Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has a thread disappeared??? 18:28 - Sep 12 with 4595 viewsW7Ranger

Has a thread disappeared??? on 21:55 - Sep 12 with 1502 viewsdanehoop

Made me snigger so much my wife wondered what i was up to the laptop. i told i was watching filth and she went away disinterested.

Never knowingly understood

Has a thread disappeared??? on 21:59 - Sep 12 with 1493 viewsLythamR

Has a thread disappeared??? on 21:46 - Sep 12 by michael67

If I remember well, mittals wanted to buy out tango and cash, but the deal fell through. Reasons, I don't know.

If they had really really wanted it they could have managed it, the valuation briatore and ecclestone put on the club was more than Mittal and Amit were prepared to pay, but there are ways and means for the really determined. I am not sure Mittals heart was in it and he ultimately holds the purse strings.

I am not blaming them for not meeting the valuation, it quite possible that the price was deliberately high as a snub by flav and bernie, but once TF came in he was driving the plane and for any ambitious business man the co pilots seat is not very appealing thats why I think its possible that this story might have some legs. but if it does its not the end of the world
Has a thread disappeared??? on 23:01 - Sep 12 with 1440 viewsBazWoT

Has a thread disappeared??? on 21:59 - Sep 12 by LythamR

If they had really really wanted it they could have managed it, the valuation briatore and ecclestone put on the club was more than Mittal and Amit were prepared to pay, but there are ways and means for the really determined. I am not sure Mittals heart was in it and he ultimately holds the purse strings.

I am not blaming them for not meeting the valuation, it quite possible that the price was deliberately high as a snub by flav and bernie, but once TF came in he was driving the plane and for any ambitious business man the co pilots seat is not very appealing thats why I think its possible that this story might have some legs. but if it does its not the end of the world

Tango and Cash wouldn't sell to them as Amit said in the FYP.

They had an option to pull out after a year and may well be exercising that option, apparently.

However, you need to advertise something to sell it not rumour monger about it.

Not sure why anyone believes Mittal is/has been a major benefactor.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Has a thread disappeared??? on 00:00 - Sep 13 with 1388 viewsstansleftfoot

For me somehow Warnock and Amit Bhattia coalesced to save QPR and even in the chaos of our promotion still were able to make QPR an attractive option for Fernandes and his cohorts. The residual costs still remain with us.
Amit Bhattia's interests in QPR appeared to be with the Clubs relationship with the Community, the youth, the role of a local Football Club as a method of developing potential of the young. I began to feel a sense of pride because Amit Bhattia was running the Club.
It would be a great shame if Phillip Beard's and the Fernandes Global Brand building exercise ignored or made Amit Bhattia feel the Club majority shareholders didn't hold the same views as him. I think it's possible but there's no reason why they can't all work together. For me this is the test of TF's skill as a businessman. If Bhattia sells up, it will be merely a statement of TF's cojones, its not better for the Club or for Fernandes.
QPR is a small local Club and Bhattia's views about the Club are far closer to mine than a massive Global fixation that TF and PB have. There is a balance.
I just hope that by now the commercial complexities and amounts of money involved are such that Amit Bhattia remains at QPR and in a role where he can continue his work to its full benefit to the Club, its Fans, and the local community.
QPR are a better, nicer, football club with Bhattia enjoying being involved. Losing Amit Bhattia could be very important in the long term about how we all feel about QPR as a Football Club. I say this as a fan for over 40 years and there's not enough good people in Football ownership and Amit Bhattia in my view has been one of the best.
Has a thread disappeared??? on 07:12 - Sep 13 with 1317 viewsWesty75

Has a thread disappeared??? on 00:00 - Sep 13 by stansleftfoot

For me somehow Warnock and Amit Bhattia coalesced to save QPR and even in the chaos of our promotion still were able to make QPR an attractive option for Fernandes and his cohorts. The residual costs still remain with us.
Amit Bhattia's interests in QPR appeared to be with the Clubs relationship with the Community, the youth, the role of a local Football Club as a method of developing potential of the young. I began to feel a sense of pride because Amit Bhattia was running the Club.
It would be a great shame if Phillip Beard's and the Fernandes Global Brand building exercise ignored or made Amit Bhattia feel the Club majority shareholders didn't hold the same views as him. I think it's possible but there's no reason why they can't all work together. For me this is the test of TF's skill as a businessman. If Bhattia sells up, it will be merely a statement of TF's cojones, its not better for the Club or for Fernandes.
QPR is a small local Club and Bhattia's views about the Club are far closer to mine than a massive Global fixation that TF and PB have. There is a balance.
I just hope that by now the commercial complexities and amounts of money involved are such that Amit Bhattia remains at QPR and in a role where he can continue his work to its full benefit to the Club, its Fans, and the local community.
QPR are a better, nicer, football club with Bhattia enjoying being involved. Losing Amit Bhattia could be very important in the long term about how we all feel about QPR as a Football Club. I say this as a fan for over 40 years and there's not enough good people in Football ownership and Amit Bhattia in my view has been one of the best.

Good post.
Has a thread disappeared??? on 07:42 - Sep 13 with 1289 viewssilky

My thoughts exactly... Well written mate.

Really, really hope we don't turn in a Chelsea like football club.... Not saying TF would ever be like that but more like loosing our identity as a smaller family club, But on the other hand you need to push on to survive in the PL...

Who knows, I just hope Amit stays, he does more than meets the eye.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Has a thread disappeared??? on 07:49 - Sep 13 with 1281 viewsjohnhoop

Has a thread disappeared??? on 07:12 - Sep 13 by Westy75

Good post.

