Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games 18:19 - Dec 11 with 34809 views442Dale

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/question-to-the-club/

As a result of issues raised by supporters on here recently, questions were sent to the club via the Trust. The answers are in the link.

Please take the time to join the Trust and ask questions too or if you're already a member get them sent in (use the links at the top on their site). This illustrates that they will be answered, and those answers are there for everyone to see and debate.

Simple process that other clubs would do well to follow.

Thanks to those involved.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2015 18:21]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:47 - Jan 30 with 3069 views442Dale

As this is the thread both the Trust and the club were alerted to re. issues raised by supporters, please put any experiences around searches today here.

Hopefully the feedback will have led to the situation being addressed positively.

Less stewards present at the main stand turnstiles than the last game. Didn't notice anyone being searched.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 17:22]

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:41 - Jan 30 with 2956 viewsD_Alien

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 14:47 - Jan 30 by 442Dale

As this is the thread both the Trust and the club were alerted to re. issues raised by supporters, please put any experiences around searches today here.

Hopefully the feedback will have led to the situation being addressed positively.

Less stewards present at the main stand turnstiles than the last game. Didn't notice anyone being searched.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 17:22]

No searches at the Pearl St end. I nearly asked the steward why not!

Sanity seems to have prevailed.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:43 - Jan 30 with 2938 viewsChaffRAFC

I was searched yet again, like every bloody home game these days, this time I was trying to take my 2 year old son in with me and it just didn't seem necessary.

Edit - It was at the Pearl Street entrance where I was searched.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:43 - Jan 30 with 2936 viewsboffley

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:41 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

There were at 2.45.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:48 - Jan 30 with 2896 viewsD_Alien

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:43 - Jan 30 by boffley

There were at 2.45.

Really? I got there at 2.59, wonder why they stopped?

Insanity rules

[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 17:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:58 - Jan 30 with 2863 viewsleonardrafc

Everyone was searched when I arrived. I couldn't be bothered arguing today and the steward was pretty decent so I just let it be.

I know someone who wrote a letter to Colin Garlick and apparently the club cannot search women. Does anyone have an idea why that might be? They are searching people on the grounds of terrorism. So if anyone wants to smuggle something into Spotland, just send your wife.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 17:59]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:07 - Jan 30 with 2843 views442Dale

This all comes back to communication. Why in over two and a half weeks since this issue was raised again a full statement around the policy hasn't appeared on the club's website is a question only they can answer. It may well be that an existing policy remains in place, but surely from supporter feedback this could be displayed again as a reminder?

The other questions that were sent to the Trust are a separate matter and they can liaise with the club and provide answers on their own website so that they are fulfilling their role as representatives of their members and the fanbase at large.

Why question 5 was not answered immediately after the Trust meeting in their minutes is one that's difficult to work out. For those who need a reminder, here is question 5:
<< 5) Are the Trust board concerned about this ongoing issue and what will be put in place to monitor fans' feedback going forward? >>

I reiterated to the Trust again today that these are not issues raised by one member, more that is a representation of the feelings of loyal supporters who have expressed their concern at what they have experienced at home games. This has been done by using a channel they mentioned at their AGM was working effectively, whilst at the same time encouraging other members to do the same and other fans to join so that they too could bring up any issues.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:07 - Jan 30 with 2841 viewsValleySaddler

Most people were searched at Pearl st when I went in about 2.40pm.
The only reason I wasn't searched was because I went through the concession turnstile with my season ticket whilst others were having a full examination.
As for the post about woman not being searched can't speak for today because my wife didn't attend.But the Chesterfield game and the previous home games she was searched.
It is starting to get a bit ridiculous now....
Login to get fewer ads

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:07 - Jan 30 with 2840 viewsRosun

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:58 - Jan 30 by leonardrafc

Everyone was searched when I arrived. I couldn't be bothered arguing today and the steward was pretty decent so I just let it be.

I know someone who wrote a letter to Colin Garlick and apparently the club cannot search women. Does anyone have an idea why that might be? They are searching people on the grounds of terrorism. So if anyone wants to smuggle something into Spotland, just send your wife.

Oops. Voice to text recognition switched on when it shouldn't have been!
First time in ages I wasn't searched today
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 18:13]
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:35 - Jan 30 with 2783 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:41 - Jan 30 by D_Alien

What time did you arrive, D_Alien? They were searching almost everyone from head to toe from around twenty-past-two until twenty-to-three. One bloke was actually surrounded by four stewards and having a heated debate about why he wasn't prepared to be searched.

