Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dickie linked... 08:12 - Nov 11 with 5322 viewsconnell10

wet Spam showing a interest .....yep 20 million and they might have a deal!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dickie linked... on 14:46 - Nov 11 with 1390 viewsPinnerPaul

Dickie linked... on 10:15 - Nov 11 by Antti_Heinola

Stats and pundits and my own eyes suggest he's more than 'decent' - probably one of the top 5 CBs in the league.
In terms of stepping up, ability-wise, he'd have no problem at all. He's one of the cleanest tacklers I've seen and his excellent at remaining on his feet and has excellent timing, is comfortable on the ball, good in the air, scores the odd barnstormer and can pass. Pace is his issue, so agree with you there - that is a real drawback in the Prem.

As someone else said, what you think he's 'worth' and what the market dictates are two radically different things. There's nothing in this West Ham nonsense, just newspaper reaction to the Ogbonna injury, but there are so many variables:

1. How long is his contract? He's just 16 months into a 4-year deal, so bargaining power there.
2. How valuable is he to us? Well, very. To the point where we would HAVE to buy a replacement. So that's a factor.
3. What's the date? Buying in January is risky and more expensive. QPR would want a higher price becausze they'd have to pay a premium for his replacement.
4. How much do West Ham want him? Well, if he's their main target, and they are a top 5 Prem club with aspirations of maybe even CL qualification this season, then again, they will have to pay a premium. West Ham also have previous in leaving things very late and then being forced to pay what is probably over the odds. They're not the smartest club in the transfer market in that respect.

The idea QPR would sell for £1m more thna they paid to a *premier league* club is laughable. I agree, he's not going for £12-£15m. But £6m would be the absolute minimum here.

Its all opinions I guess, but to say he could step up 'no problem at all', flies in the face of our and other Championship's clubs experiences when they sell 'decent' players to the PL.

Don't forget many on here kept telling me Mr Manning would play in the PL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeman, Smithies, Furlong have all struggled or simply not been good enough.
Dickie linked... on 15:11 - Nov 11 with 1354 viewsWadR

I think the point Antti made about 'clean tackler' is a significant one. Nelsen & Dunne are the only players of the last 20 years that have the same quality as Dickie to time tackles so well. That trait seems a key indicator that Dickie could make the step up.

I think the Prem is full of CBs who've come from the championship, perhaps more than any other position. I don't think Dickie is worse or slower than Liam Cooper or Shane Duffy or idk Craig Cathcart.

Not that I think there's much truth in the rumour but if West Ham are interested, he'd be playing in a really solid, deep defensive unit that is protected by one of the best defensive midfielders in the league - he'd be more than fine.
Dickie linked... on 16:52 - Nov 11 with 1229 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dickie linked... on 14:46 - Nov 11 by PinnerPaul

Its all opinions I guess, but to say he could step up 'no problem at all', flies in the face of our and other Championship's clubs experiences when they sell 'decent' players to the PL.

Don't forget many on here kept telling me Mr Manning would play in the PL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeman, Smithies, Furlong have all struggled or simply not been good enough.

We could also name dozens of players who have stepped up to the Prem and done fine. the vast majority of players in the Prem, in fact, will have come from weaker leagues, by definition. But you've taken one line and missed a fairly enormous qualifier - in terms of ability he'd have no problem (for reasons given)... but his pace would be an issue.

Was always a bit with you on Manning, who I never quite felt was as good as some fans believed. I think Freeman might have succeeded with a manager who knew how to play him (and to actually play him) and Smithies did replace Etheridge in the end, it just came after relegation, sadly. I don't think anyone was saying Furlong was a Prem player, but every WBA manager he's played under picks him every week, he had a promotion, a full season in the prem, and may well get another promotion. He's not going to play for England, but his trajectory is better than us as a club at the moment isn't it?

Bare bones.

