Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract players 16:29 - Mar 4 with 16723 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Who are we keeping out of these ?

Niall Canavan
Harrison mcgahey
Stephen Humphreys
Reece Brown
Scott Wiseman
Joe Thompson
Brad Inman
Keith Keane
Steven Davies
Andy cannon
Billy Knott
Sam Hart
Mark Kitching
Alex Dobre
Matty Gillam
[Post edited 4 Mar 2018 23:03]
Out of contract players on 14:48 - Mar 5 with 4671 viewsChaffRAFC

Out of contract players on 14:09 - Mar 5 by leedsdale

That's pretty much my thinking, Chaff, although I'd be tempted to give Kitching another year.

In my view, he's been at Dale for over a year now and this is his first bit of decent form. He's not been given that much of a chance but there must be a reason behind that.

Wouldn't lose sleep over him going but if Hill were to offer him a deal I wouldn't be bothered.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Out of contract players on 15:17 - Mar 5 with 4617 viewsSuddenLad

Out of contract players on 14:48 - Mar 5 by ChaffRAFC

In my view, he's been at Dale for over a year now and this is his first bit of decent form. He's not been given that much of a chance but there must be a reason behind that.

Wouldn't lose sleep over him going but if Hill were to offer him a deal I wouldn't be bothered.

If you remember, he came initially on loan, but almost immediately, the deal was made permanent.

I'm pretty sure that the comments were that he was a great prospect but that we shouldn't expect too much, too soon.

That suggests to me that he had him in his long term plans. He has definitely been worth his place in recent weeks, so maybe he is starting to show what was expected.

I'd be keeping him.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Out of contract players on 15:29 - Mar 5 with 4604 viewsBainesy15

I'm convinced Brown is on a two year deal...

Edit - ignore me it's 12 months

Morley is contracted to the summer of 2019
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 15:37]
Out of contract players on 16:01 - Mar 5 with 4554 views442Dale

The manager should acknowledge the errors in recruitment, though not sure he has yet!

Agree with all Chaff’s apart from Kitching who has done enough recently to get another year. Can’t see McGahey staying so we’d need at least two centre halves, whichever division we are in. Again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Out of contract players on 16:40 - Mar 5 with 4510 viewsnordenblue

Out of contract players on 16:01 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

The manager should acknowledge the errors in recruitment, though not sure he has yet!

Agree with all Chaff’s apart from Kitching who has done enough recently to get another year. Can’t see McGahey staying so we’d need at least two centre halves, whichever division we are in. Again.

Harrison will be moving to pastures new I'd think regardless what we offer,we can't compete with what others will no doubt offer him/his agent!!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 16:40]
Out of contract players on 16:54 - Mar 5 with 4483 viewsdingdangblue

Out of contract players on 16:40 - Mar 5 by nordenblue

Harrison will be moving to pastures new I'd think regardless what we offer,we can't compete with what others will no doubt offer him/his agent!!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 16:40]

He''ll be under 24 if he leaves so at least we will get 'compensation' not quite sure how that will work with a player we've not brought through ourselves.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Out of contract players on 17:34 - Mar 5 with 4428 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Out of contract players on 12:40 - Mar 5 by TVOS1907

In order to 'cart him off on loan', someone needs to want him.

..............correct,.......speaks volumes of the quality we have there?
Out of contract players on 17:48 - Mar 5 with 4418 viewsJames1980

Is it possible some of the players that have failed to impress this season might to quite well in league 2 IF we end up there?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract players on 12:33 - Mar 6 with 4168 viewsShun

Out of contract players on 17:48 - Mar 5 by James1980

Is it possible some of the players that have failed to impress this season might to quite well in league 2 IF we end up there?

