Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bethan Jenkins AM 17:13 - Sep 1 with 4595 viewsDarran

You can't argue with this. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:05 - Sep 1 with 4476 viewsr0ckin

Virtue signalling at it's most blatant

Peace

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:07 - Sep 1 with 4467 viewssplJack

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:05 - Sep 1 by r0ckin

It's a great gesture.

Can't imagine a Tory doing something similar...
Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:08 - Sep 1 with 4465 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yeah she shouldn't be giving money to good causes the stupid SJW snowflake.

Poll: Tory leader

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:09 - Sep 1 with 4463 viewsr0ckin

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:07 - Sep 1 by splJack

It's a great gesture.

Can't imagine a Tory doing something similar...

Really?

I can, but they wouldn't shout about it.

Peace

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:09 - Sep 1 with 4460 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:09 - Sep 1 by r0ckin

Really?

I can, but they wouldn't shout about it.

That's funny.

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:11 - Sep 1 with 4450 viewsr0ckin

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:09 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

That's funny.

But that's your prejudice coming through, there has been research done on this. Private donation as a proportion of income is very high for people with right leaning views.

Because people don't believe in an almighty State doesn't mean they don't believe in helping others. Conservatives are more Church going, people who are more Church going tend to be more charitable.

These are facts, whether you like it or not.

Peace

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:18 - Sep 1 with 4430 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:11 - Sep 1 by r0ckin

But that's your prejudice coming through, there has been research done on this. Private donation as a proportion of income is very high for people with right leaning views.

Because people don't believe in an almighty State doesn't mean they don't believe in helping others. Conservatives are more Church going, people who are more Church going tend to be more charitable.

These are facts, whether you like it or not.

Ah. Research. Goodo. That's sorted then. Got any proof? I'm not doubting you but it needs context because you've just perpetuated a stereotype. Right leaning types are god fearing philanthropists who just keep it quiet. I bet your research says nothing of the sort.

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:26 - Sep 1 with 4406 viewsr0ckin

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:18 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

Ah. Research. Goodo. That's sorted then. Got any proof? I'm not doubting you but it needs context because you've just perpetuated a stereotype. Right leaning types are god fearing philanthropists who just keep it quiet. I bet your research says nothing of the sort.

It takes a quick google search, but it's hardly rocket science to assign the fact that people who are more religious tend to give more to charity and tend to give their time to good causes more.

This of course is not the case all round and there are plenty of non religious who do good works. I'm saying as a 'proportion' even if we take Islamic people who get a very bad press. They are by religious edict made to give a proportion of their income to charity and of course they fast for a long period to recognise the suffering of those in horrendous poverty.

My point is the the left loves to project how good it is, while there are thousands of people who do good works up and down the Country and World who just get on with it.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 19:27]

Peace

Login to get fewer ads

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:29 - Sep 1 with 4387 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:26 - Sep 1 by r0ckin

It takes a quick google search, but it's hardly rocket science to assign the fact that people who are more religious tend to give more to charity and tend to give their time to good causes more.

This of course is not the case all round and there are plenty of non religious who do good works. I'm saying as a 'proportion' even if we take Islamic people who get a very bad press. They are by religious edict made to give a proportion of their income to charity and of course they fast for a long period to recognise the suffering of those in horrendous poverty.

My point is the the left loves to project how good it is, while there are thousands of people who do good works up and down the Country and World who just get on with it.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 19:27]

If it only takes a quick Google search you can provide a link. I did one and couldn't find anything.

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:38 - Sep 1 with 4370 viewsBarrySwan

Surely the point is that giving AMs a £10,000 pay rise is a national disgrace.

Bethan the drunk driver or any other AM can give any amount they like of their own wages to any cause they wish.

However the fact remains that AMs should not have been given a £10,000 per year increase whilst other public sector workers are given a paltry 1% rise. If any of them had even an iota of integrity they would have refused it.

Publicising giving some or all of it to charity thus collecting the Kudos of funding a charity from a 'massive pay rise' is not the same as refusing it in the first place. It is using public money for publicity purposes.

We even had Carwyn the Great repeatedly saying that the pay rise was made by an independent pay panel and that it was impossible to refuse to take it.

Which of course is absolute rubbish, any employee can refuse to take a pay rise ( as long as it doesn't result in a fall below minimum wage)
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 19:39]
Bethan Jenkins AM on 20:32 - Sep 1 with 4294 viewsJack_Meoff

There's seriously something wrong with you. Every post has to be about left/right Labour/Tory blah blah f*cking blah, with zero objectivity. Someone is donating to a local charity, and also giving it publicity. I'd never heard of it before now - had you? Anyone from any party would also surely deserve similar commendation. Bizarre.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bethan Jenkins AM on 20:46 - Sep 1 with 4253 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Bethan.
A gesture in the finest traditions of welsh community.

Think how much money the uk govt are wasting on unnecessary elections, illegal wars, Brexit bollox, trident, cross rail, hs2, heathrow expansion, the House of Lords etc etc

More kind gestures is what we need.
People over profit.

Beware of the Risen People

Bethan Jenkins AM on 20:52 - Sep 1 with 4231 viewsDarran

Bethan Jenkins AM on 20:46 - Sep 1 by Kilkennyjack

Well done Bethan.

Think how much money the uk govt are wasting on unnecessary elections, illegal wars, Brexit bollox, trident, cross rail, hs2, heathrow expansion, the House of Lords etc etc

People over profit.

Well said my friend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bethan Jenkins AM on 20:54 - Sep 1 with 4230 viewsLeonWasGod

Bethan Jenkins AM on 19:29 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

If it only takes a quick Google search you can provide a link. I did one and couldn't find anything.

Nah, me neither. There's this one https://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2015/11/05/religion-morality/

But that says that religious kids tend to be less generous and less altruistic, so probably doesn't backup the claim too well
Bethan Jenkins AM on 21:59 - Sep 1 with 4145 viewsJack1

They earn enough.

Why don't they raise the question of why Cardiff gets so much compared to the rest of Wales? The capital should get more, but not as much as the do, to the detriment of the rest of Wales.

Each to his/her own, but as long her pay rise goes to a good cause then everyone's happy right?

God these people annoy me!

......and breathe........
Bethan Jenkins AM on 22:20 - Sep 1 with 4104 viewsJack_Meoff

Bethan Jenkins AM on 20:46 - Sep 1 by Kilkennyjack

Well done Bethan.

People over profit.

We have to reframe our perceptions I'd suggest mate (relating to your second paragraph, no argument with one and three). What the vast majority of the populace would consider as 'wasting' translates conversely to huge contracts and profits to an infinitesimally smaller minority. It's not rocket science as to who the uk government represents.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2017 23:58]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Bethan Jenkins AM on 10:25 - Sep 2 with 3990 viewsr0ckin

Bethan Jenkins AM on 20:32 - Sep 1 by Jack_Meoff

There's seriously something wrong with you. Every post has to be about left/right Labour/Tory blah blah f*cking blah, with zero objectivity. Someone is donating to a local charity, and also giving it publicity. I'd never heard of it before now - had you? Anyone from any party would also surely deserve similar commendation. Bizarre.

Hahaha

Peace

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024