Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... 17:28 - Jan 4 with 5078 viewsColDale

I'm talking off the field stuff here, but if Dale were to almost relaunch itself for the 2013-14 season, what improvements would you like to see happen?
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 17:41 - Jan 4 with 2265 viewsTTNYear

Total restructure of the club on the non playing side... Then we can start talking about introducing schemes and plans

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 2222 views442Dale

Consulting supporters on ANYTHING that could affect them. Getting a different viewpoint often leads to ideas to improve.

Transparency and explainations surrounding decision making.

Admit to mistakes and illustrate a desire to improve. Excuses are not acceptable, only suggestions for solutions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 17:54 - Jan 4 with 2210 viewsShun

A wider youth scouting network, better youth facilities. Not sure how achievable any of this is on our budget, but I'd basically like to see more youngsters come through and get sold on. Crewe aren't much bigger than us yet they still do it even today. Copy them.
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 17:59 - Jan 4 with 2186 viewsphomem

I'd say a restructuring commercially and trying to develop ways that the stadium can raise more money. Getting rid of the tenants as well
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:00 - Jan 4 with 2183 viewsTVOS1907

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 17:54 - Jan 4 by Shun

A wider youth scouting network, better youth facilities. Not sure how achievable any of this is on our budget, but I'd basically like to see more youngsters come through and get sold on. Crewe aren't much bigger than us yet they still do it even today. Copy them.

Good idea, but Crewe have had their system in place for nigh on 25 years and it's probably paid for itself by now with the transfer fees they have attracted.

I worry that despite how successful the youth team seem to be in their own competitions, none of them appear to be staking a serious claim for the first team, Joel Logan's 10 minutes at Plymouth excepted.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:08 - Jan 4 with 2151 viewselectricblue

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:00 - Jan 4 by TVOS1907

Good idea, but Crewe have had their system in place for nigh on 25 years and it's probably paid for itself by now with the transfer fees they have attracted.

I worry that despite how successful the youth team seem to be in their own competitions, none of them appear to be staking a serious claim for the first team, Joel Logan's 10 minutes at Plymouth excepted.

You have to applaud the youth coaches over the past 5yrs or more for producing decent teams..
The way i see it the first manager as to take the blame here.
I dont think appart from hill any other manager over the years have been willing to take a gamble..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 2126 viewsG_Dale

make it easier to book on the coach for away games, or to even find out the slightest bit of information for it on the official site.

keep up with the vouchers in the season ticket booklet

more events like the Fifa night (i know the trust did this, but yeah)

daleplayer commentry that actually worked

tazzy given his own colum/page in the match day programmes

better priced merch (although i realise this may be impossible)

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:18 - Jan 4 with 2121 viewsChaffRAFC

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:00 - Jan 4 by TVOS1907

That's always been my point, a youth team shouldn't be regarded as successful for winning trophies but for how many professionals it develops.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Login to get fewer ads

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:20 - Jan 4 with 2114 viewsRalphs12

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:18 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

That's always been my point, a youth team shouldn't be regarded as successful for winning trophies but for how many professionals it develops.

+1
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:21 - Jan 4 with 2103 viewsphomem

It's being in the position to give the yts a chance I thought Logan could have been used more from the bench.
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:22 - Jan 4 with 2099 viewsTVOS1907

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:15 - Jan 4 by G_Dale

make it easier to book on the coach for away games, or to even find out the slightest bit of information for it on the official site.

keep up with the vouchers in the season ticket booklet

more events like the Fifa night (i know the trust did this, but yeah)

daleplayer commentry that actually worked

tazzy given his own colum/page in the match day programmes

better priced merch (although i realise this may be impossible)

I'm still waiting for his Olympics write-up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:33 - Jan 4 with 2065 viewsThe_DJ

Change the music at half time from that indie shyte and freeze season ticket prices or very few will be sold next year.
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:43 - Jan 4 with 2031 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's got to be to get rid of Hornets and any hold that RMBC have on San Spotty!

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:50 - Jan 4 with 2004 viewsisitme

Greater accountability for work undertaken at the club. As supporters we should know who is in charge of what.

I think that Leighanne is in charge of the website and that it has improved markedly both in terms of content quality and volume (I know the layout is not great, but that is not her fault, but the company who runs the site's fault).

Who is in charge of running the club shop? How many shirts have been sold this season? How much of a profit is it making?

Now some of this may not be information that can be shared with supporters, but their is a feeling that people are paid regardless of success or failure. Could performance incentives be brought in? An increase in sales at the club shop = a nice bonus?

Online bookings for coaches and tickets really needs sorting out. It has been in the pipeline for years, but never introduced.

The family day at the beginning of the season was a good idea. Could there not be more Dale related functions, arranged by the club, rather than just by the Trust. Something every couple of months, but which appeal to different type of people?

