Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 11:38 - Oct 30 with 14403 viewsNotLoyal

Tuesday November 1st 2022 with a 7.45pm kick off at Deepdale.

🔴 Red button game

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58886

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58876/time-for-armstrong

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58893/swansea-city-old-b

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Nov 1 with 1204 viewsFireboy2

Just got back and after a loss guess what? Vetch is creaming himself.

Just glad someone is happy.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Nov 1 with 1203 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Nov 1 by raynor94

The silence has been deafening since Burnley, the irrational dislike of Martin is baffling.

there are none so blind as though that cannot see

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Nov 1 with 1183 viewsraynor94

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

Sickening

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Nov 1 with 1174 viewsmagicdaps10

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:48 - Nov 1 by raynor94

The silence has been deafening since Burnley, the irrational dislike of Martin is baffling.

It's pathetic Raynor, things are not fantastic but we are 6th!!

Posters said he should be atleast play offs but even when he has us up there.....the knives are still out for him.

He just can't win whatever and the root is down to those posters holding a stance because people wanted Cooper out.

Its pathetic and these people need to grow up and get some sort of understanding into their head regards the situation we are in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:57 - Nov 1 with 1165 viewsvetchonian

So sad

Read what I say Im far from happy but yet you all think all is good

If you can t see that we have moved form a way of palying that got us wins and the recent good run of form then its sad.

#m not the only one on here tonight who is critical...Cat and others have had a go and made comments but no its just vetch

Maybe you guys will wake up hopefully beofre its too late.

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:59 - Nov 1 with 1150 viewsmagicdaps10

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

there are none so blind as though that cannot see

Sorry but it's you that needs to open your eyes to the situation and reality.......we lose a game, sit 6th in the league and according to you it has nothing to do with Martin himself!!!!

We all want to improve and be better but it needs to be in line with reality............anyone who has any issues with where we are at present are either unrealistic or don't want to understand.

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Nov 1 with 1144 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:59 - Nov 1 by magicdaps10

Sorry but it's you that needs to open your eyes to the situation and reality.......we lose a game, sit 6th in the league and according to you it has nothing to do with Martin himself!!!!

We all want to improve and be better but it needs to be in line with reality............anyone who has any issues with where we are at present are either unrealistic or don't want to understand.

No I said we are 6th because we changed the way we play

Since we climbed up the table we have started to revert back to the way we were playing at the start of the season

Nad its not just me saying that read back on this thread.....

Keep picking on me I can handle it im a muppet after all

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Nov 1 with 1142 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:57 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

So sad

Read what I say Im far from happy but yet you all think all is good

If you can t see that we have moved form a way of palying that got us wins and the recent good run of form then its sad.

#m not the only one on here tonight who is critical...Cat and others have had a go and made comments but no its just vetch

Maybe you guys will wake up hopefully beofre its too late.

Too late 🤣🤣🤣

Are we getting relegated?

It's evident that when we lose you are like a tramp on a kipper, all over the forum.

I'm sorry but it's you who is sad fella.
Login to get fewer ads

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:05 - Nov 1 with 1134 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

Too late 🤣🤣🤣

Are we getting relegated?

It's evident that when we lose you are like a tramp on a kipper, all over the forum.

I'm sorry but it's you who is sad fella.

I wish I were an uber fan like you

Im all over the forum when we win too

The problem is too many people cant see for looking...we dont have to be relegated for it to be too late...

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Nov 1 with 1120 viewscadleigh

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Nov 1 by magicdaps10

It's pathetic Raynor, things are not fantastic but we are 6th!!

Posters said he should be atleast play offs but even when he has us up there.....the knives are still out for him.

He just can't win whatever and the root is down to those posters holding a stance because people wanted Cooper out.

Its pathetic and these people need to grow up and get some sort of understanding into their head regards the situation we are in.

I didn't see the game as I was in a meeting until 9 (don't ask!) so just followed it on the BBC's updates and social media.

From what I have read, we had 72% possession but very little penetration for much of the game. It got better in the second half when the manger made some substitutions, and by the end we matched them for shots on target, but for most of the match we were passing without purpose.

Is that a fair summary?

And if that match had to be expressed as a pie chart, what proportion of the responsibility would you lay at Martin's door as manager for his team selection, match-day tactics and substitutions, and what proportion would you allocate to the players? (You can have a slice for the match officials if you'd like but not for the opposition, because it's our manager's job to outhink them IMO.)

