Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2013 20:02 - Nov 11 with 5203 viewsseasidedale

Anyone playing this? Playing as Dale and struggling 3rd bottom no matter what formation playing, any suggestions, have a few on loan, including Tk
Football Manager 2013 on 20:32 - Nov 11 with 4144 viewsphomem

Chaff where are you?
Football Manager 2013 on 20:36 - Nov 11 with 4123 viewsthebackrowhero

Yeah in 2nd season now i went up i played either 442 or 4231 dele was a goal machine!!! i signed Eastham from blackpool (advice from chaff) managed to get Nathan Tyson later on in season/ Also Shroot from Stevenage Boro was a good loan for the season. Struggling like mad in L1 now though rock bottom after 5 games!!!
Football Manager 2013 on 20:43 - Nov 11 with 4107 viewsMBoothman

Playing as AFC Fylde, trying to get a team from the very bottom to the very top, just in my first season, 6th in Conf North. Screamers being scored in nearly every game and yet no one can take a penalty properly.

Yes. That IS Sako.

Football Manager 2013 on 20:43 - Nov 11 with 4107 viewshull_dale19

Went up as Dale in my first season, won the league by 5 points playing 4-2-3-1. Managed to sign Shroot permanently and he was different gravy! Grant and Donnelly got 19 goals each. Toni Stahl, Finnish centre half was a decent signing aswell

First season in League 1, currently 4th on Boxing Day, Grant is on fire again! Stand-out signings have been Gary Mackenzie (centre half) from MK Dons and Milan Ivana (striker) from somewhere in Germany both on frees, got Dunphy to pay 35k for Alberto Noguera from Blackpool as well, decent centre mid
Football Manager 2013 on 20:48 - Nov 11 with 4096 viewsmacro

Football Manager 2013 on 20:43 - Nov 11 by MBoothman

Playing as AFC Fylde, trying to get a team from the very bottom to the very top, just in my first season, 6th in Conf North. Screamers being scored in nearly every game and yet no one can take a penalty properly.

You modelling the team penalty wise on Dale?
Football Manager 2013 on 20:58 - Nov 11 with 4081 viewsthebackrowhero

Football Manager 2013 on 20:43 - Nov 11 by hull_dale19

Went up as Dale in my first season, won the league by 5 points playing 4-2-3-1. Managed to sign Shroot permanently and he was different gravy! Grant and Donnelly got 19 goals each. Toni Stahl, Finnish centre half was a decent signing aswell

First season in League 1, currently 4th on Boxing Day, Grant is on fire again! Stand-out signings have been Gary Mackenzie (centre half) from MK Dons and Milan Ivana (striker) from somewhere in Germany both on frees, got Dunphy to pay 35k for Alberto Noguera from Blackpool as well, decent centre mid

Shroot ended going Palace great player
Football Manager 2013 on 21:07 - Nov 11 with 4058 viewsRalphs12

2nd season for me. Missed out on promotion in the play off final!

play 442 with advanced wingers grant and georgie. Tresor Kandol and Grimes as a Poacher is putting them away for fun.

in the first season I had Andre Wisdom from pool and Derick Williams from villa on loan extended his loan into this season.

This season I signed a lad called Benjamin Forster and Fransesco Lisi and added Barry Bannan on loan. Currently 1st in Jan.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Football Manager 2013 on 21:31 - Nov 11 with 4020 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Football Manager 2013 on 21:07 - Nov 11 by Ralphs12

2nd season for me. Missed out on promotion in the play off final!

play 442 with advanced wingers grant and georgie. Tresor Kandol and Grimes as a Poacher is putting them away for fun.

in the first season I had Andre Wisdom from pool and Derick Williams from villa on loan extended his loan into this season.

This season I signed a lad called Benjamin Forster and Fransesco Lisi and added Barry Bannan on loan. Currently 1st in Jan.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Almost finished 3rd season.

1st season - 2nd in League 2 and Runner up of JPT.
2nd season - 8th League 1
3rd season - currently top of League 1 with 3 games to go 6 points clear of 3rd. Also this season got to 5th round of FA Cup - Beating Chelsea at SB 5-3. Unbelievable.

Currently playing an Asymmetric tactic of 2-2-2-2-2 it looks really weird but it bags goals for fun. Scored 94 goals this season.

Only players I have left from current 2012/13 squad are Kennedy & Tutte but they are mostly on the bench. Managed to sell Grant for 525k to Huddersfield.

If anyone is in league 2 still I recommend Andre Wisdom from Liverpool on loan, he was an absolute rock for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 2013 on 22:30 - Nov 11 with 3967 viewsPops2

Football Manager 2013 on 21:31 - Nov 11 by Sandy_lane_lad

Almost finished 3rd season.