That could well be the case, and is one of the few silver linings to being relegated. I'm not sure how Williams has been getting on at Lincoln but he started off there impressively, so perhaps if we are in League Two next season and he remains at Rochdale then he'll have an improved season. Similarly the jump from youth football to League Two won't be as big a jump for Adshead, Gillam, Morley, and any others waiting to come through so we might see more of them and it might even be to their benefit starting their careers with a more seamless transition at a lower level.

On the other hand, it means we're more vulnerable to losing the players we know are capable of playing well in League One such as Camps and Cannon (Henderson's age and long contract should put off any suitors).
Out of contract players on 13:42 - Mar 6 with 4093 viewsseasidedale

I wouldnt be suprised to see a swap dealwith Lincoln, Williams for Knott
Out of contract players on 14:16 - Mar 6 with 4052 viewsNorthernDale

J William's is spending all his time on the bench at Lincoln, so they have looked at him may decide he is not the one for them, only time will tell.

R Brown - dead cert to go
N Canavan - as above
H McGahey - may not sign a contract and move to another league 1 team
B Knott (his loan period as not been a success so far)- but KH may still sign him
B Inman (he as been ineffectual most of the time)- as above, KH likes challenges
S Wiseman - Dale will sign him, despite the fact he is past it
J Thompson - I am not sure if he is under contract but I would let him go.
K Keane - I would keep him
S Davies - when fit he will get the goals, but his fitness is the issue, keep him
A Cannon - I would keep him, but I can see him going after the way KH as treated him
C Camps - Will be sold
M Kitching - keep him, he will become a good midfielder given time
J Rafferty - I hope he is under contract for next season
M Gillam - He as not been given his chance and deserves to stay
S Humphreys - will be back at Fulham, as we will spend the money to sign him
J Williams - I expect him to be back at the Dale next season
A Morley - hopefully he is under contract for next season
O Rathbone - hopefully he is under contract for next season, because he is a good player
K Nlithe - He is under contract but I would let him leave
S Hart - would Blackburn let him go and would he come to the Dale?

As indicated above, I am worried that we could lose the essential players in the summer that we will need if relegated or even if we survive:

J Rafferty, H McGahey, C Camps, A Cannon, O Rathbone, M Kitching,
and I would not be surprised him somebody came in for Ian Henderson as well, his age is against him, but he as the skills and ability that would attract other teams in league 1.
Out of contract players on 15:05 - Mar 6 with 4009 viewsTVOS1907

Out of contract players on 14:16 - Mar 6 by NorthernDale

J William's is spending all his time on the bench at Lincoln, so they have looked at him may decide he is not the one for them, only time will tell.

N Canavan - as above
B Knott (his loan period as not been a success so far)- but KH may still sign him
B Inman (he as been ineffectual most of the time)- as above, KH likes challenges
S Davies - when fit he will get the goals, but his fitness is the issue, keep him
A Cannon - I would keep him, but I can see him going after the way KH as treated him
C Camps - Will be sold
O Rathbone - hopefully he is under contract for next season, because he is a good player

As indicated above, I am worried that we could lose the essential players in the summer that we will need if relegated or even if we survive:

and I would not be surprised him somebody came in for Ian Henderson as well, his age is against him, but he as the skills and ability that would attract other teams in league 1.

Why would you keep Keane and Davies?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Out of contract players on 16:33 - Mar 6 with 3945 viewsSuddenLad

Out of contract players on 14:16 - Mar 6 by NorthernDale

N Canavan - as above
C Camps - Will be sold

Bit early to rate Knott, Hart or Dobre because they have been unavailable for many of our games since they arrived, due to being cup-tied.

We'll have a far better idea a month from now, assuming they get game time in that period.

In any case, they aren't our players to begin with, so it's really out of our hands.....?

Out of contract players on 17:52 - Mar 6 with 3881 viewsNorthernDale

I suggested keeping Keane because when he is fit, he can sit in front of the defence or be used in the midfield and provide the organisational and experience needed, which we have lacked up to January. The introduction of Cannon and Kitching back into the midfield as help address this problem, so that is why a fit Keane is useful player to have in the squad.

