Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats peoples opinions on new site? 11:07 - Jul 30 with 14237 viewsjamiewales

Not too keen on it atm.
Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 15:10 - Jul 30 with 2827 viewsActionBronson

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 14:54 - Jul 30 by Monty

You do realise that the only reason its responsive is cos there is sod all on here yet?

I'll remain the optimist until it slows down to a snails pace

My name's Dave Angel, eco warrior. Behind me there is my missus Shirley, and we haven't had sex for twelve years, which is fine because we got better things to do.

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 15:10 - Jul 30 with 2827 viewsCottsy

I can learn to live with it.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 15:16 - Jul 30 with 2821 viewsLaudrup

I really dislike the new forum layout.
Much prefer the simple phpBB forums.

Where did the ticket and travel sub forum (or whatever it was named) go?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 15:17]

I hate signatures

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 15:37 - Jul 30 with 2796 viewsFlashberryjack

Absolute Sh*te

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:06 - Jul 30 with 2780 viewsKeyserSoze

Not great. Still a lot better than most other forums though.

Poll: What is the best atmosphere you have experienced at the Liberty?

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:13 - Jul 30 with 2773 views_Kieran

Rather the old site.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:16 - Jul 30 with 2765 viewsflapjack

early days...pity i couldnt retrieve my old user name...meh

formerly board stalker maximus

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:23 - Jul 30 with 2760 viewstoulouse

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:16 - Jul 30 by flapjack

early days...pity i couldnt retrieve my old user name...meh

It's dogsh*t

I f*cking love Copenhagen.

Login to get fewer ads

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:44 - Jul 30 with 2738 viewsWatchman

I have had problems logging in via I.E. appears a lot quicker through Firefox but still gets a little slow when firing up forums though

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 17:28 - Jul 30 with 2707 viewsNeath_Jack

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:44 - Jul 30 by Watchman

I have had problems logging in via I.E. appears a lot quicker through Firefox but still gets a little slow when firing up forums though

Absolute gash.

Yeah yeah it's only a forum to post crap on etc, etc.

Bite me.

And i f*cked that up, didnt mean to quote whoever i quoted. And after you reply it kicks you back out into the f*cking lobby, if thats what that place is indeed called.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 17:29]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 17:37 - Jul 30 with 2695 viewsDr_Winston

Seems like a step backwards to 00's Jackarmy.net technology to be honest. However, I wouldn't particularly want to find the hosting costs that Phil was every month, and as long as it doesn't crash every five minutes I suppose I'll get used to it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:01 - Jul 30 with 2683 viewsApeShit

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 16:44 - Jul 30 by Watchman

Its a mess viewing through IE, and its still full of ads?

Needs ALOT of work.

When you post a reply, there is no acknowledgement it just throws you back to the index page.

The background is way too bright perhaps fade it out a bit?

I just keep catching that gleam of the bald guy's head in the bottom left!

BTW, I don't think there is an option to archive a phpBB forum.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 18:04]
Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:17 - Jul 30 with 2676 viewsJackanapes

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 17:28 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

Absolute gash.

Bite me.

And i f*cked that up, didnt mean to quote whoever i quoted. And after you reply it kicks you back out into the f*cking lobby, if thats what that place is indeed called.

Seems like someone has an agenda. Neathjack never used to be so angry. Has something happened?
Someone needs to

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:23 - Jul 30 with 2667 viewsJackanapes

The whole idea of having multiple user names is that you act differently in each of them. I guess if someones so rabidly angry that they cant contain it, even when typing on a forum, then its fair to say they have problems. Here's another poll. How many usernames do some people have on here already?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:46 - Jul 30 with 2657 viewsNeath_Jack

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:23 - Jul 30 by Jackanapes

The whole idea of having multiple user names is that you act differently in each of them. I guess if someones so rabidly angry that they cant contain it, even when typing on a forum, then its fair to say they have problems. Here's another poll. How many usernames do some people have on here already?

Take my advice pal, stop trying to over analyse things. I have one and only one username on here. Mods feel free to confirm or say otherwise to feed old jackanapes paranoia. Seems i've picked up someones stalker here, oi Fath, does this one belong to you?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:57 - Jul 30 with 2473 viewsPhil_S

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 17:28 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

Absolute gash.

Bite me.

