Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Dagnall 16:06 - Dec 23 with 7453 viewsColDale

Signed for Hibs until the end of the season.
Chris Dagnall on 16:08 - Dec 23 with 6513 viewsfitzochris

Was just discussing this. Good move for him and he'll do well against most of the defences in that division. It's good old battle between them and Rangers so far.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Chris Dagnall on 16:14 - Dec 23 with 6485 viewsColDale

Would have been a great signing for us. But he's proved more than once that he'll happily move wherever for his football, and I'd assume Hibs could offer more than we could do (on the assumption that we'd be interested).
Chris Dagnall on 16:32 - Dec 23 with 6428 viewsDomDale

Some of their fans are a bit underwhelmed! Don't know what they're missing. Shame hibs are away on Sat cause I'm only round the corner from ER. Hope he does well for them in the title run in.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Chris Dagnall on 16:41 - Dec 23 with 6396 viewsfitzochris

Chris Dagnall on 16:32 - Dec 23 by DomDale

Some of their fans are a bit underwhelmed! Don't know what they're missing. Shame hibs are away on Sat cause I'm only round the corner from ER. Hope he does well for them in the title run in.

They're always underwhelmed with signings. Most don't follow English football out with the top flight. That said, I still get pelters for telling my Hibs mates that Done was a good signing for them.

Chris Dagnall on 16:46 - Dec 23 with 6389 viewsfitzochris

Chris Dagnall on 16:14 - Dec 23 by ColDale

Would have been a great signing for us. But he's proved more than once that he'll happily move wherever for his football, and I'd assume Hibs could offer more than we could do (on the assumption that we'd be interested).

Hibs are a lot better run since relegation and they probably now offer comparatively decent money. On the whole, though, most Scottish clubs cannot compete with the English financially.

Chris Dagnall on 16:50 - Dec 23 with 6380 views100notout

Chris Dagnall on 16:14 - Dec 23 by ColDale

Not sure about that Col. Great player for us in his time but I'm firmly in the camp that Daggers' best days are behind him.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Chris Dagnall on 16:53 - Dec 23 with 6374 viewsSuddenLad

Must have had too much Kerala sunshine already. I know where I'd rather be in winter.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chris Dagnall on 17:30 - Dec 23 with 6289 viewsDomDale

Chris Dagnall on 16:41 - Dec 23 by fitzochris

They're always underwhelmed with signings. Most don't follow English football out with the top flight. That said, I still get pelters for telling my Hibs mates that Done was a good signing for them.

Rumours were they were on for Gary Mackay-Steven. Not seen him play in the flesh so can't comment on his ability but some of their lot would obviously have preferred him it seems.
I got talking to a Hibs fan who strangely watched us last season at Chesterfield. They were amazed Done was doing so well back with us In L1.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Dagnall on 17:32 - Dec 23 with 6286 viewsnordenblue

Chris Dagnall on 16:50 - Dec 23 by 100notout

Not sure about that Col. Great player for us in his time but I'm firmly in the camp that Daggers' best days are behind him.

However far behind him his best days may be he'd be ten times better than our current crop of "strikers" available to put the ball in the net
Chris Dagnall on 17:50 - Dec 23 with 6246 viewsfitzochris

Chris Dagnall on 17:30 - Dec 23 by DomDale

Rumours were they were on for Gary Mackay-Steven. Not seen him play in the flesh so can't comment on his ability but some of their lot would obviously have preferred him it seems.
I got talking to a Hibs fan who strangely watched us last season at Chesterfield. They were amazed Done was doing so well back with us In L1.

Hmmm. Gary Makay-Steven is a completely different player to Dagnall. To be fair, I think he's too good to drop back down to the Championship. They may have been dreaming with that one.

Chris Dagnall on 17:51 - Dec 23 with 6245 views100notout

Chris Dagnall on 17:32 - Dec 23 by nordenblue

However far behind him his best days may be he'd be ten times better than our current crop of "strikers" available to put the ball in the net

Find it hard to disagree (maybe not ten times though!). I also suspect he'd have been well outside our budget and trust Hill to do the right thing*.

* Hopefully a dip into the loan /transfer market in January to get a 2006-2010 version of Dagnall!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Chris Dagnall on 21:32 - Dec 23 with 5988 viewsWhiteyBFC

Chris Dagnall on 17:30 - Dec 23 by DomDale

When Keith brought Vaz Te here from Hibs their supporters told us he was garbage.

I thought Daggers was good when at Oakwell. Probably the unluckiest striker I've seen, so many great saves denied him some great goals, or he'd hit the woodwork etc. Never happened for him here under Keith but Flicker got the best out of him. Then stopped playing him and got rid of him. Bizarre.

Did well for Orient. I'd have taken him back until the summer.
Chris Dagnall on 03:03 - Dec 24 with 5795 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Chris Dagnall on 16:08 - Dec 23 by fitzochris

Was just discussing this. Good move for him and he'll do well against most of the defences in that division. It's good old battle between them and Rangers so far.