I think what needs to be engendered is an attachment to the club, which is not just turning up to the games and finding that only one refreshment kiosk is open and they have run out of hot chocolate!
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:51 - Jan 4 with 1999 viewschuckleberry

The club need to accept that the football itself isn't enough to entice new spectators to Spotland and need to consider new ways of marketing and publicity to increase revenue. This needs to include targeting our future generation, talk to them!

Coach needs to have other pick up points such as the town centre, Spotland isn't convenient for all.

A presence in the town centre, particularly in the run up to Christmas or a big game. If a stall can sell calendars surely the club could?

Am sure all of this has been mentioned before though. Several times.

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:53 - Jan 4 with 1985 views442Dale

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:50 - Jan 4 by isitme

Greater accountability for work undertaken at the club. As supporters we should know who is in charge of what.

I think that Leighanne is in charge of the website and that it has improved markedly both in terms of content quality and volume (I know the layout is not great, but that is not her fault, but the company who runs the site's fault).

Who is in charge of running the club shop? How many shirts have been sold this season? How much of a profit is it making?

Now some of this may not be information that can be shared with supporters, but their is a feeling that people are paid regardless of success or failure. Could performance incentives be brought in? An increase in sales at the club shop = a nice bonus?

Online bookings for coaches and tickets really needs sorting out. It has been in the pipeline for years, but never introduced.

The family day at the beginning of the season was a good idea. Could there not be more Dale related functions, arranged by the club, rather than just by the Trust. Something every couple of months, but which appeal to different type of people?

I think what needs to be engendered is an attachment to the club, which is not just turning up to the games and finding that only one refreshment kiosk is open and they have run out of hot chocolate!

Heard they ran out of pies in the WMG too.

The one kiosk in there is an example of a decision being made with fans not knowing why and their experience suffering accordingly.

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:57 - Jan 4 with 1965 viewsrafc1984

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 17:54 - Jan 4 by Shun

I spoke to JC about scouting players, at my meeting with him. To cut a long story short, JC, JB and JH scout as much as possible, with JH doing the majority, sometimes 6 days a week.
I mentioned to him about a couple of players I have seen in the NPL. One at Stocksbridge, and one at Bradford Park Ave, (from last season.) JC said that with the budget being tight, the scouting network is, as what it is at most other L2 sides.
He also said that if anyone saw a player that was deemed to be of suitable quality, to contact the club about them, and they would get them watched.
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:58 - Jan 4 with 1958 views442Dale

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:51 - Jan 4 by chuckleberry

The club need to accept that the football itself isn't enough to entice new spectators to Spotland and need to consider new ways of marketing and publicity to increase revenue. This needs to include targeting our future generation, talk to them!

Coach needs to have other pick up points such as the town centre, Spotland isn't convenient for all.

A presence in the town centre, particularly in the run up to Christmas or a big game. If a stall can sell calendars surely the club could?

Am sure all of this has been mentioned before though. Several times.

That's the bugbear every time I (we) post: it's all been done before.

That it doesn't prevent these threads appearing shows that fans still want improvements and are willing to offer ideas to get there. That in itself should be extremely encouraging for the club.

It's not as though we're posting about there being a recession....

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:00 - Jan 4 with 1953 viewschuckleberry

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 18:58 - Jan 4 by 442Dale

That's the bugbear every time I (we) post: it's all been done before.

That it doesn't prevent these threads appearing shows that fans still want improvements and are willing to offer ideas to get there. That in itself should be extremely encouraging for the club.

It's not as though we're posting about there being a recession....

Recession? What recession?!
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:00 - Jan 4 with 1952 views49thseason

1. Increase the size of the Board and give individual Directors responsibility for aspects of the club (a couple of supporters Trust Directors would be a start).

2. A clear message from the board about their concept for the club over a 10 year period including youth policy, transfer policy, management policy, financial targets etc. And an unswerving commitment to high quality customer relations.

3. Create a plan (and execute it) to double the value of all off-field activities within 12 months — Gold Bond, raffles, shop, hospitality sponsorship, etc.

4. Address the increasingly tatty looking exterior of the club, the match day experience, missing floodlights, crappy sound system etc. etc.

5. Move into the 21st Century with regard to the use of internet ticket booking, direct contact with supporters vie social media etc.

6. PR — It would be good to have some, it would be brilliant to have lots!

7. Open a shop in the town centre and close the one at Spotland except for tickets etc on match days.

8. A flexible ticketing policy which rewards regular attendance similar to a season ticket but paid for match by match (online of course).

9. A comprehensive policy for acquiring new supporters from primary schools up to workplaces including pre-match entertainment, on-site visits, repeat vouchers, inclusion in supporter contacts, existing supporter referral rewards, (bring a mate and save a fiver) etc. etc.

