Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 12 point deduction 20:58 - Jan 28 with 4448 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Is there anyone on here who wouldn't take that hit to be certain of being rid of our No 1 fan ?

Spoke to Fred about this a few weeks ago and his view at the time as that it was too high a price - hopefully my feedback as to what it would mean may have given him food for thought

Plus our recent results suggest we can avoid relegation even if the deduction is applied so the risk is lessened in my eyes as compared with when we spoke

Personally I'd take relegation every day if it guaranteed an Oyston free BFC albeit I'd rather we didn't but the priority as I see it must to remove the family Nothing should delay that for me

Thoughts?

#footballfirst

The 12 point deduction on 13:50 - Jan 29 with 919 viewsHannibal

The 12 point deduction on 13:35 - Jan 29 by 3goalsfred

Spud, I agree with the other posters, yours is a well thought out and considered post, well said.

TAM, credit where it’s due I wasn’t aware that you had opposed BST adopting NAPM as a policy. Fair play to you.

I must however echo Jane's surprise at your assertion that the division has been a two way street. I’m at a loss to think why you thought that was an appropriate comment to make when the lions share of abuse comes from the boycotters. The abuse directed at Jane for simply expressing an alternative view was unforgivable. The same applies to my posts on t'other side which prompted the very worst from a good many posters. Now I’m not looking for people to step in and defend me or anyone else but the silence from all the 'good posters' was deafening even even when the abuse was completely OTT.

So as Jane says, 2 way street my arris!

Fred

Fred, I have stayed away from this site for a while now. I don’t know if anyone has noticed or is bothered but the reason is it’s turning into AVFTT lite. I cannot and will not get involved on here when certain posters come on here from AVFTT to push their agendas and massage their egos on here and play their little games.

I find your comment about the silence of ‘good posters’ interesting as it appears to apply on here too now, sadly.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

The 12 point deduction on 14:00 - Jan 29 with 895 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

The 12 point deduction on 13:50 - Jan 29 by Hannibal

Fred, I have stayed away from this site for a while now. I don’t know if anyone has noticed or is bothered but the reason is it’s turning into AVFTT lite. I cannot and will not get involved on here when certain posters come on here from AVFTT to push their agendas and massage their egos on here and play their little games.

I find your comment about the silence of ‘good posters’ interesting as it appears to apply on here too now, sadly.

Well, that is one way of looking at it Hannibal.

I assume your post was a reference to TAM. I'm glad he takes the trouble to post on here, to be honest. In terms of volume of traffic, he could be forgiven for thinking it hardly worth the effort. But he is being inclusive.

As for the topics he raises, and the points he makes - well, it's an open forum, and he can post what he likes, within reason. Given where we are, what else would you have him post about? He's one of a small number of people who have worked tirelessly to get us to where we are currently at - which is possibly the most important few weeks the club has faced in donkey's years.

Your second sentence is quite revealing, I think. I think the only ego you are concerned with is your own, and your frustration that this forum isn't developing along your preferred lines is plain for all to see. Far from being AVFTT lite, I think it is developing a quirky and pleasant character all of its own.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

The 12 point deduction on 14:06 - Jan 29 with 899 viewsROTTWEILERS

The 12 point deduction on 14:00 - Jan 29 by basilrobbiereborn

Well, that is one way of looking at it Hannibal.

I assume your post was a reference to TAM. I'm glad he takes the trouble to post on here, to be honest. In terms of volume of traffic, he could be forgiven for thinking it hardly worth the effort. But he is being inclusive.

As for the topics he raises, and the points he makes - well, it's an open forum, and he can post what he likes, within reason. Given where we are, what else would you have him post about? He's one of a small number of people who have worked tirelessly to get us to where we are currently at - which is possibly the most important few weeks the club has faced in donkey's years.

Your second sentence is quite revealing, I think. I think the only ego you are concerned with is your own, and your frustration that this forum isn't developing along your preferred lines is plain for all to see. Far from being AVFTT lite, I think it is developing a quirky and pleasant character all of its own.

