Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn friendly...... 19:56 - Jul 19 with 7157 viewsSuddenLad

DALE XI v BLACKBURN: Lillis, Rafferty, Canavan, McNulty, Tanser, Cannon, Allen, Camps, McDermott, Henderson, Andrew

SUBS: Dieng, RNL, Hooper, BBM, Bunney, Morley, Kearney

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blackburn friendly...... on 20:01 - Jul 19 with 5121 viewsfitzochris

Ignoring the wrong date at the top, the team sheet shows Stokes and Graham starting up front for Blackburn, which should be a good test for our defence. Also, O'Sullivan is on the bench for them.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Blackburn friendly...... on 20:05 - Jul 19 with 5082 viewsSuddenLad

1-0 Blackburn................. Danny Graham. 8 minutes...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blackburn friendly...... on 20:31 - Jul 19 with 4942 viewsDaley_Lama

We had a shot!

#hendointhe38th!

Lots of possession but no true threat in attack so far. Rovers goal came from a cross to the back RB post, their lad easily out-jumping Cannon (or Raff, long way away for my peepers)

Donal looks sharp but our final ball collectively has been poorer than a church mouse.

Blackburn look decent so far.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 20:53]

Poll: DF in or out

Blackburn friendly...... on 21:11 - Jul 19 with 4708 viewsDaley_Lama

Absolute beut from Donaldo.

Direct free kick fron near the edge of the pitch (throw in territory)

You had to be here...(or catch it on youtube apparently)
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 21:27]

Blackburn friendly...... on 21:37 - Jul 19 with 4485 viewsDaley_Lama

In the space of 10 mins i can see why very young Aaron Morely got praise at Stockport.

FT, Jamie Allen can have my man of the match

Blackburn friendly...... on 21:45 - Jul 19 with 4375 viewsD_Dale

Blackburn friendly...... on 20:01 - Jul 19 by fitzochris

Ignoring the wrong date at the top, the team sheet shows Stokes and Graham starting up front for Blackburn, which should be a good test for our defence. Also, O'Sullivan is on the bench for them.

Looks like the last Dale sub has been tippexed out.

The starting 11 seem to be close to what KH is looking to field vs Posh.

Looking forward to more opinions from those there.
Blackburn friendly...... on 21:50 - Jul 19 with 4318 viewsColDale

Blackburn friendly...... on 21:45 - Jul 19 by D_Dale

Looks like the last Dale sub has been tippexed out.

The starting 11 seem to be close to what KH is looking to field vs Posh.

Looking forward to more opinions from those there.

from those at the ground, it would appear they club had mistakenly left Michael Rose in the line up
Blackburn friendly...... on 22:00 - Jul 19 with 4192 viewsnordenblue

Not the goal but good lord!!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 22:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:02 - Jul 19 with 4180 viewsColDale

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:00 - Jul 19 by nordenblue

Not the goal but good lord!!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 22:01]

Bring back Southampton Joe
Blackburn friendly...... on 22:04 - Jul 19 with 4144 viewsdingdangblue

I'm all for continuity - but that's basically the team that played last season. You normally go to a pre season match to see new players! I take it Theo Robinson has left? Lets hope Hilly can get some players in these next few weeks that will improve us.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:08 - Jul 19 with 4102 viewsDaley_Lama

Donaldo's goal was more Donaldihno on hindsight.

#didheneanit?
#youbetchahedid

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:12 - Jul 19 with 4042 viewsBrierls

Blackburn friendly...... on 21:50 - Jul 19 by ColDale

from those at the ground, it would appear they club had mistakenly left Michael Rose in the line up

Mistakenly left on the team sheet from earlier today I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rose sign a short term deal this week.
Blackburn friendly...... on 22:14 - Jul 19 with 4013 viewsDaleaholic

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:04 - Jul 19 by dingdangblue

I'm all for continuity - but that's basically the team that played last season. You normally go to a pre season match to see new players! I take it Theo Robinson has left? Lets hope Hilly can get some players in these next few weeks that will improve us.

What did you want? Just a parade of new players?

I'd not been to a pre-season friendly yet this year and thought we were very good tonight. Missing that ruthless edge in front of goal but playing some fantastic football and getting the ball into the right areas. Rafferty my MOM, industrious throughout. Donal excellent. Cannon was back to his best tonight. Special mention for Calvin whose defensive work was superb.

Very happy with the performance and thought we more than matched Blackburn. Whether that's because we were good or they were poor, I don't know... But I'm confident going into the season based purely on tonight.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:15 - Jul 19 with 4009 views1907

Apparently Robinson left immediately after the Stockport game. Thought we played some good stuff in spells tonight. Was extremely worried when I saw Mcnulty starting at CB and hope we don't have to see him there too much throughout the season. Raff had a good game as did the tireless Andrew. Hendo worked hard and it was good to see him back in a wide position for a change. Morley did very, very well after coming on, what a player he could be. When will Bunney and Tanser put a bit of beef on? Surely its obvious that they both need it. Lillis made a couple of good saves and looked confident when attackers put him under pressure. All in all it was an enjoyable game played in stifling heat and will have done some of the lads the world of good.
Blackburn friendly...... on 22:15 - Jul 19 with 4009 viewswidgibob

Excuse my numptyness but I take it it ended 1-1?

