Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? 14:32 - Jun 29 with 8636 viewsrobshaker

Its been nearly 24 hr since we signed Nathan Cameron and Greg McDermott and not a whiff of it on here??
Oh hang on is it because there decent signings along with Grimes and Roberts.

All coming together now I see, wonder who else we will sign in the coming weeks?

Its always been ace being a Bury fan, never a dull moment.

(still live and breathe us I see, nothing changes eh)

"this famous old club"
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 19:13 - Jun 29 with 2556 viewsBrierls

You've just posted it, Rob. Like a Phoenix from the flames. #revolution #buryareback
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 20:08 - Jun 29 with 2479 viewsYouTubeDale

How much of their mortgage money are they still spending on Bishop??

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 20:10 - Jun 29 with 2475 viewsYouTubeDale

More funny links...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 22:50 - Jun 29 with 2392 viewspnc4eva1

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 17:17 - Jun 29 by robshaker

who knows whats round the corner luv..

I really do hope I'm wrong rob but unfortunately the former owners of Brighton, Doncaster, Rotherham and Portsmouth keep springing to mind

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 02:23 - Jun 30 with 2346 viewsHopwoodblue

You've only got to look at Darlington,Stockport,Lincoln,Halifax etc who have all taken the piss out of little old Rochdale over the last 30 years or so,but hey here we are preparing for another season in the Rochdale league,but I wonder what those fans would give to be in our position now.It eventually catches up with you and bUry are no different to anyone else and unless lessons are learned then misery beckons for the shakers fans I'm afraid!

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 06:28 - Jun 30 with 2332 viewsdavidab2202

Glad that you have made at least a start to the rebuilding of a team fit to grace Gigg Lane.The problem appeared to me that with so few players signed up, and with the season start on the horizon,I am a bit surprised that players are prepared to sign with the thought at the back of the mind"when will it get to the stage that I am not going to get paid" unless they have all been paid in advance for the season with your new found wealth.
All the hoo-ha about signing someone from Coventry-lets be fair another club without a pot to p**s in-doesn't make a lot of sense.Time will tell whether he is "fit for purpose".I haven't noticed on here -even with Dale blinkers on- any shouting about signing a Premiership player.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 11:40 - Jun 30 with 2241 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 06:28 - Jun 30 by davidab2202

Glad that you have made at least a start to the rebuilding of a team fit to grace Gigg Lane.The problem appeared to me that with so few players signed up, and with the season start on the horizon,I am a bit surprised that players are prepared to sign with the thought at the back of the mind"when will it get to the stage that I am not going to get paid" unless they have all been paid in advance for the season with your new found wealth.
All the hoo-ha about signing someone from Coventry-lets be fair another club without a pot to p**s in-doesn't make a lot of sense.Time will tell whether he is "fit for purpose".I haven't noticed on here -even with Dale blinkers on- any shouting about signing a Premiership player.

I got told yesterday that bURY had sold 1600 season tickets.

So the £320,000 plus the £200,000 ish they got by selling players has created a nice cash flow pot, but how long will it last?

A gate of 2,500 is decent, so with the cheap tickets 900 fans paying an average of £12 once a fortnight, just doesnt stack up?

The ground already mortgaged, really does spell trouble.

But hey ho, at least they stole Ashley Grimes off .............Cheltenham!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 20:16 - Jun 30 with 2144 viewsmacro

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 22:50 - Jun 29 by pnc4eva1

I really do hope I'm wrong rob but unfortunately the former owners of Brighton, Doncaster, Rotherham and Portsmouth keep springing to mind

yep but 3 of those 4 teams are in a higher division. I prefer the rochdale way but unfortunately cheating pays sometimes, then you get darlo and stockport...
Login to get fewer ads

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 20:27 - Jun 30 with 2130 viewsSuddenLad

Luton Town.

Another 'famous old club' who couldn't abide by the financial rules.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 07:41 - Jul 1 with 2003 viewsaleanddale

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 20:16 - Jun 30 by macro

yep but 3 of those 4 teams are in a higher division. I prefer the rochdale way but unfortunately cheating pays sometimes, then you get darlo and stockport...

Southampton are the biggest culprits in my book.

Tens of millions they just wrote off - sending several businesses into bankrupcy and look at them now - premiership fat cats and if the worse happens and they get relegated then they have a THIRTY MILLION parachute payment to fall back on.

Its a disgrace really but the FA are so weak they just let clubs do this time and time again.

Onto Bury - one or two decent signings but to me it still looks like misfits and miscreants X1.

Journeymen balanced with not quite good enoughs MAY get you league survival but i predict a long hard season for bURY and some interesting times ahead when the short term fund generated through ST runs dry and players that still expect a a salary in March April May and June!!!.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 13:27 - Jul 2 with 1862 viewsfitzochris

Fair play to Bury for this signing too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23146322

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 15:02 - Jul 2 with 1787 viewsScunnydale

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 13:27 - Jul 2 by fitzochris

Fair play to Bury for this signing too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23146322

Good signing, but the article on their website reads like something out of Pravda.

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/sheer-determination-pays-off-890077.aspx
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 15:45 - Jul 2 with 1727 viewsD_Alien

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 15:02 - Jul 2 by Scunnydale

Good signing, but the article on their website reads like something out of Pravda.

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/sheer-determination-pays-off-890077.aspx

The Future's Bright - The Future's Day-Glo Orange

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 15:55 - Jul 2 with 1697 viewsBigKindo

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 20:27 - Jun 30 by SuddenLad

Luton Town.