Back to the deduction. I'd like the EFL to apply their rules as they read. If that means minus 12 points then so be it.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 14:18]

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The 12 point deduction on 14:24 - Jan 29 with 885 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Hannibal

I honestly thought as you were moving back to this country, you had been too busy with all the hassle that brings.

I try not to get involved in other people discussions unless I think it's a blatant lie, racist, sexist, homophobic down right nasty etc... post.

So far in my honest opinion, I've not seen any of that yet.

Anyway hope you do keep posting, and hope the move went well.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 14:25]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

The 12 point deduction on 15:45 - Jan 29 with 868 viewsjanegallagher

The 12 point deduction on 14:24 - Jan 29 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Hannibal

I honestly thought as you were moving back to this country, you had been too busy with all the hassle that brings.

I try not to get involved in other people discussions unless I think it's a blatant lie, racist, sexist, homophobic down right nasty etc... post.

So far in my honest opinion, I've not seen any of that yet.

Anyway hope you do keep posting, and hope the move went well.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 14:25]

Let’s just pretend it doesn’t happen then. Let’s get back in our box Fred

We’ve got Simon Sadler

The 12 point deduction on 16:03 - Jan 29 with 856 viewsspell_chekker

Yes Hannibal, I'd noticed and wondered why you weren't posting. I was hoping that you'd come back in a calmer state of mind after settling in from your move.

I hope you, BRR, and TAM continue to post here.

BRR had posted some good stuff on this thread and while I agree that there are half a dozen anti BSA wums on AVFTT, the issues with the board and its posters are greater than that. I'll say no more, not wanting to criticise other boards and posters, especially in their absence.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The 12 point deduction on 17:40 - Jan 29 with 836 viewsLala

Hmmmm not one to want the stress these days so a short one from me.

H I don’t think this site is going anywhere like avftt. There is one clique on here and that’s all of us together.

I do agree with Jane and Fred that attendees have taken far more pelters for their stance than NAPM’s. It’s not right that anyone, including TAM should tolerate that but unfortunately not too many defended Fred and others and far too many joined in the persecution for it to be regarded irrelevant.

Hopefully a new dawn will bring an end to the division.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

The 12 point deduction on 18:05 - Jan 29 with 829 viewsTwelveAngryMen

The 12 point deduction on 13:43 - Jan 29 by basilrobbiereborn

I feel I have to back TAM up here. One of the more insidious characteristics of AVFTT these days is that there are a number (maybe less than a dozen) of posters who hide behind anonymity to try to undermine the Trust, and prominent people around it, at every turn.

Some of that stuff is made worse by the calculation that lies behind it. That's not to say that the kind of abuse that Jane is talking about is acceptable - it isn't. But people are behaving badly on both sides and have done so for ages.

The best thing I have seen on there this week was when Tramway decided to stir it for those who go and got pelters for his spitefulness from quite a number of people. There should be more of that kind of response to that kind of post, whichever camp it comes from.

We may be back in the stadium together soon. And the process of repairing our club starts with repairing the relationship with one another.

Fred I am not talking about forum posts ( though I have had all sorts of accusations thrown at me over the years in an attempt to discredit me / the Trust ) rather abuse to my face - most recently at the Fleetwood away game

I've also been threatened with having my head kicked in and called a liar ( loudly and repeatedly at Blackburn away just after I felt forced to settle with the Oystons )

As I said I'm not bothered but it isn't all one way so labelling the divisions at the door of NAPM is too simplistic
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:09]

#footballfirst

Login to get fewer ads

The 12 point deduction on 18:12 - Jan 29 with 818 viewsjanegallagher

The 12 point deduction on 18:05 - Jan 29 by TwelveAngryMen

Fred I am not talking about forum posts ( though I have had all sorts of accusations thrown at me over the years in an attempt to discredit me / the Trust ) rather abuse to my face - most recently at the Fleetwood away game

I've also been threatened with having my head kicked in and called a liar ( loudly and repeatedly at Blackburn away just after I felt forced to settle with the Oystons )

As I said I'm not bothered but it isn't all one way so labelling the divisions at the door of NAPM is too simplistic

TAM sadly very few will challenge you, even on here. I don’t know who you are trying to kid but I’m not one of them.