10. A full remodelling of the club’s “brand” including a once and for always strip, ideally in an easily recognisable colour/s which is then reflected in artwork, letterheads, décor, website, logo, mascots, shop, merchandise, Christmas cards, calendars. Blue, sadly does not represent excitement!
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:02 - Jan 4 with 1942 viewsLee_Bullet

Online ticketing is a must, the club is stuck in the dark ages, virtually every club offers this service and it's another scheme that will benefit the fans. Surely it will also make things easier for office staff on match days. When the current ticket system got installed a few seasons ago (could be 5 years ago not sure) we were told online ticketing would be possible and would be implemented, and here we are still doing things the old fashioned way. Surely this is down to Colin Garlic, I believe other staff are all for the idea so what are his reasons for not getting it sorted?
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:05 - Jan 4 with 1923 views442Dale

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:00 - Jan 4 by 49thseason

1. Increase the size of the Board and give individual Directors responsibility for aspects of the club (a couple of supporters Trust Directors would be a start).

2. A clear message from the board about their concept for the club over a 10 year period including youth policy, transfer policy, management policy, financial targets etc. And an unswerving commitment to high quality customer relations.

3. Create a plan (and execute it) to double the value of all off-field activities within 12 months — Gold Bond, raffles, shop, hospitality sponsorship, etc.

4. Address the increasingly tatty looking exterior of the club, the match day experience, missing floodlights, crappy sound system etc. etc.

5. Move into the 21st Century with regard to the use of internet ticket booking, direct contact with supporters vie social media etc.

6. PR — It would be good to have some, it would be brilliant to have lots!

7. Open a shop in the town centre and close the one at Spotland except for tickets etc on match days.

8. A flexible ticketing policy which rewards regular attendance similar to a season ticket but paid for match by match (online of course).

9. A comprehensive policy for acquiring new supporters from primary schools up to workplaces including pre-match entertainment, on-site visits, repeat vouchers, inclusion in supporter contacts, existing supporter referral rewards, (bring a mate and save a fiver) etc. etc.

10. A full remodelling of the club’s “brand” including a once and for always strip, ideally in an easily recognisable colour/s which is then reflected in artwork, letterheads, décor, website, logo, mascots, shop, merchandise, Christmas cards, calendars. Blue, sadly does not represent excitement!

On 10 - we have that. Blue and black is unique in this country. In fact that we don't do more about promoting this fact is another missed opportunity.

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:20 - Jan 4 with 1888 viewsmightydale

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:05 - Jan 4 by 442Dale

On 10 - we have that. Blue and black is unique in this country. In fact that we don't do more about promoting this fact is another missed opportunity.

1, stop charging £18 and £12 for under 16s
2, clean the beers lines in the WMG bar
3, get rid of all deadwood office staff, club shop etc
4, on line ticketing
5, trust member on the board
6, qusetionaire to find out my more and more fans can't be ass
7, tazzy to be cheerleader
8, more interaction between club and fans
9, a club shop in town centre handing out free tickets for kids
10, more youth players given chance
11, employ people who car about the fans and club
12, able to have pie at half time

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:21 - Jan 4 with 1880 viewsColDale

I'd imagine the problem with online ticketing (which I'm all for) is how do we implement it without it being just a gimmick. It works brilliantly at Colchester and Chesterfield, but they have the advantage of a brand new stadium, and have created turnstile system that thrive on online ticketing.

At Dale, we have regular turnstiles, and no queues, and many would then argue, that online ticketing would simply be for the sake of it, and quite possibly a more complex system than is currently in place. Unless we shell out a small fortune on redoing our turnstiles to have barcode entry, would your average fan pay for his ticket online, visit the ticket office to collect it, then go to the turnstile when they can simply just turn up at the turnstile?

Of course, getting an online set up would create so many possibilities, such as tracking supporter attendance habits and allowing marketing to be made in the specific areas plus countless others. I reckon between us we could come up with 100 advantages with such a scheme, but getting the fans to buy into it would be the biggest stumbling block.

I think the only way that the club could push this would be to introduce one of those schemes where admission at the turnstiles rises by £2 on the day. Always hated them schemes, but I think that might be the only way of pushing it through.
Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:27 - Jan 4 with 1854 viewsDale23years

Hypothetically + realistically speaking..... on 19:21 - Jan 4 by ColDale

I'd imagine the problem with online ticketing (which I'm all for) is how do we implement it without it being just a gimmick. It works brilliantly at Colchester and Chesterfield, but they have the advantage of a brand new stadium, and have created turnstile system that thrive on online ticketing.

At Dale, we have regular turnstiles, and no queues, and many would then argue, that online ticketing would simply be for the sake of it, and quite possibly a more complex system than is currently in place. Unless we shell out a small fortune on redoing our turnstiles to have barcode entry, would your average fan pay for his ticket online, visit the ticket office to collect it, then go to the turnstile when they can simply just turn up at the turnstile?

Of course, getting an online set up would create so many possibilities, such as tracking supporter attendance habits and allowing marketing to be made in the specific areas plus countless others. I reckon between us we could come up with 100 advantages with such a scheme, but getting the fans to buy into it would be the biggest stumbling block.

I think the only way that the club could push this would be to introduce one of those schemes where admission at the turnstiles rises by £2 on the day. Always hated them schemes, but I think that might be the only way of pushing it through.

to pay £12 to watch a game of second divison football for a start

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024