Falkirk have stepped up, not to be ruled out. 5 wins and 2 draws in the last 7, including a draw with Hibs and win against Rangers. They'll likely be 3 points from 2nd place after the Boxing Day games. Peter Houston got it spot on against Rangers and exploited their weaknesses.

Of course...they'll go out in January and plug the gaps with the spending power they have...plus the millions Dave King is going to put in....eventually... :-)
Chris Dagnall on 08:24 - Dec 24 with 5734 viewsfitzochris

Chris Dagnall on 03:03 - Dec 24 by Albert_Whitehurst

Falkirk have stepped up, not to be ruled out. 5 wins and 2 draws in the last 7, including a draw with Hibs and win against Rangers. They'll likely be 3 points from 2nd place after the Boxing Day games. Peter Houston got it spot on against Rangers and exploited their weaknesses.

Of course...they'll go out in January and plug the gaps with the spending power they have...plus the millions Dave King is going to put in....eventually... :-)

This is true. Morton, too, had hit form before their loss to Raith. As you say, though, January will see Hibs and Rangers recruit and then pull away to form a two-horse race for the one automatic promotion spot*.

I've only taken in a couple of games this season up here (and watched the Renfrewshire derbies on BBC Alba) but I can confidently say the standards are not great this year. As bad as most defences are, a lot of teams, Hibs and Rangers included, are equally guilty of missing numerous chances.

Elsewhere, Aberdeen still being in touch with Celtic keeps the Premier League interesting this season, too.

*Unless the Football Gods see fit to have a right old laugh.
[Post edited 24 Dec 2015 8:35]

Chris Dagnall on 11:18 - Dec 24 with 5607 viewsfitzochris

A bit more time to type now. Sorry, I did vow to myself not to post about Scottish football unless it was relevant - but I can't help myself.

Mark Warburton had to almost totally rebuild the Ranhers squad from scratch in just four weeks. He's done a remarkable job and they went off like a train, but in the last month theyve slowed down. The limits of the squad have become clear and they need new players in January. But some of the football has been superb, that I've seen, and when you consider how bad they were before, under McCoist, he's done great. Waghorn and Tavernier have been great signings. I think Tavernier scored against us when he was on loan at Rotherham if memory serves (see relevant 😀). A proper wing back.

Hibs have been very steady after a slow start. Stubbs looks a great manager, though, and people/players I have spoken to who know him or work with him are very impressed. They have a great mentality and a good defence so seem to nick a lot of games by the odd goal. They are the form team going into January and I might have to nip to a nearby game to see how Dagnall does.

As AW says, Falkirk are the only other side who could figure in the race for automatic, but I think it'll be a straight shoot-out between Rangers and Hibs.

However, with Dundee Utd looking like they'll go down and the threat of either Rangers or Hibs not going up, league reconstruction would not surprise me at all.

Chris Dagnall on 11:30 - Dec 24 with 5590 viewsColDale

Dale / Fitba XI from recent times?
1 Robbie Thomson
3 Marc Twaddle
4 Rory McArdle
5 Rhys Bennett
7 Andy Haworth
9 Chris Dagnall
11 Kallum Higginbotham

Any others?
Chris Dagnall on 11:45 - Dec 24 with 5564 viewsR0bert

Chris Dagnall on 11:30 - Dec 24 by ColDale

Dale / Fitba XI from recent times?
1 Robbie Thomson
3 Marc Twaddle
4 Rory McArdle
5 Rhys Bennett
7 Andy Haworth
9 Chris Dagnall
11 Kallum Higginbotham

Any others?

Simon Ramsden
Chris Dagnall on 11:47 - Dec 24 with 5561 viewsrochedale

Ronnie Coyle..?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Chris Dagnall on 12:03 - Dec 24 with 5536 viewsTVOS1907

McCourt, Patrick

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Chris Dagnall on 12:11 - Dec 24 with 5526 viewsfitzochris

Kenny Arthur. Mikael Antoine-Curier.

Chris Dagnall on 12:13 - Dec 24 with 5521 viewsTVOS1907

Although Col said 'recent', Derek Parlane has to be included for what he did for the club.

John Halpin and Willie Garner are two others, if we're struggling.

Chris Dagnall on 12:17 - Dec 24 with 5520 viewsSuddenLad

Gerry McElhiney, Willie Burns.

Chris Dagnall on 12:29 - Dec 24 with 5503 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Dagnall on 12:17 - Dec 24 by SuddenLad

Gerry McElhiney, Willie Burns.

McElhinney was Northern Irish. He never played in Scottish football.

Chris Dagnall on 12:36 - Dec 24 with 5491 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Dagnall on 12:29 - Dec 24 by TVOS1907

McElhinney was Northern Irish. He never played in Scottish football.

He was at Celtic before moving to Bolton.

Chris Dagnall on 13:05 - Dec 24 with 5465 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Dagnall on 12:36 - Dec 24 by SuddenLad

He was at Celtic before moving to Bolton.

Fair enough, although he never made a first team appearance for them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024