The abuse to attendees has been vile.

Thank god there’s people like LaLa and Fred about. Restores my sanity.

Hannibal also
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:14]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

The 12 point deduction on 18:33 - Jan 29 with 783 viewsLala

Forum abuse still counts though TAM and that is what Fred is referencing and carries it’s own weight.

Anyway I’m not sure if referencing Fred in your OP was a little mischievous to be honest. Intentionally or otherwise it felt like he had to come out to defend his stance whether he liked it or not. The op could have been posed without referencing Fred.

That may not seem important to some but it’s exactly the kind of divisive posting between individuals personal opinions some of us jumped over here to avoid. The subject is fine yes go for the ball but I don’t think the man needed to be a target. It may sit right and feel appropriate to play that way on avftt but unless I’m mistaken the general consensus is that it’s not wanted on here.
I’m not bashing anybody or anything here, merely making a constructive observation.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

The 12 point deduction on 18:34 - Jan 29 with 782 viewsROTTWEILERS

The 12 point deduction on 18:05 - Jan 29 by TwelveAngryMen

That's appalling TAM. I find the divisions and labels ULTRA boring nowadays.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

The 12 point deduction on 18:40 - Jan 29 with 773 viewsTwelveAngryMen

The 12 point deduction on 18:12 - Jan 29 by janegallagher

TAM sadly very few will challenge you, even on here. I don’t know who you are trying to kid but I’m not one of them.

The abuse to attendees has been vile.

Thank god there’s people like LaLa and Fred about. Restores my sanity.

Hannibal also
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:14]

Jane I haven't sought to suggest that there hasn't been abuse directed towards attendees There has
It's just not all one way That's the only point I make
If you choose to believe that hasn't happened that's your prerogative - the fact that I haven't made a big thing of it doesn't mean it didn't happen
In any event if we are going to move forward the divisions within the fanbase need to be overcome - and that was the point I was making earlier in the thread not to ' open up the wounds '
I don't know you but I do know Fred and Lala and I'd like to think that our shared passion for BFC will mean that whatever differences of opinion we might have can always be overcome
If that doesn't happen it doesn't auger well for BFC's future

#footballfirst

The 12 point deduction on 18:46 - Jan 29 with 762 viewsLala

Agree TAM. We need to be unite and we need to do that now.

The 12 point deduction on 18:51 - Jan 29 with 754 viewsTwelveAngryMen

The 12 point deduction on 18:46 - Jan 29 by Lala

Cheers Lala and sorry if my mentioning Fred was perceived as a dig at him It wasn't - he's one of the few attendees who takes the time to speak to BST pre-match and good on him for doing so
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 18:52]

#footballfirst

The 12 point deduction on 18:54 - Jan 29 with 748 viewsLala

Fair enough and yes it’s always good to discuss things calmly 👍

The 12 point deduction on 19:03 - Jan 29 with 741 viewsspell_chekker

The 12 point deduction on 18:46 - Jan 29 by Lala

I'd say that neither Fred nor Tam are of the sort to throw abuse around yet they've both been subject to it.

"Anyway I’m not sure if referencing Fred in your OP was a little mischievous to be honest." - A succinct observation.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The 12 point deduction on 20:19 - Jan 29 with 726 viewsImperial

The 12 point deduction on 13:43 - Jan 29 by basilrobbiereborn

I feel I have to back TAM up here. One of the more insidious characteristics of AVFTT these days is that there are a number (maybe less than a dozen) of posters who hide behind anonymity to try to undermine the Trust, and prominent people around it, at every turn.