Miguel, Miguel de Souza, his name's peculiar,Miguel de Souza...........HIYA MATE HIYA MATE HIYA MATE.

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:18 - Jul 19 with 3961 views442Dale

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:15 - Jul 19 by widgibob

Excuse my numptyness but I take it it ended 1-1?

Aye. McNulty and Canavan at CH won't work unless you get points for people who don't use their right feet.

There's a threat going forward but the strength in depth needs addressing very quickly.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:21 - Jul 19 with 3927 viewsnordenblue

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:18 - Jul 19 by 442Dale

Aye. McNulty and Canavan at CH won't work unless you get points for people who don't use their right feet.

There's a threat going forward but the strength in depth needs addressing very quickly.

I thought the same when I saw the bench
Blackburn friendly...... on 22:23 - Jul 19 with 3907 viewsroccydaleian

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:12 - Jul 19 by Brierls

Mistakenly left on the team sheet from earlier today I think. Wouldn't be surprised to see Rose sign a short term deal this week.

He played for Morecambe against Burnley tonight.
Blackburn friendly...... on 22:24 - Jul 19 with 3903 viewsDaley_Lama

The 2 CH's had a decent game for me and could do nothing about the solitary goal conceeded against Championship Blackburn.

Agree we need more strength in depth, 4 players i reckon.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2016 22:26]

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:26 - Jul 19 with 3880 views442Dale

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:24 - Jul 19 by Daley_Lama

The 2 CH's had a decent game for me and could do nothing about the solitary goal conceeded against Championship Blackburn.

It was that McNulty understandably refused to use his right boot much. He should have been on Graham for the goal: see Russia v England.

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:27 - Jul 19 with 3858 viewsDaley_Lama

Left foot/right foot I'm not bothered, as long as he stops opposition strikers scoring.

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:29 - Jul 19 with 3832 views442Dale

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:27 - Jul 19 by Daley_Lama

Left foot/right foot I'm not bothered, as long as he stops opposition strikers scoring.

Very true. That combination won't do that well enough.

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:32 - Jul 19 with 3818 viewsisitme

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:24 - Jul 19 by Daley_Lama

The player who crossed the ball had far too much space and it was a fairy straight forward header.

The game was pretty much a non event played in stifling temperatures. Donaldo's goal was good and Henderson had a chance he probably should have scored from. Morley looked a good player and he created a lovely chance for Bunney who should have scored.

It was interesting watching from the main stand and hearing Hilly. They were defending too deep was his main theme.

Blackburn looked a decent side but a few of their tackles in the first half were not too friendly!

Interesting to see Lund, Vincenti, Rathbone, McGahey and Mendez-Laing all sat in the stand. We do have options going forward but need another centre half, a holding midfielder and probably a pacey striker.
Blackburn friendly...... on 22:32 - Jul 19 with 3801 viewsdingdangblue

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:14 - Jul 19 by Daleaholic

What did you want? Just a parade of new players?

I'd not been to a pre-season friendly yet this year and thought we were very good tonight. Missing that ruthless edge in front of goal but playing some fantastic football and getting the ball into the right areas. Rafferty my MOM, industrious throughout. Donal excellent. Cannon was back to his best tonight. Special mention for Calvin whose defensive work was superb.

Very happy with the performance and thought we more than matched Blackburn. Whether that's because we were good or they were poor, I don't know... But I'm confident going into the season based purely on tonight.

No, not at all, but id expect one or two improvements each season. Last season at this stage we had McNulty and McDermott. I'm happy the team looked good and played well - but I know that team can.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:35 - Jul 19 with 3771 viewsfitzochris

Blackburn friendly...... on 22:32 - Jul 19 by isitme

The player who crossed the ball had far too much space and it was a fairy straight forward header.

The game was pretty much a non event played in stifling temperatures. Donaldo's goal was good and Henderson had a chance he probably should have scored from. Morley looked a good player and he created a lovely chance for Bunney who should have scored.

It was interesting watching from the main stand and hearing Hilly. They were defending too deep was his main theme.

Blackburn looked a decent side but a few of their tackles in the first half were not too friendly!

Interesting to see Lund, Vincenti, Rathbone, McGahey and Mendez-Laing all sat in the stand. We do have options going forward but need another centre half, a holding midfielder and probably a pacey striker.

Don't know what the script is with Rathbone but I'm assuming McGahey is injured, as I imagine if he was fit he would have played alongside Cannavan with McNulty at full back.

Lund is maybe still feeling that clatter from Saturday but not sure why NML and Vincenti were not at least on the bench if fit.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024