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Nov 1 with 1120 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:05 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

I wish I were an uber fan like you

Im all over the forum when we win too

The problem is too many people cant see for looking...we dont have to be relegated for it to be too late...

Too late? Stop it, my sides are splitting 🤣🤣
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:13 - Nov 1 with 1100 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Nov 1 by cadleigh

I didn't see the game as I was in a meeting until 9 (don't ask!) so just followed it on the BBC's updates and social media.

From what I have read, we had 72% possession but very little penetration for much of the game. It got better in the second half when the manger made some substitutions, and by the end we matched them for shots on target, but for most of the match we were passing without purpose.

Is that a fair summary?

And if that match had to be expressed as a pie chart, what proportion of the responsibility would you lay at Martin's door as manager for his team selection, match-day tactics and substitutions, and what proportion would you allocate to the players? (You can have a slice for the match officials if you'd like but not for the opposition, because it's our manager's job to outhink them IMO.)

yes back to Russ's favoured play

Possesion for possesions sake passing for passing sake

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Nov 1 with 1090 viewsvetchonian

see below all quotes from other posters on this thread

We’re totally gutless. You need to be brave to win games and that we aren’t in afraid . Have we lurched back into our first 8 games methodology?

No desire to even get the ball into the box ffs!

We have been drilled so much to pass, pass, pass that nobody knows how to take responsibility.

No responsibility to take players on.

No responsibility to shoot.

Always looking for the next pass.

Tonight was a sh1tshow and says we’ve got another season in this league at least.

We have been the epitome of a mid table team tonight. The manager has to take responsibility for this lacklustre performance which has been totally devoid of any go forward until it was too late.

We never looked like scoring, yet another game with high possession stats and nothing else much positive.

72% possession and just 4 shots on target out of 14, preston had 9 shots and 4 on target.

We seem to have reverted to type, well the type some of us complained about. Some of our crossing tonight was terrible, nowhere near any of our players.

Shyte in the first half against Bristol, made substitutions, played well second half.

Shyte in the first half against Preston, made substitutions, played well second half.

Maybe Russ should start with his second half team, because at the moment, the team are all over the place.

Promotion ? not a f*cking chance.

Not jus me but several other yet you pick on me!!!

There are many other supporters who do not feel all is well

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Nov 1 with 1082 viewsmagicdaps10

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:03 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

No I said we are 6th because we changed the way we play

Since we climbed up the table we have started to revert back to the way we were playing at the start of the season

Nad its not just me saying that read back on this thread.....

Keep picking on me I can handle it im a muppet after all

I'm not picking on you and you most certainly are not a muppet.

Martin has been at the helm to get us into 7th, this is his team and he needs to take praise aswell as the knocks.

He was told that he should be atleast in and around the play offs, he is hitting that level but still there has to be a cloud over him because it doesn't fit the line for some.........things are not going the way some have set things up so new avenues are being created to save face.

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:24 - Nov 1 with 1082 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Nov 1 by magicdaps10

Martin has been at the helm to get us into 7th, this is his team and he needs to take praise aswell as the knocks.

He was told that he should be atleast in and around the play offs, he is hitting that level but still there has to be a cloud over him because it doesn't fit the line for some.........things are not going the way some have set things up so new avenues are being created to save face.

But since our rise up the table he has reverted to his "desired" style which os why we have lsot tonight scrapped a draw on Saturday...

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Nov 1 with 1080 viewscadleigh

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Nov 1 by magicdaps10

To be fair I think it's 80% frustration and 20% legacy conflicts from the Cooper era.

Frustration because the squad have proved they have it in them to be very good indeed and Martin and his assistants have delivered some sublime football - so when we revert back to aimless passing, it looks very much like that's because it what's the manager has told them to do.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:33 - Nov 1 with 1066 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Nov 1 by cadleigh

To be fair I think it's 80% frustration and 20% legacy conflicts from the Cooper era.

Frustration because the squad have proved they have it in them to be very good indeed and Martin and his assistants have delivered some sublime football - so when we revert back to aimless passing, it looks very much like that's because it what's the manager has told them to do.

thats a spot on observation

We have played some sublime football at times this season...compared to some of the dross I witnessed last season...Grimes and Naughton tapping the ball back and fore 10 yards apart on the halfway line ut also it does appear now we are "safe" we have gone back to MArtinball V!

