Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go easy on us tomorrow! 17:32 - Apr 15 with 11109 viewsOrmerod89

Blackpool fan in peace. Got to be honest I can't see you guys making the play offs and so any chance you can generously donate the 3 points our way! Sure you'd sooner have a day out on the coast next season than have to head to Shrewsbury!! Here's our forum if you're passing!

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:21 - Apr 15 with 2950 viewsTVOS1907

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:00 - Apr 15 by nordenblue

I was going to mention the gun find but not sure how true it was against Cardiff,a real set of tossers.
I've been belted in the chops twice against York one away and once at home,sure it won't be the last!!

It will be the way York are going!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:22 - Apr 15 with 2944 viewsDorsetDale

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 20:06 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

In the dim and distant past I remember trouble with Newport fans and also Port Vale in the Willbutts Lane stand when changing ends at half time. Also Portsmouth fans when they filled the Sandy Lane (late 70s i think). In fact during the eighties it was unusual for there not to be any trouble.

Seem to remember the Newport fans causing trouble in the main stand. Swansea had a fair few nut jobs. Walsall also, all in the '70's.

Don't remember any trouble with pompey, they were all 6' + meat heads and went wherever they wanted without much concern for protestations from anyone!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:25 - Apr 15 with 2941 viewsSuddenLad

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:20 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

Moggies a Dale fan, he's not perfect like a lot of us, but there"s also a lot of good in him. Its more a reflection on the old days rather than whats happening now. Moggie had his day but he wasn't on his own,he was one of many. He was bloody daft at times but i quite like him.

When you met Moggy socially and away from a football environment, he was a different bloke altogether. Had many a pint and a natter with him in plenty of pubs, but never on a matchday. !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:30 - Apr 15 with 2930 viewsnordenblue

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:21 - Apr 15 by TVOS1907

It will be the way York are going!

There's plenty of others willing to oblige I'm sure...

Too much time talking when I should have been listening
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:31 - Apr 15 with 2923 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:25 - Apr 15 by SuddenLad

When you met Moggy socially and away from a football environment, he was a different bloke altogether. Had many a pint and a natter with him in plenty of pubs, but never on a matchday. !!

Correct. I had a pint with him in Littleborough Con Club a few weeks ago, i think he's a grandad now. I'd had a few so i might have got that wrong, 'We're all Dale'.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:44 - Apr 15 with 2868 viewsCamdenDale

Aye. Course Moggy was an okay guy - met him a few times. Was trying to say something about the way football used to be. Thought I'd alluded to. No-one wants to have to shoo kids away from punch-ups.

There was something about the aggression though. Good things, standing, doing your best to roar on the lads, not moaning about the coffee etc. Aye, freakin nostalgia if you will...
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:55 - Apr 15 with 2831 viewsCamdenDale

The singing, that's all a throwback to that, it was ace.

Just sitting down and watching a performance, well, it might as well be the ballet. Talking about whether Rose is worth the spot at left back or in midfield.

Don't want hooligans back, just a bit of ooh!
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:59 - Apr 15 with 2822 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:44 - Apr 15 by CamdenDale

Aye. Course Moggy was an okay guy - met him a few times. Was trying to say something about the way football used to be. Thought I'd alluded to. No-one wants to have to shoo kids away from punch-ups.

There was something about the aggression though. Good things, standing, doing your best to roar on the lads, not moaning about the coffee etc. Aye, freakin nostalgia if you will...

I get what your saying. It was a part of attending Football Matches as a teenager in those days,i cant be the only one who was taken off the train and returned to Halifax Police Station on that infamous night. Trying to avoid the aggro was difficult in those days. Like Punk Rock, Mods etc, it was a phase that every Football fan had to put up with. Going to Football Matches was bloody dangerous.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:14]
Login to get fewer ads

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 22:13 - Apr 15 with 2790 viewsCamdenDale

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:59 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

I get what your saying. It was a part of attending Football Matches as a teenager in those days,i cant be the only one who was taken off the train and returned to Halifax Police Station on that infamous night. Trying to avoid the aggro was difficult in those days. Like Punk Rock, Mods etc, it was a phase that every Football fan had to put up with. Going to Football Matches was bloody dangerous.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:14]

Aye and bingo! It was somehow exotic - even Halifax was exotic (on that infamous night).

