Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! 22:21 - Nov 28 with 2303 viewsAl_Bundy

And got through this group tonight?

Resting players for the Man City game which we are not going to win seems a bit strange to me.

Now we will have to go with our best X1 in St Gallen with a risk or losing a prem match we could actually win in the same week.
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:26 - Nov 28 with 1867 viewsorion3016

Apart from ash, Ben & vorm that was our best non injured team
We're starting to run out of options

Be over there now after

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:26 - Nov 28 with 1864 viewsGlyn1

I'd prefer Neil to Ben any time, if that is who you are talking about. Vorm and Tremmel are fairly equal, and both of them can make mistakes.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:47 - Nov 28 with 1790 viewsSwansNZ

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:26 - Nov 28 by Glyn1

I'd prefer Neil to Ben any time, if that is who you are talking about. Vorm and Tremmel are fairly equal, and both of them can make mistakes.

Sorry, but Ben is playing much better than Taylor.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:49 - Nov 28 with 1760 viewsDr_Winston

Ben is vastly superior to Taylor. Taylor can't attack for sh*t, which he needs to be able to in our system. Good defensively though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:51 - Nov 28 with 1744 viewsWarwickHunt

Ben is light years ahead of Taylor, who was f*cking woeful going forward tonight.

Vorm is a far better keeper than Tremmel. Pretty f*cking obvious, that one.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 22:53]
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:52 - Nov 28 with 1728 viewsSwansNZ

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:49 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

Ben is vastly superior to Taylor. Taylor can't attack for sh*t, which he needs to be able to in our system. Good defensively though.

my thoughts exactly, much of a muchness between them defensively, but Ben is a threat going forward, where Neil looks lost

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:54 - Nov 28 with 1715 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Depressing to read as recently as a few weeks ago that some fans think Taylor is a better attacking full-back than Ben. Truly terrifying.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:55 - Nov 28 with 1712 viewsDr_Winston

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:52 - Nov 28 by SwansNZ

my thoughts exactly, much of a muchness between them defensively, but Ben is a threat going forward, where Neil looks lost

Yup.

Taylor has always been strangely overrated as an offensive asset. He's a good player, and more than adequate backup for Ben, but Davies is the clear #1.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:18 - Nov 28 with 1625 viewsLeonisGod

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 22:54 - Nov 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Depressing to read as recently as a few weeks ago that some fans think Taylor is a better attacking full-back than Ben. Truly terrifying.

That's based on the Tayls of old, who was a quality player and good going forward in a system that suited him and with a good partnership with Scotty. The Tayls of old is a match for Ben, so it's no surprise he has his fans. But, he's nowhere near his best and this system doesn't seem to suit him. He had a horrific injury and will need time.
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:22 - Nov 28 with 1603 viewsjackharris

Yes because I've heard the DVLA crew want to claim overtime or compo for watching that shovel of sh*t and any expenses incurred!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 23:27]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:25 - Nov 28 with 1588 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:18 - Nov 28 by LeonisGod

That's based on the Tayls of old, who was a quality player and good going forward in a system that suited him and with a good partnership with Scotty. The Tayls of old is a match for Ben, so it's no surprise he has his fans. But, he's nowhere near his best and this system doesn't seem to suit him. He had a horrific injury and will need time.

The 'tayls of old' i.e the Taylor before Davies ever played for us. But that's going back a long-time now, pretty much the whole of Laudrup's time in charge. Anyone who though Taylor was a better player by the end of last season needed their head read, let alone by now. Taylor is good defensively, but Davies is in another league going forwards; this system suits him down to the ground.

We're lucky to have 2 good left-backs, but there's no doubt who is no 1.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:30 - Nov 28 with 1554 viewsdgt73

Dammed if you do, dammed if you dont.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:33 - Nov 28 with 1537 viewsBryncochInn

As much as I like Tremmel he made a mistake tonight in flapping with that ball which led to their goal and give a pen away against Kuban. If we had played Vorm we'd be through now. Goalkeepes don't need a rest surely?
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:35 - Nov 28 with 1532 viewsdgt73

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:33 - Nov 28 by BryncochInn

As much as I like Tremmel he made a mistake tonight in flapping with that ball which led to their goal and give a pen away against Kuban. If we had played Vorm we'd be through now. Goalkeepes don't need a rest surely?

Good point.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:39 - Nov 28 with 1514 viewsLeonisGod

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:25 - Nov 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

The 'tayls of old' i.e the Taylor before Davies ever played for us. But that's going back a long-time now, pretty much the whole of Laudrup's time in charge. Anyone who though Taylor was a better player by the end of last season needed their head read, let alone by now. Taylor is good defensively, but Davies is in another league going forwards; this system suits him down to the ground.

