Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Peter makes his debut 12:21 - Aug 29 with 17555 viewsDelboy

Sir Peter and family will be at the game on Saturday and a chance for us all to show our apprecation for his commitment to our Club and town.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 14:00 - Aug 29 with 8650 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Best behaviour it is then, and no swearing.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 08:55 - Aug 30 with 8145 viewsDale_4_Life

Fantastic news.

Lets hope all the family have a great day.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 07:38 - Aug 31 with 7730 viewsTalkingSutty

Sir Peter makes his debut on 08:55 - Aug 30 by Dale_4_Life

Fantastic news.

Lets hope all the family have a great day.

It should be a great day today and one that signals the end of a sustained battle to save the club. One that started over three years ago when the fans and shareholders, alongside our fantastic Supporters Trust, came together to wrestle the club away from Directors in the Boardroom, supposed custodians of our club who had plans to off load it to a gang of crooks. Mission accomplished and the cleansing of the boardroom was voted through at a very fraught EGM. . Simon Gauge and his fellow Directors then stepped up to the plate at a great deal of personal expense and filled the void in the Boardroom. I hope the Directors who have recently left the club have all been invited back today by both Chairman, it was a collective effort and they all deserve that. This is now a New Era and we do things the right way and treat people properly, have a bit of class.

This is a story of a football club uniting together, every person connected to the club have played their part, especially the Supporters Trust, Shareholders and Supporters. Today is a day to show our thanks to Sir Peter Ogden and his family for taking us to the third and final stage of this epic journey. The long term future of the club is now safe for future generations thanks to their involvement and amazing generosity. The golden share will mean that the club will always be safe, the fans will ensure that, they are the true guardians of the club. Another fantastic gesture from Sir Peter and one that will benefit the public of Rochdale, leaving a lasting legacy.

There will be platitudes handed out today and much meeting and greeting, front and centre of that needs to be the Supporters Trust, the guardians of our club, not just now but going forward into the future. I would suggest that the Supporters Trust is now the most important element of our club, something that I'm sure the Ogden family have already recognised. In particular i hope that today of all days our two Trust Chairman during this long battle have been afforded the courtesy of a invite upstairs for all the selfless work theyve done to get us to this point (work that started long before the current board was put together). If anybody deserves to shake the hand of Sir Peter Ogden today it's these two, Col and George.
[Post edited 31 Aug 8:20]
Sir Peter makes his debut on 08:34 - Aug 31 with 7588 viewsRodingdale

Sir Peter makes his debut on 07:38 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

It should be a great day today and one that signals the end of a sustained battle to save the club. One that started over three years ago when the fans and shareholders, alongside our fantastic Supporters Trust, came together to wrestle the club away from Directors in the Boardroom, supposed custodians of our club who had plans to off load it to a gang of crooks. Mission accomplished and the cleansing of the boardroom was voted through at a very fraught EGM. . Simon Gauge and his fellow Directors then stepped up to the plate at a great deal of personal expense and filled the void in the Boardroom. I hope the Directors who have recently left the club have all been invited back today by both Chairman, it was a collective effort and they all deserve that. This is now a New Era and we do things the right way and treat people properly, have a bit of class.

This is a story of a football club uniting together, every person connected to the club have played their part, especially the Supporters Trust, Shareholders and Supporters. Today is a day to show our thanks to Sir Peter Ogden and his family for taking us to the third and final stage of this epic journey. The long term future of the club is now safe for future generations thanks to their involvement and amazing generosity. The golden share will mean that the club will always be safe, the fans will ensure that, they are the true guardians of the club. Another fantastic gesture from Sir Peter and one that will benefit the public of Rochdale, leaving a lasting legacy.

There will be platitudes handed out today and much meeting and greeting, front and centre of that needs to be the Supporters Trust, the guardians of our club, not just now but going forward into the future. I would suggest that the Supporters Trust is now the most important element of our club, something that I'm sure the Ogden family have already recognised. In particular i hope that today of all days our two Trust Chairman during this long battle have been afforded the courtesy of a invite upstairs for all the selfless work theyve done to get us to this point (work that started long before the current board was put together). If anybody deserves to shake the hand of Sir Peter Ogden today it's these two, Col and George.
[Post edited 31 Aug 8:20]

At another place, where things are planned carefully and thought out meticulously- what you suggest for today might happen. But I think you’ll be disappointed.

Today is about SPO attending a game, with generations of his family in tow, part of what will hopefully be a long association with the club. Let’s just celebrate that and make him welcome.

And let’s do the other stuff at some point, Christmas would be a great time to thank everyone who’s done the heavy lift over the last three years.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 7492 viewsTalkingSutty

Sir Peter makes his debut on 08:34 - Aug 31 by Rodingdale

At another place, where things are planned carefully and thought out meticulously- what you suggest for today might happen. But I think you’ll be disappointed.