Davies when fit is a good striker, looking at the forums own data he as played 23 league games ( 8 started and 15 subs app) and score 5 goals, Matty Done as appeared in 30 league games (including subs)and scored 5 goals, Calvin Andrews as made a total of 20 league (including sub) appearances and scored 3 goals. The only player to exceed this is Henderson who as made a total of 27 league app and scored 8 goals. So Davies appearances to goals is the good. It is just the issue of keeping him fit for the season.
Out of contract players on 19:36 - Mar 6 with 3805 viewsTVOS1907

Out of contract players on 17:52 - Mar 6 by NorthernDale

I suggested keeping Keane because when he is fit, he can sit in front of the defence or be used in the midfield and provide the organisational and experience needed, which we have lacked up to January. The introduction of Cannon and Kitching back into the midfield as help address this problem, so that is why a fit Keane is useful player to have in the squad.

Davies when fit is a good striker, looking at the forums own data he as played 23 league games ( 8 started and 15 subs app) and score 5 goals, Matty Done as appeared in 30 league games (including subs)and scored 5 goals, Calvin Andrews as made a total of 20 league (including sub) appearances and scored 3 goals. The only player to exceed this is Henderson who as made a total of 27 league app and scored 8 goals. So Davies appearances to goals is the good. It is just the issue of keeping him fit for the season.

We're carrying enough passengers as it is. Whichever league we're in next season, we can't afford to have too many players who are hardly going to play due to injury, particularly those who will be on relatively high wages.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Out of contract players on 08:06 - Mar 9 with 3377 viewsDaley_Lama

Out of contract players on 13:42 - Mar 6 by seasidedale

I wouldnt be suprised to see a swap dealwith Lincoln, Williams for Knott

Knott has made 1 sub appearance i think for Dale. I don’t think Hill will be beating a doir to Sincil Bank to sign him.

Following Williams ‘best ever feeling’ debut for Lincoln he was subbed after 45 minutes in his next game and has been occasionally used from the subs bench when Matty Rhead runs out of puff.

Poll: DF in or out

Out of contract players on 18:35 - Mar 10 with 3071 viewscalvinw123

Out of contract players on 17:53 - Mar 4 by seasidedale

Isnt morley on a two year deal ?

He is.
Out of contract players on 19:09 - May 2 with 2616 viewsDannyG_RAFC

Time to put my 10p in.

Niall Canavan - Defender thats been injured for 8 month straight now. Has to be Released.

Harrison Mcgahey - Must be offered a new deal, better terms if need be. Adds vital pace to the backline and still only young.

Stephen Humphreys - Done more than enough in his loan spell to warrant us pursuing a permanent transfer/season loan. If Fulham get promoted chances of him leaving are stronger.

Reece Brown - I don't know why he's still here. All I know is he drives an 18Reg Merc and hes not a team player. Release.

Scott Wiseman - Hills mate. Really impressive vs Plymouth then dropped at Oxford. Won't do any harm continuing as a squad player. 6 or 12 month deal.

Joe Thompson - Enough with the sentiment now. We're probably top heavy in the midfield/striker area and it would make more sense to bring through young blood. Release with heavy heart.

Brad Inman - He's done more than enough to be offered a deal. Cemented his place in the starting X1 and chipped in goals and assists. Can't imagine Posh will want him next season as they plan for promotion again. Like him.

Keith Keane - Really unlucky with Injuries this season. Who knows where we'd be with him in the squad every week. An absolute warrior. League 2 Yes. League 1 No. I'll leave it up to Hill.

Steven Davies - The best finisher we've had since Scott Hogan. What is it with him and fitness. If he played 90 minutes every week he'd be in the Championship. League 2 would be perfect for him. League 1 not so sure. Up to Hill.

