Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fireworks 20:45 - Nov 4 with 7751 viewsAndyB

Why?
Who still wastes money on these?
What is the fecking point?
And .......Nov 5th is TOMORROW!!!!!
Why do we have 5 days of the noisy feckers?

Fireworks on 10:43 - Nov 5 with 2170 viewsrongould

I am going to Lewes tonight.

Fireworks on 10:52 - Nov 5 with 2150 viewsTheBlob

Fireworks on 10:43 - Nov 5 by rongould

I had an old auntie who lived in Glynde and we went to one of these.
Great stuff.
Any chance of an efigy of Mark Hughes this year?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Fireworks on 11:02 - Nov 5 with 2134 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fireworks on 10:52 - Nov 5 by TheBlob

I had an old auntie who lived in Glynde and we went to one of these.
Great stuff.
Any chance of an efigy of Mark Hughes this year?

Not in Wales.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Fireworks on 11:09 - Nov 5 with 2119 viewsWokingR

Fireworks on 10:43 - Nov 5 by rongould

Makes you sound like a Crystal Palace fan
Fireworks on 11:09 - Nov 5 with 2119 viewsTheBlob

Fireworks on 11:02 - Nov 5 by isawqpratwcity

Not in Wales.

We burn the efigy of an efigy down here.

Fireworks on 11:21 - Nov 5 with 2100 viewscalders

I Also wonder if guy Fawkes night would be Celebrated a lot more if he had of Been successful.
Fireworks on 11:25 - Nov 5 with 2092 viewsTheBlob

Fireworks on 11:21 - Nov 5 by calders

I Also wonder if guy Fawkes night would be Celebrated a lot more if he had of Been successful.

Then we'd have to put up with even more of those f*cking Guy Fawkes masks.

Fireworks on 12:29 - Nov 5 with 2081 viewsblacky200

See India have just sent a rocket to mars. Now that's one hell of a firework.
Login to get fewer ads

Fireworks on 14:01 - Nov 5 with 2035 viewsBluce_Ree

If India are involved, I expect it to come crashing down to Earth and kill 347 civilians as they attempt to get through a level crossing.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Fireworks on 14:16 - Nov 5 with 2030 viewsTheBlob

Fireworks on 12:29 - Nov 5 by blacky200

See India have just sent a rocket to mars. Now that's one hell of a firework.

And we send those kunts £280m every year.

Fireworks on 14:24 - Nov 5 with 2026 viewsMonahoop

Fireworks on 22:07 - Nov 4 by loftboy

Used to go up the town centre at Bracknell during lunch time at school circa 1980 to buy packets of bangers, if one didn't go off you would cut it in half and do a "genie" by setting light to the gunpowder, got to close one year and blinded myself for 20 minutes and singed off my eyebrows.
My mate threw one at a boy on a bike once, miss threw it and it landed in the boys coat hood ( he was about 15) the boy shit himself, fell off his bike and the banger rolled out his hood a fraction before it went off, back in those days my mate probably would of gone to borstal if he'd of got caught.

Ah yes! Genies. Had great fun creating them until a mate nearly lost his face through one.[ Silly bugger was too slow in getting his bonce out of the way]. It was at half time at a match behind one of the stands at Horsham FC, we made a huge cone for a genie.Matey lit it and BOOM!! He looked like one of the black and white minstrels. His old ma nearly killed him [and the rest of our group] when we took him home. His face was still black for a couple of days.

Remember jumping jacks? Lethal buggers that would follow you around. Great fun in a school playground especially when we all had to line up to go back into classes. Some wag would let off a couple of jacks in that time. Just watch every one scatter in panic and the teachers losing complete composure and order. Extended break time by a few extra minutes. Downside was a school detention until whoever owned up which no one ever did.

An uncle of mine who was a bit dim, put a box of fireworks in his oven after he left it outside in the rain for a while. He thought by leaving them in the warming stove for a few minutes, it would dry them out. The inevitable happened. Destroyed his house and his marriage!

Just isn't the same anymore with organised firework displays.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Fireworks on 14:32 - Nov 5 with 2017 viewsTheBlob

Remeber them aerial bombshell things?The big f*ck off ones that had at least six shells in them,stuck them into planks of wood and fired them at each other.
Amazing we made it out of adolescence.

Fireworks on 15:17 - Nov 5 with 1997 viewsMonahoop

Fireworks on 14:32 - Nov 5 by TheBlob

Remeber them aerial bombshell things?The big f*ck off ones that had at least six shells in them,stuck them into planks of wood and fired them at each other.
Amazing we made it out of adolescence.

Yeah remember them well. My older brother was a right one for obtaining lethal fireworks especially ones that made meaty explosions. He'd store them somewhere and let them off randomly throughout the year whenever the mood took him, usually in the vicinity of someone we hated in the neighbourhood.
He also collected or pinched from a local farmer, crow scarers. Oh what fun we had with homemade mortars made with empty paint tins stuffed with scarers and the the old mans vegetable plot resembling a mini Somme when we buried them in the soil. Had the Old Bill around our house a couple of times 'cos the neighbours reported gunfire coming from our place. Kill joys!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Fireworks on 16:02 - Nov 5 with 1976 viewsHayesender

Back in the early 80's, there used to be a builder's yard in Percy rd opposite the conningham.

Anyway, a few of us broke in one weekend and nicked a load of airgun pellets they had stocked in there.

We then decided to mix these with the powder from bangers with a hammer and some swan vesta.

How one of us didn't blow our fingers off I'll never know.

Went back a week later for some more and they were ready for us with a great big German Sheppard

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Fireworks on 16:06 - Nov 5 with 1975 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Saw a display many years ago set to Jeff Waynes 'War of the worlds' at some athletic stadium.

They even had a firework 'Thunderchild' firing rockets at a firework martian. Bloody majik.

DER DER DER.....

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fireworks on 17:35 - Nov 5 with 1887 viewseastside_r

Unless you are a child, I fail to see the entertainment value in bright lights and loud bangs. It’s hardly cerebral is it? (Mind you I could have just described most Hollywood action movies!)

Fireworks are also:

Expensive

Dangerous

Environmentally unfriendly

And scare pets shitless

I fecking hate bonfire night and Diwali, the whole thing seems to go on for weeks these days.
Fireworks on 17:53 - Nov 5 with 1870 viewsR_from_afar

I have to admit that back in the 90s, a friend had a New Year's eve party to which people brought fireworks, fireworks which the mate and I "networked" using fusewire and a car battery. Stationing sentries, we set up all the fireworks on some waste ground near his house, and at midnight, video camera at the ready, connected the car battery. The whole lot - hundreds of pounds worth - went up in 30 seconds of absolute mayhem! Good fun but only worth doing once.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fireworks on 19:40 - Nov 5 with 1835 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Fireworks on 20:52 - Nov 5 with 1806 viewsDeano19766

Fireworks on 22:34 - Nov 4 by TheBlob

When I was a teen a mate of mine turned up with half a stick of gelignite and we blew up some geezer's mini in a pub car park.
That was fun.

Was that John English???
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024