Today is about SPO attending a game, with generations of his family in tow, part of what will hopefully be a long association with the club. Let’s just celebrate that and make him welcome.

And let’s do the other stuff at some point, Christmas would be a great time to thank everyone who’s done the heavy lift over the last three years.

Is Sir Peter coming up at Christmas? If so, it's a great idea. Today is a opportunity for those front and centre of the battle to thank the Ogdens personally. People who have poured tens of thousands of pounds of their own money into the club to save it..and some individuals who have sacrificed much more than money to represent the fan base and suffered in various ways as a result..im thinking the relevant individuals from the Trust. It's just a nice thing to do to invite them personally to meet the new owner, it's a normal thing in fact. It's probably been done anyway.
[Post edited 31 Aug 9:13]
Sir Peter makes his debut on 11:32 - Aug 31 with 7237 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sir Peter makes his debut on 09:01 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Is Sir Peter coming up at Christmas? If so, it's a great idea. Today is a opportunity for those front and centre of the battle to thank the Ogdens personally. People who have poured tens of thousands of pounds of their own money into the club to save it..and some individuals who have sacrificed much more than money to represent the fan base and suffered in various ways as a result..im thinking the relevant individuals from the Trust. It's just a nice thing to do to invite them personally to meet the new owner, it's a normal thing in fact. It's probably been done anyway.
[Post edited 31 Aug 9:13]

Why not ask Keira Walsh to make an appearance as well. She has been doing some great work for Rochdale Girls Development Centre? From Syke Common to Barca , I'm sure not many townsfolk appreciate just how well this young lass has done.......we should all hail her success with pride .
Sir Peter makes his debut on 12:01 - Aug 31 with 7119 viewsEllDale

The club have asked that supporters be in the ground for 2.45pm to welcome Sir Peter.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 12:26 - Aug 31 with 7030 viewsTVOS1907

Sir Peter makes his debut on 11:32 - Aug 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

Why not ask Keira Walsh to make an appearance as well. She has been doing some great work for Rochdale Girls Development Centre? From Syke Common to Barca , I'm sure not many townsfolk appreciate just how well this young lass has done.......we should all hail her success with pride .

Good idea, but she's currently on tour in San Francisco and Dallas with Barcelona Ladies and will probably be playing most weeks!
[Post edited 31 Aug 12:27]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Peter makes his debut on 12:55 - Aug 31 with 6931 viewsblackdogblue

Saw a helicopter landing before … some 1st class transport 😎

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Sir Peter makes his debut on 15:10 - Aug 31 with 6666 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Sir Peter makes his debut on 12:26 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

Good idea, but she's currently on tour in San Francisco and Dallas with Barcelona Ladies and will probably be playing most weeks!
[Post edited 31 Aug 12:27]

Indeed, I've been following the American & Aussie Womens Tours and good they are too. Barca will have a demanding season ahead as they tend to do well in Euro and domestic cups, but do they have a Winter break around Christmas?
Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:04 - Aug 31 with 6378 viewsD_Alien

Someone should give him a season ticket

Huge boost to the whole club and fanbase today

If new standards are being set, today could be seen as the day they started to be realised

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:09 - Aug 31 with 6323 viewsNigeriamark

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:04 - Aug 31 by D_Alien

Someone should give him a season ticket

Huge boost to the whole club and fanbase today

If new standards are being set, today could be seen as the day they started to be realised

Well what a game for him to start with. Can't remember when I last enjoyed a game as much as that. Other than a few minutes at the start of the second half we completely dominated. Fast, incisive and to be honest 3-0 flattered them. Talk about attack being the best form of defence. Good call on MOM, East was superb but Henry wasn't far behind and his strike for the second was top drawer.

Great day and up to 4th
Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:17 - Aug 31 with 6249 viewsDalenet

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:09 - Aug 31 by Nigeriamark

Well what a game for him to start with. Can't remember when I last enjoyed a game as much as that. Other than a few minutes at the start of the second half we completely dominated. Fast, incisive and to be honest 3-0 flattered them. Talk about attack being the best form of defence. Good call on MOM, East was superb but Henry wasn't far behind and his strike for the second was top drawer.

Great day and up to 4th

Best performance for 5 or 6 years. Brilliant. McNulty said we are a squad and not a team in his programme notes. They looked like a brilliant TEAM in my opinion. When did we last see us man mark and close down so well. We could so easily have been in double figures. Sir Peter....it is like this every week so please come again. Haha
Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:17 - Aug 31 with 6247 viewsJames1980

Didn't they do well 😁

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:22 - Aug 31 with 6214 viewsisitme

An all round excellent performance and to be honest we probably should have scored more. Henry and East totally dominated the midfield and unlike in previous games Woking gave us more space to play.

