Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 18:50 - Dec 19 with 24706 viewsroccydaleian

https://audioboom.com/boos/3977161-i-hope-they-help-us-establish-rather-than-des
Hilly's View! on 23:46 - Dec 19 with 2287 viewsfitzochris

The whole forum is designed for discourse. It's the perceived discord that Hilly ain't liking.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly's View! on 00:01 - Dec 20 with 2255 viewsDaley_Lama

Hilly's View! on 23:45 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

Then the person reading it isn't doing themselves any favours.

It's common place in our soundbite generation.

There's that much material due to social media yet there is still only 24 hours in a day.

Unless you are Bill and Ted, The Mad Hare, Doctor Who or thay guy played by Guy Ritchie, supply out-weighs demand.

Or in different phrasing, it's hard to see the wood for the trees.

Poll: DF in or out

Hilly's View! on 00:39 - Dec 20 with 2206 viewsNewbury_Dale

Hilly's View! on 20:04 - Dec 19 by wildie

Same themes but yeah. Alludes to the PV article in the programme, how it's hard for him to coach and nurture players when it's like this. It's the fans responsibility to re -connect. You can see where the GMR interview has come from. I think the interview had been brewing all week to be honest. Personally think the guy is a great manager the best I've seen in 30 years and what he's done for the club is magnificent. However would I have pint with him? No. when it comes to his media skills he's emotionally stunted and I'd prefer it if CB did them & this shroud waving of I could go does my nut in. Finally throw in the two T.V performances and the post match interview today, in footballing terms we've just scored an O.G in attracting fans for forthcoming games. On another note we won 3-1 today were not a bad team and I'll be damed if his time of the month post match comments are going to spoil my Sat night

Maybe it's me but I've not had "the feeling" since the club sold Matt Done. Can't hold it against Done because he probably tripled his wages, but the club was on fire at the time and the sale (after the board said he wouldn't be sold) put that fire out in my mind.
Hilly's View! on 00:52 - Dec 20 with 2179 viewsSandyman

Recently, we've not played well after a great start to the season. That grips the sh** of supporters at any football club, especially when your team has been so lacklustre in two televised games, one of those against your local rivals, and you get the grief at work and in the pub afterwards. Seeing the club you care about so poorly represented does pee you off. Heads have dropped on the pitch, obvious changes in method and tactics haven't been addressed, and that breeds negativity on the terraces. This is the perceived "disconnect" he talks about. Yes, the atmosphere yesterday was poor as a consequence, as it would be at any club. People don't HAVE to come to Spotland and plenty don't after being disappointed for their entrance fee too many times, but.....

Over two terms of management, Keith Hill has had, and does have, the most overwhelming support of the fans at Dale that I've known. The bringing on of our own young players is something we are very proud of and admire the RAFC set up for. His achievements at RAFC have earned him a lot more respect, support and patience than he will ever realise. If the threatened "Hill Out" banner had been displayed V Colchester, he would've seen the ground erupt in support of his tenure as manager.

We want greater success. I'm sure Keith does as well. Paying fans have opinions. Keith Hill has opinions. Maybe we as fans should stop being so sensitive. Maybe Keith Hill should too.

UP THE DALE

KHBA
Hilly's View! on 01:25 - Dec 20 with 2139 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 19:27 - Dec 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

No, not McNulty per se..........having "gifted" them a goal (christmas wrapping paper,string ,a bow and sprig of holly) the crowd were rightfully getting restless and slightly alarmed at our poor play against a very mediocre Colchester (who we made look good.).....Matty Lund,bless him,dug in and finally got us going with some proper attacking play and the rest is now history.

Great post, we started shite and improved. It isn't rocket science and launching it from Big Jims boot was crap, if Hill doesn't like the fans response does it really matter in the full scheme of things?

The fans reflect the level of performance, the play improved and everything settled down. Don't let the Manager or anybody else connected with the club dictate how you react, say it how you see it. Overall it was a decent performance, if Hill thought it was beyond reproach then he is deluded. We have played a lot better than that.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 1:29]
Hilly's View! on 01:38 - Dec 20 with 2123 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly's View! on 22:58 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

That's it right there.

And I don't know why he thinks enough of us have "disconnected" for it to warrant the response he gave.

