Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lancs Or Mancs?? 09:45 - Aug 13 with 10012 viewsmexmike

What does everyone think of this post from PNE about being the only Lancashire team in the league cup?
Personally I class Rochdale as being in Lancashire, always have always will, hate being labelled as a Manc!!!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/ticmike/pne_1.jpg?t=1439368891
Lancs Or Mancs?? on 09:22 - Aug 14 with 3186 viewsSandyman

"Greater Manchester" is an administrative and political Metropolian County only. Our historical heritage is Lancastrian, as Stockport's is with Cheshire, as Saddleworth's is with Yorkshire.

Lancashire La La La
Lancashire La La La

http://www.forl.co.uk/
Lancs Or Mancs?? on 11:32 - Aug 14 with 3109 viewsAtThePeake

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 08:33 - Aug 14 by nordenblue

Unless you come from heywood,where you somehow have to adapt the strongest plastic manc accent known to living man

Ha.

I'm from Heywood. I think the reason for that is that Darnhill is an overspill estate from Manchester and that Mancness has spread through the town. My grandparents were relocated from Ardwick to Darnhill when they were newlyweds and the majority of that side of my family are very Manc. I'd describe my accent as soft Mancunian, although the odd Rochdalian word does pop out when I've been to the match.

Tangled up in blue.

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 14:39 - Aug 14 with 3034 viewsmexmike

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 08:33 - Aug 14 by nordenblue

Unless you come from heywood,where you somehow have to adapt the strongest plastic manc accent known to living man

Im the OP of this thread and I come from Heywood,but no fake manc accent here.

Although granted there are loads around the town as it would appear its cool to talk like that and also carry a strange ladies bag over your shoulder at all times if under 25.
Lancs Or Mancs?? on 15:31 - Aug 14 with 2997 viewsnordenblue

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 14:39 - Aug 14 by mexmike

Im the OP of this thread and I come from Heywood,but no fake manc accent here.

Although granted there are loads around the town as it would appear its cool to talk like that and also carry a strange ladies bag over your shoulder at all times if under 25.

Sadly i work in Heywood and the accent of some of the younger ones is embarrassing,I live in Salford and have yet to witness anyone speak remotely as "manc" as some of the chimps emulating from Heywood,it would appear the tattoo on the neck comes with a staffie too,as another must have item.
Lancs Or Mancs?? on 16:50 - Aug 14 with 2952 viewsfitzochris

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 15:31 - Aug 14 by nordenblue

Sadly i work in Heywood and the accent of some of the younger ones is embarrassing,I live in Salford and have yet to witness anyone speak remotely as "manc" as some of the chimps emulating from Heywood,it would appear the tattoo on the neck comes with a staffie too,as another must have item.

The first five years of my life I grew up in Moston, so I came to Rochdale with a five-year old's Manc accent. Over the years that became more Rochdalian. I moved to Glasgow in 2003, and people say I now speak like a Manky Lancastrian with a subtle Weegie twang (which pleases me not).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 16:55 - Aug 14 with 2943 viewsAtThePeake

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 15:31 - Aug 14 by nordenblue

Wot u torkin bowt me lyk that for mayt.

Tangled up in blue.

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 18:18 - Aug 14 with 2859 viewsnordenblue

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 16:55 - Aug 14 by AtThePeake

Wot u torkin bowt me lyk that for mayt.

Everything they say has to end in maaaaayyyttee.
Where do you live? "Heeeywoood maaaaayyytte
Lancs Or Mancs?? on 12:01 - Aug 16 with 2695 viewsmexmike

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 18:18 - Aug 14 by nordenblue

Everything they say has to end in maaaaayyyttee.
Where do you live? "Heeeywoood maaaaayyytte

I was having my haircut the other day in the barbers (as was Lewis Allesandra as it happens) and there was a lad in talking and everything was 'proper sick mayyyyteeee' didn't know weather to call an ambulance or not with everything being so sick!!

Lewis was talking to said lad and seemed to be a decent lad, said if he works hard he'll get his chance basically, no moaning about not playing.
Login to get fewer ads

Lancs Or Mancs?? on 12:16 - Aug 16 with 2672 viewsYouTubeDale

Ofcourse we are Lancastrians !!!!

They might as well come out with the word "Northern".

[Post edited 16 Aug 2015 12:23]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024