1st season - 2nd in League 2 and Runner up of JPT.
2nd season - 8th League 1
3rd season - currently top of League 1 with 3 games to go 6 points clear of 3rd. Also this season got to 5th round of FA Cup - Beating Chelsea at SB 5-3. Unbelievable.

Currently playing an Asymmetric tactic of 2-2-2-2-2 it looks really weird but it bags goals for fun. Scored 94 goals this season.

Only players I have left from current 2012/13 squad are Kennedy & Tutte but they are mostly on the bench. Managed to sell Grant for 525k to Huddersfield.

If anyone is in league 2 still I recommend Andre Wisdom from Liverpool on loan, he was an absolute rock for me.

Play as a different team.
Football Manager 2013 on 22:59 - Nov 11 with 3939 viewsfitzochris

Playing classic mode as Wolves. Pumped my transfer budget on getting Wilfried Zaha from Palace, after getting rid of the guff left by McCarthy and adding to Solbaken's decent signings with loans and freebies.

Currently two points behind leaders Cardiff.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Football Manager 2013 on 08:07 - Nov 12 with 3864 viewsbaroniser

Came top in my first season with 108 points - undefeated in the league!!
Won the JPT beating Tranmere in the final 2-1
Signed Alex Macdonald from Burnley fro around 10K, what a signing! 13 goals and 17 assists from the right hand side. Also signed Wiseman on loan.

Played 4-2-2-2 with Grant and Macdonald on the wings and Adebola and Grimes up top with 53 goals between them.
Adebola was banging them in for me at the start of the season but lost form in the latter parts, so i signed nathan tyson on loan from Derby who got i think 12 goals in 18 appearances.

Sold Donnelly to Preston for 150k and got rid of BBM and Cavanagh on free's aswell as selling Pearson to crawley for around 80k. I replaced him with James Tavernier of Newcastle.

Currently top of league 1 with about 10 games gone, signed Nigel Hasselbaink and a couple of young Centre mids from Scotland on freebies, as I'm playing 4-3-2-1 with 3 in the centre and Grant and Macdonald on the wings with either Hasselbaink, Grimes or a lad called Bowery up top.
Football Manager 2013 on 10:02 - Nov 12 with 3820 viewsAtThePeake

For some reason I've just clicked with Dale. Never managed to get them higher than the lower reaches of League One, but halfway through my second season and I'm currently sat 7 points clear at the top after losing out on the League Two title on goal difference.

Lander Gabilondo is a great right winger you can get on a free at the start of the game. His wages are quite high but he won League 2 players of the year so well worth it.

I also signed former Everton and Charlton striker Marcus Bent for about 10k in the summer after the first season. The coach report isn't great but he's League One top scorer after about 20 games.

Same as a few others have mentioned, 4-4-2/4-2-4 (advanced wingers) is working very well for me.

Had to give it up for a while now however, as we're playing a Premier League network game in the flat. If anyone has any suggestions for me to sign whilst playing as Tottenham (I've never used a PL side before from the start!) much appreciated.

Tangled up in blue.

Football Manager 2013 on 11:59 - Nov 12 with 3781 viewsbaroniser

Football Manager 2013 on 10:02 - Nov 12 by AtThePeake

For some reason I've just clicked with Dale. Never managed to get them higher than the lower reaches of League One, but halfway through my second season and I'm currently sat 7 points clear at the top after losing out on the League Two title on goal difference.

Lander Gabilondo is a great right winger you can get on a free at the start of the game. His wages are quite high but he won League 2 players of the year so well worth it.

I also signed former Everton and Charlton striker Marcus Bent for about 10k in the summer after the first season. The coach report isn't great but he's League One top scorer after about 20 games.

Same as a few others have mentioned, 4-4-2/4-2-4 (advanced wingers) is working very well for me.

Had to give it up for a while now however, as we're playing a Premier League network game in the flat. If anyone has any suggestions for me to sign whilst playing as Tottenham (I've never used a PL side before from the start!) much appreciated.

I always make an effort to sign either Cavani or Neymar (Or both as I did for United) and Thomas Muller from Bayern Munich in my first season. This can be quite expensive though, as Cavani and Neymar will both cost around 35m each (not including add-ons)

Failing that, you can always pick up Mesut Ozil for around 17Million or Mario Gotze from Dortmund.

It all depends on what position you think you need strengthening.
Football Manager 2013 on 13:09 - Nov 12 with 3730 viewsDale1990

Football Manager 2013 on 10:02 - Nov 12 by AtThePeake

I'm Spurs aswell and straight away sold Huddlestone, Dawson, Gomes and Kaboul. With the money I bought Lewandowski for £30 million and Shawcross. I transfer listed Adebayor and Dortmund came in for him. You can get fellaini aswell for around £25 million but you have to do it as soon as you start the game or else City will get him. I've started the season quite well but United have just spanked me 4-1 and half my squad don't listen to me during team-talks.
Football Manager 2013 on 17:43 - Nov 12 with 3652 viewsChaffRAFC

Football Manager 2013 on 20:32 - Nov 11 by phomem

Chaff where are you?