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Nov 1 with 1053 viewsmagicdaps10

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Nov 1 by cadleigh

Not all things are as they seem.

I think sometimes people don't see the other team and we can just go out and play a certain way week after week.
Fans will get frustrated and the excuse is back to playing the Martin way.........its nonsense!

When we get things right then the football is more than decent for sure, unfortunately we can't and won't always play this way and they are trained to look after the ball if things don't happen.

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:37 - Nov 1 with 1053 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Nov 1 by magicdaps10

Not all things are as they seem.

I think sometimes people don't see the other team and we can just go out and play a certain way week after week.
Fans will get frustrated and the excuse is back to playing the Martin way.........its nonsense!

When we get things right then the football is more than decent for sure, unfortunately we can't and won't always play this way and they are trained to look after the ball if things don't happen.

I take my hat off to you Daps

Fair play you are defending him well

when we decide to use the ball we look good rather than when we decide to tyr to keep the ball !

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:38 - Nov 1 with 1053 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

see below all quotes from other posters on this thread

We’re totally gutless. You need to be brave to win games and that we aren’t in afraid . Have we lurched back into our first 8 games methodology?

No desire to even get the ball into the box ffs!

We have been drilled so much to pass, pass, pass that nobody knows how to take responsibility.

No responsibility to take players on.

No responsibility to shoot.

Always looking for the next pass.

Tonight was a sh1tshow and says we’ve got another season in this league at least.

We have been the epitome of a mid table team tonight. The manager has to take responsibility for this lacklustre performance which has been totally devoid of any go forward until it was too late.

We never looked like scoring, yet another game with high possession stats and nothing else much positive.

72% possession and just 4 shots on target out of 14, preston had 9 shots and 4 on target.

We seem to have reverted to type, well the type some of us complained about. Some of our crossing tonight was terrible, nowhere near any of our players.

Shyte in the first half against Bristol, made substitutions, played well second half.

Shyte in the first half against Preston, made substitutions, played well second half.

Maybe Russ should start with his second half team, because at the moment, the team are all over the place.

Promotion ? not a f*cking chance.

Not jus me but several other yet you pick on me!!!

There are many other supporters who do not feel all is well

I'm not on about any other poster, just you.

You are happy revelling in our loses and post numerous times when we lose when most of us just want to reach for a cold one from the fridge.

Some people are only happy when they are unhappy.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:43 - Nov 1 with 1035 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:38 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

I'm not on about any other poster, just you.

You are happy revelling in our loses and post numerous times when we lose when most of us just want to reach for a cold one from the fridge.

Some people are only happy when they are unhappy.

so why not have a go at these others who are clearly unhappy with how things are?

I am not happy revelling on our losses

As you can clearly see from those posts there are many other posters not happy tonight yet you pick on me

Is it because you are frightened because actually I may be proven right after all but then what would a muppet like me know?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 23:43]

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:48 - Nov 1 with 1031 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:43 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

so why not have a go at these others who are clearly unhappy with how things are?

I am not happy revelling on our losses

As you can clearly see from those posts there are many other posters not happy tonight yet you pick on me

Is it because you are frightened because actually I may be proven right after all but then what would a muppet like me know?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2022 23:43]

But there isn't anyone as so dead against Martin as you.

Every game we are losing or lose you post numerously about how sh!t he is and to get rid.

There is no one as vitriolic against him as you.

Why can't you see it?

It's embarrassing.
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:49 - Nov 1 with 1028 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:48 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

But there isn't anyone as so dead against Martin as you.

Every game we are losing or lose you post numerously about how sh!t he is and to get rid.

There is no one as vitriolic against him as you.

Why can't you see it?

It's embarrassing.

I think you will find there is another!

Im not vitriolic

I tend to be objective but then you dont understand that do you

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:50 - Nov 1 with 1026 viewsFireboy2

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:49 - Nov 1 by vetchonian

I think you will find there is another!

Im not vitriolic

I tend to be objective but then you dont understand that do you

Is there?

Who is it?

Objective 🤣🤣
Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:52 - Nov 1 with 1023 viewsvetchonian

Preston North End v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:50 - Nov 1 by Fireboy2

Is there?

Who is it?

Objective 🤣🤣

im like a dog with a bone

ok I give in

Russ is marvellous he is a great manager

Time will tell

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024