Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential update on Illias Chair... 20:57 - Jun 19 with 10141 viewsdavman

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 21:16 - Jun 19 with 4961 viewsstowmarketrange

Hasn’t he been doing community service playing for us for the last few years?
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 21:35 - Jun 19 with 4823 viewshantssi

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 21:16 - Jun 19 by stowmarketrange

🤣
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 21:54 - Jun 19 with 4712 viewsDorse

Amnesty have been campaigning to set him free.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 21:58 - Jun 19 with 4672 viewsdavman

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 21:54 - Jun 19 by Dorse

Amnesty have been campaigning to set him free.

Amnesty famously stand up for the little people...

Can we go out yet?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:03 - Jun 19 with 4613 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

His lawyer is asking for an appeal to reconsider a custodial sentence.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:21 - Jun 19 with 4478 viewsNorthernr

Lionel Hutz upgraded for a proper lawyer = better outcome...

https://www.gva.be/cnt/dmf20240619_96851559
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:25 - Jun 19 with 4445 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If true, I wish this had happened after the transfer window shuts.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:31 - Jun 19 with 4384 viewsfraserc

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:21 - Jun 19 by Northernr

so, according to that piece he confessed to the crime and might be looking at 200 hours of community service.

His lawyer stated " My client is at a turning point in his career. He hopes to secure a transfer to a club in the Premier League. You can't do that with a prison sentence or an ankle bracelet"

Maybe he is looking to move this summer
Login to get fewer ads

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:52 - Jun 19 with 4214 viewsStJude82

Pretty lenient if it transpires.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 23:29 - Jun 19 with 4074 views100percent

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:31 - Jun 19 by fraserc

so, according to that piece he confessed to the crime and might be looking at 200 hours of community service.

His lawyer stated " My client is at a turning point in his career. He hopes to secure a transfer to a club in the Premier League. You can't do that with a prison sentence or an ankle bracelet"

To quote the morally corrupt Cambridge Analytica, " It doesn't need to be true, it just needs to be believed..."
next up will be the 'of previously good character' references - come on, we've all been there...
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 23:38 - Jun 19 with 4038 viewsdavman

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:21 - Jun 19 by Northernr

Full translated article - summary: don't get too attached...

The facts took place in the summer of 2020, after a kayaking trip on the Semois that started in the Ardennes and ended in Bazeilles, France. A family from East Flanders arrived at the end of a long journey. There were buses ready to take the tired and hungry tourists back to the starting point. While queuing, a commotion arose between the East Flemish people and the family of professional footballer Ilias Chair, starting player at Queens Park Rangers and thirteen-time Moroccan international, who played the consolation final at the 2022 World Cup. There was shouting back and forth, hitting, scratching and pushing and during the confrontation Chair grabbed a large stone with which he hit Niels T.'s head.

The consequences were dramatic, victim T. suffered a skull fracture of 2 centimeters and was in hospital for a while. Because the French Gendarmerie had shown little initiative to get started with the brawl, T. and his family filed a complaint in Belgium. This led to a lawsuit in Antwerp against Ilias Chair at the beginning of this year, who then denied through his lawyer that he was the man who hit the stone. He was sentenced to two years in prison, half of which was suspended. His sister-in-law and a family member also received suspended prison sentences.

New lawyers
The case was heard on appeal on Wednesday, and this time the professional footballer was present. The sister-in-law and the relative also came to the appeals court. The defendants and their (new) lawyers said that they had been poorly advised in the first instance by their then joint lawyer. “He said that everything would be fine, that I did not have to come to Belgium for the trial. I realized too late that I was being given bad advice.” With his new lawyer, master Frank Scheerlinck, Chair changed course and no longer denies being the man who delivered the blow with the stone. In the meantime, he also paid all compensation to the victims, a total of just over 20,000 euros.

“I don't recognize myself in this story. I have never been violent or exposed to violence in my life. I was not raised that way,” Chair read a written statement. “This dates from four years ago. I was 22 and it was corona times. In the meantime I got married and had a son. I have grown enormously and am aware of my role model. I have to try to always be the best version of myself, for my son, but also for children and young adults worldwide. I will do my best every day to correct this. I would like to apologize again and apologize to the victim.”

Impact of conviction
Lawyer Frank Scheerlinck outlined the impact of the conviction by the criminal court in February. “All hell broke loose and the tabloids in England made it horrible. He had to run from paparazzi and a photo of his wife in a hospital bed was even published.” Scheerlinck asked the court to give Chair a community service order. “He lives in London, but often comes to Antwerp to visit his family. He will therefore carry out that community service order. My client is at a turning point in his career. He hopes to secure a transfer to a club in the Premier League. That is not possible with a prison sentence or an ankle bracelet.”

Attorney General Ken Witpas had already taken a more lenient stance in his criminal proceedings than the public prosecutor's office at first instance. “I don't have the impression that the defendants are the most aggressive by nature,” he said. For Ilias Chair, the prosecutor believes a suspension (guilty without punishment) is too lenient and requested a community service order of 200 hours. The prosecutor requested 50 hours of community service for the sister-in-law and the family member, both involved in the fight, but does not oppose the suspension requested by their lawyers Joris Van Cauter and Mathias De Daele. The court of appeal will deliver its ruling on July 17.