Andy cannon - Should be the number one priority to retain at the end of the season. Back to Back to Back Player of the month awards tell you why its essential we keep him. He's too good for League 2, He won't want to play there in my opinion.

Billy Knott - Not good enough. Give Jordan Williams another bash.

Sam Hart - Not given a chance. Happy to see him go back to Blackburn.

Mark Kitching - Keep, still young and hes become more than a squad player this season.

Alex Dobre - Doesn't track back, Looks good on the attack but we have better players that do that. Back to Ballmouth.

Matty Gillam - I've not seen enough of him to see him warrant a deal. He's still only 19. Leave it up to Hill.
Out of contract players on 20:56 - May 2 with 2462 viewsNorthernDale

This is my selection

Niall Canavan - release
Harrison MCGahey - a new 2 contract (but I think he will reject it)
Reece Brown - release (why did we sign him?)
Joe Thompson - release (he is not good enough)
Keith Keane - new 1 year contract (fitness is an issue)
Steve Davies - new 1 year contract (fitness is an issue, but is record this season is on average 1 goal in 4 games)
Andy Cannon - new 2 contract
Mark Kitching - new 1 year contract
Matty Gillam - new 1 year contract (he as potential)
Jordan Williams - I would seek to offload him and get our money back

Loans
Scott Wiseman - I would sign him on a 1 year contract (cover for Rafferty)
Brad Inman - I would sign him on a 1 year contract

Stephen Humphreys - a possible season long loan (of if free a 1 year contract)
Alex Dobre - a possible season long loan, it will allow KH to work on his game.

Bill Knott - send him back
Sam Hart - considering we have not really seen him, I will pass judgement on him

I can see us losing Callum Camps in the summer, ,

we will need to sign
2 new central defenders (if McGahey leaves),
a good left back as cover (Nlithe is not good enough),
2 midfielders (if camps leave, I wonder if Lund will be available)
1 good goal scorer (like Dennis at Chesterfield)
[Post edited 2 May 2018 21:00]
Out of contract players on 21:04 - May 2 with 2426 views442Dale

Out of contract players on 20:56 - May 2 by NorthernDale

This is my selection

Niall Canavan - release
Harrison MCGahey - a new 2 contract (but I think he will reject it)
Reece Brown - release (why did we sign him?)
Joe Thompson - release (he is not good enough)
Keith Keane - new 1 year contract (fitness is an issue)
Steve Davies - new 1 year contract (fitness is an issue, but is record this season is on average 1 goal in 4 games)
Andy Cannon - new 2 contract
Mark Kitching - new 1 year contract
Matty Gillam - new 1 year contract (he as potential)
Jordan Williams - I would seek to offload him and get our money back

Loans
Scott Wiseman - I would sign him on a 1 year contract (cover for Rafferty)
Brad Inman - I would sign him on a 1 year contract

Stephen Humphreys - a possible season long loan (of if free a 1 year contract)
Alex Dobre - a possible season long loan, it will allow KH to work on his game.

Bill Knott - send him back
Sam Hart - considering we have not really seen him, I will pass judgement on him

I can see us losing Callum Camps in the summer, ,

we will need to sign
2 new central defenders (if McGahey leaves),
a good left back as cover (Nlithe is not good enough),
2 midfielders (if camps leave, I wonder if Lund will be available)
1 good goal scorer (like Dennis at Chesterfield)
[Post edited 2 May 2018 21:00]

If we lose Camps, who to and how much?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Out of contract players on 21:07 - May 2 with 2427 viewsBartRowou

Joe Thompson's strength is defensive midfielder (as it was last year before the cancer came back). Can't be bothered to check the stats but if you look at the games where he's been in the first XI recently, he's helped us keep a clean sheet in nearly all of those games until being substituted.

Humphrys' body language appears to have changed since his early sub v Wigan. I'd be surprised if he's in the squad v Charlton never mind being here next year.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Out of contract players on 21:46 - May 2 with 2355 viewsShun

Out of contract players on 19:09 - May 2 by DannyG_RAFC

Time to put my 10p in.