Dickie linked... on 16:58 - Nov 11 with 1215 viewsLanhoop

They've just got a new shareholder who owns Sparta Prague so I'd think WHam are more likely to be bringing more Czech's in than our Rob.
Dickie linked... on 17:32 - Nov 11 with 1158 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sort of related to the issue of capability but wasn't 90% of England's WC finalist squad EFL graduates or something?
Dickie linked... on 00:09 - Nov 12 with 992 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It's probably clickbait but if there is interest then by definition West Ham are confident that he can step up. The question is, what is QPR's valuation? Given that the club is now run on the ethos of buy low, sell high, it would be commercial suicide to let him go cheap.

The stars are aligned on this one - It's the January transfer window, Dickie is 26, English, under contract, in great form, QPR already have Dunne on board, and a Czech billionaire recently acquired a 27% stake in West Ham. If it's to happen then make them pay!
Dickie linked... on 00:38 - Nov 12 with 960 viewsDavieQPR

He is not yet capable of playing for a Prem team aiming for Champions League football. Full stop.
Dickie linked... on 02:55 - Nov 12 with 941 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Dickie linked... on 00:38 - Nov 12 by DavieQPR

He is not yet capable of playing for a Prem team aiming for Champions League football. Full stop.

Maybe but if West Ham think so then that's all that matters. The January transfer window is a seller's market so if a PL club want Dickie then they have to pay handsomely. Full stop.
Login to get fewer ads

Dickie linked... on 06:23 - Nov 12 with 896 viewsnumptydumpty

Dickies form for first five or six games this season, I would have said this guy is way above our potential best status.

But since, his form has been very much of a mid table championship team which in essence generally what our club is.

West Ham currently are in a champions league spot, and they are not short of a few bob.

So if they are going to be buying a player in CB position, they would want one that is very competitive for a first team starting berth.

Dickie being of a standard in January to be a regular first team player in a club that are very competitive for European football.

Think I can smell something

It's total BS !!!!
[Post edited 12 Nov 2021 6:24]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dickie linked... on 09:15 - Nov 12 with 781 viewsPinnerPaul

Dickie linked... on 16:52 - Nov 11 by Antti_Heinola

We could also name dozens of players who have stepped up to the Prem and done fine. the vast majority of players in the Prem, in fact, will have come from weaker leagues, by definition. But you've taken one line and missed a fairly enormous qualifier - in terms of ability he'd have no problem (for reasons given)... but his pace would be an issue.

Was always a bit with you on Manning, who I never quite felt was as good as some fans believed. I think Freeman might have succeeded with a manager who knew how to play him (and to actually play him) and Smithies did replace Etheridge in the end, it just came after relegation, sadly. I don't think anyone was saying Furlong was a Prem player, but every WBA manager he's played under picks him every week, he had a promotion, a full season in the prem, and may well get another promotion. He's not going to play for England, but his trajectory is better than us as a club at the moment isn't it?

Can't disagree with most of that, except the QPR specific ones - we haven't had a player leave us and go on to what anyone would call a successful PL career since Sterling!

Eze was on the way before injury obviously and looks likely to, but that's about it.
Dickie linked... on 09:42 - Nov 12 with 743 viewsloftus77

Dickie linked... on 11:02 - Nov 11 by Malintabuk

Think that is the post that sums that one up.
Can't really see any prem club coming in for any of our players at the moment
Chair possibly in the summer if he keeps progressing, Willock maybe.... but none are head and shoulders as Eze was

I could see Watford coming in for Chair in January. What would they (or he) have to lose??
Dickie linked... on 10:15 - Nov 12 with 701 viewsLazyFan

Apparently, Manning was sold 20 times over to West Ham for £5m.
And we saw what happened there in reality.

Be very surprised if Dickie is bought by them. And it will be below £10m. However, this may allow us to keep Chair for another season!

zzzzzzzzzz

Dickie linked... on 10:25 - Nov 12 with 680 viewsPunteR

Isn't this just one if those things agents put out?

I think Dickie can make the step up btw. With us. ( Lol)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024