The stewards were very apologetic about it.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 18:39]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:36 - Jan 30 with 2777 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 17:58 - Jan 30 by leonardrafc

So, as asked before, presumably EVERYONE who steps foot inside Spotland on a matchday is searched.

Or is it only fans who have the potential to be terrorists?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 18:38]

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:43 - Jan 30 with 2751 viewsflyerdale

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:36 - Jan 30 by TVOS1907

So, as asked before, presumably EVERYONE who steps foot inside Spotland on a matchday is searched.

Or is it only fans who have the potential to be terrorists?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2016 18:38]

I wasn't searched at the pearl street turnstiles at around 1440. I did go through the concessions turnstile with my season ticket
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:45 - Jan 30 with 2735 viewsTVOS1907

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:43 - Jan 30 by flyerdale

I wasn't searched at the pearl street turnstiles at around 1440. I did go through the concessions turnstile with my season ticket

I got the impression the stewards were fed up with all the grief by that point.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 18:50 - Jan 30 with 2718 views442Dale

Just as a matter of interest, are there any supporters who believe we could improve the way I've followed up this issue based on posts on here?

Having not been searched it hasn't ever affected me but I was more than willing to continue using an effective method of communication that has a) worked well in the past, and b) been praised by both fans and the Trust themselves.

If this is no longer the case and it's not working, maybe somebody could let me know so that I won't be wasting my time. The aim, as always, is to improve a situation for everyone. I don't want answers for myself at all, it should always be for every single fan.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 19:39 - Jan 30 with 2644 viewsonedalefan

Went in Pearl St at around 230. Person in front was searched, the steward then just ignored my friend and myself.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:03 - Jan 30 with 2598 viewswindowsbug

A woman can only be searched by another woman.
If they say they can't search them, then it's a case of discrimination.
There was a security guy in the Sandy today, the only identification he had was the hat he was wearing. No name of company or I'd number on his jacket.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:20 - Jan 30 with 2568 viewsKenBoon

I was searched. Only searched my lower half though. I could have been wearing a bomb vest and they'd be none the wiser.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:34 - Jan 30 with 2549 viewsShun

You must look a dodgy lot. I have a season ticket for the Sandy Lane end and I've NEVER been searched at a home game.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:04 - Feb 1 with 2397 viewsDickydaler

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 20:34 - Jan 30 by Shun

You must look a dodgy lot. I have a season ticket for the Sandy Lane end and I've NEVER been searched at a home game.

Also go in the Sandy and have never been searched. And if I was it wouldn't bother me one bit. I just think this 'controversy' about being searched is a bit pathetic. What does it matter if you are or aren't! I've read all the arguments about inconsistency etc. and have decided that it's a case of a storm in a tea cup and people have got nothing better to do than continually complain, and that's fast becoming the society we live in unfortunately.
And please, there's no need to reply to this post as I've heard it all before!
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:32 - Feb 1 with 2338 viewsdingdangblue

My mate got searched, well I say searched - they patted him under his arms and down his sides. Took around 1 second. Waste of time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 12:41 - Feb 1 with 2320 viewsDale27

My mate who was searched infront of me asked why this was necessary, the steward replied that they have to search everybody that is entering. The same steward searched me, but was terrified to death - his face was a picture, and he couldn't apologise enough for having to search me.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 22:44 - Feb 2 with 2161 views442Dale

Replies from the Trust/club:

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/02/update-on-member-questions-pre-match-searches

Thanks to those involved in following this up.

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 08:16 - Feb 3 with 2073 viewsaleanddale

Well I welcome the relax in the policy mentioned.

Interesting that it is counter terrorism and not flares weapons or fish and chips.

It is putting people off attending so well done the club for realising.

If an IS splinter group want to target Spotland some un qualified frisk on matchdays will not stop them that's for certain.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 09:02 - Feb 3 with 2050 viewsKenBoon

LOL counter-terrorism. I'm sure some terrorist would figure out another way past the random searches. If that is the actual reason then they're not searching me again. I'm fed up of "severe level" bull used to justify new laws and other rubbish.
Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 09:41 - Feb 3 with 2016 viewsdingdangblue

Replies from the club re. Ticketing and searches at games on 09:02 - Feb 3 by KenBoon

LOL counter-terrorism. I'm sure some terrorist would figure out another way past the random searches. If that is the actual reason then they're not searching me again. I'm fed up of "severe level" bull used to justify new laws and other rubbish.

Agreed - the club initially said it was because of smoke flares/canisters thrown on the pitch during wigan/bury games and the threat of a fine from the football authorities ? I think if a terrorist is going to target Spotland to create maximum impact at a football ground in England - then they haven't done their homework!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024