Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Akos to be offered a new deal? 13:55 - May 17 with 2898 viewsQPR_ARG

According to this website:

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2012/05/17/exclusive-midfielder-to-b

I have to admit I didn't see this one coming.
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 03:13 - May 18 with 629 viewstimcocking

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 14:31 - May 17 by Antti_Heinola

Need a decent squad though. Any players we sign should be first teamers and better than we have, moving guys like Hill and Buz down the pecking order. Both are still miles better than a lot of the ones who'll be on their way.

Yes. Even if i probably wouldn't have offered him a new contract myself, i'm happy if they do. He's ok to have in the squad as cover and the fact he is our longest serving player, i like. At least he's a QPR man through and through. Doesn't hurt to keep a couple of stalwarts around the place.
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 08:01 - May 18 with 595 viewsGetMeRangers

As mentioned above, he is already our player. We are not likely to go out and buy 7-8 players (at least I dont think so) and given the number that are going to be leaving the club, we will struggle to name a 25 (though I know some teams dont). Even in January with a new influx, it was not too hard to name who would be in the 25. As a back up for the main starting 11 I dont think he is the worst option. Despite surviving we are always going to struggle to attract either promising players or names to the club, though the appointment of MH has gone some way to redress that

As a weaker defence... I like singing his song at least a few times a season
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 08:06 - May 18 with 591 viewsgjc104

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 15:19 - May 17 by WokingR

Why ?

Apart from 20 minutes against a very poor Wigan he has offered us absolutely nothing this year

I agree, I think he should be let go. He doesnt offer much these days and his strikes against Wigan and Swansea gloss over his general performances where he plays a lot of square passes and gives the ball away a lot.
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 08:23 - May 18 with 582 viewsVish

its a safe bet really. 1 year option, he knows the club well and is now a fairly experienced player. we get rid of him now and potentially at the start of the season...

Faurlin is unlikely to be match fit
Derry may not be around
Barton wont be for one reason or another
Samba may not decide to sign for us
other targets MH has may not come through
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 08:34 - May 18 with 579 viewsashranger

I agree that this appears to be an option that makes sense given that he is already one of our players but feel he is just there to make up the numbers.

Stick him in a dead ball situation and we all know his quality but I thought he has been out of his depth when he has played recently and offered little to influence the game.

Bottom end squad player maybe, first team starter defiantly not, I hope we have a number of players in front of him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 09:02 - May 18 with 570 viewsbaz_qpr

I'd keep him, he is very talented, but at this level he needs to be quicker of mind because he lacks dreadfully for pace. At his most exposed this season alongside Derry. He is also the best deadball taker at the club, and I've never understood this season why when in the team he is not taking the corners as well.
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 09:27 - May 18 with 561 viewsjonno

I've been a big fan of Buzz but sadly I think injuries/age have caught up with him. A few years ago he could have been a top player in the PL but I suspect not any more. These days you need to have a bit more than just being a good deadball taker and have a decent shot on you. I also think he'll be looking for more than a year's deal anyway, so will probably take an offer from somewhere else, albeit on a lower yearly salary. As Ollie said a few years ago, midfield is a young, athletic man's game nowadays and that's why people like Derry and Buzz struggle there at the top level.
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 10:43 - May 18 with 547 viewsWestbourneR

Look he is a squad player at absolute best, but for a free that is worth having.

He was always fairly slow and that has got even worse since the injuries but technically he has something offer. If you have a couple of athletic guys around him to do the running then he can be a big goal threat.

Who was the journo that wrote an article last year saying that Adel is over rated and Akos is actually our best play maker? He was wrong.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Login to get fewer ads

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 10:47 - May 18 with 543 viewsdaveB

I think the biggest contract this summer is Taarabt, he has one year left and we'd be mad not to offer him an extended one.
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 10:49 - May 18 with 539 viewsJonDoeman

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 10:47 - May 18 by daveB

I think the biggest contract this summer is Taarabt, he has one year left and we'd be mad not to offer him an extended one.

I really hope he stays, the penny has dropped with him and he's going to get better and better now.

It Is What It Is !!

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 10:59 - May 18 with 531 viewsPhilmyRs

Akos the enigma. A player I always liked, always willing to perform, but sadly rarely does these days. I don't see akos impose himself on matches, he lacks speed and mobility, probably as the result of injury. If akos plays more than 20 games next season it would be because things are going seriously wrong. It hurts but I don't think he's good enough.
Akos to be offered a new deal? on 11:01 - May 18 with 527 viewsQPunkR

Can't believe people are preparing the van to the knacker's yard for Akos already. He's been one of the best footballers skill-wise for this Club since we signed him a few years ago and, while admittedly not Premiership class on the evidence of this season, we need squad players.
It'd be ridiculous to let him go on a free and pay millions for someone else to sit on the bench instead

QPR - "shit but local"

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 13:42 - May 18 with 501 viewsTacticalR

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 09:02 - May 18 by baz_qpr

I'd keep him, he is very talented, but at this level he needs to be quicker of mind because he lacks dreadfully for pace. At his most exposed this season alongside Derry. He is also the best deadball taker at the club, and I've never understood this season why when in the team he is not taking the corners as well.

That's a very good point about the Akos/Derry combination.

You *can* afford slow players, but not too many, and not next to each other.

In Derry's case speed is not so important because he is best when he stays back & mops up trouble.

Air hostess clique

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 13:43 - May 18 with 499 viewsderbyhoop

Buzsaky hasn't set the premiership alight but he's been ok. expect to see him down the pecking order but it seems like a fair offer to me. we will need a squad and I'd rather keep those we already have rather than recruit new reserves.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Akos to be offered a new deal? on 14:11 - May 18 with 485 viewsRangersAreBack

Will clearly be a squad player so best not to read too much into this offer. Buz will need to decide whether it's better to get regular football in the championship or play a bit part in the Prem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024