Some of that stuff is made worse by the calculation that lies behind it. That's not to say that the kind of abuse that Jane is talking about is acceptable - it isn't. But people are behaving badly on both sides and have done so for ages.

The best thing I have seen on there this week was when Tramway decided to stir it for those who go and got pelters for his spitefulness from quite a number of people. There should be more of that kind of response to that kind of post, whichever camp it comes from.

We may be back in the stadium together soon. And the process of repairing our club starts with repairing the relationship with one another.

I think the risk of a 12 point deduction is worth it. Thanks to 2 excellent managers the impact will not be catastrophic.

Building bridges between fans will be a bigger issue in my opinion. It will never be the same as before. The miners strike in the 80's still divides communities and for many there is a similar strength of feeling over Blackpool fc .
The 12 point deduction on 20:24 - Jan 29 with 720 viewsspell_chekker

The 12 point deduction on 20:19 - Jan 29 by Imperial

I think the risk of a 12 point deduction is worth it. Thanks to 2 excellent managers the impact will not be catastrophic.

Building bridges between fans will be a bigger issue in my opinion. It will never be the same as before. The miners strike in the 80's still divides communities and for many there is a similar strength of feeling over Blackpool fc .

Too true Imperial. BFC can't afford to lose many fans over this, we could be screwed.

The 12 point deduction on 19:45 - Jan 31 with 659 viewsImperial

The 12 point deduction on 20:24 - Jan 29 by spell_chekker

Too true Imperial. BFC can't afford to lose many fans over this, we could be screwed.

I was wondering are the season ticket holders content with the low crowds and lack of atmosphere?
Are they happy with the current situation?
Owen or a 12 point deduction?
Do they want the rest of the fan base back?
I have not spoken to an attendee for some time or heard their views.
The 12 point deduction on 19:50 - Jan 31 with 653 viewsjanegallagher

The 12 point deduction on 19:45 - Jan 31 by Imperial

I was wondering are the season ticket holders content with the low crowds and lack of atmosphere?
Are they happy with the current situation?
Owen or a 12 point deduction?
Do they want the rest of the fan base back?
I have not spoken to an attendee for some time or heard their views.

I don’t even want to think of a 12 point deduction. Our manager and players have been fantastic it would be such a bloody shame.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

The 12 point deduction on 19:55 - Jan 31 with 644 viewsjanegallagher

The 12 point deduction on 19:50 - Jan 31 by janegallagher

I don’t even want to think of a 12 point deduction. Our manager and players have been fantastic it would be such a bloody shame.

Imperial Fred’s view is on here? Not sure who you’re directing your question to?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

The 12 point deduction on 20:02 - Jan 31 with 629 viewsImperial

The 12 point deduction on 19:50 - Jan 31 by janegallagher

I have said in the past we have had 2 first class managers and our share of luck. Do you think the current owners have got the attendees support Jane?
The 12 point deduction on 20:03 - Jan 31 with 628 viewsTwelveAngryMen

The 12 point deduction on 19:55 - Jan 31 by janegallagher

Imperial Fred’s view is on here? Not sure who you’re directing your question to?

It would be a shame but not the end of the world

As I alluded to earlier I reckon the players would swap the 12 points for an end to the nonsense they have to put up with day in day out

Hopefully if / when it happens the EFL will be sympathetic

Not holding my breath

#footballfirst

The 12 point deduction on 20:03 - Jan 31 with 628 viewsjanegallagher

The 12 point deduction on 20:02 - Jan 31 by Imperial

I have said in the past we have had 2 first class managers and our share of luck. Do you think the current owners have got the attendees support Jane?

You’ve lost me

We’ve got Simon Sadler

The 12 point deduction (n/t) on 20:06 - Jan 31 with 623 viewsImperial

The 12 point deduction on 20:03 - Jan 31 by janegallagher

You’ve lost me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024