Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
India on the moon 15:23 - Aug 23 with 12863 viewsRangersDave

And we cant even look after our servicemen, disabled, homeless, poor, and ill citizens!

Boils my pee!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

India on the moon on 12:57 - Aug 24 with 2682 viewsBrianMcCarthy

India on the moon on 12:52 - Aug 24 by baz_qpr

But it will generate 1000s of times what it cost in terms of new jobs and revenue into the country, and then all jobs etc that service that. You want to lift people out of poverty this is exactly what you do its basic economics.

The US going to the moon in the 60s was a massive boost to their economy, innovation, new companies etc.

And to the point about UK money being spent, the point of oversees aid and development is not just to help the poor but to try and gain stability in areas and also influence. Do you know what people do when lives are wretched and there is little hope, or there are wars and instability they move , they migrate.

And over the last 10 years what has happened as the US, the UK and the west have rolled back from oversees development and spent naval gazing and tearing shreds internally. The Chinese, The Russian's and the Saudis have moved in built the roads, provided the security etc and now have the influence, first access to the rare earth minerals that are needed for our computers, batteries and electronics etc.

"The US going to the moon in the 60s was a massive boost to their economy, innovation, new companies etc."

Was it, though? I;m genuinely interested in this, and don't know.

Was it (maybe) the case that any economic boost came from the innovant and research and development, which again could, or similar could have taken place without the money spent on space travel?

I'm genuinely not arguing here, just curious.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

India on the moon on 14:17 - Aug 24 with 2560 viewsSonofpugwash

We,ve been having debates like this since the sixties.
USA spends $570b on cosmetic products every year,why no moral outrage over that?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

India on the moon on 15:52 - Aug 24 with 2516 viewsFDC

India on the moon on 17:02 - Aug 24 with 2463 viewsqpr_1968

India on the moon on 19:00 - Aug 23 by Lblock

There’s one there already.
Lovely gaff.
Nice food.
Just no atmosphere

its called the moon on the green.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

India on the moon on 17:10 - Aug 24 with 2428 viewskensalriser

India on the moon on 15:52 - Aug 24 by FDC

Yeah, exactly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

India on the moon on 00:05 - Aug 25 with 2290 viewsqprd

India on the moon on 09:23 - Aug 24 by connell10

Yep a great country that buys cheap oil off the dictator Putin to fund his war of bombing children's hospitals....Go India.

Lol London was where oligarchs parked their money for yeses … EU and uk also continued to buy Russian oil while lecturing everyone else

Think abt the lack of consistency … People on here criticising the Indian govt for spending an inconsequential amount for a scientific pursuit when people are impoverished in India. So
Is india supposed to fully sanction Russian oil and pay inflated prices, fuelling inflarion and exacerbating poverty in their own country to challenge someone else’s war

It’s quite funny that the country who literally tore up the world less than 100 years ago, overthrew democratic regimes in countries like Iran 70 yeears ago and fought fake wars for oil 20 years ago is lecturing others

I guess why someone people are sending people to the moon and others are on here twiddling their thumbs…
India on the moon on 00:10 - Aug 25 with 2286 viewsqprd

India on the moon on 12:57 - Aug 24 by BrianMcCarthy

"The US going to the moon in the 60s was a massive boost to their economy, innovation, new companies etc."

Was it, though? I;m genuinely interested in this, and don't know.

Was it (maybe) the case that any economic boost came from the innovant and research and development, which again could, or similar could have taken place without the money spent on space travel?

I'm genuinely not arguing here, just curious.

Read the books chip war and start up nation

Neither directly on point but both illustrate how military/science related spend spawns creative industries

This is really really well documented
India on the moon on 00:15 - Aug 25 with 2283 viewsqprd

India on the moon on 11:27 - Aug 24 by DaBurgh

Nope. Just attempting to point out that a country with the majority of it's citizens living below poverty levels and with personal sanitary conditions lower than that of 19th century Britain, that maybe the money is better spent elsewhere.

