Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract players 16:29 - Mar 4 with 16724 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Who are we keeping out of these ?

Niall Canavan
Harrison mcgahey
Stephen Humphreys
Reece Brown
Scott Wiseman
Joe Thompson
Brad Inman
Keith Keane
Steven Davies
Andy cannon
Billy Knott
Sam Hart
Mark Kitching
Alex Dobre
Matty Gillam
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 23:03]
Out of contract players on 07:28 - May 3 with 2931 viewsaleanddale

Niall Canavan - Release
Harrison McGahey - This is the one player I would go all out to keep.
Reece Brown - Release - Hills worse signing ( ever ).
Joe Thompson - would love to think he had a career at Dale but sadly not as a player
Keith Keane - Tough call - would say release based on injury record
Steven Davies - anther tough one... best finisher at the club when fit
Andy Cannon - Alongside Harrison McGahey another we will offer terms to I am sure
Mark Kitching - Release
Matty Gillam - Release

In a nutshell a lot depends on what league we are in but an opportunity to clear the decks and get some fresh new faces in.

I hope our recruitment involves some raw pace and hungry players - just look at Accy they got it spot on this season.
Out of contract players on 09:52 - May 3 with 2822 viewsShun

I’d be surprised to see Kitching released. I think he’s had a relatively good season and when Hill signed him he went out of his way to praise him for being a Hill type of player and gushed about how they share the same personality.
Out of contract players on 10:36 - May 3 with 2774 viewsrochdaleriddler

Out of contract players on 07:28 - May 3 by aleanddale

Niall Canavan - Release
Harrison McGahey - This is the one player I would go all out to keep.
Reece Brown - Release - Hills worse signing ( ever ).
Joe Thompson - would love to think he had a career at Dale but sadly not as a player
Keith Keane - Tough call - would say release based on injury record
Steven Davies - anther tough one... best finisher at the club when fit
Andy Cannon - Alongside Harrison McGahey another we will offer terms to I am sure
Mark Kitching - Release
Matty Gillam - Release

In a nutshell a lot depends on what league we are in but an opportunity to clear the decks and get some fresh new faces in.

I hope our recruitment involves some raw pace and hungry players - just look at Accy they got it spot on this season.

Steven Davies is hungry

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Out of contract players on 10:56 - May 3 with 2747 viewsDaleiLama

Out of contract players on 09:52 - May 3 by Shun

I’d be surprised to see Kitching released. I think he’s had a relatively good season and when Hill signed him he went out of his way to praise him for being a Hill type of player and gushed about how they share the same personality.

I remember hearing Kitching accusing Hill of individual errors in an interview.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Out of contract players on 11:50 - May 3 with 2660 viewsD_Alien

Out of contract players on 10:56 - May 3 by DaleiLama

I remember hearing Kitching accusing Hill of individual errors in an interview.

That was because Hill needed to grow up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Out of contract players on 12:21 - May 3 with 2611 viewsMIlnrowdale

Cannon & McGahey offer 2 year deals
Davis offer a pay as you play deal

The rest could go for me
Out of contract players on 12:41 - May 3 with 2566 viewssandy_dale

Out of contract players on 22:38 - Mar 4 by DareToCalvin

I've done a bit of research and I think the players out of contract are:
Canavan (not a bad backup option, maybe keep on small wages)
McGahey (in Football Manager we had a clause in our favour which allowed us to extend for a year, not sure if this is true though)
Brown (release, interesting as in the training pictures released recently he's not been in a single one, wonder if he's still at the club? No mention of otherwise)
Thompson (deserves another year in my opinion)
Keane (like has been said, depends how injury-prone he is, I think he's an important player when fit in that defensive mid role)
Cannon (get him signed up immediately, 2 years at least hopefully)
Kitching (think he's come on leaps and bounds, deserves another 2 years in my opinion to see if he can continue developing)
Gillam (I trust Hill with this one, we have an option in our favour to extend)

I saw him getting out of his brand new 38k Merc outside the ground in a full Rochdale tracksuit at the game against oldham
Out of contract players on 14:55 - May 3 with 2451 viewsDaleiLama

Out of contract players on 11:50 - May 3 by D_Alien

That was because Hill needed to grow up

Into a mountain?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract players on 15:24 - May 3 with 2412 viewsD_Alien

Out of contract players on 14:55 - May 3 by DaleiLama

Into a mountain?

Yep, from a hillock

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Out of contract players on 18:17 - May 3 with 2324 viewsalbert_park

In your opinion!
Out of contract players on 18:49 - May 6 with 2087 viewselectricblue

Now that Dale have secured another season in League 1 there isnt room for any sentiment with regards who Hill releases..
The squad as to improve simple as that...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Out of contract players on 18:51 - May 6 with 2081 viewsmacro

Dobre didn't hang around yesterday.
Out of contract players on 19:23 - May 6 with 2022 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Out of contract players on 18:51 - May 6 by macro

Dobre didn't hang around yesterday.

Don’t blame him. How many games have our loan players played in?

Still we survived and if jt does not get a role next season then something is wrong. I would have him as player/community with kh as he is a great role model.

In fairness he is no world beater in any position but he can do a job in all but keeper, and the goal last night was a hell of a finish!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Out of contract players on 11:44 - May 7 with 1741 viewsSaxonDale

Niall Canavan- Release

Harrison Mcgahey- I still think he's got a lot to learn and is very rough around the edges but his potential is obvious to see. Offer new contract.

Stephen Humphreys- Interesting one. Few weeks ago I would have said keep but I'm not sure whether we can really afford to have a player we're waiting on to develop. Judging by his tweet the other day he's expecting to return to Fulham.

Reece Brown- Release

Scott Wiseman- Depends what else is out there. I think Raff has highlighted this season that he needs competition. Keep.

Joe Thompson- Keep. I do think he can do a role in a L1 squad as long as we're not expecting 15 goals/assists to his name. Would be the biggest PR own goal of the season if we were to release him now (Don't think Hilly would have anyway)

Brad Inman- Try and keep. He's finally finding his feet again and he's clearly good enough when on song. We need to hit the ground running next season.

Keith Keane- I think he's as good a defender/ defensive midfielder as we've got or could get however I don't know how serious his injuries are and whether he's expected to make a recovery from them. He's definitely the leader that our defence has missed at times. Leave this one to Hilly.

Steven Davies- Release. It's a shame that for whatever reason his fitness has gone away this season. He's shown in the big games how good he can be- even on Saturday his experience in keeping the ball in the corner was exactly what we needed. Think the wage he's presumably on needs to be spent on a 40+ game a season player.

Andy cannon- Keep and offer 3 year deal. Whatever midfield starts next August should have him in it.

Billy Knott- Send back, hasn't made an impresson.

Sam Hart- See above.

Mark Kitching- Keep. This squad needs more Kitching utility players and less Reece Brown's.

Alex Dobre- Send back, too much of a maverick.

Matty Gillam- Release. Unfortunately I think he's too far off making a big impact for us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024