Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Commitment and confidence have gone missing 08:40 - Oct 21 with 987 viewssaint901

So we're 2-0 up, playing about as well as we can. The opposition is having a reasonable game but is unable to score.

Then we let in a goal and the fragility of our commitment and shallowness of our confidence kicks in and we could have lost by more.

In my view, the players have no confidence in the passing style the manager wants because in their heart of hearts they know that either they or their teammates lack the skill, fitness or concentration to maintain it. Unfortunately they also know that going to a more basic style risks a dressing room row and probably no first team bonuses for a few weeks.

The manager is culpable for this.

Either he plays to strengths - say passing style for an hour and then a defensive style, or he finds one tactic that can last 90 minutes.

Presently he is confusing the players and imposing an unsustainable system on players who don't have the ability and lack the confidence and therefore the commitment.

This manager has had had a long time to get this right and has still not achieved it.

I have no faith that the ownership wishes to see him gone or is perhaps unable to see him off. The manager says he is is dedicated to his style (don't mistake that for pig headed stubbornness).

So as fans we can look forward to more last 30 minute collapses in what is turning out to be a seasin in which we set all the wrong records.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 08:42 - Oct 21 with 980 viewskingolaf

It’s gone beyond hoping he will change. He has already said he won’t. He

He has to go. We will not win a single league game while he is in charge. Not one.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 10:37 - Oct 21 with 850 viewsDorsetIan

At some point, even for Sports Republic, the results will force RM's departure.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:03 - Oct 21 with 817 viewsGRIM

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 08:42 - Oct 21 by kingolaf

It’s gone beyond hoping he will change. He has already said he won’t. He

He has to go. We will not win a single league game while he is in charge. Not one.

Has any team ever gone 38 games in Premier lge with out winning.
The way things are going we'll
be the first.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:15 - Oct 21 with 794 viewsA1079

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:03 - Oct 21 by GRIM

Has any team ever gone 38 games in Premier lge with out winning.
The way things are going we'll
be the first.

We seem to be good as a club Grim at creating unwanted records so it sadly won't surprise me (as things are currently going) if we are the first club without a win in the league or finish less than the infamous 9 points that Derby Co achieved.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:25 - Oct 21 with 766 viewsIfonly

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:15 - Oct 21 by A1079

We seem to be good as a club Grim at creating unwanted records so it sadly won't surprise me (as things are currently going) if we are the first club without a win in the league or finish less than the infamous 9 points that Derby Co achieved.

Infamous, but infamously wrong. Derby had 11 points in 2007-8 and that is the record low.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 12:25 - Oct 21 with 684 viewskingslandstand1

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:15 - Oct 21 by A1079

Saturday was also the first time Leicester have won a game after being 2-0 down in their Prem League history (not sure if that is H&A or just away though) so anothr record
[Post edited 21 Oct 12:26]
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:00 - Oct 21 with 556 viewsGRIM

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:25 - Oct 21 by Ifonly

Infamous, but infamously wrong. Derby had 11 points in 2007-8 and that is the record low.

How many games did Derby win that season.
With RM in charge I just cannot envisage us getting more points than Derby did.
I really do hope I'm wrong.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:01 - Oct 21 with 555 viewsA1079

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 12:25 - Oct 21 by kingslandstand1

Saturday was also the first time Leicester have won a game after being 2-0 down in their Prem League history (not sure if that is H&A or just away though) so anothr record
[Post edited 21 Oct 12:26]

We seem to enjoy creating records with Leicester.
Login to get fewer ads

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:03 - Oct 21 with 549 viewsA1079

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 11:25 - Oct 21 by Ifonly

Thanks for spotting my deliberate mistake ifonly!

Makes it even more probable that we will break that record!
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:05 - Oct 21 with 543 viewssaint901

What's the record for the earlier time in a season a team is mathematically relegated?
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:16 - Oct 21 with 522 viewsIfonly

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:05 - Oct 21 by saint901

What's the record for the earlier time in a season a team is mathematically relegated?

It's Derby again: 29th March in the same season, after 32 games.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:32 - Oct 21 with 497 viewsIfonly

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:16 - Oct 21 by Ifonly

It's Derby again: 29th March in the same season, after 32 games.

That's PL btw, don't know about other leagues.

We'd have to really pull out all the stops to beat that record as we'll have 9 matches left at the end of March, whereas Derby only had 6 matches left. So, we'd probably need to be 28 points behind the team in 17th after 29 games - more or less a point a game. But it's possible. Say that Everton are the team in 17th. We're now 7 points behind them after 8 games.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:38 - Oct 21 with 483 viewskernow

I reckon we’ll have a run of victories and will have turned the corner……after relegation has become a mathematical certainty.
It’s how we roll.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:55 - Oct 21 with 464 viewsIfonly

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:38 - Oct 21 by kernow

I reckon we’ll have a run of victories and will have turned the corner……after relegation has become a mathematical certainty.
It’s how we roll.

I very much doubt that! Say we are relegated after the first fixtures in April with 7 games left. Those last 7 fixtures don't look like a run of wins to me. They include Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Villa. We've had our easy run of fixtures, the end of the season is much more difficult.
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 14:20 - Oct 21 with 420 viewskernow

Ah well . Past worrying about it really.
No easy games in the Prem league…..who said that ?
Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 14:49 - Oct 21 with 397 viewsDorsetIan

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 13:00 - Oct 21 by GRIM

How many games did Derby win that season.
With RM in charge I just cannot envisage us getting more points than Derby did.
I really do hope I'm wrong.

Derby won 1 game that season. Game 6 at home to Newcastle.

They got 5 points from their first 8 games. And 6 draws and 6 points from their remaining 30.

By this stage of the season then, their only win was behind them!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 18:32 - Oct 21 with 296 viewsGRIM

Commitment and confidence have gone missing on 14:49 - Oct 21 by DorsetIan

Derby won 1 game that season. Game 6 at home to Newcastle.

They got 5 points from their first 8 games. And 6 draws and 6 points from their remaining 30.

By this stage of the season then, their only win was behind them!

So after 8 games Derby had done much better than we have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024