Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration 09:15 - Nov 29 with 9872 viewsNorthernr

Seriously, help. How on earth do you grade that? At 79 minutes I don't think I had anybody north of a 5/10.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 11:16 - Nov 29 with 1635 viewsdannyblue

For me:
Dykes scores high for his goals, and low for his misses. 5-8, average 7.
Smyth scores high for his runs and enery, and low for his delivery. 5-8, average 6.
Others much easier to rate. Especially Dunne who had two massive brainfarts in this game, one leading to the corner from which they scored.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 11:37 - Nov 29 with 1553 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There you go, Clive!

As you can see we, the board are unified and unanimous in our opinion, and every player was between 4 and 8.

Glad to help. Do we get a prize?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 11:50 - Nov 29 with 1513 viewsSuperhoop83

A nightmare to mark as we started ok, albeit wide open, we let Stoke take control, we went behind to 10 men and then went for it and got the win.

If we'd lost, which we so nearly did, we'd be looking at 5s and 6s as no-one was crap but no-one was great. However, over the course of the whole match a few players deserve a 7 and in my opinion they are:

Dykes - decent game all round and two goals, but a dreadful (and inevitable) miss when clean through on goal.

Chair - always looking to do things, a great cross for the penalty (after another appalling corner) and hit the post just before we equalised.

Cook - solid as ever, even if he might have done better for Stoke's second goal.

EDB - really enjoyed his performance and a big improvement on Dozzell's inactivity.

Cannon - excellent when he came on and key to the turn around.

Larkeche - just because.

Suffering since 1978.

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 11:58 - Nov 29 with 1471 viewsNoelmc

I've gone with;

Begovic 5
Kakay 6
Cook 7
Dunne 5
Paal 6 (Please take him off corner duties)

Field 5
Colback 5. (Felt Stoke dominated the midfield up until the sending off)
EDB 6

Chair 6
Dykes 7. (Changed the game with his well taken 2nd goal & worked hard)
Smyth 6

Willock 7
Cannon 7
Lakarche 7. (Subs all made positive contributions - Well done Marti!)
Kelman 6
JCS 7
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 12:34 - Nov 29 with 1398 viewsderbyhoop

Most deserve a 6. Cook was excellent but gave Burgur far too much room for their 2nd. Dunne and Field were both below par. The rest were like the curate's egg. Good in parts and horrible other times.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 12:39 - Nov 29 with 1387 viewsE17hoop

I think these on WLS are pretty much spot on:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-stoke-ratings-291123

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 12:41 - Nov 29 with 1373 viewsNorthernr

Cook MOTM I think, but the swap in of JCS transformed us, and there's an amazing Venables narrative if I give it to him...
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 12:43 - Nov 29 with 1368 viewsAndybrat

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 12:41 - Nov 29 by Northernr

Cook MOTM I think, but the swap in of JCS transformed us, and there's an amazing Venables narrative if I give it to him...

Don’t hesitate then
Login to get fewer ads

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 12:53 - Nov 29 with 1305 viewsgazza1

I missed him off the list!! No issues with Cook = MOM......played very well indeed, probably our best player.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 12:57 - Nov 29 with 1290 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

That game was a bit like the film Dunkirk in that you see it differently depending on whether you watch it in terms of minutes, hours, or days/match
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 1252 viewsSuperhoop83

Go for it then!

JCS was very good when he came on.

Suffering since 1978.

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:18 - Nov 29 with 1220 viewsParkRoyalR

I was disappointed with Cook for 65minutes,

Yet again the old 'over to you Claude' 10 yard pass to Kakay, berating Kakay + Smyth when not showing for the ball himself + that slight shirt tug covered a glaring open goal miss,

However, when they went down to 10 men and Cannon got the extra space on the flank he did finally show some leadership and start travelling with the ball,

Althou when their big unit came on thought he would have gone tight to him to free up JCS who struggled with that big lads physicality, again that would have shown leadership for me but a win tends to cover up the small margins, especially our lack of control of the game for 65minutes.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:29 - Nov 29 with 1187 viewssimmo

Well I'm sure this has been helpful - don't get them wrong now....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:36 - Nov 29 with 1167 viewsconnell10

Field Mom for me 7

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:38 - Nov 29 with 1159 viewsParkRoyalR

JCS it is as we all want the narrative!
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:40 - Nov 29 with 1139 viewsgazza1

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:18 - Nov 29 by ParkRoyalR

I was disappointed with Cook for 65minutes,

Yet again the old 'over to you Claude' 10 yard pass to Kakay, berating Kakay + Smyth when not showing for the ball himself + that slight shirt tug covered a glaring open goal miss,

However, when they went down to 10 men and Cannon got the extra space on the flank he did finally show some leadership and start travelling with the ball,

Althou when their big unit came on thought he would have gone tight to him to free up JCS who struggled with that big lads physicality, again that would have shown leadership for me but a win tends to cover up the small margins, especially our lack of control of the game for 65minutes.

Wow PRR......some strange stuff there!!!!

Kakay and Smyth need to be wanting the ball and the incident where he gave Kakay some grief was when Kakay did not want the ball despite have a lot of space....that is how the game is played now. Cook was pretty much always available to receive the ball and defenders need to be with the game which is now played. Players need to understand and a little reminder is all good training. His shirt was pulled, difficult to say bhow that affected his balance/header - very harsh.

Cook played right of defence, the 'big unit' played on our left - why would you want JCS to move to the right when he is clearly left footed?? and Cook to the left!!!

