Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Harry was to walk.... 08:44 - Feb 11 with 6378 viewsGloucs_R

If Harry was to walk at the end of the season and we went down. Who would you want to take over? Adkins? Coyle? Di Matteo? Poyet? Robinson?

I didnt think he would walk but the more I watch his body language, them more I think he will.

Poll: Are we staying up?

If Harry was to walk.... on 11:16 - Feb 11 with 1289 viewsJonDoeman

If Harry was to walk.... on 11:16 - Feb 11 by BromleyHoop

As soon as it was announced that Steve Cotterill was joining the staff I immediately thought it was with a view to him taking over next year. It seems pretty obvious to me. Even more so having read that quote from TF above.

It Is What It Is !!

If Harry was to walk.... on 11:26 - Feb 11 with 1277 viewsessextaxiboy

If Harry was to walk.... on 11:16 - Feb 11 by BromleyHoop

As soon as it was announced that Steve Cotterill was joining the staff I immediately thought it was with a view to him taking over next year. It seems pretty obvious to me. Even more so having read that quote from TF above.

If Harry was to walk.... on 11:48 - Feb 11 with 1255 viewsAntti_Heinola

I just don't think Cotterill matches anything that the owners are looking for. OK, they may not be able to get a big name, but they could attract a decent young manager.

I expect Harry to go when we go down. West Ham will not get rid of Allardyce.

Poyet no chance - he's got a wonderful gig at Brighton.

Karl Robinson - not really sure what the attraction is here. His teams don't seem to me to play great football and MK are hardly tearing up the division. No thanks.

Adkins is the obvious choice and would be brilliant, but he might be gone to another club by then - almost certainly will, in fact.

Ainsworth is too early and in the lower leagues you can achieve much more with passion and drive than you can the higher you go. Love him, but he needs to do a bit more before we start welcoming him back. But would love him to come back one day and think there's a great chance that he will.

We should have gone for Mackay a year ago, that's for sure.

A real tough one. Uwe Rosler? ;)

Bare bones.

If Harry was to walk.... on 12:25 - Feb 11 with 1240 viewsTHEBUSH

For me, we've had enough of the big name manager/coach types.

We need someone fresh, with new ideas, so maybe we should go for someone like, Robinson, Poyet or Adkins ?
If Harry was to walk.... on 12:33 - Feb 11 with 1229 viewsJamie

If Harry was to walk.... on 12:25 - Feb 11 by THEBUSH

For me, we've had enough of the big name manager/coach types.

We need someone fresh, with new ideas, so maybe we should go for someone like, Robinson, Poyet or Adkins ?

Why our Robinson, Poyet, Di Canio or anyone with a good setup and decent squad went to come here? Monumental task this summer to pick the few edible scraps of meat off the bones once they are picked clean by bigger clubs and build a squad with the heart and desire to have a go.
If Harry was to walk.... on 12:34 - Feb 11 with 1228 viewsAntti_Heinola

If Harry was to walk.... on 12:33 - Feb 11 by Jamie

Why our Robinson, Poyet, Di Canio or anyone with a good setup and decent squad went to come here? Monumental task this summer to pick the few edible scraps of meat off the bones once they are picked clean by bigger clubs and build a squad with the heart and desire to have a go.

Agree about Poyet, but Di Canio or Robinson would jump at the chance. Of course they would.

Bare bones.

If Harry was to walk.... on 12:46 - Feb 11 with 1211 viewsW6Hoop

Who's that bloke at Leeds? Supposed to be pretty good in the Championship...
If Harry was to walk.... on 12:57 - Feb 11 with 1198 viewsdaveB

or you could look at it as a great opportunity to start from scratch with money behind you and really build something, if you fail then the club will be blamed
Login to get fewer ads

If Harry was to walk.... on 13:46 - Feb 11 with 1174 viewsTHEBUSH

Money is the reason, why they might want to come here.

I don't know enough about up and coming coaches, like most posters on here, any young new manager, would be a gamble anyway.
If Harry was to walk.... on 14:05 - Feb 11 with 1147 viewsPinnerPaul

I always say that and then the answer always hits me between the eyes - £££££££££££££££££££££££££££!

More money in the payslip, good backing from the owners, parachute payments of £20M+

We're all jaded after a bad season but believe me there will be a long list of applicants when Harry goes.

There's also a professional vanity that all managers must have, they all believe they can do a better job than the previous bloke!
If Harry was to walk.... on 14:50 - Feb 11 with 1128 viewsGloucs_R

Di Canio and the new Swindon board are not seeing eye to eye, all over the news down here. They sold his best player without telling him.