Here!

I'm in the second half of my first season and i'm three points outside the playoffs. Dele Adebola and George Donnelly really struggling for goals (3 in 15 and 6 in 27 respectively) so I've drafted in Chris Dagnall on loan from Barnsley. Ashley Eastham is a top loan signing from Blackpool. Also signed a left back called Lee Colligan who's decent and got Liverpool as a parent club which allowed me to sign Joao Carlos on loan who is also quite decent. Ashley Grimes is far and away my top goalscorer with 17 goals in 29 games. Just managed to buy Max Power from Tranmere for £20k which angered their fans. Signed Dwayne Mattis as a backup as well but he's not had much impact.

Gonna be making some big changes in the summer as well with the likes of BBM, K Mac, Adebola, Curran, Putterill, Smith, M Edwards, Mattis, Byrne, Cavanagh and Abadaki all on my released list at the moment.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Football Manager 2013 on 21:29 - Nov 12 with 3591 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Football Manager 2013 on 17:43 - Nov 12 by ChaffRAFC

Here!

I'm in the second half of my first season and i'm three points outside the playoffs. Dele Adebola and George Donnelly really struggling for goals (3 in 15 and 6 in 27 respectively) so I've drafted in Chris Dagnall on loan from Barnsley. Ashley Eastham is a top loan signing from Blackpool. Also signed a left back called Lee Colligan who's decent and got Liverpool as a parent club which allowed me to sign Joao Carlos on loan who is also quite decent. Ashley Grimes is far and away my top goalscorer with 17 goals in 29 games. Just managed to buy Max Power from Tranmere for £20k which angered their fans. Signed Dwayne Mattis as a backup as well but he's not had much impact.

Gonna be making some big changes in the summer as well with the likes of BBM, K Mac, Adebola, Curran, Putterill, Smith, M Edwards, Mattis, Byrne, Cavanagh and Abadaki all on my released list at the moment.

Got up to the Championship after last nights update.

Due to me keeping tight financial reign over wages/transfer budget, plus my 5th Round FA Cup run in League 1. The board decided to give me 50k p/w on wages and a whopping £1.5mil to spend on players.

Managed to upgrade scouting to all of europe which helps!

Staff wise - appointed recently retired Hernan Crespo as Assistant Manager. (Weird!!)

Strangest thing by far though I've seen on my game is where David Beckham went after he left LA Galaxy.........Rotherham!?!?!?!
Football Manager 2013 on 08:07 - Nov 13 with 3532 viewsseasidedale

Dont know what I'm doing wrong I have tried the tactics suggested and still struggling have won my first game in 13 (mind I have drawn about 7 ) not going to quit though, its Jan so going to make big changes if I dont get fired , any suggestions?
Football Manager 2013 on 08:45 - Nov 13 with 3511 viewsJumeirahDale

Are people using the regular (complicated) mode, or has anyone switched to old-school mode? If the former, how are you guys getting on with training updates, or are you handing it off to Jimmy Bell?
Football Manager 2013 on 08:48 - Nov 13 with 3506 viewsseasidedale

I am using the complicated one, Bell does all the training and matcgh prep
Football Manager 2013 on 08:52 - Nov 13 with 3504 viewsScunnydale

For the first couple of months, I stormed up the league to 1st place, then inexplicably went on a monstrous losing streak, losing to teams like Cheltenham and Bradford 3-0 and 4-1. I went down to 12th at the end of October, but have steadied the ship a little and am back in the play-offs.

I even got threatened with the sack when I was 7th!

Signed some decent players, such as Andre Wisdom and Conor Coady from Liverpool, plus an abnormal amount of Germans - Stefan Kutschke being the best (like a young Adebola in style). Unsurprisingly, our bad run started when he got knacked.

Kennedy has been poor, but banged in some awesome goals. Grimes is doing well though. Lillis less so.
Football Manager 2013 on 15:04 - Nov 13 with 3444 viewsjajadale

I started as Dale but then laptop battery went and I lost my win streak and had to go back 10 games so started up anew game as West Brom.

Bought Anderson from Utd, got Alfie on loan and bought Max Clayton (a youngster from Crewe.)