Another 'famous old club' who couldn't abide by the financial rules.

What about Plymouth who allegedly even screwed the St. Johns Ambulance Brigade for a fair few bob.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:04 - Jul 2 with 1682 viewsColDale

the ability to sign players was never an issue with Bury. The issue is about the way the club has been financed under this new regime, the charge placed upon the ground and its close ties to people with a track record of harming football clubs. It would appear this is no longer a concern now that they've signed a couple of half decent players.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:06 - Jul 2 with 1667 viewsSuddenLad

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:04 - Jul 2 by ColDale

the ability to sign players was never an issue with Bury. The issue is about the way the club has been financed under this new regime, the charge placed upon the ground and its close ties to people with a track record of harming football clubs. It would appear this is no longer a concern now that they've signed a couple of half decent players.

So it seems.

Hook, Line, Sinker.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:23 - Jul 2 with 1646 viewsBarryStrange

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:06 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

So it seems.

Hook, Line, Sinker.

Not for all of us. Pleased with the return of Soares as I am (if he could look good alongside the garbage he was playing with last season he can seriously play); I am far from alone in wondering how it is all being paid for.

And suspecting it is not.

Who knows - maybe I am just irredeemably miserable but the quality of the signings so far (keeping in mind even if Grimes accepted less than Cheltenham would have paid because he couldn't be bothered moving we must have outbid Northampton for Cameron) makes me concerned not about the quality on the pitch but the affordability off it.

The one thing, oddly, that gives me cause for cheer is the tie ins with local business; which will surely anchor the club in the community better than it has been in a while.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:27 - Jul 2 with 1641 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:23 - Jul 2 by BarryStrange

Not for all of us. Pleased with the return of Soares as I am (if he could look good alongside the garbage he was playing with last season he can seriously play); I am far from alone in wondering how it is all being paid for.

And suspecting it is not.

Who knows - maybe I am just irredeemably miserable but the quality of the signings so far (keeping in mind even if Grimes accepted less than Cheltenham would have paid because he couldn't be bothered moving we must have outbid Northampton for Cameron) makes me concerned not about the quality on the pitch but the affordability off it.

The one thing, oddly, that gives me cause for cheer is the tie ins with local business; which will surely anchor the club in the community better than it has been in a while.

Some really good signings BS, but do you believe that they are only on £800/week or is this Mr Days first whopper?

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:43 - Jul 2 with 1611 viewsBarryStrange

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:27 - Jul 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Some really good signings BS, but do you believe that they are only on £800/week or is this Mr Days first whopper?

Some of them will be - but I really can't see that Roberts or Cameron are.

Suspect Grimes is on something similar to what you lot paid him last season, and Holden and McDermott won't be on a lot.

Personally I thought hiding the ground mortgage was a fairly big and early whopper but there you go.

I will only trust them if they're still here and we're still a solvent league club in a few years. Not holding my breath.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:48 - Jul 2 with 1594 viewsjudd

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:43 - Jul 2 by BarryStrange

Some of them will be - but I really can't see that Roberts or Cameron are.

Suspect Grimes is on something similar to what you lot paid him last season, and Holden and McDermott won't be on a lot.

Personally I thought hiding the ground mortgage was a fairly big and early whopper but there you go.

I will only trust them if they're still here and we're still a solvent league club in a few years. Not holding my breath.

What are the tie-ins with the local businesses that you refer to, Barry?

Poll: What is it to be then?

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:50 - Jul 2 with 1589 viewsceme_ender

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:27 - Jul 2 by SteTsGoldenBoot

When has chairman or any one at club said we will only pay £800 per week?
I haven't seen it anywhere?

Do you really think tom soures would sign a two year contract on £800 a week with zubar to follow shortly. Pretty unlikely.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:55 - Jul 2 with 1564 viewsfermin

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 15:55 - Jul 2 by BigKindo

What about Plymouth who allegedly even screwed the St. Johns Ambulance Brigade for a fair few bob.

And here's another one:

http://www.theshots.co.uk/news/article/130702jointstatement-890570.aspx
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 17:13 - Jul 2 with 1538 viewsBarryStrange

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:48 - Jul 2 by judd

What are the tie-ins with the local businesses that you refer to, Barry?

It's called something like the Business Partnership Initiative - essentially the club buys local, presumably at mates rates, and provides essentially a forum whereby local businesses can get to know each other a bit better and showcase what they can do using the football club - the new gym floor has been put in by a local company for instance.

So the club gets decent rates on stuff that needs doing and the company gets promotional and marketing exposure.

It's only in its infancy (only a few members yet) but seems to me like exactly what the club should be doing to improve its image in the town.
wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 17:38 - Jul 2 with 1518 viewspnc4eva1

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 20:16 - Jun 30 by macro

I was on about dodgy owners who have sold the ground or made it unrealistic for a team to play at home

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 18:13 - Jul 2 with 1476 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

wheres your funny link/thread about our latest signings?? on 16:50 - Jul 2 by ceme_ender

When has chairman or any one at club said we will only pay £800 per week?
I haven't seen it anywhere?

Do you really think tom soures would sign a two year contract on £800 a week with zubar to follow shortly. Pretty unlikely.

No, I reckon that they will be on twice that amount.

Did Stewie not say about the £800 on GMR?

A few of my bury supporting mates were the ones that told me, however perhaps they were talking about what you can afford to pay players rather than will pay them!

Same old, same old!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024