Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve 13:58 - Jun 25 with 4276 views80s_Boy

Hello everyone,

Have been reading various Rangers forums - nodding my head in agreement or shaking it on some occasions when not - for a while but thought I'd get more fun/satisfaction/cheaper therapy by playing an active role!

As the name suggests been going to Loftus Road since the 1980s - '84 to be precise - and was a regular Home and Awayer from 1989 - 2003, sporadic from then until 2015 due to real life getting in the way but a season ticket holder since 2016.

Looking forward to rekindling old memories talking about the 'old days', sharing/discussing opinions about the present days and speculating about the future! Working on the philosophy of Stealers Wheel - 'Clowns to he left of me, Jokers to the right' -not interested in changing my opinion that everyone is entitled to their own political beliefs and there are few people who have changed theirs because of something said to them on a forum so will seldom 'poke my nose in'!

First match: QPR 0 Liverpool 2 - 21st December 1984

First away game: Millwall 0 QPR 3 - Pre season friendly - August 1985

Favourite game attended: a bit leftfield and trying to avoid the obvious ones, Norwich 3 QPR 4 - March 1994

Worst game attended: Nottingham Forest 4 QPR 0 - August 1997

Favourite Rs player seen 'in the flesh': Alan McDonald

Cult hero: Devon White

Don't really hate Chelsea, Brentford or anyone to be completely honest...

COYRS

Lee

[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 14:01]
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 17:46 - Jun 25 with 1352 views80s_Boy

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 17:38 - Jun 25 by colinallcars

There are so many…I particularly like female jazz singers, a subject which was touched on in a recent thread about female singers in general.
I think their voices are better suited to jazz than blokes. There aren't that many male jazz singers in comparison.
Dee Dee Bridgewater's tribute to Horace Silver album is monumental.

I love what I've heard of Diana Krall.

Her live album in Paris is phenomenal.
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 17:50 - Jun 25 with 1342 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 17:38 - Jun 25 by colinallcars

There are so many…I particularly like female jazz singers, a subject which was touched on in a recent thread about female singers in general.
I think their voices are better suited to jazz than blokes. There aren't that many male jazz singers in comparison.
Dee Dee Bridgewater's tribute to Horace Silver album is monumental.

I’ve been thinking the same recently - not many posters on here that like Jazz.

Anyway not the greatest singer or jazzman by a long stretch but nobody will rip out your heart like Chet Baker.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 17:56 - Jun 25 with 1325 viewsted_hendrix

Hello.

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces."

Goodbye.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 17:58 - Jun 25 with 1323 viewsMick_S

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 17:56 - Jun 25 by ted_hendrix

Hello.

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces."

Goodbye.

Evening Lee.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 18:11 - Jun 25 with 1309 viewsDorse

Welcome aboard!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 19:24 - Jun 25 with 1260 viewsTacticalR

Welcome 80s_Boy.

Air hostess clique

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 21:10 - Jun 25 with 1175 viewswood_hoop

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 16:03 - Jun 25 by colinallcars

Please say you like jazz. That'd make two of us on this board.

colinallcars & 80s_boy, one more amongst all the 'hairy heathens' on here, weaned on Jazz by my folks from the early sixties but soul/funk took me over in the 70s, so more of a slightly decrepid old 'soul boy' now.....couple of tracks from the brothers I still adore though.

[Post edited 25 Jun 2021 21:19]
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 22:46 - Jun 25 with 1125 viewsStanmiguel

Seems there are more jazzers than we thought. I'm to be found poppin' my thumbs, diggin' the drums.
My wife thinks they're "playing all the wrong notes" - I guess you have to have an ear for it.
Login to get fewer ads

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 23:31 - Jun 25 with 1072 views80s_Boy

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 22:46 - Jun 25 by Stanmiguel

Seems there are more jazzers than we thought. I'm to be found poppin' my thumbs, diggin' the drums.
My wife thinks they're "playing all the wrong notes" - I guess you have to have an ear for it.

That's the problem I had.

Because no one in the family liked Jazz I had no exposure to it so when I first listened to some properly it seemed out of tune nonsense to be completely honest.

Also, non jazzos have a perception that its just one type of music when, of course, there are genres within the genre and even then nuances within each one too.

Apart from the other half, teaching me about jazz is the best gift from the father in law to me 😉
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 09:31 - Jun 26 with 925 viewsjohann28

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 23:31 - Jun 25 by 80s_Boy

That's the problem I had.

Because no one in the family liked Jazz I had no exposure to it so when I first listened to some properly it seemed out of tune nonsense to be completely honest.

Also, non jazzos have a perception that its just one type of music when, of course, there are genres within the genre and even then nuances within each one too.

Apart from the other half, teaching me about jazz is the best gift from the father in law to me 😉

Amother vote for jazz and female jazz singers. Agree Diana Krall, check out The Girl in the Other Room. Also, Clare Martin is as good as I've heard.
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 12:09 - Jun 26 with 855 viewsStanmiguel

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 09:31 - Jun 26 by johann28

Amother vote for jazz and female jazz singers. Agree Diana Krall, check out The Girl in the Other Room. Also, Clare Martin is as good as I've heard.

I like most of Krall's many albums which benefit from very warm productions. The same with Clare Martin, which is no surprise as she is on Linn records who also produce extremely high end audio. It even says on the cover " best played on Linn equipment.". Fine if you've won the lottery.
I particularly like the album Clare made with Ray Gelato.
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 13:17 - Jun 26 with 822 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 14:41 - Jun 25 by 80s_Boy

Straight in the the tough questions!

1) Not sure what it says about me but either a good French brie (not Cornish!) or smoked applewood!

2) Love most kinds of music from Blues to 80s pop, Brit Pop to Classical, opera to Prog. It's not a long list but the things my family got right were exposing me to a wide range of music tastes and QPR.

Favourite 5 bands/acts:

1) Pink Floyd (fanatical/obsessed about them)
2) Rolling Stones
3) Bowie
4) Fleetwood Mac (all versions)
5) Genesis (all versions)

Careful with those acts. U R's.

The grass is always greener.

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 14:47 - Jun 26 with 787 viewscolinallcars

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 14:41 - Jun 25 by 80s_Boy

Straight in the the tough questions!

1) Not sure what it says about me but either a good French brie (not Cornish!) or smoked applewood!

2) Love most kinds of music from Blues to 80s pop, Brit Pop to Classical, opera to Prog. It's not a long list but the things my family got right were exposing me to a wide range of music tastes and QPR.

Favourite 5 bands/acts:

1) Pink Floyd (fanatical/obsessed about them)
2) Rolling Stones
3) Bowie
4) Fleetwood Mac (all versions)
5) Genesis (all versions)

The Rolling Stones played at my pub the first night open after lockdown. Mind you, that landlord's a crafty bleeder, he put a penny on a pint.
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 14:59 - Jun 26 with 773 viewsMick_S

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 14:47 - Jun 26 by colinallcars

The Rolling Stones played at my pub the first night open after lockdown. Mind you, that landlord's a crafty bleeder, he put a penny on a pint.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 15:06 - Jun 26 with 763 views80s_Boy

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Salve on 12:09 - Jun 26 by Stanmiguel

I like most of Krall's many albums which benefit from very warm productions. The same with Clare Martin, which is no surprise as she is on Linn records who also produce extremely high end audio. It even says on the cover " best played on Linn equipment.". Fine if you've won the lottery.
I particularly like the album Clare made with Ray Gelato.

Haven't heard much of Clare Martin so will check her out 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024