Brilliant post and managed to put into words the way I feel about the situation myself.I would hate to see Amit go because ;
1)It removes that bedrock level of financial security which his father-in law's billions provide for the club.
and
2)He obviously cares for the club at a grass roots,community level which is almost unparalleled to see from a major financial player and the club would be far poorer without this.
Has a thread disappeared??? on 08:18 - Sep 13 with 1243 viewsWokingR

We can all move on now anyway.

Scotty Dog and Wombat have settled things like adults

Login to get fewer ads

Has a thread disappeared??? on 08:35 - Sep 13 with 1222 viewsBlackCrowe

Has a thread disappeared??? on 21:30 - Sep 12 by LythamR

For me the bottom line is that the mittals had the chance to buy outright and they didnt take it.

Fernandes and co seem to be the real deal its since they arrived that things have started to really move on, I dont doubt that they can find another investor to take the place of mittal or take on the additional shareholding within their own ranks and they had the majority in the board room anyway so i really dont think there is anything more to be concerned about than there was anyway. Amit Bathia was very good for the club especially as a rudder of sense amidst the madness of Briatore and Paladini, I would prefer for him to remain involved but wont be slashing my wrists if he decides to leave and go for something that he can have more control over.

About the most sensible and reasoned post on the subject so far, and I completely agree. Have a chocolate eclair.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Has a thread disappeared??? on 09:20 - Sep 13 with 1165 viewsadhoc_qpr

IF true, it's a shame because i do like Amit but Mittal probably spent more on Amit's wedding to his daughter than he did on QPR over the last few years.

The real investment has come via TF and his backers though.

Obviously the Daily Mail picked up on rumours about the Mittal's being unsettled last week but had nothing to back it up either. We'll see i guess.
Has a thread disappeared??? on 12:30 - Sep 13 with 1075 viewsTGRRRSSS

Weren't the Mittals funding the excesses such as they were of the Briatore regime for quite a while until they realised he was paying nothing and having all the say???
Or was it Ecclestone, either way it wasn't Briatore
Has a thread disappeared??? on 13:07 - Sep 13 with 1034 viewsQPunkR

Apart from the Mittal millions disappearing, the earlier post hit the nail right on the head RE: Amit Bhatia. That guy just exudes class and, like said above, I feel his vision of QPR as a Club and its standing in the world is a lot closer to mine that Uncle Tony's dreams of Far East domination. Would be a terrible, sad loss to the Club were he to leave

QPR - "shit but local"

Has a thread disappeared??? on 13:23 - Sep 13 with 1001 viewsdaveB

Has a thread disappeared??? on 21:46 - Sep 12 by michael67

If I remember well, mittals wanted to buy out tango and cash, but the deal fell through. Reasons, I don't know.

reasons were Tango and Cash wanted too much money, Mittal tried to buy them out several times. Will be a big blow if they go imo, they are the only sane ones at the club
Has a thread disappeared??? on 15:25 - Sep 13 with 919 viewsblacky200

Has a thread disappeared??? on 13:23 - Sep 13 by daveB

reasons were Tango and Cash wanted too much money, Mittal tried to buy them out several times. Will be a big blow if they go imo, they are the only sane ones at the club

To say that TF and his backers are not sane is a bit wide of the mark. Under TF we have signed some quality players, a quality manager and coaching staff. We have now got a structure that runs through the club that will hopefully lead to us developing new talent and plans are underway for a new training ground and a new ground.

These are serious businessmen and they didn't get that way by gambling everything they have got on a long shot.

I agree that it will be a shame if AB & Mittal go but I would rahter that than have the board fighting each other and creating unrest when we are so close to the stability we have all cried out for.
Has a thread disappeared??? on 17:37 - Sep 13 with 844 viewsW7Ranger

I'm still interested to know where this 100k per week for 2 employee's and 1 ex employee have come from.

Bold statements to make Scotty - how about you back this up with a little substance eh?

Has a thread disappeared??? on 20:20 - Sep 13 with 799 viewsBazWoT

Has a thread disappeared??? on 13:23 - Sep 13 by daveB

Mittal never tried to buy them out.

Has a thread disappeared??? on 20:23 - Sep 13 with 789 viewsBazWoT

Has a thread disappeared??? on 17:37 - Sep 13 by W7Ranger

I'm still interested to know where this 100k per week for 2 employee's and 1 ex employee have come from.

Bold statements to make Scotty - how about you back this up with a little substance eh?

Pointless question mate.

Has a thread disappeared??? on 20:37 - Sep 13 with 775 viewsrichranger

Great post - agree entirely
Has a thread disappeared??? on 20:55 - Sep 13 with 753 viewsN12Hoop

Has a thread disappeared??? on 07:49 - Sep 13 by johnhoop

Brilliant post and managed to put into words the way I feel about the situation myself.I would hate to see Amit go because ;
1)It removes that bedrock level of financial security which his father-in law's billions provide for the club.
and
2)He obviously cares for the club at a grass roots,community level which is almost unparalleled to see from a major financial player and the club would be far poorer without this.

What I like additionally about Amit and the Mittals are:

1. They have a local presence. They are settled in London and so there is no mystery about them like so many of the dodgy owners of recent times
2. Their wealth is astonishing and much of it is tangible, as opposed to being based on company valuations.

With TF there are these overseas backers who get mentioned but ultimately they don't have a physical presence and I'm not even sure if they've all visited Loftus Road. That to me has to be a cause for concern. Even with TF, his airline has no British presence so if he wasn;t coming here for QPR would he have any reason to come here at all?

Finally, Amit loves a bit of Twitter yet he has been silent all week in the knowledge that all these rumours are flying about. The fact he hasn't denied them tells us that something is going on.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Has a thread disappeared??? on 14:33 - Sep 14 with 691 viewsW7Ranger

Has a thread disappeared??? on 20:23 - Sep 13 by BazWoT

Pointless question mate.

^^ Good point!! ^^
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024