We're lucky to have 2 good left-backs, but there's no doubt who is no 1.

Before his comeback this forum was littered with people who thought there was little or nothing between them. The benefit of hindsight and all that...
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:42 - Nov 28 with 1496 viewsSwansNZ

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:33 - Nov 28 by BryncochInn

I don't have a problem with playing Gerry.

Yes, it was a weak punch tonight, when really he should have caught the bloody thing, but it was not very long ago, a lot of people were calling for Vorm to be dropped for Gerry.

If you don't play him in cup games, when would you?

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 06:05 - Nov 29 with 1394 viewsDr_Winston

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:18 - Nov 28 by LeonisGod

"The Tayls of old" wasn't brilliant at getting forward either.

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 08:08 - Nov 29 with 1313 viewswr72

Taylor was good enough before Ben came along but has had his thunder stolen.He'll always be compared to young Davies now which is unfortunate for Taylor as he's clearly not as good, match fit or just coming back from injury.

I didn't expect us to win last night.There's no way we'd have been able to go to Switzerland with nothing to play for.It's just not our way.Credit to Valencia though,they looked a good side 1st half and the gulf in class was evident.They did seem to tire though and us get better and in the end a point might have been a fair result.You don't go to the Mestella,embarrass them in their own back yard and not expect a reaction from them.

My only concern is our injuries,that was our 24th game last night already and it showed.1 or 2 new faces in January is now a must and my other worry is we don't rush Michu back now Bony is out.Thought Vasquez done well when he came on but is he gonna score at the Etihad or get us the goals until our injured players are fit again ?
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 08:23 - Nov 29 with 1297 viewsTycoch_Tyrant

He did make a bit of a weak punch, yes. However, the ball then dropped luckily to a valencia player who took a shot... which luckily rebounded off another valencia player right into the path of another valencia player who was lucky to be in the right place at the right time... it was hardly a 'worked out' goal was it? Sometimes silly things like this happen, but that doesn't mean we should lose confidence in him as a keeper. In the rest of the game he made 2 or 3 really good goal keeping decisions, at least 2 of which denied valencia a goal - it would be nice to play form all the time, but even if they do not physically tire they do mentally.
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 08:27 - Nov 29 with 1287 viewswr72

I hate it when keepers nowadays refuse to catch a ball.Are they brainwashed into keeping the ball alive or what? You see it down the academies too.The keepers can't wait to get rid of it.
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 08:37 - Nov 29 with 1261 viewstrolley_jack

We should put out a competitive squad every competitive game, resting players against man city could be tragic remeber Liverpool away last season. Plus we havent lost sundays game yet.
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 08:41 - Nov 29 with 1255 viewsblaine_scfc

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 23:39 - Nov 28 by LeonisGod

Before his comeback this forum was littered with people who thought there was little or nothing between them. The benefit of hindsight and all that...

Me being one of them. I didn't realise how important Ben was to us until he missed a game! I still like Taylor, and with his injury it could take all of this season to get back fully fit and confident, he was hiding at times today when he could of been an option going forward but was no where to be seen.
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 09:13 - Nov 29 with 1224 viewsblaenaugwentjack

With a few regulars missing, i think this was are best team.
Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 09:25 - Nov 29 with 1206 viewsDull1Thomas

Unlucky not to have won
Bony should have score with a header
Goal should have counted
Three goal bound strikes cleared by a scrambled defence
Valencia - quality side
They scored with a well hit strike but should have been cleared by our mid field after Tremmel's reasonable punch clear.

Booing the team, some who were flat out by the end didn't help.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 09:33 - Nov 29 with 1199 viewsBonjour

Should we have fielded our best team tonight !?! on 08:23 - Nov 29 by Tycoch_Tyrant

He did make a bit of a weak punch, yes. However, the ball then dropped luckily to a valencia player who took a shot... which luckily rebounded off another valencia player right into the path of another valencia player who was lucky to be in the right place at the right time... it was hardly a 'worked out' goal was it? Sometimes silly things like this happen, but that doesn't mean we should lose confidence in him as a keeper. In the rest of the game he made 2 or 3 really good goal keeping decisions, at least 2 of which denied valencia a goal - it would be nice to play form all the time, but even if they do not physically tire they do mentally.

Silly things like that can be avoided though. I haven't seen it on tv but from where I was last night he was under no pressure and should have caught it comfortably. It's basic things like that that are costing us.

It's alarming how easy it is to score goals against us. Take Fulham for example - we had a period in the first half where we absolutely battered them yet created next to no golden chances. They get the ball for 2 mins and bent misses one sitter and another very good chance and we could/should have been 2-0 down.

We need to make teams do something to score as we ain't gonna score many the way we are playing at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024