Personally I wouldnt want de canio anywhere near our club

If Harry was to walk.... on 14:54 - Feb 11 with 1117 viewsPeterHucker

If Harry was to walk.... on 14:55 - Feb 11 with 1115 viewsPeterHucker

this is the man we need to sort things out.

If Harry was to walk.... on 15:00 - Feb 11 with 1105 viewsdaveB

If Harry was to walk.... on 14:50 - Feb 11 by Gloucs_R

Di Canio and the new Swindon board are not seeing eye to eye, all over the news down here. They sold his best player without telling him.

Personally I wouldnt want de canio anywhere near our club

Di Canio will go to West Ham in the summer
If Harry was to walk.... on 15:09 - Feb 11 with 1100 viewsJamie

If Harry was to walk.... on 14:05 - Feb 11 by PinnerPaul

I always say that and then the answer always hits me between the eyes - £££££££££££££££££££££££££££!

More money in the payslip, good backing from the owners, parachute payments of £20M+

We're all jaded after a bad season but believe me there will be a long list of applicants when Harry goes.

There's also a professional vanity that all managers must have, they all believe they can do a better job than the previous bloke!

Poyet will earn a hundred times more respect for staying at Brighton and getting them up which he will do. Same for Robinson who will be taken by a decent PL club as a long termer.

We need a Holloway-esque squad building summer and I just don't see any of the hungry young managers being interested.
If Harry was to walk.... on 15:12 - Feb 11 with 1064 viewstoboboly

Tony Adams. End of.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

If Harry was to walk.... on 15:16 - Feb 11 with 1059 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Harry was to walk.... on 15:12 - Feb 11 by toboboly

Tony Adams. End of.

End of the club? Agreed if Adams was put in charge!
If Harry was to walk.... on 15:17 - Feb 11 with 1057 viewsWeaverQPR

Ryan Nelsen.

@WeavQPR

If Harry was to walk.... on 16:02 - Feb 11 with 1029 viewsdaveB

If Harry was to walk.... on 15:09 - Feb 11 by Jamie

Poyet will earn a hundred times more respect for staying at Brighton and getting them up which he will do. Same for Robinson who will be taken by a decent PL club as a long termer.

We need a Holloway-esque squad building summer and I just don't see any of the hungry young managers being interested.

he might earn more respect but Brighton will eventually sack him, they all get sacked in the end. We are an attractive proposition to any up and coming manager if the job came up, money to spend, some good players to work with as well.
If Harry was to walk.... on 16:18 - Feb 11 with 1010 viewsGloucs_R

If Harry was to walk.... on 16:02 - Feb 11 by daveB

he might earn more respect but Brighton will eventually sack him, they all get sacked in the end. We are an attractive proposition to any up and coming manager if the job came up, money to spend, some good players to work with as well.

All? Feguson, Wenger and that Dario Gradi bloke!

If Harry was to walk.... on 16:33 - Feb 11 with 1001 viewsJamie

If Harry was to walk.... on 16:02 - Feb 11 by daveB

Brighton won't be sacking him anytime soon, he's like a god down here and has done a fantastic job pulling together all the groundworks that we've never had. They've got a fantastic stadium, fantastic training ground, great chairman, money to spend if needed and a young, hungry staff on and off the pitch. He was on Goals on Sunday not long go saying he'd had interest from other clubs but he is desperate to get them to the PL.

With regards our squad, I'd be amazed if Cesar, Green, Onouha, Samba, Faurlin, Granero, Mbia, Taarabt, Mackie, Hoilett Remy were still here next season. I expect we'll be stuck with Ferdinand, Johnson, Bosingwa, SWP & Zamora who apparently needs another operation that will rule him out for most of next season.

Massive, massive rebuliding job needed IMO and I wouldn't be surprised if 'Schteve's name came up..
If Harry was to walk.... on 16:39 - Feb 11 with 997 viewsPinnerPaul

If Harry was to walk.... on 15:09 - Feb 11 by Jamie

Respect doesn't pay the mortgage!

Come on Jamie, when have managers ever been worried about respect!
If Harry was to walk.... on 16:51 - Feb 11 with 981 viewsBklynRanger

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI would be my choice - available on a free.

Then we'd really find out if there's a god or not.
If Harry was to walk.... on 16:54 - Feb 11 with 975 viewsMonahoop

Poyet or Adkins for me, failing that anyone so long as it's not Megson. It's worrying times for fans especially when you know he's looking for employment. Be afraid be very.......

There aint half been some clever bastards.

If Harry was to walk.... on 17:26 - Feb 11 with 954 viewsjo_qpr63

Wigan could be going down with us, Martinez might be tempted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024