My guess is its all down to the threads on here saying "Hill Out" and "Does anybody know where I can get a banner made"? Sad but probably true.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly's View! on 01:46 - Dec 20 with 2119 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 22:04 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

You've got it right this time; your opinion's valid, but not MORE valid. Dunno about your relatives.

Back to the relevant topic - there's really only one person with a problem here, and that's Keith Hill. Philosophy's for philosophers - he's a football manager and should start acting like one.

He's so far out of order in trying to tell supporters, many of us of four or five decades, how to support OUR football team I don't know where to start. But I know where it'll end, and that's with fewer turning up.

If that's what Chris Dunphy and the board want, they can let him keep on giving post-match interviews, but whether he's stopped or not, it's now firmly established how little regard he has for the genuine football fan. What an idiot.

Bully boy Hill. 130pm in the Dale Bar on Boxing Day, on his own without his side kicks. Come in and argue the point face to face with the fans, i don't have a problem having a audience with him.

Let's here how Managing our football club over all these years has been such a bind to him. Financially, how much have the Club paid him over the years, any mathematicians out there? He walked out and we are still here, don't forget that.

Typical football person,full of his own sh*t!! I can put up with watching crap footballers as long as they try, it's those who earn their livings off the back of the entertainers who think they own the game who p*ss me off, and there are loads of them. Hills a typical example, 100%.

It seems there are plenty within the Club who will roll over and let the manager tickle their belly but let's be honest here, the mans disappeared up his own arse, it's about time the people in charge told him to shut the fu*k up and concernate on what he is being paid for. Simple question, why are fans turning their back on the club and who is running the show?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 2:12]
Hilly's View! on 01:50 - Dec 20 with 2114 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly's View! on 19:27 - Dec 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

No, not McNulty per se..........having "gifted" them a goal (christmas wrapping paper,string ,a bow and sprig of holly) the crowd were rightfully getting restless and slightly alarmed at our poor play against a very mediocre Colchester (who we made look good.).....Matty Lund,bless him,dug in and finally got us going with some proper attacking play and the rest is now history.

'the crowd were rightfully getting restless'

All of them?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 01:56 - Dec 20 with 2107 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly's View! on 23:26 - Dec 19 by Daley_Lama

1% of the crowd booing would lead a journo to think there is discourse.

1 min of looking at this bourd and one would think there is discourse.

That's 2015 for you.

100% of the majority are behind the manager, the players and the philosophy.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly's View! on 02:24 - Dec 20 with 2083 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 01:56 - Dec 20 by TVOS1907

100% of the majority are behind the manager, the players and the philosophy.

Typical mathematician, but you are right obviously. Do you know anybody who is perfect? Hillys a excellent manager but let's himself down big time from time to time, do they never accept that they are crap at certain aspects of their jobs, media ?.

If they did they could make their jobs so much easier. A wise man would realise that, wouldn't he?
Hilly's View! on 02:36 - Dec 20 with 2074 viewsPassmondsBlue

Hilly's View! on 01:38 - Dec 20 by dingdangblue

My guess is its all down to the threads on here saying "Hill Out" and "Does anybody know where I can get a banner made"? Sad but probably true.

I am 100% behind Keith Hill, the backroom staff and the team, but I can't help think that it is Keith who is disconnected with the fans and not sure of the role of a football manager. He is not the Chairman or the Financial Director he is the Manager and responsible for picking the team and portraying a positive outlook on all things team related and challenged and targeted by his employer to gain the highest finishing position possible, this should be top of the league as a primary target not consolidation.

He states may times that we will always be fighting against relegation - this is not a positive attitude that any fan wants to hear, even if he believes this he should nor say it (most employers would have words with employees for this type of verbal outlook)

He continually calls the fans for not understanding what he and the club want to achieve. Maybe he should explain it a little better as it just looks like "we want to develop players (kids and freebies) to make money and not reinvest". Rochdale AFC have made good money over the last few years by selling Matty Done, Craig Dawson, COG etc. a little bit of bURY type investment in quality players (not to bankrupt the club) would give the fans hope and support the development of our younger stars of the future.

I want a football manager to explain about the tactics and reasons he made decisions within a game, not, slag off the ref, slag off the fans, slag off ref and slag off the fans again. he made no subs today? we are told we have injuries and have to put one of the coaches BBM on the bench and play him in the last game, but, we have a busy Christmas period coming up and will probably be told the players are tired in the New Year.