Niall Canavan - Defender thats been injured for 8 month straight now. Has to be Released.

Harrison Mcgahey - Must be offered a new deal, better terms if need be. Adds vital pace to the backline and still only young.

Stephen Humphreys - Done more than enough in his loan spell to warrant us pursuing a permanent transfer/season loan. If Fulham get promoted chances of him leaving are stronger.

Reece Brown - I don't know why he's still here. All I know is he drives an 18Reg Merc and hes not a team player. Release.

Scott Wiseman - Hills mate. Really impressive vs Plymouth then dropped at Oxford. Won't do any harm continuing as a squad player. 6 or 12 month deal.

Joe Thompson - Enough with the sentiment now. We're probably top heavy in the midfield/striker area and it would make more sense to bring through young blood. Release with heavy heart.

Brad Inman - He's done more than enough to be offered a deal. Cemented his place in the starting X1 and chipped in goals and assists. Can't imagine Posh will want him next season as they plan for promotion again. Like him.

Keith Keane - Really unlucky with Injuries this season. Who knows where we'd be with him in the squad every week. An absolute warrior. League 2 Yes. League 1 No. I'll leave it up to Hill.

Steven Davies - The best finisher we've had since Scott Hogan. What is it with him and fitness. If he played 90 minutes every week he'd be in the Championship. League 2 would be perfect for him. League 1 not so sure. Up to Hill.

Andy cannon - Should be the number one priority to retain at the end of the season. Back to Back to Back Player of the month awards tell you why its essential we keep him. He's too good for League 2, He won't want to play there in my opinion.

Billy Knott - Not good enough. Give Jordan Williams another bash.

Sam Hart - Not given a chance. Happy to see him go back to Blackburn.

Mark Kitching - Keep, still young and hes become more than a squad player this season.

Alex Dobre - Doesn't track back, Looks good on the attack but we have better players that do that. Back to Ballmouth.

Matty Gillam - I've not seen enough of him to see him warrant a deal. He's still only 19. Leave it up to Hill.

Can’t disagree with a lot of that. Retaining Cannon is the biggest priority of the summer. Of the loanees, I’d much rather we tried to get Inman than Humphrys, but I wouldn’t be disappointed with the latter.
Out of contract players on 21:53 - May 2 with 2328 viewsScunnydale

Out of contract players on 21:46 - May 2 by Shun

Can’t disagree with a lot of that. Retaining Cannon is the biggest priority of the summer. Of the loanees, I’d much rather we tried to get Inman than Humphrys, but I wouldn’t be disappointed with the latter.

It depends who is cheapest. If Inman or Humphreys said "I'm free", I'd take either.
Out of contract players on 22:15 - May 2 with 2269 viewsSuddenLad

Out of contract players on 21:53 - May 2 by Scunnydale

It depends who is cheapest. If Inman or Humphreys said "I'm free", I'd take either.

Posh chairman said there was nomway he would be selling Inman, so we shall see if he has changed his mind.............if he's available, I'd make a bid.....

Out of contract players on 23:50 - May 2 with 2186 viewsmacro

Out of contract players on 13:58 - Mar 5 by ChaffRAFC

Niall Canavan - RELEASE
Harrison McGahey - NEW 2 YEAR DEAL
Reece Brown - RELEASE
Joe Thompson - RELEASE
Keith Keane - RELEASE
Steven Davies - RELEASE
Andy Cannon - NEW 2 YEAR DEAL
Mark Kitching - RELEASE
Matty Gillam - RELEASE

I’d take a punt that 7 of those will be correct

Canavan, Brown, Keane, Davies, Kitching released

Cannon and McGahey offered deals of which might not be signed

I do wonder though if Thompson and Gillam will be offered new deals - I’d be surprised if Gillam wasn’t
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024