Calm down ;-)

Seriously though, the best thing about being here is feedback can be taken and passed on. THere are some features (I was amazed how much the "View new posts") took up bandwidth on the old site when I looked into it) that may not happen here instantly but there are also things that are on here because we asked for them when we first had a look around here back in February

Nobody is claiming its perfect and userfeedback is always welcomed to pass on - I have just finished an email covering off some of the initial key comments I have picked up.

Overall this is quite clean as a site and for something built from scratch it has much more potential than anything off the shelf can have (for the money I used to pay for it monthly anyway) As time goes on it will get better, initial feedback is more positive than negative which is always good but there are things that need working on but I always knew that would happen.

Feedback ideally should be in the thread on the football board as that is where I have directed the support people
Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 19:01 - Jul 30 with 2467 viewsNeath_Jack

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:57 - Jul 30 by Phil_S

Calm down ;-)

Seriously though, the best thing about being here is feedback can be taken and passed on. THere are some features (I was amazed how much the "View new posts") took up bandwidth on the old site when I looked into it) that may not happen here instantly but there are also things that are on here because we asked for them when we first had a look around here back in February

Nobody is claiming its perfect and userfeedback is always welcomed to pass on - I have just finished an email covering off some of the initial key comments I have picked up.

Overall this is quite clean as a site and for something built from scratch it has much more potential than anything off the shelf can have (for the money I used to pay for it monthly anyway) As time goes on it will get better, initial feedback is more positive than negative which is always good but there are things that need working on but I always knew that would happen.

Feedback ideally should be in the thread on the football board as that is where I have directed the support people

Well done Philip, you do a fantastic job.

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 19:22 - Jul 30 with 2453 viewsJackanapes

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:46 - Jul 30 by Neath_Jack

Take my advice pal, stop trying to over analyse things. I have one and only one username on here. Mods feel free to confirm or say otherwise to feed old jackanapes paranoia. Seems i've picked up someones stalker here, oi Fath, does this one belong to you?

I didn't address this to you. It was addressed everyone .Why did you respond to it? My theory was that only people with mutliple usernames would get the hump with it. Hmmmm.
That's tickled me pink that has. Claims I'm stalking him after a post aimed at the whole site. It really isn't all about you you know. Tee, and indeed, hee.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 19:59]

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 19:28 - Jul 30 with 2448 viewsjack_obs

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 15:10 - Jul 30 by ActionBronson

I'll remain the optimist until it slows down to a snails pace

Once we get used to it the old site will be long forgotten.
Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 20:14 - Jul 30 with 2436 viewsDJack

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 18:57 - Jul 30 by Phil_S

Calm down ;-)

I think most on here who've gone through a few iterations of the site "preferred" the previous one(s) but as usual we will grow used to it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 20:59 - Jul 30 with 2429 viewsClaws

The responsiveness and lack of 503 errors I'm a big fan of. The infrastructure is obviously light years ahead of what was here (Yes, yes, first post, but lurked for ages). The styling surely is a much easier fix than getting the under the bonnet things right. Yes, some follow-up css work possibly wouldn't go amiss, but in general, a thumbs up.

Swansea ambassador to Cardiff. Under cover since 2007. Morriston Monkey for much, much longer.

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 21:01 - Jul 30 with 2425 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Already getting used to it. Aesthetically pleasing and the new features seem a nice addition. Annoying that it doesn't automatically censor out expletives, though!

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 21:33 - Jul 30 with 2409 viewsAndy1300

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 15:16 - Jul 30 by Laudrup

I really dislike the new forum layout.
Much prefer the simple phpBB forums.

Where did the ticket and travel sub forum (or whatever it was named) go?
[Post edited 30 Jul 2013 15:17]

Much prefer the old layout, same as XJR forum I use, easy to use and better to look at.

Number 1 team in Wales

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 22:47 - Jul 30 with 2383 viewsClaws

And having commented earlier on how fast it seemed to be, we're now back to falling over. What's this hosted on? Please don't tell me it's shared hosting or a an underprovisioned VPS.

Oh, it's hosted on a Dragon32? Awesome.

Swansea ambassador to Cardiff. Under cover since 2007. Morriston Monkey for much, much longer.

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 22:49 - Jul 30 with 2382 viewssunshinehead

Whats peoples opinions on new site? on 12:42 - Jul 30 by Senhin

Took me a while to work out how to reply :lol:

And I prefered the look on the old site, but it's a'right. As long as it's quicker I don't really care.

There's smileys you know. :lol:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024