Yes and the investment in science and technology will benefit the population

The people who worked on the project will go on to do great things in public and private sector

Meanwhile in the uk…..
Login to get fewer ads

India on the moon on 02:46 - Aug 25 with 2212 viewsBoston

India on the Moon - how much for a pint of lager?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

India on the moon on 07:51 - Aug 25 with 2115 viewsBushRanger82

By this time next week, the Indians will have opened the Moon's first corner shop.
India on the moon on 08:13 - Aug 25 with 2090 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Nm
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 8:29]
India on the moon on 08:50 - Aug 25 with 2042 viewsridethewave

Some amusing posts on here. I’ve a feeling those complaining about India’s moon landing would have been complaining about why the UK was spending so much money on the industrial revolution rather than addressing poverty… well it worked out pretty well long-term didn’t it. Innovation is absolutely critical.

I think this demonstrates exactly what people fail to grasp, which is that money spent creates a knock-on effect. Most people are only capable of connecting the dot from £60m to moon landing, rather than continuing to connect the other dots such as jobs created and foreign investment gained, which will be crucial to the longer-term success of the Indian economy and to fighting poverty and the many other issues people on this thread have commented on. If you simple deal with the present and never look to the future, you will be stuck.

Similarly, people often complain about the amount formula one spends, without any understanding of the massive innovation that comes from this, which benefits us all by driving down the cost of the cars we buy today.
India on the moon on 09:02 - Aug 25 with 2016 viewsBluce_Ree

Car prices are being driven down? Could have fooled me, chap.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

India on the moon on 09:09 - Aug 25 with 1999 viewsridethewave

India on the moon on 09:02 - Aug 25 by Bluce_Ree

Car prices are being driven down? Could have fooled me, chap.

Oh come on look over the long-term, the entire point of my post. You don't have to go back too far to see there was a time most people were lucky to have just one shoddy car. Now the majority of households have at the least one car, and most with sat nav and other luxuries that are relatively new but becoming increasingly standard.

As I say, innovation is everything and must be encouraged, not stifled.
India on the moon on 09:22 - Aug 25 with 1959 viewsstowmarketrange

India on the moon on 09:09 - Aug 25 by ridethewave

Oh come on look over the long-term, the entire point of my post. You don't have to go back too far to see there was a time most people were lucky to have just one shoddy car. Now the majority of households have at the least one car, and most with sat nav and other luxuries that are relatively new but becoming increasingly standard.

As I say, innovation is everything and must be encouraged, not stifled.

If a racing driver needs a satnav in his car I’d guess they ought to give up driving.
India on the moon on 10:21 - Aug 25 with 1824 viewsBrianMcCarthy

India on the moon on 08:50 - Aug 25 by ridethewave

Some amusing posts on here. I’ve a feeling those complaining about India’s moon landing would have been complaining about why the UK was spending so much money on the industrial revolution rather than addressing poverty… well it worked out pretty well long-term didn’t it. Innovation is absolutely critical.

I think this demonstrates exactly what people fail to grasp, which is that money spent creates a knock-on effect. Most people are only capable of connecting the dot from £60m to moon landing, rather than continuing to connect the other dots such as jobs created and foreign investment gained, which will be crucial to the longer-term success of the Indian economy and to fighting poverty and the many other issues people on this thread have commented on. If you simple deal with the present and never look to the future, you will be stuck.

Similarly, people often complain about the amount formula one spends, without any understanding of the massive innovation that comes from this, which benefits us all by driving down the cost of the cars we buy today.

I get that. The multiplier effect, and generally I agree with that theory. But there is an argument also that certain trickle-down spending does not reach the needy. 100% of the money given to the needy reaches them. A smaller percentage of money spent on space travel reaches them, but yes I get that the multiplier effect may mean that they end up better off in the long run. it's just very hard to prove either way, as is all economic theory.

India on the moon on 10:43 - Aug 25 with 1768 viewsPunteR

I can't help thinking the UK is a bit like QPR 8 years ago thinking Brentford have no chance over taking us..