I kind of miss the aggression. It was (mostly) for fun. An escape. Never would have thought in those days who was best at left back. There was only one. Much less talk about finances.

That's all we talk about now, finances, budgets. No need to be told about how we move on, just miss it, even the hooligans...
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 22:27 - Apr 15 with 2761 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 22:13 - Apr 15 by CamdenDale

Aye and bingo! It was somehow exotic - even Halifax was exotic (on that infamous night).

I kind of miss the aggression. It was (mostly) for fun. An escape. Never would have thought in those days who was best at left back. There was only one. Much less talk about finances.

That's all we talk about now, finances, budgets. No need to be told about how we move on, just miss it, even the hooligans...

You sound like that other tough guy, David Haye. Get back up here, you're talking like a Mary Helen.Thats what happens when you live in a arty farty part of London. Walked along that canal from St Johns Wood and suffered that bloody market loads of times and it was crap.The pubs were also crap, full of pretentious arseholes and beer like cat piss,the areas renowned for them. You need to move,quickly.

Even in those days you mention,70% of the Hoolys used to do a runner and you know it.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:50]
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 22:48 - Apr 15 with 2731 viewsCamdenDale

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 22:27 - Apr 15 by TalkingSutty

You sound like that other tough guy, David Haye. Get back up here, you're talking like a Mary Helen.Thats what happens when you live in a arty farty part of London. Walked along that canal from St Johns Wood and suffered that bloody market loads of times and it was crap.The pubs were also crap, full of pretentious arseholes and beer like cat piss,the areas renowned for them. You need to move,quickly.

Even in those days you mention,70% of the Hoolys used to do a runner and you know it.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:50]

Ha!

I miss, and I would, but you've all gone prawn sandwich in my absence. The North has disappeared. My own brother now just goes on about ******* coffee. And Man ******* City.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 23:18 - Apr 15 with 2674 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 22:48 - Apr 15 by CamdenDale

Ha!

I miss, and I would, but you've all gone prawn sandwich in my absence. The North has disappeared. My own brother now just goes on about ******* coffee. And Man ******* City.

The Norths alive and kicking,full of nice people and fresh air. They will have to take me out of Littleborough in a box. Surrounded by great countryside and a train station to take you the short ride into Manchester or Leeds, its a great place to live with a community spirit.

I once thought about buying a place abroad but it limits you, Its better to visit places and then get back home. I like London, its a great City ( My previous post was tongue in cheek which i am sure you knew) but after 3 or 4 days i've had enough of it and yearn to get back up North, its more relaxed. Some beautiful places out there but its always nice to get home.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 23:31 - Apr 15 with 2661 viewsD_Alien

Surprised no-one's mentioned Luton. They've always had more than their fair share of idiots, and it wasn't a question of if but when they'd kick off. Remember one of the last games I went to with my dad in the early 70's, we were stood on the terrace between the Sandy and the main stand. They came streaming through along the Willbutts at half time, carried on into the Sandy where half a dozen scuffles broke out and carried right on to our terrace, threatening everyone and nicking Dale scarves. Think it put my dad off after that (he'd be about my age now - bloody hell!)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 00:38 - Apr 16 with 2595 viewsHopwoodblue

Anyone remember a coach or two of Cardiff fans turning up at Spotland in the mid seventies
For some reason I seem to think we were playing Workington and Cardiffs game had been called
Off so they came to Spotland quite scary at the time because we weren't expecting it and in those
Days as we all know you could walk all the way round Spotland so no where to hide.
Someone might know and put me straight.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 0:39]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 05:53 - Apr 16 with 2530 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 00:38 - Apr 16 by Hopwoodblue

Anyone remember a coach or two of Cardiff fans turning up at Spotland in the mid seventies
For some reason I seem to think we were playing Workington and Cardiffs game had been called
Off so they came to Spotland quite scary at the time because we weren't expecting it and in those
Days as we all know you could walk all the way round Spotland so no where to hide.

Yes, I remember that. I think it was the year Workington went out of the Football League,1977, they were bottom of the league that day if memory serves me right. Cardiff should have been playing Bolton or Blackburn I think.