Defensively we looked sound with Ferguson looking very comfortable in the central role.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:33 - Aug 31 with 6078 viewsR17ALE

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:22 - Aug 31 by isitme

An all round excellent performance and to be honest we probably should have scored more. Henry and East totally dominated the midfield and unlike in previous games Woking gave us more space to play.

Defensively we looked sound with Ferguson looking very comfortable in the central role.

That Ferguson looks alright. Doesn't miss much in the air. An ugly old fashioned uncompromising Centre Back.

Best home performance in ages and we should have had 8.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:37 - Aug 31 with 5993 views442Dale

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:22 - Aug 31 by isitme

We said after two minutes that Woking were giving us loads of room, it was crazy really. If we could have found a way to capitalise on the amount of balls we fired into the six yard box, we’d have been out of sight by half time. And would have scored 7/8 by full time!

Adding to those already mentioned, Allarakhia’s endeavour and ability is adding so much energy to the side and TAR on the other side should be leading the assists table by now.

Mention for Kyle Ferguson who has stepped in so well that we haven’t missed EEL so far and also for the unsung consistent performer so far, Kyron Gordon. A great team display all round.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:38 - Aug 31 with 5987 views49thseason

Another clean sheet, 3 goals and a whole team performance to be proud of... They are now improving with every game.. still not quite taking enough of the chances being created, Rodney could have had a hat trick, but way beyond what we have had to suffer since pre-covid days..
Two new players coming in early next week... and a chance to show what we are made of at Aldershot on the telly next week... special mention for Ferguson, who fulfilled his early promise today with a superb performance.....happy days ...Or should I say happy Knight....
Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:39 - Aug 31 with 5964 viewskel

Really enjoyed that today and we gave a team that had just won three on the bounce absolutely nothing. Credit to the goal scorers of course, but Beckwith is an absolute Rolls-Royce of a player at this level.

We won’t see the usual suspects on here after that.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 18:11 - Aug 31 with 5534 viewsnordenblue

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:38 - Aug 31 by 49thseason

Another clean sheet, 3 goals and a whole team performance to be proud of... They are now improving with every game.. still not quite taking enough of the chances being created, Rodney could have had a hat trick, but way beyond what we have had to suffer since pre-covid days..
Two new players coming in early next week... and a chance to show what we are made of at Aldershot on the telly next week... special mention for Ferguson, who fulfilled his early promise today with a superb performance.....happy days ...Or should I say happy Knight....

I thought Ferguson did really well last match too when he came on early doors
Sir Peter makes his debut on 18:36 - Aug 31 with 5216 viewsBlackburnDale

Left the Sandy a few minutes early to get the early train back to Blackburn so I missed Kairo's 2nd goal.

However that was as complete and dominant a performance in both boxes that I can recall for a number of seasons now - brilliant!! 😃👍
Sir Peter makes his debut on 18:38 - Aug 31 with 5184 viewsDaley_Lama

I’m going to single out Gordon today, however i could do the same for Ferguson (awesome 3 games) or Beckwith (make that 6 games)

First half their left winger got nothing out of him. Ended up being subbed abd his replacement got the same. Gordon was fantastic both offensively and defensively.

The one moment of threat in the second half after Rodney had been mugged was stopped at the last by a fantastic tackle by Gordon coming into central position.

I think Man of the Match could have gone to 7 or 8 players today and justifiable case given.

Pace of play was great, mixiing it up going long occasionally great.

Poll: DF in or out

Sir Peter makes his debut on 18:55 - Aug 31 with 4949 viewsisitme

The formation really suits Gordon and Beckwith being both defensively sound and good enough on the ball to contribute offensively.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 19:17 - Aug 31 with 4740 viewsjonahwhereru

Sir Peter makes his debut on 17:39 - Aug 31 by kel

Really enjoyed that today and we gave a team that had just won three on the bounce absolutely nothing. Credit to the goal scorers of course, but Beckwith is an absolute Rolls-Royce of a player at this level.

We won’t see the usual suspects on here after that.

I’ll have a go at representing the “I only post when we lose brigade”

Clearly as a reward for his contribution in resurrecting the club Sir Peter was allowed to pick the team and tactics. The evidence being that the side adopted plan B, and as we are frequently told Jim doesn’t have one. Players shot at the goals and again we are told the McNulty will chastise any play for have a go at scoring a goal. Additionally the substitutes made a difference and BJ’s never do. Further evidence will surface when Sir Peter does that after match interview and it’s worth listening to.
All this mounts up to McNulty’s day’s here being numbered. No point in him remaking on the payroll on this showing.
Sir Peter makes his debut on 19:30 - Aug 31 with 4598 viewsdawlishdale

An excellent performance with Woking second best all over the park. Three actually flattered them. So good to see us attacking at pace, which caused them no end of problems.
Henry's goal already a contender for gots.

Up the Dale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024