Science and politics go hand in hand these days. I thought the Oppenheimer film demonstrated it well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

India on the moon on 12:08 - Aug 25 with 1667 viewsconnell10

India on the moon on 00:05 - Aug 25 by qprd

Lol London was where oligarchs parked their money for yeses … EU and uk also continued to buy Russian oil while lecturing everyone else

Think abt the lack of consistency … People on here criticising the Indian govt for spending an inconsequential amount for a scientific pursuit when people are impoverished in India. So
Is india supposed to fully sanction Russian oil and pay inflated prices, fuelling inflarion and exacerbating poverty in their own country to challenge someone else’s war

It’s quite funny that the country who literally tore up the world less than 100 years ago, overthrew democratic regimes in countries like Iran 70 yeears ago and fought fake wars for oil 20 years ago is lecturing others

I guess why someone people are sending people to the moon and others are on here twiddling their thumbs…

You could always go live in India mate, but I'd suggest the life style you have in this country wouldn't be quite so good.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

India on the moon on 12:30 - Aug 25 with 1611 viewsbaz_qpr

India on the moon on 10:21 - Aug 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I get that. The multiplier effect, and generally I agree with that theory. But there is an argument also that certain trickle-down spending does not reach the needy. 100% of the money given to the needy reaches them. A smaller percentage of money spent on space travel reaches them, but yes I get that the multiplier effect may mean that they end up better off in the long run. it's just very hard to prove either way, as is all economic theory.

I think that's true but if you bring a big company or an industry to an area, well those people need components and services, food, housing, schools, and healthcare those things then create jobs which create further jobs, so this is not sunk money or tory style trickle down its an industrial policy which is something that governments in this country would do well heed.
India on the moon on 12:36 - Aug 25 with 1587 viewskensalriser

India on the moon on 12:08 - Aug 25 by connell10

You could always go live in India mate, but I'd suggest the life style you have in this country wouldn't be quite so good.

Like most places, India's fine if you have enough money.

There's more difference within nations than between them, all according to how much money you have.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

India on the moon on 13:23 - Aug 25 with 1520 viewsBrianMcCarthy

India on the moon on 12:30 - Aug 25 by baz_qpr

I think that's true but if you bring a big company or an industry to an area, well those people need components and services, food, housing, schools, and healthcare those things then create jobs which create further jobs, so this is not sunk money or tory style trickle down its an industrial policy which is something that governments in this country would do well heed.

Fair enough Baz. Good point.

India on the moon on 15:19 - Aug 25 with 1409 viewsSonofpugwash

Lots of Helium 3 in the Moon's regolith,the Indians are one of several nations intent on doing serious mining.As the price is around $17Billion per ton the initial price of R&D seems well justified.Helium prices(all sorts) are set to surge as there's a chronic shortage.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

India on the moon on 15:45 - Aug 25 with 1353 viewsPlanetHonneywood

India on the moon on 10:54 - Aug 24 by Sonofpugwash

Except Putin bottled it and "attended" by video link.
It appears to be about how to trade without the Dollar and based on gold rate.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2023 10:57]

Given the current dangerous state of Russian aviation, probably advisable!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

India on the moon on 22:12 - Aug 25 with 1177 viewsLblock

India on the moon on 15:19 - Aug 25 by Sonofpugwash

Lots of Helium 3 in the Moon's regolith,the Indians are one of several nations intent on doing serious mining.As the price is around $17Billion per ton the initial price of R&D seems well justified.Helium prices(all sorts) are set to surge as there's a chronic shortage.

Wow! That’s a serious price

Now I understand why all these Lime-Clickers are hanging around Gunnersbury Park at the moment with their canisters and balloons
P’s to be made innit Fam?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

India on the moon on 10:15 - Aug 26 with 997 viewsRangersDave

India on the moon on 22:12 - Aug 25 by Lblock

Wow! That’s a serious price

Now I understand why all these Lime-Clickers are hanging around Gunnersbury Park at the moment with their canisters and balloons
P’s to be made innit Fam?

Start mining on the moon, and it's leading to trouble.....

Then there will be storage bunkers for nuclear waste, they will explode eventually, hurling the moon out of its earth orbit and out into space.

Meanwhile, the earth will get jogged off its sun orbit and things will get hotter and colder as it gets attracted into a new orbit around the sun.

Just an awful thought. Mind you the space ships looked good.....

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024