Would it not have been better to give a post match report along the lines of - we did not get going today for the first 15 mins or so but I was encouraged by the way the players responded to the mistake we made leading to their goal. We have still a few injuries and players working with the coaching staff to regain their form, these players will be pushing to get in to the starting 11 in the new year and I feel confident we can move up the table when we have a full squad to pick from. We are 4 points off the playoffs going in to the second half of the season and I feel we are well placed after picking up 30 points from 22 games to have a real push for a top 7 finish come the end of the season. I would like to thank all the loyal fans on behalf of myself, the players and the club in general for their support this year wish them a fantastic Christmas and hope to see you all for the game against Crewe here on Boxing Day.

Lets get the connection back, it is both ways but it starts with the Club, Mr Hill and the players. Bring back the "NO FEAR" mantra instead of the "we will always be fighting relegation" line

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Hilly's View! on 02:44 - Dec 20 with 2066 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 02:36 - Dec 20 by PassmondsBlue

I am 100% behind Keith Hill, the backroom staff and the team, but I can't help think that it is Keith who is disconnected with the fans and not sure of the role of a football manager. He is not the Chairman or the Financial Director he is the Manager and responsible for picking the team and portraying a positive outlook on all things team related and challenged and targeted by his employer to gain the highest finishing position possible, this should be top of the league as a primary target not consolidation.

He states may times that we will always be fighting against relegation - this is not a positive attitude that any fan wants to hear, even if he believes this he should nor say it (most employers would have words with employees for this type of verbal outlook)

He continually calls the fans for not understanding what he and the club want to achieve. Maybe he should explain it a little better as it just looks like "we want to develop players (kids and freebies) to make money and not reinvest". Rochdale AFC have made good money over the last few years by selling Matty Done, Craig Dawson, COG etc. a little bit of bURY type investment in quality players (not to bankrupt the club) would give the fans hope and support the development of our younger stars of the future.

I want a football manager to explain about the tactics and reasons he made decisions within a game, not, slag off the ref, slag off the fans, slag off ref and slag off the fans again. he made no subs today? we are told we have injuries and have to put one of the coaches BBM on the bench and play him in the last game, but, we have a busy Christmas period coming up and will probably be told the players are tired in the New Year.

Would it not have been better to give a post match report along the lines of - we did not get going today for the first 15 mins or so but I was encouraged by the way the players responded to the mistake we made leading to their goal. We have still a few injuries and players working with the coaching staff to regain their form, these players will be pushing to get in to the starting 11 in the new year and I feel confident we can move up the table when we have a full squad to pick from. We are 4 points off the playoffs going in to the second half of the season and I feel we are well placed after picking up 30 points from 22 games to have a real push for a top 7 finish come the end of the season. I would like to thank all the loyal fans on behalf of myself, the players and the club in general for their support this year wish them a fantastic Christmas and hope to see you all for the game against Crewe here on Boxing Day.

Lets get the connection back, it is both ways but it starts with the Club, Mr Hill and the players. Bring back the "NO FEAR" mantra instead of the "we will always be fighting relegation" line

How can you argue with that? The most negatives comments coming out of the Club come from the manager himself, thank god some of us challenge him!!
Hilly's View! on 07:17 - Dec 20 with 2015 viewsnordenblue

Hilly's View! on 02:44 - Dec 20 by TalkingSutty

How can you argue with that? The most negatives comments coming out of the Club come from the manager himself, thank god some of us challenge him!!

You're not qualifed enough apparently to challenge him TS, you must sit and clap for 90+ mins if you dont mind too.
Good 3 points yesterday regardless of opposition and perfectly timed!
Hilly's View! on 07:54 - Dec 20 with 1989 viewsrochedale

Hilly's View! on 20:42 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

A question for the manager: what exactly are we supposed to be doing as supporters?

And one for the club: are these types of interview going to increase the #teamrochdale feeling?

We all know there are a few fans who go OTT with criticism, both at games and on here, but I'm failing to see why this is any different a) right now, and b) to what goes on at any other club.

What's different is that we, as Rochdale supporters, have no right whatsoever to be complaining about what we are watching. We are totally over achieving and the atmosphere inside Spotland is pathetic. Supporters should support instead of jumping on any chance to criticise. Anybody would think that we had a God given right to be vying for promotion to the Championshipship when in reality we should be trying to avoid relegation to non league.