Around that time was when I had my silk scarf nicked by a couple of Southport Fans on Sandy Lane. I had it tied around my head ( that's what we did in those days) and they snatched it.I had another tied around my wrist but after a short tug of war I managed to keep hold of that, it took me ages to undo the knot!

Does anybody remember Bradford fans turning up dressed in their white Butchers coats? They beat us that night, I think Joe Cook scored the only goal with a header in front of the Sandy Lane. Donny Rovers had some idiots also during the late 70s.

Home games used to start in the Brownhill Hotel at 12 with a game of pool and pie and peas, then onto the Bowling Green, Victoria,Carters and the Golden Ball. Daft days but all part of growing up. Howy10 who posts on here will remember them.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 6:23]
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 08:14 - Apr 16 with 2351 viewsMoonyDale

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 05:53 - Apr 16 by TalkingSutty

Yes, I remember that. I think it was the year Workington went out of the Football League,1977, they were bottom of the league that day if memory serves me right. Cardiff should have been playing Bolton or Blackburn I think.

Around that time was when I had my silk scarf nicked by a couple of Southport Fans on Sandy Lane. I had it tied around my head ( that's what we did in those days) and they snatched it.I had another tied around my wrist but after a short tug of war I managed to keep hold of that, it took me ages to undo the knot!

Does anybody remember Bradford fans turning up dressed in their white Butchers coats? They beat us that night, I think Joe Cook scored the only goal with a header in front of the Sandy Lane. Donny Rovers had some idiots also during the late 70s.

Home games used to start in the Brownhill Hotel at 12 with a game of pool and pie and peas, then onto the Bowling Green, Victoria,Carters and the Golden Ball. Daft days but all part of growing up. Howy10 who posts on here will remember them.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 6:23]

Good lord that brought back memories, the butchers coat brigade. I remember a Swansea lad turning up in the Sandy wearing a bloodstaoined butchers outfit, looked like summat out of the Matrix in negative, massive he was but soon vanished with Moggy close behind.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 08:46 - Apr 16 with 2330 viewsThe_DJ

Yes.
Their game at Bolton was called off.

Horrible bastards.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 08:58 - Apr 16 with 2314 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 08:14 - Apr 16 by MoonyDale

Good lord that brought back memories, the butchers coat brigade. I remember a Swansea lad turning up in the Sandy wearing a bloodstaoined butchers outfit, looked like summat out of the Matrix in negative, massive he was but soon vanished with Moggy close behind.....

Can you imaging turning up at a football match now and a skinhead suddenly turns up wearing a blood stained butchers coat, threatening everybody. It was normal in those days
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 11:00 - Apr 16 with 2221 viewsaleanddale

Come on the Dale!!!

Let's have a win today and carry this dream forward to Saturday!!!
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 12:13 - Apr 16 with 2143 viewsBFC

Blackpool are probably the most 'nostalgic' group I've encountered for living in the past where bovver is concerned.
They won the F.A.Cup in one of the most iconic finals ever, yet some (NOT ALL) would prefer to talk about trashing the Family Stand at Gigg Lane 30+ years ago, seeing that as the greater achievement.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 12:15]
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 12:14 - Apr 16 with 2137 views442Dale

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 12:13 - Apr 16 by BFC

Blackpool are probably the most 'nostalgic' group I've encountered for living in the past where bovver is concerned.
They won the F.A.Cup in one of the most iconic finals ever, yet some (NOT ALL) would prefer to talk about trashing the Family Stand at Gigg Lane 30+ years ago, seeing that as the greater achievement.

Living in the past + FA Cup. Good work.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 13:05 - Apr 16 with 2096 viewsnordenblue

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 12:13 - Apr 16 by BFC

The description of irony
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 13:17 - Apr 16 with 2074 viewspioneer

yes and of course we lost 1-0. Workingtons last away win.
Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:00 - Apr 16 with 1823 viewsregjenkins

Going to Oakwell in the 1970's was also another experience that sticks heavy in the mind.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 21:01 - Apr 16 with 1816 viewsTalkingSutty

Go easy on us tomorrow! on 13:17 - Apr 16 by pioneer

yes and of course we lost 1-0. Workingtons last away win.

I'll take that, my memory said 3-0 defeat for some reason.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024