At Jan 1st I sat in 4th, I strengthend with (or as it turned out bought in wasters) Quagliarella, Sulley Muntari, and Jesus Datolo. They barely played a game as my originals of Brunt, Morrison, Gera, Mulumbu etc were all performing well. Ended up finishing 5th, 4 points off Champs Lg. Did nothing in the cups but didnt worry me. Dawson bagged 11 goals. (tip; if you set up your corners to be aimed near post and then put you best header of the ball on ''attack near post'' this will get you at least 15-20 goals a season. Incidentally Daws wasnt the best header in my team but just wanted him to bag a few)

End of the season board announced expansion of the ground by 10,000 seats, however I had to relocate to the Ricoh arena for the next 10 months!!

Just brought in Thomas Ince for 6m, Will Hughes for 5m (wonder kid from Derby) Andy Carrol, Aly Cissoko and Martin Caceres all on season long loans. Ran out of wage budget and quite a small squad for a Europa league team but raking money in from TV deals so should be give a war chest again in Jan!
Football Manager 2013 on 15:14 - Nov 13 with 3437 viewsRalphs12

Football Manager 2013 on 08:48 - Nov 13 by seasidedale

I am using the complicated one, Bell does all the training and matcgh prep

I use the complicated one. Just remember that bell isnt that great in the grand scheme of coaching, and the players wont be that great if you make it complicated. To be honest i found myself playing better when I left everything as standard.

I also do all the training etc myself
Football Manager 2013 on 20:46 - Nov 19 with 3305 viewsdale58

I'm playing the full version as dale and have only really just started but after 6 games we top the table so it's a promising start.

The main reason im writing is to reveal a few hidden gems and if you try to get them you'll have to work hard cos as i have long known FM doesn't want it too easy for you and your scouts in the early days are very naff.
Main thing you're going to need to get them (most not all) is a bit of patience
Anyway that's the hype here's the list....most have about level 80-90 current ability with potential as high as 140 in a few cases and most about 120.

James Banton-Free
Emmanuel Sarki Free Waasland Beveren
Anibal Capela Free Braga B
Adel Khechim Free Tunisia Under 21's
Oussama Mrabet Free Tunisia Under 21's
Giovanni Oliveri-Free but very hard to get (ive stopped trying for now)
Niels De Loof-Free Torhout (Belgium)

Loans
Andre Wisdom
Luke Garbutt

Great Cheap Buys
Nicholas Bignall 7k Reading
Alex MacDonald 7k Burnley

Good Stocking Fillers (meaning decent fringe players and cheap wages)-From the free list or Transfer listed and all should be free to buy
Elikem Amenku
Luke Dobie
Mirko Ranieri
Kieran Kennedy
Luke Dobie
Niall Burdon

Ive already got rid of Cav and Kev Mc (they just came back from the break and needed more holidays already lol)....Matty Edwards and Dele (mainly cos I needed to free up his wages)....lots of youth players (for the same reason)

The Avi is Dave Cross Forgotten Legend

Football Manager 2013 on 07:01 - Nov 20 with 3219 viewsJumeirahDale

I'm up to November in my first season, and like real life we've been fairly inconsistent but are sitting pretty in 5th with good chance of autos.

Tutte broke his foot in the first game of the season (ouch), but I drafted in Joao Carlos from Liverpool on loan, who has been a revelation alongside JK in centre midfield. Paid 20k for Wes Fletcher from Burnley who plays up front alongside Adil Nabi on loan from WBA, both of them are scoring plenty. Also got a speedy winger called Danny Uchechi. Nigerian and very fast. Like everyone else, I got Wisdom on loan - I'm not that impressed with him though tbh.

Trying to get rid of a few players to fund wages, but struggling to get shot of Dele in particular.

Tried a few different formations but nothing seems to work other than 4-4-2 (little hint for JC there).
Football Manager 2013 on 09:29 - Nov 20 with 3174 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Football Manager 2013 on 07:01 - Nov 20 by JumeirahDale

I'm up to November in my first season, and like real life we've been fairly inconsistent but are sitting pretty in 5th with good chance of autos.

Tutte broke his foot in the first game of the season (ouch), but I drafted in Joao Carlos from Liverpool on loan, who has been a revelation alongside JK in centre midfield. Paid 20k for Wes Fletcher from Burnley who plays up front alongside Adil Nabi on loan from WBA, both of them are scoring plenty. Also got a speedy winger called Danny Uchechi. Nigerian and very fast. Like everyone else, I got Wisdom on loan - I'm not that impressed with him though tbh.

Trying to get rid of a few players to fund wages, but struggling to get shot of Dele in particular.

Tried a few different formations but nothing seems to work other than 4-4-2 (little hint for JC there).

I got Adil Nabi on loan too first season. The guy was awesome, pace just beat everyone. 20+ goals.

I player thats worth buying at end of the season from City is Abdi Ibrahim. (He's actually on the gossip column today on the BBC page). I got him for 5k on about 1.5k a week wages. Top drawer. Just gone back to his native norway after I sold him for a cool 2.5million.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024