You pay your money so that will be your argument in favour of being able to express your opinion, fine, state that the last couple of months havent been great, but for gods sake, the negativity around the ground and this message board in particular is completely ridiculous. What surprises me most is the same people counter similar arguments by stating that they do support and it is just bazingdale and Gimp who are the ring leaders, I notice TS hasn't been on since the win yesterday (not read everything so could be mistaken), but it isn't, everybody is so negative.

Put it all in to perspective... Crowd size, league position, youth players, financial standing, Keith Hill, we should be singing the roof off nor constantly criticising. I completely understand KH being annoyed with the supporters and we should be doing all we can to keep him here, because when he goes, so will our league one status and any hopes of success.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hilly's View! on 07:56 - Dec 20 with 1988 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly's View! on 07:17 - Dec 20 by nordenblue

You're not qualifed enough apparently to challenge him TS, you must sit and clap for 90+ mins if you dont mind too.
Good 3 points yesterday regardless of opposition and perfectly timed!

No we don't need to sit and clap for 90+ mins - but the booing and moaning when Colchester scored isn't needed - supporting the team and being positive will help a lot more. The 3 points were hugely needed yesterday and in these positions Hill and his team generally deliver - they did it again - some of the posts on here since the bury defeat have been totally uncalled for (whether WUM's or not) some have been from genuine 'supporters'. Hill deserves much more.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly's View! on 08:55 - Dec 20 with 1930 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 07:54 - Dec 20 by rochedale

What's different is that we, as Rochdale supporters, have no right whatsoever to be complaining about what we are watching. We are totally over achieving and the atmosphere inside Spotland is pathetic. Supporters should support instead of jumping on any chance to criticise. Anybody would think that we had a God given right to be vying for promotion to the Championshipship when in reality we should be trying to avoid relegation to non league.

You pay your money so that will be your argument in favour of being able to express your opinion, fine, state that the last couple of months havent been great, but for gods sake, the negativity around the ground and this message board in particular is completely ridiculous. What surprises me most is the same people counter similar arguments by stating that they do support and it is just bazingdale and Gimp who are the ring leaders, I notice TS hasn't been on since the win yesterday (not read everything so could be mistaken), but it isn't, everybody is so negative.

Put it all in to perspective... Crowd size, league position, youth players, financial standing, Keith Hill, we should be singing the roof off nor constantly criticising. I completely understand KH being annoyed with the supporters and we should be doing all we can to keep him here, because when he goes, so will our league one status and any hopes of success.

Negativity is indeed counter-productive to what we want to achieve as a football club. Focusing on the positives such as where we are in the league, our commitment to bringing through young players etc is something all Dale fans should be doing. However, constructive criticism of what we witness is part of the process in ensuring that continuous improvement - both on and off the pitch.

This doesn't mean going to a game and having a go at players, but utilising forums such as these to ask questions and discuss what's going on, just as we'd all do in the pub. I honestly cannot see the negativity on here as ridiculous, outside of the posters mentioned. Not sure how they can be ring leaders either when everyone else shouts them down, even after disappointing defeats.

I won't always agree with him, but you'll struggle to find a more committed supporter than TS. I believe he was on a Christmas do, but he's since been on and expressed his opinion at some ungodly hour! He along with many others are not negative, they support their club as loyally as anyone else. If they talk nonsense, call them out on it, that's what this place is for and your post is a great example of that.

We're never all going to agree but we're all supporters who, in a massive majority, are fully behind everything Keith Hill is trying to achieve. Though as supporters we reserve the right to say where we'd want our club to improve, I honestly believe it's a vital part of that support.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 08:56 - Dec 20 with 1920 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 07:54 - Dec 20 by rochedale

Obviously you are wrong, so hold your hand up and apologise please. I was one of the first to post after the win, i posted before you didn't i ? We played crap against Wigan and Bury but did better yesterday, all you can comment on is what you see. Obviously Wigan and Bury are footballing Gallacticos so we have to expect nothing against such magnificent footballing Giants.

However they play against Crewe and Scunny will be commented on, good or bad. If they play crap then I say so, if you performed badly at work then you would expect people to notice? I don't have a problem with happy clappers , you live your life how you want, I don't have much respect for them though and view them as weak people. Just my opinion obviously, which means bugger all in the full scheme of things.

