Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
park and swp 22:16 - Oct 1 with 2734 viewsGloucs_R

Just going home. Waste of space tnite. Forget the back 4, nowt we can do about injuries but park and SWP were dire.

Poll: Are we staying up?

park and swp on 10:01 - Oct 2 with 590 viewsJamie

park and swp on 09:39 - Oct 2 by westberksr

Park has now had 2 games at left midfield and on neither occassion looked anything more than someone that won a ticket to play in a premiership game in a raffle.

Prior to that I agree with you, but LM he most definately ain't.

99% of Park's game was running his nuts off, harrying, hassling and when Utd broke, putting in lung bursting runs to help the attack.

His engine looks like its blown a head gasket. Poor bloke is running through treacle and not justifying a place in the squad.

Unfortunately, we are trying to build a brand, not a team.
park and swp on 10:05 - Oct 2 with 582 viewsCharlie1

park and swp on 10:01 - Oct 2 by Jamie

99% of Park's game was running his nuts off, harrying, hassling and when Utd broke, putting in lung bursting runs to help the attack.

His engine looks like its blown a head gasket. Poor bloke is running through treacle and not justifying a place in the squad.

Unfortunately, we are trying to build a brand, not a team.

Park cannot and should not be knocked for effort

End product maybe, but Hughes tactics were at fault last night

2:59 baby!

park and swp on 10:10 - Oct 2 with 575 viewschisqprwick

park and swp on 07:17 - Oct 2 by HantsHoop

What worries me is that Park appears to be a commefcial signing to boost the Air Asia side of things. If that's true, he seems to be almost guaranteed a starting spot regardless of how total shyte he is. We drop him, we alienate all the new Korean fans, and we can't have that can we, Tony?

Spot on. Shirt sales pay thevwages so in hindsight his prancing about cost us nothing SWP must be there rent boy or something he can't start games just because he gives more in training utter piss
park and swp on 10:13 - Oct 2 with 570 viewsjamois

Play them both at full back. Radical, but solves everything, for now.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

park and swp on 10:19 - Oct 2 with 569 viewswestberksr

park and swp on 09:45 - Oct 2 by gazza1

Well, I believe he played many a game there for Man Utd......

Maybe he did; but with Patrice Evra overlapping you and Rooney coming short for the ball the position gets a whole lot easier.....

See what I did there Gaz?

You might want to substantiate your one liners as they don't actually add anything without clarification or fact. I've just seen Park play 2 games at LM where he looked like his boots were on the wrong feet. Had I not been at the Reading game I might have held off on judgement but I did and therefore I judge.

Defensive minded and out of position midfielders look better with overlapping fullbacks; Park was playing in front of a centre back who wasn't going much further than the half way line; hence exposed/shite in the position.
park and swp on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 543 viewsgazza1

park and swp on 10:19 - Oct 2 by westberksr

Maybe he did; but with Patrice Evra overlapping you and Rooney coming short for the ball the position gets a whole lot easier.....

See what I did there Gaz?

You might want to substantiate your one liners as they don't actually add anything without clarification or fact. I've just seen Park play 2 games at LM where he looked like his boots were on the wrong feet. Had I not been at the Reading game I might have held off on judgement but I did and therefore I judge.

Defensive minded and out of position midfielders look better with overlapping fullbacks; Park was playing in front of a centre back who wasn't going much further than the half way line; hence exposed/shite in the position.

All I am saying is that he did play there(Wide left) for Man Utd.....is it Park's fault that the FB does not overlap or the forwards dont show for the ball??

The bottom line is that he did not play well last nite but other players need to start doing their bit.....and what is for sure he puts a shift in defensively.
park and swp on 10:55 - Oct 2 with 534 viewsRanger78

park and swp on 22:23 - Oct 1 by Jamie

Utd fans were happy to see Park leave. Considering they have a 37 and a 38 year old in midfield that's pretty damning. You only leave Utd if you're not good enough as a youngster, past it or fall out with Ferguson.

Im not sure that is true, everyting I have seen/read suggest UTD fans loved him. Feruson offered him a new contract and wanted him to stay.

It looks to me that he is out of position. If he is going to play, it needs to be RM. definitely need Adel or Hoilett on the other side
park and swp on 11:06 - Oct 2 with 523 viewsnadera78

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

I like playing with two holding players, an attacking three and then a centre forward. The problem with that formation is that it means no Cisse as he can't play the lone role and can't play as one of the three. It would probably be something like:
Faurlin / Diakite
Hoilett / Granero / Taarabt
Zamora

The benefit of this is that you have athleticism in the middle of the pitch (which we really lacked last night) with Diakite and that allows Faurlin to control the game. Granero further forward gets more space in which to work off everyone else, and we have a real threat out wide from Hoilett and Taarabt. But it only works if you get enough people forward to support Zamora and not leave him isolated.
Login to get fewer ads

park and swp on 11:29 - Oct 2 with 508 viewsQPunkR

Thing is with last night, with 2 centre backs playing wing-back (down to injuries, admittedly) why the hell did Hughes go with 2 defensive wingers ahead of them??? It mean we had eff-all penetration in that midfield as Ale and the Pirate aren't the kind to drift past a couple of players.
Shedit-Phillips didn't play too badly last night in fairness, but it was obvious to the world and his dog that we should be playing Junior and Tarbs on the wings against an average West Ham side. Especially at home where the onus is on us to attack and pick up points

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024