What about Dykes??
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:55 - Nov 29 with 1081 viewsterryb

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 10:38 - Nov 29 by Andybrat

The subs in effect won the game. JCS really looked class, if only he stayed fit him and Cook is a great pairing. Reggie has to start Friday, am I the only one wondering how we got him, as for the Frenchman has to be a 10. Isn’t football a wonderful game because actually there is minimal logic. The whole of the SB stand was screaming for Dykes to be replaced and then all agreed we might be wrong, Sinclair must be wondering why he didn’t get on. Clive I think this could be your weirdest scoring as we scored 3 in 7 minutes and the substitutions were key to that. All I know is it was great to be there after so long. One defeat in 4 for MC.

Armstrong would have found it hard to come on when he wasn't a substitute!

I've heard that he injured himself during the warm up, but I've not seen anything to confirm this.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:11 - Nov 29 with 1012 viewsHAYESBOY

It is a difficult one.
So many differing opinions as stated here.
I thought EDB was our best player first half.
The subs all contributed well.
I would shade it to Dykes for his two goals and work rate. The second goal changed everyone's mood in the ground and galvanised everyone to push on for the winner.

Smells like a trout farm in here

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:15 - Nov 29 with 1001 viewsWokingR

Don't think many would argue with it being Cook but then, as already suggested above, there is also a very good case for breaking the mould and awarding it to Cifuentes for his substitions.
After all, result aside, it was a pretty crap performance from the players.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:34 - Nov 29 with 972 viewsNorthernr

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:55 - Nov 29 by terryb

Armstrong would have found it hard to come on when he wasn't a substitute!

I've heard that he injured himself during the warm up, but I've not seen anything to confirm this.

Was named on the bench and then replaced late on by SDM which suggests a warm up injury or illness.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:39 - Nov 29 with 948 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 13:40 - Nov 29 by gazza1

Wow PRR......some strange stuff there!!!!

Kakay and Smyth need to be wanting the ball and the incident where he gave Kakay some grief was when Kakay did not want the ball despite have a lot of space....that is how the game is played now. Cook was pretty much always available to receive the ball and defenders need to be with the game which is now played. Players need to understand and a little reminder is all good training. His shirt was pulled, difficult to say bhow that affected his balance/header - very harsh.

Cook played right of defence, the 'big unit' played on our left - why would you want JCS to move to the right when he is clearly left footed?? and Cook to the left!!!

What about Dykes??

Cook has been playing that almost hospital type pass to Kakay to often for my liking in recent games, Kakay to a fault never hides but as an experienced senior player Cook needs to do more with the ball that just play a self preserving 10 yard pass to Kakay or Dunne.

Seemed to find the courage to do so when they went down to 10 so hopefully will also do now against 11 men.

Dykes commented last night on another thread that was a dreadful Conor Washington level effort,

Still Dykes hold up play + lay-offs on the ground and in the air were again very good and crucial as our only outlet in a poor 65 minutes, plus a superb instinctive finish to add to an all too short list of some very different + very good goals he has scored for us.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:54 - Nov 29 with 912 viewsNorthernr

Kakay's good cover. You saw when cannon came on the difference it will make to us down that side somebody's who's showing for the ball AND capable of taking it and doing something with it, whether it's a particularly good ball or not.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:57 - Nov 29 with 894 viewsSK_hoops

Dykes seems far better at scoring off the cuff goals than ones where he has time.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 15:02 - Nov 29 with 884 viewsLazyFan

This game had everything didn't it? Well except high quality but its the Champ so, expected.

EDB, I thought, was just okay. He struggled a little but kept going to his credit. Sjoke I think, were aware of him, and that's why he found it harder as they packed the middle.

Dykes 2nd goal is a great goal and top class, and his miss 1 on 1 was expected. This is Dykes all over and why in my view, he's not good enough at this level, he has the potential, but it's always potential forever, he's too inconsistent. If he goes on a scoring run that keeps us up, that would be great and also the reason to sell him when his value is high.

Colback was decent in positions but not as effective as usual. Paal showed how superior passing can make a difference when he was moved into the middle. Sjoke really packed that middle and had tactically matched us here, but Marti changed it up which caught them out.

Smyth was excellent and I noticed in the 2nd half Sjoke closed down all channels to him. That's why we saw less of him in the 2nd.

Dunne was poor, and Kakay was not much better. They try hard but they are not as good as JCS and Cannon. We can see the difference in class in the positions they take up and the decisions they make. The problem is JCS is never fit for more than 2 games and Cannon hopefully does not go down the same route.

No Dozzell of Uncle on the bench I see. Are they injured? Has Uncle played his last game for the club and Orient beckons?

zzzzzzzzzz

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 15:09 - Nov 29 with 870 viewsBAWHoops

I'd go

Begovic - 6 - Did his job well and looked assured
Kakay - 4 - Works hard but isn't, hasn't been and never will be required quality
Cook - 7 - Did really well holding it together first half
Dunne - 4 - Shown up by how good JCS was
Paal - 5 - Barely got forward and pathetic clearance for their 2nd
Colback - 5 - 10 mins saved him at end, but thought he was one pace off
Field - 5 - Couldn't really get to grips with the game
EDB - 5 - Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit
Chair - 7 - From 65 mins on he ran the game. Led the fightback
Smyth - 6 - Very hit and miss, but won the red card and causes problems
Dykes - 6 - He wasn't shit, he wasn't good, he scored 2 goals
JCS - 7 - Made a huge difference when he came on
Cannon - 6 - An upgrade on Ozzy
Willock 5 - Yes he scored, but jesus he's a tough watch right now