Can we go out yet?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:24 - Jun 20 with 3639 viewsNed_Kennedys

Looks like things are going to work out in Chair’s favour in 4 weeks so we have time to sell him if necessary this summer for a sizeable fee.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:29 - Jun 20 with 3623 viewsdmm

He hopes to secure a transfer to a club in the Premier League.

Of course, Chair "hopes" for a PL transfer. But, isn't that just his lawyer laying it on as thick as possible?
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:41 - Jun 20 with 3571 viewsNed_Kennedys

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:29 - Jun 20 by dmm

He hopes to secure a transfer to a club in the Premier League.

Of course, Chair "hopes" for a PL transfer. But, isn't that just his lawyer laying it on as thick as possible?

Probably, though Leicester were apparently interested at one stage.
More likely is Leeds making a move for him as a replacement for Gnonto or Summerville who only stayed there last season as promotion back to the Premier League was guaranteed 🤣
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:42 - Jun 20 with 3573 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Fingers crossed we get a good sized fee for him. Love Chair, my favourite player since Eze went, but needs must.

I just hope he either goes to the PL or preferably abroad. Don't think I could handle him rocking up at Stoke or Leeds.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:54 - Jun 20 with 3531 viewsdavman

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:42 - Jun 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Fingers crossed we get a good sized fee for him. Love Chair, my favourite player since Eze went, but needs must.

I just hope he either goes to the PL or preferably abroad. Don't think I could handle him rocking up at Stoke or Leeds.

Those of you bleating on about how he holds on to the ball too much or whatever reason you constantly find out to criticism will see what we are without him.
High energy, rarely injured, hungry for the ball at ALL times, willing to cover defensively, retains and recycles ball possession effectively and has made this team tick for the last three years.

Personally, I hope we get money from other sales and persuade him to stay for a few more years, pay him a little more as the team really needs to be built around him.

Unfortunately I know that might not be realistic, but more than Willock, Clarke-Salter and even Cook, Chair is clearly our main man even if he constantly gets over looked for the PoTS awards...

Can we go out yet?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 07:28 - Jun 20 with 3425 viewsdaveB

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 22:31 - Jun 19 by fraserc

wait he wants to leave, oh lock him up then

Seriously though it sounds like good news for him
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 09:55 - Jun 20 with 3002 viewsWokingR

Yeah great, this is all well and good, blah, blah, blah.

More importantly though, has anyone found a picture yet of the girl in the green bikini ?
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 09:55 - Jun 20 with 2998 viewsterryb

The important point that I've taken from the translation is that he has now taken full responsibility for his actions & I've no doubt that his remorse is genuine.

I assume that he will be able to take a full part in pre season training & that he only has a month to wait before knowing the outcome.
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:19 - Jun 20 with 2840 viewsTheChef

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:54 - Jun 20 by davman

Those of you bleating on about how he holds on to the ball too much or whatever reason you constantly find out to criticism will see what we are without him.
High energy, rarely injured, hungry for the ball at ALL times, willing to cover defensively, retains and recycles ball possession effectively and has made this team tick for the last three years.

Personally, I hope we get money from other sales and persuade him to stay for a few more years, pay him a little more as the team really needs to be built around him.

Unfortunately I know that might not be realistic, but more than Willock, Clarke-Salter and even Cook, Chair is clearly our main man even if he constantly gets over looked for the PoTS awards...

Of course the irony being that he didn't hold on to the rock for too long...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:42 - Jun 20 with 2711 viewsLblock

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 06:54 - Jun 20 by davman

Agree 1,000%

We'll really miss this little fella when he goes...... I certainly shall but much like Eze I'll wish him the very best as he's been brilliant for us at all times.

If he is to leave this summer it has to be for a right chunky Fee.
In Mr Nourry we may have someone who can squeeze the best out of suitors in that respect.
My feeling is it could well be Leeds as he was on the verge of there for a paltry £4mill last summer.
Personally I'd be seeking double that.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:51 - Jun 20 with 2626 viewsrobith

I have to say, if he actually did it, which seems to be the case, that's pretty grim and makes us look pretty terrible imo
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:54 - Jun 20 with 2603 viewsE17hoop

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:42 - Jun 20 by Lblock

Agree 1,000%

We'll really miss this little fella when he goes...... I certainly shall but much like Eze I'll wish him the very best as he's been brilliant for us at all times.

In Mr Nourry we may have someone who can squeeze the best out of suitors in that respect.
My feeling is it could well be Leeds as he was on the verge of there for a paltry £4mill last summer.

If Tim Inpronounceable can go for £10m, so can Chair.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:55 - Jun 20 with 2590 viewsizlingtonhoop

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:42 - Jun 20 by Lblock

Agree 1,000%

"He hopes to secure a transfer to a club in the Premier League"

Whatever they might believe, the Champions of Europe are not a club in the Premier League...
Potential update on Illias Chair... on 11:02 - Jun 20 with 2544 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Potential update on Illias Chair... on 10:51 - Jun 20 by robith

I have to say, if he actually did it, which seems to be the case, that's pretty grim and makes us look pretty terrible imo

You aren’t wrong.

I’m guilty of applying double standards here when it is in my (football club’s) interest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024