Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook on todays defeat 20:35 - Oct 19 with 2812 viewsbosh67

Enormously honest. Seems exasperated by how badly the team are performing. Interesting near the end of the interview that he says that the fans expected better things and so did the team and management. Points out how easy we are to beat at the moment and that has to change.
[Post edited 19 Oct 20:36]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cook on todays defeat on 20:50 - Oct 19 with 2686 viewsrichranger

That was a very frank, honest interview. Cook really takes things on the chin.
I've must respect for him.
Cook on todays defeat on 20:50 - Oct 19 with 2657 viewsstainrods_elbow

Looks demoralised and also has no answers. Frightening!

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Cook on todays defeat on 20:51 - Oct 19 with 2683 viewsStreathamRanger

Another good man. Says it how it is and has earnt the right to do that by being a model pro who has had an exceptional career (compared to anyone else in our squad)
Cook on todays defeat on 20:53 - Oct 19 with 2664 viewsJames_Paddocks

The look of a man who can't quite believe what we've signed...
Cook on todays defeat on 20:57 - Oct 19 with 2623 viewsThe_Beast1976

Cook on todays defeat on 20:53 - Oct 19 by James_Paddocks

Cook on todays defeat on 20:59 - Oct 19 with 2603 viewsNed_Kennedys

Cook on todays defeat on 20:50 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

Looks demoralised and also has no answers. Frightening!

Rightly seems pissed off with the level of commitment, fight and competence of his teammates.
Cook on todays defeat on 21:02 - Oct 19 with 2570 viewsDamo1962

Cook on todays defeat on 20:53 - Oct 19 by James_Paddocks

He's one of us 😉
Cook on todays defeat on 21:06 - Oct 19 with 2524 viewsDamo1962

Cook on todays defeat on 20:59 - Oct 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Rightly seems pissed off with the level of commitment, fight and competence of his teammates.

I hope he has told them. Might buck up their ideas. Bet he has never been at a club with such appalling professionals and standards.No surprise that him and Dunne are not looking as good as they can be, when you see who is playing alongside them at the back. Nardi is the only one who is blameless. Must be wondering what he has got himself into.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook on todays defeat on 21:12 - Oct 19 with 2457 viewsLogman

Strange how we see things but to me that doesn't sound like a man who can inspire his team mates to go the extra mile
Cook on todays defeat on 21:19 - Oct 19 with 2400 viewsStreathamRanger

Cook on todays defeat on 21:12 - Oct 19 by Logman

Strange how we see things but to me that doesn't sound like a man who can inspire his team mates to go the extra mile

I'd love to play alongside someone who demands so much from themselves and those around him. He's not the manager, he's the captain. It's his job more than Marti's to call out lack of standards, effort and quality. Marti can't publicly say what Cook can but I'm sure they're on the same page.
Cook on todays defeat on 21:21 - Oct 19 with 2366 viewsHunterhoop

Cook on todays defeat on 20:59 - Oct 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Hello, Christian. Hello, Andy.
Cook on todays defeat on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 2334 viewsHunterhoop

Cook on todays defeat on 21:19 - Oct 19 by StreathamRanger

I'd love to play alongside someone who demands so much from themselves and those around him. He's not the manager, he's the captain. It's his job more than Marti's to call out lack of standards, effort and quality. Marti can't publicly say what Cook can but I'm sure they're on the same page.

I would think they very much are…

And it wouldn’t surprise me if they discussed what he would say.
Cook on todays defeat on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 2332 viewsE15Hoop

He was Eddie Howe's captain at Bournemouth for years - the same Eddie Howe who, apparently "should" have been England manager by now, so clearly he must have something about him.

I said at the start of this season that he should be captain and should have been last season as well, and I echo themajority of the sentiments in this post that point to his honesty virtually to the point of self-flagellation.
Cook on todays defeat on 21:23 - Oct 19 with 2318 viewsDamo1962

He's been broken by this club...like me. The kind of players we keep recruiting, are with a few notable exceptions ...the type who don't seem to listen to the manager or captain anyway.
Cook on todays defeat on 23:21 - Oct 19 with 1835 viewsstainrods_elbow

So our captain gives, what, a woebegone 7-minute interview to tell us, apparently in all seriousness, that there's no lack of effort or endeavour, what we're missing is quality, but then the answer is just to work ever harder, as echoed by our insightful manager.