By the way your first sentence makes you look daft.As a paying customer whatever makes you think you don't have a right to criticise? Just balance you criticism up and dole out plenty of praise as well, that's what I do.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 9:08]
Hilly's View! on 08:56 - Dec 20 with 1918 viewsrichfoad32

Hilly's View! on 07:56 - Dec 20 by dingdangblue

No we don't need to sit and clap for 90+ mins - but the booing and moaning when Colchester scored isn't needed - supporting the team and being positive will help a lot more. The 3 points were hugely needed yesterday and in these positions Hill and his team generally deliver - they did it again - some of the posts on here since the bury defeat have been totally uncalled for (whether WUM's or not) some have been from genuine 'supporters'. Hill deserves much more.

Not well versed in Message Board speak and it keeps cropping up.....what's a WUM??
Hilly's View! on 09:06 - Dec 20 with 1891 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 07:56 - Dec 20 by dingdangblue

Which posts? Not saying its not the case as I may have forgotten them, but surely any that were uncalled for were, in turn, argued against.

I honestly believe this whole situation could have been diffused somewhat if the interviews after both the Bury and Swindon games had been different, focusing on what we'd all seen* rather than talk of our finances v Bury and the officials v Swindon. Similarly, we'd all been concentrating on a welcome three points if yesterday's interview was different too. As much as booing and moaning isn't needed, and it really isn't, what exactly does criticising any of the fanbase at such length achieve? Two wrongs don't make a right.

*obviously I didn't see the Swindon game, but those who did would probably have expected their manager not to be castigating the ref for a correct decision. Again, that could have been sorted if Hill had admitted this week he's watched it again, but he's not even been asked about it in interviews. The lack of appeal, bearing in mind we've done so in the past, speaks volumes.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 9:13]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 09:15 - Dec 20 with 1868 viewsroccydaleian

Hilly's View! on 08:56 - Dec 20 by richfoad32

Not well versed in Message Board speak and it keeps cropping up.....what's a WUM??

Wind up merchant.
Hilly's View! on 09:19 - Dec 20 with 1863 viewssweetcorn

Hilly's View! on 19:44 - Dec 19 by nordenblue

Some of the things that come out of his mouth..,cracking manager but jesus wept he should retire from giving any press releases he talks absolute bollox most of the time

By the same logic you should stop posting on here.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hilly's View! on 09:32 - Dec 20 with 1848 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 22:28 - Dec 19 by mholt44

Wow , we really do have some uneducated fans and I'm with Keith all the way. How can you become disengaged from the philosophy and ethos that Keith has set out. Granted, he can be aloof, eccentric, bizarre and sometimes rude, but aren't the best managers in the world the same (Mourinho, Ferguson etxc|). I'm not comparing him to the latter but he has the same qualification as them (Pro Licence). He can rub shoulders with them and deserves our respect. We sit above Swindon, Blackpool Shrewsbury Doncaster Scunthorpe Oldham Fleetwood Barnsley Crewe and chesterfield and within 3 points of Bury Millwall and Sheff UTD. We are 4 points from the play off positions, its xmas, half way through the season. We get gates of 2500, we are solvent , money in the bank and in League 1. We have been in league 1 for 4 seasons out of the last 38. We have 5 players from the academy excelling in league 1. We are punching so far above our weight its frightening. Some people on this site need to get some perspective. All of the teams I have mentioned attract far bigger gates than us, have far bigger budgets than us, have been in league 1 and the championship for longer than we have been in league 1. We need to get some perspective. I had a pop at a fan who sits behind me today who is a big player in the supporters trust . He started to berate the players, McDermott in particular after 2 mins, he stated get it forward, stop pissing about....2 mins. He's done it for 2 years, he's so negative its unreal, he's not the only one in the main stand. I'm sure there are others in all parts of the grounds. Put them right, tell them. OMG. We have so many uneducated fans, its not their fault, football has evolved in the last 5 years, we have managers at this level with a pro licence, managers who promote youth, managers who play systems and use strategies and training methods that Mourinho and Ferguson have used. Banging it forward playing back to front football is so archaic. however that's what the uneducated and the older element want, its all they know. I coach at academy level, have a UEFA B Licence coaching badge and I can relate to and APPRECIATE What Keith is doing. We are trying to play cultured football, playing through the thirds, patient football where re cycling and moving from one side of the pitch to the other, drawing the opposition out and dictating play towards an overload are part of a strategy that exits in modern day football. We might not have the players to be 100% successful doing this, but we are trying to do things the right way and to date we have been bloody successful. The players are being educated to PLAY, we don't have the right to berate, we are fans, supporters, we have had one hell of a ride with Keith, the best 10 years in the clubs history. Fans can be very short sighted, to eager for the next 3 points. Don't forget this club has never, never, never been in league 1 for 3 consecutive seasons... never, just bear that in mind when you say we were crap today, Keith has lost the plot, we need a striker...etc. I hate the fact that some of our supporters are flying their premier league flag of sack him get someone else in....remember Coleman, Eyre, Jesus Christ have a day off. If you want to come to a game and slag everyone off for 90 mins, stay at home and do it to the missus. Support the team or stay away . Failing that get educated and change the record, we've never had it so good. !!!!

