If you can't debate civilly do us a favour and keep the abuse to yourself
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 09:59 - Sep 2 with 2778 viewsperchrockjack

Why should this board be only for positive comments.
If serious, with all due respect, the most ridiculous post for some time.
If we all post what is deemed positive, this board will be futile.

I discuss matters with chums and we all exchange opinions, thats ALL opinions.

Its this attitude that is keeping people from this site

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 12:00 - Sep 2 with 2719 viewsSpratty

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 09:59 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

Why should this board be only for positive comments.
If serious, with all due respect, the most ridiculous post for some time.
If we all post what is deemed positive, this board will be futile.

I discuss matters with chums and we all exchange opinions, thats ALL opinions.

Its this attitude that is keeping people from this site

I find that p ost rather negative
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 13:06 - Sep 2 with 2663 views2face

OK here are my opinions on why Jackfath is wrong. Not in general but in his latest posts that imo has been more negative than usual. And wrongly so I think.

- He has been too impatient and has concluded too much after just 2 games of the season.

- Jackfath does not appear to appreciate that the opponent also has a say in the outcome of a game. Ie. world class opponents just might have the tools to make a mid table team look bad.

- He does not appear to appreciate that getting a team to gel is a process. There are stages. New players from far away countries does not often play fantastic from day one. You should appreciate the journey and the struggle and not just the end product when everything is great. So if everything is not working perfectly from day one, it doesn't necessary mean something is wrong, it could mean that we are at the beginning of a process.

This of course is just my opinion and I might have misinterpreted Jackfath's comments. Also since I'm not a native English speaker, I might just have said a load of bollox.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2013 13:12]
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 13:24 - Sep 2 with 2629 viewsSpratty

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 13:06 - Sep 2 by 2face

OK here are my opinions on why Jackfath is wrong. Not in general but in his latest posts that imo has been more negative than usual. And wrongly so I think.

- He has been too impatient and has concluded too much after just 2 games of the season.

- Jackfath does not appear to appreciate that the opponent also has a say in the outcome of a game. Ie. world class opponents just might have the tools to make a mid table team look bad.

- He does not appear to appreciate that getting a team to gel is a process. There are stages. New players from far away countries does not often play fantastic from day one. You should appreciate the journey and the struggle and not just the end product when everything is great. So if everything is not working perfectly from day one, it doesn't necessary mean something is wrong, it could mean that we are at the beginning of a process.

This of course is just my opinion and I might have misinterpreted Jackfath's comments. Also since I'm not a native English speaker, I might just have said a load of bollox.

I agree JF comments more negative recently.

I think you present a good argument. However IMHO there is an alternative possibility.

JF likes to gently wind things up to create posts and was quite effective on the old site

He has complained that people do not listen to him on this new site.

Given his old persona is not as effective here he has changed tack and is posting more controversial / negative comments in order to prompt a better reaction.

I am a native English speaker but equally may have just posted a load of bollox. Your English is excellent and totally fluent.
Login to get fewer ads

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 14:05 - Sep 2 with 2599 viewsperchrockjack

This site is obsessed with Physics.
I just want to know WHO decides what s positive or negative and why its important.

PLEASE ANSWER ...

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 15:32 - Sep 2 with 2558 viewsJokeren1943

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 14:05 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

I just want to know WHO decides what s positive or negative and why its important.

PLEASE ANSWER ...

What decides what is positive or negative......

Ehhhhhh - Free Will?
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 18:57 - Sep 2 with 2462 viewstownhill_boi

Yes cheer up people were going on a european tour :D bring on benidorm
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 19:01 - Sep 2 with 2448 viewsborinifanclub

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 13:06 - Sep 2 by 2face

Your bollox talk more sense than the stirmonger op

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 19:15 - Sep 2 with 2433 viewsfreewheeling

" Given his old persona is not as effective here he has changed tack and is posting more controversial / negative comments in order to prompt a better reaction. "

Seems to me he has grown a pair since the new improved site.

Saying that, he's not the only who's been a trifle negative after just a couple of games.
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 20:08 - Sep 2 with 2405 viewsyescomeon

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 14:05 - Sep 2 by perchrockjack

PLEASE ANSWER ...

As in matter and antimatter anihilation?

Upthecity!

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 20:15 - Sep 2 with 2379 viewsJackfath

Jesus. What a load of old shite. People need to read what I wrote.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:06 - Sep 2 with 2321 viewsSpratty

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 20:15 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

Jesus. What a load of old shite. People need to read what I wrote.

You wrote:

There are so many who are content just to have a go at those who offer their opinion

It seems you are the subject of your own complaint

Physician heal thy self ( oops of course you are not a doctor anymore)
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:15 - Sep 2 with 2308 viewsJackfath

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:06 - Sep 2 by Spratty

You wrote:

There are so many who are content just to have a go at those who offer their opinion

It seems you are the subject of your own complaint

Physician heal thy self ( oops of course you are not a doctor anymore)

kinell you're well clever you are.

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:47 - Sep 2 with 2288 viewsSpratty

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:15 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

kinell you're well clever you are.

Well what can I say

Ah that's it: stop taking the p!ss JF
People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:48 - Sep 2 with 2286 viewsJackfath

I was being nice FFS!

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:49 - Sep 2 with 2283 viewsSpratty

People coming on to point out doom and gloom etc! on 21:48 - Sep 2 by Jackfath

I was being nice FFS!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024