Have neither of them never heard the idea that clever people don't necessarily work harder, they work smarter? Either way, the concept seems to be extra-terrestrial to our lot!

Are these people stupid, do they think we are, or is it a bit of both?

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Cook on todays defeat on 23:27 - Oct 19 with 1814 viewsBurnleyhoop

Honest and forthright with no flannel. He knows we have been shit and he knows he has not started the season well and is culpable for a few of our goals conceded.

They all need to dig deep now and drag us out of this mess. This will get ugly with another flacid performance on Tuesday.

Have to say the constant chopping and changing of personal and formations can’t be helping create a settled side and we look more and more disjointed and disorganised with every game. After today, I expect another tombola selection against Coventry as Marti must be losing faith in the most fragile Rangers squad I have seen in a long time.
Cook on todays defeat on 23:28 - Oct 19 with 1814 viewsJamesB1979

I’d be tempted to stop the media stuff until we win a game. Too much talk at this club now
Cook on todays defeat on 23:28 - Oct 19 with 1810 viewsParkRoyalR

Cook on todays defeat on 23:21 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

So our captain gives, what, a woebegone 7-minute interview to tell us, apparently in all seriousness, that there's no lack of effort or endeavour, what we're missing is quality, but then the answer is just to work ever harder, as echoed by our insightful manager.

Have neither of them never heard the idea that clever people don't necessarily work harder, they work smarter? Either way, the concept seems to be extra-terrestrial to our lot!

Are these people stupid, do they think we are, or is it a bit of both?

Young Morgan on his debut showed more courage & leadership than Cook today.

I'll give him one rare run forward buy how can a player of that experience play behind Madsen in that last 30 minutes and not tell him to drop into space or create an angle to receive a pass so we could break their press and move the ball forward,

Great Captains like Roy Keane were cajoling and I strutting his team mates for 90 minutes, not just digging them out after his team conceded.
Cook on todays defeat on 23:51 - Oct 19 with 1695 viewsLogman

I agree. He needs to show leadership. Even if it rankles with Marti. Show proper leadership on the pitch. Elevate yourself above the other players. Not just say what everyone else is thinking.
Cook on todays defeat on 10:25 - Oct 21 with 846 viewsEsox_Lucius

I think he has been poor himself this season. At least one glaring mistake in each match and a lot of finger pointing when something goes wrong. I think he knows his best years are beyond him now and is is playing more on reputation than ability now. Chair is more of a leader than Cook IMO... or at least he was until his "back injury".

The grass is always greener.

Cook on todays defeat on 11:28 - Oct 21 with 694 viewskernowhoop

Possibly the most important of his comments was that the fans should continue giving their support. The alternative is unthinkable.
Cook on todays defeat on 14:21 - Oct 21 with 515 viewswombat

Cook on todays defeat on 23:28 - Oct 19 by ParkRoyalR

Young Morgan on his debut showed more courage & leadership than Cook today.

I'll give him one rare run forward buy how can a player of that experience play behind Madsen in that last 30 minutes and not tell him to drop into space or create an angle to receive a pass so we could break their press and move the ball forward,

Great Captains like Roy Keane were cajoling and I strutting his team mates for 90 minutes, not just digging them out after his team conceded.

how do you know he didnt do just that ? madson looks like he couldnt care less so far since he joined us , he certainly plays like he couldnt care less .this is the issue this season how many on the field have it in them to call certain players out and it maker a difference, ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cook on todays defeat on 15:53 - Oct 21 with 387 viewsQPunkR

Cook on todays defeat on 11:28 - Oct 21 by kernowhoop

Possibly the most important of his comments was that the fans should continue giving their support. The alternative is unthinkable.

Yer but that’s one of the things he’s told/expected to say

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024