Speaking of education.....the odd paragraph wouldn't go amiss. I gave up halfway through.
Hilly's View! on 09:48 - Dec 20 with 1813 viewsrochedale

Hilly's View! on 08:56 - Dec 20 by TalkingSutty

Obviously you are wrong, so hold your hand up and apologise please. I was one of the first to post after the win, i posted before you didn't i ? We played crap against Wigan and Bury but did better yesterday, all you can comment on is what you see. Obviously Wigan and Bury are footballing Gallacticos so we have to expect nothing against such magnificent footballing Giants.

However they play against Crewe and Scunny will be commented on, good or bad. If they play crap then I say so, if you performed badly at work then you would expect people to notice? I don't have a problem with happy clappers , you live your life how you want, I don't have much respect for them though and view them as weak people. Just my opinion obviously, which means bugger all in the full scheme of things.

By the way your first sentence makes you look daft.As a paying customer whatever makes you think you don't have a right to criticise? Just balance you criticism up and dole out plenty of praise as well, that's what I do.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2015 9:08]

I did state that I hadn't read everything, so you won't be getting an apology. It isn't about being a happy clapper, it is about neing realistic. At the start of the season we were flying and in the top 4 and people were claiming we were in with a shout of success this season. We are 4 points off the play off places and still in with a good shout.

The players reaction to the goals yesterday I am sure were aimed at the crowd. Not one goal was celebrated with the fans, infact it appeared Hendo and McDermott actually turned away from the crowd to make a point.

We don't have a right to criticise as we are in the best ever position as Rochdale FC. I am sure Hilly is building for the long game, with that in mind there are bound to be upsets along the way. If that viewpoint, in your opinion, makes me look daft, then so be it. No happy clapping here, just realistic and optimistic.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hilly's View! on 10:18 - Dec 20 with 1777 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 09:48 - Dec 20 by rochedale

I did state that I hadn't read everything, so you won't be getting an apology. It isn't about being a happy clapper, it is about neing realistic. At the start of the season we were flying and in the top 4 and people were claiming we were in with a shout of success this season. We are 4 points off the play off places and still in with a good shout.

The players reaction to the goals yesterday I am sure were aimed at the crowd. Not one goal was celebrated with the fans, infact it appeared Hendo and McDermott actually turned away from the crowd to make a point.

We don't have a right to criticise as we are in the best ever position as Rochdale FC. I am sure Hilly is building for the long game, with that in mind there are bound to be upsets along the way. If that viewpoint, in your opinion, makes me look daft, then so be it. No happy clapping here, just realistic and optimistic.

The crowd hasn't changed it's approach since I was a lad. You say the players turned away from the crowd? If it really is the case they did that, there's only one person to blame, and that's Keith Hill putting rubbish ideas into their heads.

There will always be a few moans, groans and the odd catcall from any crowd. Any player who can't perform through that - and take the huge plaudits when they score - should give the game up now, or they'll end up in a psychiatric unit.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 10:22 - Dec 20 with 1766 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's View! on 09:48 - Dec 20 by rochedale

The fans are well within their rights to voice their opinions regarding certain performances. No matter what Hill will have you believe the performances against Bury and Wigan weren't worthy of a local derby. No fight or passion on display. The red card against Swindon was a definite red and Hilly was wrong. Do we just have agree with him?

Obviously the manager and Vincenti will lap up the accolades and slaps on the back but aim a bit of criticism regarding poor performances and listen to them bleat. They make me sick the lot of them, I don't give a shit if the players like Hendo or Donal won't celebrate with us anyway, a bunch of spoiled brats. Don't swallow all the baloney that the manager and players care about the fans anyway, if you think that you need to take a reality check. It's all about them!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024