Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
keeper 00:25 - Oct 21 with 792 viewssledger

anyone else think ramsedale should have done better with leicester winner,i realise he was a bit unsighted but it was hardly a rocket of a shot and he did get a big hand to it.
keeper on 01:39 - Oct 21 with 752 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

MAYBE ! But I feel that he is now disillusioned - with his defensive players , that he has in front of him - players who can only concentrate for the first 30 mins TRYING to play the Martin system !!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

keeper on 07:21 - Oct 21 with 642 viewskingolaf

I thought it looked a bit soft at the time, but I was at the other end.

Seen it on tv, and less critical of him now.
keeper on 07:37 - Oct 21 with 628 viewsmushinexile

Poor sod has to work for a living with the defence hobbled by the manager.
keeper on 08:27 - Oct 21 with 557 viewsHollywood56

Ramsdale is our player of the match every week, because the defense in front of him is clueless as to how they're meant to even clear their own lines. Until RM is kicked out of St Mary's nothing will change, not even our league position now that we are rock bottom with no chance of moving up the table.
keeper on 10:42 - Oct 21 with 486 viewsBridders2

Why is Ramsdale doing these long passes along the ground into midfield? Is that another thing RM insists on? He did it several times and each time our player was caught on the ball because the oppo had lots of time to see it coming. These passes where asking to be intercepted and where another calamity waiting to happen. When he lofted it into the air, upfield we very often won the ball, if we didn't at least it was in their half.
The Madness is spreading.
keeper on 10:59 - Oct 21 with 460 viewsGRIM

keeper on 10:42 - Oct 21 by Bridders2

Why is Ramsdale doing these long passes along the ground into midfield? Is that another thing RM insists on? He did it several times and each time our player was caught on the ball because the oppo had lots of time to see it coming. These passes where asking to be intercepted and where another calamity waiting to happen. When he lofted it into the air, upfield we very often won the ball, if we didn't at least it was in their half.
The Madness is spreading.

These balls played from keeper into midfield are very effective but it only works if you've got midfield players capable of finding space to receive the pass.
Problem with most of our players is that they don't react & anticipate what's happening, they wait for the ball to get to them rather than going to meet it, by then the opposition have closed them down.
Ramsdale has been excellent not sure we can blame him for any of the goals he's conceded, he's certainly an upgrade on all the other keepers we've got.
I feel for him having to play behind a defense that drops so deep & panics when we're put under pressure.
keeper on 11:17 - Oct 21 with 434 viewsBridders2

keeper on 10:59 - Oct 21 by GRIM

These balls played from keeper into midfield are very effective but it only works if you've got midfield players capable of finding space to receive the pass.
Problem with most of our players is that they don't react & anticipate what's happening, they wait for the ball to get to them rather than going to meet it, by then the opposition have closed them down.
Ramsdale has been excellent not sure we can blame him for any of the goals he's conceded, he's certainly an upgrade on all the other keepers we've got.
I feel for him having to play behind a defense that drops so deep & panics when we're put under pressure.

I agree Ramsdale has been excellent, however passing a very long ball through several Leicester players, along the ground was high risk option we could have avoided. Especially with our record of losing possession in our own half. Lofting it would have been a better option
keeper on 11:48 - Oct 21 with 388 viewsNumber_58

keeper on 11:17 - Oct 21 by Bridders2

I agree Ramsdale has been excellent, however passing a very long ball through several Leicester players, along the ground was high risk option we could have avoided. Especially with our record of losing possession in our own half. Lofting it would have been a better option

What's the point in lobbing high balls to Archer when he's being marked by a 6'5" defender? Ramsdale's passes were on the whole pretty good, but it does rely on the player he's passing the ball to being able to control it, and also that player having someone to lay it off to, and, more importantly on Saturday, a referee who actually gives free kicks when a defender tries to kick our forwards up in the air.
Login to get fewer ads

keeper on 11:59 - Oct 21 with 359 viewsHollywood56

He tried that before when he first got here, RM roasted him for it, it's do it his way or your dropped attitude that's ruining OUR club.
keeper on 12:13 - Oct 21 with 341 viewsTripleNiemi

Cannot remember who, or what game, but saw it the other day where a teams keeper had been given the ball, was gonna play a tippy tappy style approach yet was under pressure immediately from the opposing striker. Never seen it before, but the keeper literally 180’d it, turned to face his goal pretty much and simply played it out to conced a corner. Not ideal losing a corner, but couldn’t hoof it so made best sense.
[Post edited 21 Oct 12:16]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

keeper on 13:10 - Oct 21 with 266 viewsGRIM

keeper on 12:13 - Oct 21 by TripleNiemi

Cannot remember who, or what game, but saw it the other day where a teams keeper had been given the ball, was gonna play a tippy tappy style approach yet was under pressure immediately from the opposing striker. Never seen it before, but the keeper literally 180’d it, turned to face his goal pretty much and simply played it out to conced a corner. Not ideal losing a corner, but couldn’t hoof it so made best sense.
[Post edited 21 Oct 12:16]

Ramsdale is a quality keeper & should be playing for a top ten premier team.
What he's doing playing for us I don't know, he's better than that.
I'd be surprised if we were his only option in the transfer window, so why did he choose us, he knew we'd be in a dog fight at the bottom.
Knowing how much RM thinks of Baz I wouldn't be surprised if Baz when fit isn't reinstated as No 1.
That's is the mentality of RM.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024